Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:54 AM   #286  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I weigh in tomorrow morning. I will visit with my coach about the Rocket Fuel concept and see what she says. I'll let you all know if I make it to the 160's. I'm so hoping!!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 01:03 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

I have completely fallen off the IP wagon. It's been over a week. I don't even want to go for my weigh in. I need to restock my IP cupboard so I have my favorites around to get me going again. Any encouragement would be helpful. I don't know why I got so off.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
ARGH! Hubby went grocery shopping and brought home 2 bags of chips. Yes, he's on a diet too (weight watchers), but the temptation is killing me!! My first weigh-in is tomorrow morning, and I would feel incredibly guilty blowing this diet this early in the game. HELP!!
not sure if you have done it already but don't do it. I came home and had 10th of a muffin and felt like crap after. Sugar rush was so horrible. btw threw out all the muffins and orange cake my mom had made right after!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #289  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Wish me luck ladies!! I am going for WI #2 tmmrw. I don't feel like I had the big loss I did week one(11lbs) but we will see! Uggghh have a bunch of kids around this weekend, so temptation is mine to prepare all weekend. I will prevail!! Yes I will. Will post my after my wi tmmrw!! cheers and congrats to everyone!
Old 05-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #290  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Sam said: Love IP down 3.5 lbs this week.

Way to go Sam!!! Keep up the good work of going down!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemiesse View Post
The "rocketfuel" thingy sounds excellent but I guess as beginners we should wait a little to do that right? Also, what exactly is "boot camp"? Is it the restricted stage in phase 1? So many new terms - trying to take it all in! So helpful though
NO Rocket Fuiel for you, sweetheart! You just stay on plan right now. You're doing great. Boot camp is when you're following phase 1, with NO restricted items from any restricted areas (IP or Veggies).

I will be in week 8 by the time I do it. Also, I listed the nutrutional facts for a day of it on page 7, but nobody said anything. It has quite high numbers (higher than I'm having most days right now - I use fitday.com like many of you - so I'm really not sure how effective will even be!) Please, unless you're in week 8 or higher and your very familiar with IP program, don't try it, I feel very bad if someone got sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
So I have some interesting news:

There is this show in Canada called XWeighted [...]me and want to do a feature on me because I'm doing so well.

I think I'd like to do it, [...] despite what you all might think I'm actually painfully shy...

Just not sure if I should do it or not!
You should do what your heart tells you. I still haven't told my husband what my starting weight was (or what my weight is). I tell him, I lost 2 more pounds etc. But I'm just comfortable saying the words out loud to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Hi all,
I dropped off the radar for awhile, traveling for work. glad to read all the great accomplishments!!

Words are powerful, I want to take control of this phrase "weigh in" and not let it control me...
Welcome back, Rocky. Sounds like you did very well.

Another little tip for very yummy coffee (I think Mystical mama put the recipe in the recipe folder, he where is mystical mama???)... you make chocolate pudding, a little thinner than normal and use that with your coffee! I also dash a little cinnamon on top. YUM I have a kuerig, so I just set the cup under there and when I pull it out it's all frothy and creamy and chocolately coffee like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I weigh in tomorrow morning. I will visit with my coach about the Rocket Fuel concept and see what she says. I'll let you all know if I make it to the 160's. I'm so hoping!!!!
Thanks WyoSun! I feel like I opened the first pack of cigarettes at a highschool and everyone wants a drag... No no no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
I have completely fallen off the IP wagon...
Just get up and decide today is day 1 again. Yesteray if over and move on. You can't change it, just forget it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Wish me luck ladies!!!...
Good luck! I'm sure you're gonna have a great "shrink check" (that was for Rocky)
Old 05-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #291  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Jordanna -- I'm with you on the not wanting the world to know exactly how much I had mismanaged my health. Heck - it took me awhile to even post the numbers here. I would find out all the details of exactly what they would like to publicize and find out what control you have over the end result. Then I would weigh the positives versus negatives. Maybe motivating/educating others is a big reason to decide to do it??
Kelsey-- regarding the rocket fuel thing. I did notice that the carb number was up over 30 if you do the 5 IPs you selected. Wondering if that matters...
I would like to try it but I feel like my energy and overall well being are barely tolerating the plan right now with the vegetables and lettuce-- not sure how I would feel without them but I'm thinking it wouldn't be good. But I have been so stuck for so long now, without cheats, that I need some kind of change...
Chaplainswifey - you have lost over 70 lbs in 4 months?? I had lost 28 in 7 weeks and now 32 in 11 weeks. I will be lucky to make 35 lbs in 3 months. Haven't you hit any plateaus at all??

Today I am cleaning out a lot of the larger clothes and giving them away. Time to just let them gooooo....then tomorrow I will be in the 180ssss.... please.....

