Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations PitaKitten...way to go!!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Well down 2 more lbs today, my mini goal for 199 on May 12 is getting closer although don't think i can do it in the next 2 weeks, but this program is so amazing i still can't believe i have lost 15 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks, yaaahoooo!!!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 04-30-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #258  
Lemiesse

S/C/G: 169/163/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Journeysend - I think that I am just a little too impatient but am really glad that you posted your experience, it was getting me a little down. Sounds like you're doing great!

Pitakitten, isn't it exciting? 9 pounds is alot of weight tolose in just a few days... keep it coming!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #259  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

oh wow I would LOVE to do that!!! does it speed things up? man it would be SOOOO much easier for me cause my issue is the veggies LOL
Can you tell me if they said that would make you lose faster?[/QUOTE]

He said that in his 15 weeks, he's done it twice and he really lost. It's reserved for people who are following the plan exactly (as I do, except I do not get in all 4 cups of veggies and I haven't been making the 1/2 tsp of salt) but the scale is moving kind of slow (not 3-4 lbs per week). So, yes, it's suppose to make you lose quickly and give you a "jump start" if you will. I guess we'll see how it goes when I get back. I'm going to do it starting either Sunday or Monday (we'll see how I feel when I get back on Mother's Day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicyn View Post
Breaking the 200 mark is huge! Congrats! You have me motivated to stay on track. That is a large goal for me! Enjoy the cruise. I have always lost weight on cruises. Although the food is in mass, there are more healthy options that I tend to have around my house on a daily basis.
Thanks, I'm so excited, and I really can't wait to see what happens.

[QUOTE=BevS;3270918]
Welcome to Onederland!!!! I have never heard of Rocket Fuel week. But I am leery of it because it just doesn't sound healthy. Even their Commando Boot Camp/Plateau Buster protocol has you eat the veggies every day. Are they increasing your supplements? Is this approved by Ideal Protein officially?

Bevs, I'm sure it is because he's so "official" about every thing. No mention of more supplements, just adding the 2 additional packets. Still only 1 restricted per day though (which is more than I do now). So we'll see how it goes. Of course I will keep you all up to date upon my return from the cruise and my "rocket fuel" week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Well down 2 more lbs today, my mini goal for 199 on May 12 is getting closer although don't think i can do it in the next 2 weeks, but this program is so amazing i still can't believe i have lost 15 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks, yaaahoooo!!!!!
Good luck on that!!! It's very exciting! That was my first mini goal too - and I made it today!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Chaplains wifey- we need to know your secret. The weight seems to be just dropping off of you. Do you work out? Can't wait to hear what your guy says.
Kelsey-- Yeah!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to you on the onederland place that is onederful. Oh I am praying that we never go back... I will be anxious to hear about rocket week. I would think it would be hard to do and tough on your kidneys or liver or whatever is stressed by high protein.
HockeyMom23- good for you on the planning. I have found when I have celery and salt with me or some plan when I am traveling plus the IP food, it works out much better than just winging it.
My husband is starting to develop IP habits though he is totally resisting going on the diet. He loves veggies-- and is starting to use my sea salt and the spray "I can't believe it's not butter" I use. I'm not drinking at all so he is cutting back too. I don't think he realizes that healthy habits are just infiltrating his lifestyle.
No secreat ... I do walk at leat 3 miles a day and Im very good about watching that I stay under 30 carbs a day . I think I just had so much to loose that its coming off . I don't know but I feel great .Stick with it and it will continue to work !
Old 04-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #261  
NEW IP Dieter

S/C/G: 221/176.5/165

Height: 5 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
oh wow I would LOVE to do that!!! does it speed things up? man it would be SOOOO much easier for me cause my issue is the veggies LOL
Can you tell me if they said that would make you lose faster?
He said that in his 15 weeks, he's done it twice and he really lost. It's reserved for people who are following the plan exactly (as I do, except I do not get in all 4 cups of veggies and I haven't been making the 1/2 tsp of salt) but the scale is moving kind of slow (not 3-4 lbs per week). So, yes, it's suppose to make you lose quickly and give you a "jump start" if you will. I guess we'll see how it goes when I get back. I'm going to do it starting either Sunday or Monday (we'll see how I feel when I get back on Mother's Day).

Thanks, I'm so excited, and I really can't wait to see what happens.

Hey Kelsey I am interested in the "Rocket Fuel" thing - can you use any IP Restricted Foods as one of your packets? It would really make life simplier to just use IP foods and nothing else

We are almost the same in starting weight, height, and weight loss. My end goal is higher though - I carry weight like a line backer. At 195 I am in a 14 - at 160 I should be in a 10. Any smaller than that I look funny Three years ago I was at 150 and people thought I was sick
Old 04-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Vanillia already made shakes: someone had posted yesterday I think about not being able to get vanilla and/or chocolate already made drinks. wanted to say that my place (seattle) has no problems and I was able to get whatever I wanted today. Also would FDA have supervision over the manufacturing plant since it is located in Canada and U.S??
Old 04-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #263  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Kelsey I am interested in the "Rocket Fuel" thing - can you use any IP Restricted Foods as one of your packets? It would really make life simplier to just use IP foods and nothing else

We are almost the same in starting weight, height, and weight loss. My end goal is higher though - I carry weight like a line backer. At 195 I am in a 14 - at 160 I should be in a 10. Any smaller than that I look funny Three years ago I was at 150 and people thought I was sick [/QUOTE]

You can have one restricted item per day.

