3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Long Term Goals! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/200456-long-term-goals.html)

ksb001 04-27-2010 01:32 PM

Long Term Goals!

How about a little game to help keep us motivated? Post your long-term goals or "dreams" of what you want to do or buy once you've achieved your weight loss goal:

I have several, but here are some:

Once I'm out of the 200's, I want to book an appointment at the fanciest spa around for an hour long massage! (no worrying about all that back fat!) :o

My ultimate long-term goal is to go zip lining in either Hawaii or Costa Rica jungle without worrying that I won't fit in the harness or be too heavy.

There's a start. How about you?

SylvieG 04-27-2010 02:47 PM

My ultimate goal is to lose 100lbs on IP... and get rid of the forever fat mentality! I started IP back in August and am almost there... and still find it hard every day, every hour! My mini-goals are:
New pair of shoe at 150lbs: done by April 17th! :dancer:
Facial at 140lbs to celebrate normal BMI range! :chin:
130 lbs - a new bathing suit! ;)

Calgarygirlie 04-27-2010 03:53 PM

Great idea!
Right now, my goal is to weigh less than my uber fit husband, and to wear a dress with color. Not just black, brown or navy blue that might (but never really did) hide my bulges. Oh yes... I would love a dress with color!

ksb001 04-27-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylvieG (Post 3266359)
My ultimate goal is to lose 100lbs on IP... and get rid of the forever fat mentality! I started IP back in August and am almost there... and still find it hard every day, every hour! My mini-goals are:
New pair of shoe at 150lbs: done by April 17th! :dancer:
Facial at 140lbs to celebrate normal BMI range! :chin:
130 lbs - a new bathing suit! ;)

Good goals and nice to see that you've already managed to cross one off your list. What kind of shoes did you get?

I love facials, too but it's been the one indulgence I've allowed myself even though I'm not happy with my weight - at least you stay covered!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie (Post 3266478)
Great idea!
Right now, my goal is to weigh less than my uber fit husband, and to wear a dress with color. Not just black, brown or navy blue that might (but never really did) hide my bulges. Oh yes... I would love a dress with color!

I hear you on the color thing - my closet is all black right now!

FlourishGirl 04-27-2010 06:55 PM

I want to be a fit and healthy role model for my 18-month old daughter. (Biggest Goal)

I want to see my husband look at my the way he did 5 years ago, before I gained weight.

For me, I want to be healthy, confident and HAVE FUN shopping again. I want to buy what is cute, not what will hide my problem areas. I also want to be light enough to work out and have more fun doing it because I am not packing around an extra 40 pounds of me that I don't need.

When I hit goal...I have a $150 spa certificate waiting for me, which equates to a facial and hot rock massage. I can't wait!

showgirlaz 04-27-2010 07:02 PM

My mini goals:

at 160 - facial and mani/pedi at favorite spa

at 150 - spray tan and new bathing suit

at 140 - Resize my watch :) and a massage

at 130 - Photos and new clothes

LONG TERM:

When my mom died I got her 30th wedding anniversary ring. Beautiful! But, not easily sized because of the band. They tell me it is easier to size down than up so, my goal is to be able to wear her ring. I can get it on now but I don't trust that I won't swell through summer so, I am hoping losing the last 30 to 40 pounds will give me that last bit of change to make it work!

Scuba, Surfing, Volleyball, Tennis and weight training all back on the table! I miss running. (Use to be a cross country runner in high school and did track and field - sprint events, relays, discus and shot put.) Generally looking forward to everything that is hard to do at 115 pounds overweight.

motiv8edmama 04-28-2010 12:11 AM

What fun!!

My first goal is to weigh less than my hubby and boy am I closing in on him, only 5 lbs to go!! I will have him in no more than 2 weeks!!

When I reach 215, I plan to get a massage.

When I reach 200, I am going to get an herbal body wrap to help get my fat cells all squished together. (for some reason this is fascinanting to me)

When I reach 190, almost my goal, I am going to get a huge tattoo, a back piece. It will be a portrait of my daughters that I have always wanted but have been too worried how loosing and gaining weight will affect the look.