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-01-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 176.4/154.2/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm new to this with today being my 3rd day on IP. Hoping this gets easier as time goes by! I have to admit I've been lurking on you for the past week and a half. What a great group you all are!! Anyway, just wanted to hang my hat out there and introduce myself. I have a feeling I'm going to need and enjoy this forum =)
Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Jordanna- I totally think you should go on Xweighted! It is a wonderful program...when they did their first year of casting calls, I went and applied for it. I think you will do awesome! We can get it down here in TX on Direct TV, so be sure to let us know when it airs--so proud of you honey!

Congrats to all who had losses/NSV's this week--too many to name individually--YAY!

Huge day for me yesterday---Down 3 pounds and am finally in the 130's! Went shopping and bought 2 pair of shorts in (drum roll pls........) size 4! I got back to the car and there were actual tears rolling down my face. I was so happy with myself...here is the kicker:
My stupid brain is still set in what I like to call 'self defeating' mode: the next thing that went through my happy thoughts is, "Sure hope you don't gain all this back"...ugh!
as you know, I was moved into Phase 2 last week. Well, I am totally scared to move off from 3 to 2 IP packets that I actually only had one day where I didn't eat 3. I told my coach that I normally don't eat 2 meats/proteins a day anyway, and she said that I could sub in eggs. Well, I have found with this diet (that I love, love, love) that I am no longer wanting to eat as much, and if I eat my meat at lunch -say a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce --I am fine with just a salad for dinner and then a packet as a snack. So I did go to 2 packets, but only added extra veggies and not a meat. I told her that I am just too full...she didn't really have much to say except, well if that works for you, go ahead. Was kinda hoping for more encouragement and help in the brain area, ya know?

Thank God for this website!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #294  

Jordanna: I totally get why you don't want the world to know how much you weigh (or weighed at the beginning). I wouldn't want to do it for that reason alone. However, I think you are doing amazingly and would be such an inspiration to so many people. Tough call but we'll support you either way. Hopefully it's available on YouTube so we can all follow as well!

Talk about the ultimate incentive to keep the weight OFF though, everyone knows about your success and will be following your maintenance.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #295  

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
[B]

Huge day for me yesterday---Down 3 pounds and am finally in the 130's! Went shopping and bought 2 pair of shorts in (drum roll pls........) size 4! I got back to the car and there were actual tears rolling down my face. I was so happy with myself...here is the kicker:
My stupid brain is still set in what I like to call 'self defeating' mode: the next thing that went through my happy thoughts is, "Sure hope you don't gain all this back"...ugh!
as you know, I was moved into Phase 2 last week. Well, I am totally scared to move off from 3 to 2 IP packets that I actually only had one day where I didn't eat 3. I told my coach that I normally don't eat 2 meats/proteins a day anyway, and she said that I could sub in eggs. Well, I have found with this diet (that I love, love, love) that I am no longer wanting to eat as much, and if I eat my meat at lunch -say a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce --I am fine with just a salad for dinner and then a packet as a snack. So I did go to 2 packets, but only added extra veggies and not a meat. I told her that I am just too full...she didn't really have much to say except, well if that works for you, go ahead. Was kinda hoping for more encouragement and help in the brain area, ya know?

Size 4???? Holy cow, you're tiny! Congratulations!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #296  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
So I have some interesting news:

There is this show in Canada called XWeighted and it's about individuals and families who are trying to lose weight, they document their progress over the course of 4 months I think and it's kind of neat. Anyway they started this XWeighted National Challenge all across Canada, and you had to sign up on a certain day, pledge to lose a certain amount of weight and in the end you could win some prizes if you hit your goals.

Anyway I signed up in January not giving it much thought and I've been posting my weights every week etc. Well they just contacted me and want to do a feature on me because I'm doing so well.

I think I'd like to do it, but also I'm a bit hesitant...it's sort of embarrassing to admit nationally that I let myself get morbidly obese, despite what you all might think I'm actually painfully shy...

Just not sure if I should do it or not!
Jordanna, I understand your embarrassment and shame however, YOU have much more to be proud of than to be ashamed. Anyone you hold dear to you already knows what weight you started at and they have been following your success. I think the rest of the world will look at what you have accomplished and not give a second thought to where you started out in the beginning. I think you could really help others who struggle with their weight every day as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
I have completely fallen off the IP wagon. It's been over a week. I don't even want to go for my weigh in. I need to restock my IP cupboard so I have my favorites around to get me going again. Any encouragement would be helpful. I don't know why I got so off.
Don't let this get you down. March in to your coaches office holding your head high and admit you fell off the horse and need their help to get back on. Don't let this diet be all or nothing. You are strong and willing and need to keep working towards the goal you started. Hang in there!