Our stats are so close! When did you start? I'm wearing a few 14s, but I still have 16s (and some 18s) as well. However, I have a feeling that when I get to a size 10 I will be happy, but I really have no idea right now what weight that will be. I'm willing to adjust as needed. But I remember 135, and it felt really nice.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #264  
NEW IP Dieter

S/C/G: 221/176.5/165

Height: 5 4 1/2"

Quote:

We are almost the same in starting weight, height, and weight loss. My end goal is higher though - I carry weight like a line backer. At 195 I am in a 14 - at 160 I should be in a 10. Any smaller than that I look funny Three years ago I was at 150 and people thought I was sick
You can have one restricted item per day.

Our stats are so close! When did you start? I'm wearing a few 14s, but I still have 16s (and some 18s) as well. However, I have a feeling that when I get to a size 10 I will be happy, but I really have no idea right now what weight that will be. I'm willing to adjust as needed. But I remember 135, and it felt really nice.[/QUOTE]

Kelsey
I started March 1st - my 16's are falling off me - I look like I am wearing clown pants

I really think that each person carries weight differently and someone at 150 and 5'4" could look good great while others can look overweight, or even too skinny. I will also see where it takes me - anything is better than what I was

When did you start? I am SO going to do the Rocket Fuel thing next week.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,
Sounds like almost everyone is happy with their progress this week. Yay! I have missed the last two days, major snow storm and no power for the last 30 plus hours. I had to use an IP shake at supper last night to get by, instead of my protein. Hopefully this doesn't change anything. Looks like the kids and I will be snowed in for awhile (nice 6 ft. drift in front of my garage doors) but the power is on!!!!!
I have been thinking about the comment someone made regarding my post of changing behaviors by addressing our emotional needs towards food. The comment was how do we change those behaviors? I believe to change our (or my) destructive behavior with food, was to just decide to do it. Kinda like a bad Nike commercial, JUST DO IT. Thats how I quit smoking 7 years ago, and why I've made a commitment to the IP program. For me, it is (was) a conscious decision.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:17 PM   #266  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

hateusernames.....I'm really sorry I complained about our inch of snow this morning.

I am looking out the window and it is snowing pretty hard, but it has warmed up so it is not sticking on the ground.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #267  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Love IP down 3.5 lbs this week.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Thank you to everyone for the encouraging words and positive comments about my pictures I count myself blessed to share this experience with such wonderful people who understand what I am going through!

Quote:
IS everybody ready???? I made it! I'm in WONEDERLAND and it is Wonderful! I was a bit let down because i only lost 2 lbs! But hey I've watched the numbers which when I started in March read 22#.#, then 21#.#, 20#.# but not today ... TODAY they read 198.8, so I'm thrilled. It's great motivation to BEHAVE on the cruise. I don't want to come home and feel like I let myself down.
Congratulations!!! You look beautiful and I bet you feel it too! Have a fabulous time on your cruise - you won't let yourself down whether you follow IP protocol or not. Look how far you've come! The diet will still be here when you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMoody View Post
Had my WI last night. Down another 3.5 lbs! That's 7 for my first 2 weeks! I have also lost 2 inches in the waist and 4 in the hips!!

I am also very excited about being able to work out now. I went to an aqua aerobics class last night. It was very fun. I am going to another class tomorrow.

I an getting a lot of inspiration from the group. Thanks.
Congrats on the loss! It is so wonderful to have the pounds come off but it feels even better to have the inches come off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
well at 173.2 lbs today...good grief I've slowed down LOL
Don't worry! You'll speed up again! Just remember that this diet spoils us into thinking that 3+lb losses each week is normal! You are going to look so fabulous for your wedding! Only 5 weeks to go until wedded bliss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
alright...had my first weigh in...drum roll please......................

down 9 pounds in 10 days! she couldn't believe it either. lots of inches but I didn't write them down or request a copy as I would have been measuring myself not accuratley at that constantly.

its working!!!!!!!

weekend after this I am going shopping!
Congrats!! Shopping for a skinnier you feels so good!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Just wanted to pop in quickly as I just spoke with my chiropractor. He had mentioned that for ladies over 25 yrs, we should probably add Vit. D to our supplements. The mulitvit that IP has only provides 80 iu per tablet. His opinion was that for those over 25, about 1000iu is right. That is what is in an average Vit D pill. He also said that it helped to absorb the calcium in our bodies as well, like the CalMag we take.
Not sure if all will agree, but thought I should put it out there
Old 04-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #270  

ARGH! Hubby went grocery shopping and brought home 2 bags of chips. Yes, he's on a diet too (weight watchers), but the temptation is killing me!! My first weigh-in is tomorrow morning, and I would feel incredibly guilty blowing this diet this early in the game. HELP!!
Closed Thread