When I reach my goal of 180-185, I would like to get all dressed up in wedding clothes and get pictures of my hubby and I so I can actually hang a wedding looking picture up on the wall. As it is, I don't like how I looked in the ones we had taken so did not even order one to hang on the wall.

I know I will be treating myself to many new wardrobes along the way and look forward to bringing in the new and packing out the old! The funny thing is I dream of fitting a size 16 so I always chuckle when I see some of you wishing to be out of a size 10. :) I am currently a size 22, but will soon be shopping for 20s so I do not have droopy drawers!! :p

csdclark 04-28-2010 12:30 AM

My 1st goal is to get out of the 180's forever.
My 2nd goal at 165lbs get a glorious hot rock massage.
My 3rd goal at 140lbs get my wedding rings re-sized. They are already feeling to big and I've only have lost 11lbs. Gotta love it!!

futureskinnygirl 04-28-2010 01:42 AM

I am going to post my ultimate goal.

My starting weight: 274.4
My current weight: 264.0 at week 1
My ultimate goal is to be at 145. My husband and I never went on a honeymoon (we've been married 14 years) , so when I hit my goal, I'm buying a hot swimsuit and going somewhere tropical!

Hockey Mom23 04-28-2010 10:27 AM

My ultimate goal is to maintain my goal weight, which as of today is 173. I will give myself wiggle room - I can vary between 170-175, but no higher.

When I reach my goal, I'm going to Victoria's Secret and getting all new undies. I know that sounds lame, but I'm really excited about it.

Calgarygirlie 04-28-2010 11:38 AM

Oh.... I have another one.....wearing boots...sassy boots, that will actually fit around my calf :)

Hockey Not lame at all..me too

Motiv8edmama I would love...I mean love to have new wedding photos too.

showgirlaz 04-28-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie (Post 3267766)
Oh.... I have another one.....wearing boots...sassy boots, that will actually fit around my calf :)

Hockey Not lame at all..me too

Motiv8edmama I would love...I mean love to have new wedding photos too.

ME TOO! I haven't been able to wear a pair of nice, sexy calf high boots in probably 15 years. My calves were as big as 19.5" around. Now they are just a smidge under 16". I sure would love to get down to a 12" or 13" size again.

ksb001 04-28-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 (Post 3267633)
My ultimate goal is to maintain my goal weight, which as of today is 173. I will give myself wiggle room - I can vary between 170-175, but no higher.

When I reach my goal, I'm going to Victoria's Secret and getting all new undies. I know that sounds lame, but I'm really excited about it.

Not lame at all! I can't remember the last time I had "cute" undies, not just cotton "granny panties". :o Some new bras too perhaps?

I want to buy clothes in real stores - no more Lane Bryant or Avenue or picking through the Women's department anymore!

ksb001 04-28-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3266769)
Generally looking forward to everything that is hard to do at 115 pounds overweight.

Ditto!

deinekatze 04-28-2010 02:34 PM

You know what? I agree on the boots!

I LOVE boots and got me a pair of racy thigh high boots and then realized they don't fit cause of my calves??? what??? I had NEVER thought of that!

I have not tried again but will keep you posted

sassykimann 04-28-2010 07:49 PM

Awesome post! My current goal is that on Sept 18, the day I get married, I want the church doors to open and everyone to gasp. I want all of my relatives who have only ever known me as the chubby cute cousin to be like Holy crap she is hot and look at those curves. I want to be able to look back years from now and love the way I looked on my wedding day.

I want to be healthy enough to get pregnant on my own and not use the damn fertility drugs that most girls with PCOS have to to turn to. I want a healthy pregnancy and I want to be a YUMMY MOMMY :)

Vicjul 04-28-2010 08:01 PM

My goal is to stop wearing longer tops and jackets to hide my hips and butt !!