Quote:
Wish me luck ladies!! I am going for WI #2 tmmrw. I don't feel like I had the big loss I did week one(11lbs) but we will see! Uggghh have a bunch of kids around this weekend, so temptation is mine to prepare all weekend. I will prevail!! Yes I will. Will post my after my wi tmmrw!! cheers and congrats to everyone!
Great Job on week 1. 11 lbs is terrific. Week 2 has been slower for most of us, don't let it discourage you. Good Luck with your weigh in and here is some to help you through the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
I would like to try it but I feel like my energy and overall well being is barely tolerating the plan right now with the vegetables and lettuce-- not sure how I would feel without them but I'm thinking it wouldn't be good. But I have been so stuck for so long now, without cheats, that I need some kind of change...
Chaplainswifey - you have lost over 70 lbs in 4 months?? I had lost 28 in 7 weeks and now 32 in 11 weeks. I will be lucky to make 35 lbs in 3 months. Haven't you hit any plateaus at all??

Today I am cleaning out a lot of the larger clothes and giving them away. Time to just let them gooooo....then tomorrow I will be in the 180ssss.... please.....
Hi Tricia Have you seen the post where CW says she walks 3 miles a day? I bet that is the secret to her losing so well. Are you doing some light aerobic exercise? I have increased my exercise routine and have been doing better with my losses I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatBeef View Post
I'm new to this with today being my 3rd day on IP. Hoping this gets easier as time goes by! I have to admit I've been lurking on you for the past week and a half. What a great group you all are!! Anyway, just wanted to hang my hat out there and introduce myself. I have a feeling I'm going to need and enjoy this forum =)
Welcome to the forum. It does get easier as time goes by. Hang in there!

Quote:

Great Job Libbyshims. You have done terrific.
Be careful skipping that second whole protein. Your muscles need a certain amount of protein. Maybe on your salad for dinner, use a can of tuna or chicken, even some boiled eggs. Are you tracking your food on fitday? There was a calculation put on here a while back that explained what your protein requirements are for the day. Hmm, it might be in Dr. Tran's book too. If I come across it I will post it again.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #297  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
You'll love it here. Very wise, beautiful and insightful people come here! (and the rest of us are okay too)!

Quote:
-
Huge day for me yesterday---Down 3 pounds and am finally in the 130's! Went shopping and bought 2 pair of shorts in (drum roll pls........) size 4!

WOW size 4!!!!! Who'd a thunk it??? LOL I don't think I've ever had a size 4 (without a 1 in front of it) on my behind! WTG and yes, you WILL keep it off.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #298  
Lemiesse

S/C/G: 169/163/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Welcome to the group - I have only been on here for a few days and started the IP diet about a week and a half ago, what a bunch of fantastic inspirational women on here, love it! It does get easier, the first 3 or 4 days are the hardest but stick with it and it will pass. You will feel less hungry and your cravings will dissipate. I have NEVER been so in control of my food and my will power is amazing - I really haven't ever had control over either! You will do just great - here's to a journey!

Quote:
Whoa, 11 lbs in one week?! What an amazing result!I have found that I have seriously slowed after my first week and in the past 3 days have only lost about a pound but i'm sure that I will get past this "hump". Good luck with your weigh in, a loss is a loss, and for me something I could not attain with many other diets....You can get past temptation, you did week one, which was probably the hardest time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Here's hoping with you!

Quote:

Congratulations on your success... you have obviously made your dream come true! What an amazing feeling it must be to get into size 4's, I can only imagine but don't thinkk i'll ever be that small - my backside is just not made that way I think that I will have the same issue and I guess even now, I am terrified of gaining that weight back. Hopefully this diet will instill some life long habits (and fear) to maintain the weight loss. It sounds like you are already there.At the end of it, we are taught which foods make us gain and the wonderful thing about IP is that if you feel like you have had a bad day, you could always do phase 1 for a day to make up for it. That's my thinking anyway. Stay strong and you'll do fine.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #299  
Lemiesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
NO Rocket Fuiel for you, sweetheart! You just stay on plan right now. You're doing great. Boot camp is when you're following phase 1, with NO restricted items from any restricted areas (IP or Veggies).

I will be in week 8 by the time I do it. Also, I listed the nutrutional facts for a day of it on page 7, but nobody said anything. It has quite high numbers (higher than I'm having most days right now - I use fitday.com like many of you - so I'm really not sure how effective will even be!) Please, unless you're in week 8 or higher and your very familiar with IP program, don't try it, I feel very bad if someone got sick.
No, don't worry Kelsey, I understand that I cannot do the Rocket Fuel Diet yet but and have a little ways to go before I can but I am glad that you shared it so that if I do hit that stage, I know what I can do as something to kick start the weight loss again! Looking at the facts that you posted, it seems that you load up and then go back to the regular diet to burn it. This works in theory with other diets and would probably work even better on IP.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #300  
Lemiesse

So, my weight loss is REALLY slow this week (week 2) and lost just ONE pound over the last three days but I know that i'm getting smaller... had an awesome morning when I pulled my once tight (hung dry) jeans out of the dryer and they were loose - so happy! I am trying so hard to not get dismayed with losing a little and my saving thoughts are that before this I wasn't losing anything. I am so happy that I discovered IP. I cannot wait to be small again!

I'm off to the Farmer's market this morning to load up on some veggies... here's hoping I can stay away from my little girl's kettle corn - a huge downfall for me
Closed Thread