In June when I get my maid of honors dress (my brother in law is getting married) I want to have it taken in not out !!

showgirlaz 04-29-2010 12:08 AM

Elizabeth! How odd that you too have a calf size issue! Makes me realize (and worry a little) that it can even happen to a skinny little thing! I have only dreamed of having thigh-hi boots. Even when I was skinny before (decades ago) I never had small thighs - 20" back then. ( have always done alot of weight lifting/strength training, beginning 27 years ago) The COOL thing is my thighs just measured 21.5" so, MAYBE this time I will get enough fat off to make them small. LOL... I use to dream they could be 19"! They never were but my ARMS sure made it! LMAO... :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassykimann (Post 3268444)
Awesome post! My current goal is that on Sept 18, the day I get married, I want the church doors to open and everyone to gasp. I want all of my relatives who have only ever known me as the chubby cute cousin to be like Holy crap she is hot and look at those curves. I want to be able to look back years from now and love the way I looked on my wedding day.

I want to be healthy enough to get pregnant on my own and not use the damn fertility drugs that most girls with PCOS have to to turn to. I want a healthy pregnancy and I want to be a YUMMY MOMMY :)

:goodscale:cheer: Here's wishing that you get everything your heart desires for your wedding day! I am sure you will stun everyone there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicjul (Post 3268463)
My goal is to stop wearing longer tops and jackets to hide my hips and butt !!

In June when I get my maid of honors dress (my brother in law is getting married) I want to have it taken in not out !!

AH, the fat girl optical illusions we play! I am SOOOOO guilty of that one! You must post your NSV the day you finally feel comfortable without the coverage! What kind/style of dress are you wearing in the wedding?

Vicjul 04-29-2010 10:23 AM

Carla I have written the book on fat girl optical illusions LOLOL

The dress is fitted I have attached the link, when I ordered it everyone said it made me looked slimmer although I think I was 213 when I ordered it.

http://www.jasminebridal.com/J_3_1_1..._line_season=S

deinekatze 04-29-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3268739)
Elizabeth! How odd that you too have a calf size issue! Makes me realize (and worry a little) that it can even happen to a skinny little thing! I have only dreamed of having thigh-hi boots. Even when I was skinny before (decades ago) I never had small thighs - 20" back then. ( have always done alot of weight lifting/strength training, beginning 27 years ago) The COOL thing is my thighs just measured 21.5" so, MAYBE this time I will get enough fat off to make them small. LOL... I use to dream they could be 19"! They never were but my ARMS sure made it! LMAO... :rofl:

Guuuuurrrrlllll, when the skinny me was around that was not a problem... this is new! That's why I never thought about it!

and your thighs are smaller than mine my friend...try 25inches!

You look great... I just know (thanks to my modeling background) how to pose and what angles to use LOL... believe me...that's all it is ;-)

Here are my measurements TODAY
Chest 38
waist 32
Hips (I like to call it Butt!) 43 1/2
Thigh 25
and since it was the subject....
Calf 14 1/2

deinekatze 04-29-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicjul (Post 3269146)

The dress is fitted I have attached the link, when I ordered it everyone said it made me looked slimmer although I think I was 213 when I ordered it.

so pretty!

Vicjul 04-29-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deinekatze (Post 3269192)
so pretty!

Thanks, I keep having nightmares about it and how big my butt will look in it !!! Especially since my back will be facing everyone while I am standing at the alter !! The bride is a size 6 !!!! The store made me order a size 14 I wanted them to order one size smaller but they said it is easier to take the dress in than out.

deinekatze 04-29-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicjul (Post 3269205)
Thanks, I keep having nightmares about it and how big my butt will look in it !!! Especially since my back will be facing everyone while I am standing at the alter !! The bride is a size 6 !!!! The store made me order a size 14 I wanted them to order one size smaller but they said it is easier to take the dress in than out.

yup, I got the same answer...plus it makes sense... my wedding dress was ordered in a size 12 I believe? which means a normal size 8... thankfully it is a lace up back so that gives it more flexibility too.

Have not even tried it on yet (dress in to here yet) so anxious to see...would LOVE to lose at least 10 more lbs by then

I'm sure you will look great... Confidence is what people look at ...just so you know ;-) so be PROUD of what you have accomplished thus far, believe me, it is AMAZING to anyone

ksb001 04-29-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

That dress is very pretty but kind of hard to "hide" in! Keep pluggin away, you'll look fantastic!

ksb001 04-29-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassykimann (Post 3268444)

You're going to be a beautiful bride! I wish you and your future husband all the best.

Vicjul 04-29-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksb001 (Post 3269492)
That dress is very pretty but kind of hard to "hide" in! Keep pluggin away, you'll look fantastic!

Well Sat July 03 will be the day I come out of hiding !!! LOLOLOL

deinekatze 04-29-2010 07:58 PM

OMG ladies!!!!

Thank you for the BOOT reminder... LOOK!!!!
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Vicjul 04-29-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deinekatze (Post 3270028)
OMG ladies!!!!

wow that is great !!

showgirlaz 04-30-2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

We should do THAT as a thread! The "fat chick tricks" you will no longer need to use! lmao.... I could start it with standing slightly behind someone in a picture so you "think" you lose a third of your body mass! :dizzy:

I LOVE the dress! Stunning! You will be beautiful in it! Your Bride has good taste! Or did you get to pick it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deinekatze (Post 3269188)
Guuuuurrrrlllll, when the skinny me was around that was not a problem... this is new! That's why I never thought about it!

and your thighs are smaller than mine my friend...try 25inches!

You look great... I just know (thanks to my modeling background) how to pose and what angles to use LOL... believe me...that's all it is ;-)

Here are my measurements TODAY
Chest 38
waist 32
Hips (I like to call it Butt!) 43 1/2
Thigh 25
and since it was the subject....
Calf 14 1/2

OMG ladies!!!!

Awww! :hug: Thanks! I feel huge!

I am only 5'5" and have been told I have a large bone structure. I also seem to have a lot of muscle (not as much as I used to but I haven't really done any weight training in a year) which may help.

My starting measurements in inches were:

size: 20
Chest: 48
Natural Waist: 41.5
Lower ab at top of hip bone: 43.5
Hips: 52
Neck: 14.75
Bicep: 19
Thigh: 30.75
Calf: 19

My Current Measurements in inches are:

size: 10/12

Chest: 38
Natural Waist: 27
Lower ab at top of hip bone: 32
Hips: 40
Neck: 12
Bicep: 12.25
Thigh: 21.5
Calf: 15.75 to 16 ... kind of in between

I would like my final measurements to be:
Chest: 36 to 37 , Waist: 25, Hips: 36 to 37, Bicep: 9, Thigh: 19??? or smaller, Calves: smallish normal... like a 12??? PLEASE!

I have always had a large lower body. Strong and muscular. Was called "bubble butt" from 2nd grade all thru high school. I want to be a size 6 maybe 19 - 21 percent body fat. Smallest I've been as an adult was a size 4. My waist was a 19-1/2", not that I hope to get that back, it was nearly 20 years ago after all! In your career/background? Do my goals seem "realistic"? How much can one reduce in body fat by training effectively? What about if I were on a maintenance diet focused on protein/ moderate fat, and low carb?

Vicjul 04-30-2010 08:03 AM

Thanks Carla I picked the dress and the color the bride did not care as my husband and I are the only ones in the wedding party.

wow impressive inch loss !!

jordanna 04-30-2010 08:56 AM

I have been putting away $50 a month to help supplement my wardrobe when I'm done. So far I only have $200 but it's a start.

I'm looking forward to cute sundresses for my cruise next April - which is when I hope to ulitmately be at goal.

I also have a lululemon hoodie in my closet that I bought as motivation in 2008 hoping one day I'd fit my fat kid self in to it....no luck yet but I'm the closest I've ever been!

And an awesome winter jacket..I live in western Canada where it is potentially winter from October to April, and fat kid winter coats, not the most beautiful things you've ever seen! I can't wait to have something stylish!

pookee 04-30-2010 09:48 AM

Love the pictures and motivating rewards, ladies!

My long term reward is to get my varicose veins fixed. Not something fun, but they hurt (especially when they accidentally get hit) and I might actually be inspired to wear shorts.

deinekatze 04-30-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookee (Post 3270705)
Love the pictures and motivating rewards, ladies!

My long term reward is to get my varicose veins fixed. Not something fun, but they hurt (especially when they accidentally get hit) and I might actually be inspired to wear shorts.

on Varicose Veins... you need to increase your activity/circulation. More cardio, walking believe it or not. I had a client that had them and he worked on his feet all day... not good, so I told him about cardio and getting the blood flowing and he was Thrilled

Here are some tips

Lots of women having varicose veins on their legs are afraid of exercising, because they believe, that physical exercises could make the problem worse. Exercises actually improve the blood circulation through your legs. Any exercises involving legs are good to prevent spider veins, the best and most efficient is exercising the lower calf muscles. Swimming, walking, bicycling, jogging, aerobics, step aerobics – if you do something from the list regularly, this is already varicose veins prevention. If you already have varicose veins, moderate leg exercises help relieve varicose veins and reduce the aching associated with them. The following exercises improve your leg strength and muscle tone, help promote circulation and, thus, help prevent and relieve varicose veins.
Exercise #1. Calf Stretching

You will need to use an aerobic step, or a low bench, or something stable, raised and firm. Stand on the step with both feet. Your heels should extend over the edge of the step. Raise yourself up on your toes and then lower your heels down below the step. Do this exercise close to a wall to hold on to balance. Make about 40 repetitions. This exercise stretches the back of your calf muscles.
Exercise #2. Pedaling

Lie on the floor on your back with hands out to the sides or beneath the buttocks. Lift your legs off the floor and pedal them, as if you were riding a bicycle. If you hold your legs low, you also work on your abdominals.
Exercise #3. Tip-toeing

Walk on tip-toes, when you are working around the house. This exercise also stretches the calves.
Exercise #4. Walk on Heels

This exercise is also simple and can be done at home while clearing up, but is effective for calve muscle strength. Just walk on your heels around the house.
Exercise #5. Leg Lifting

Lie down on the floor on your back with hands out to the sides or beneath the buttocks. Press your lower back and buttocks against the floor. Lift one straight leg and hold it elevated perpendicular to the floor. Hold this pose as long as you can and lay the leg down. Repeat this motion with the other leg. This exercise improves the circulation in your legs.
Exercise #6. Knee Bends

Lie on the floor on your back. Pull one knee into your chest. During this hold onto your leg behind the knee. While your leg is kept in this position, point and flex your foot. All the motions should be done slowly and forcefully. After several foot motions do the same with the opposite leg. This exercise makes the muscles of the entire leg work.
Resting after Leg Exercises

It is recommended to elevate the legs about 6 to 12 inches above the heart after doing these or any other leg exercises, especially exercises involving the large muscles of the lower body. Independent from if you have just done exercises, or walked a lot, or had to stand for a long time, do this to prevent and relieve varicose veins. You can also do the following: lie down on the floor with your buttocks almost touching a wall. Keep your legs in an elevated pose resting against the wall. This provides a good rest for your legs.

pookee 04-30-2010 04:04 PM

deinekatze, THANK YOU for the fabulous information!! I haven't been walking much since my second baby was born, but I do need to start! Will these exercises also stop them from bulging out, or am I doomed for the laser for that one?

deinekatze 04-30-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookee (Post 3271262)
deinekatze, THANK YOU for the fabulous information!! I haven't been walking much since my second baby was born, but I do need to start! Will these exercises also stop them from bulging out, or am I doomed for the laser for that one?

the more you improve your circulation the better they will get... not sure they can reverse completely, depends on your own body, but it will make them feel better at the very least