Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #151  

Height: 5'4"

Wow...I had no idea about the issues with the pill...thanks for sharing!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #152  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
o.k, wish she had tole me this to begin with, I had no idea. Apprently, fat stores estrogen and well when we are burining fat it tends to release the estrogen hence everything gets out of wack.

I guess I know I am burining fat now but I had no idea and it actually happened right before I had to give a presentation at work so I was not a very happy camper.
yes, which is why I need to be on IP for now,,, Estrogen dominance made me gain 40+ lbs! Needless to say I HATE Estrogen LOL

Glad I am peeing it all out now hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosie1 View Post
Wow...I had no idea about the issues with the pill...thanks for sharing!
GET THE WORD OUT... it is important to know these things... not top of mind to a coach if he's a guy hahahaha
Old 04-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #153  

Height: 5.8

Great WI Carla! woohoo!

Jordanna I am \sooo sorry to hear about your cat. I can't even imagine.

Elizabeth thanks for the info! I am off the pill now that I have been diagnosed with PCOS and since we are planning to start trying right after the wedding it is good to know not to take chances until we are ready. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Got measured today and Im down another 10 inches. That makes 41 inches in 8 weeks and 47 pounds. YAY! Im so happy when I look in the mirror now and my patients are so excited when they come in and see me. My endocrinologist was shocked at how well Im doing with this diet considering how hard it is with PCOS to lose weight and she told me to keep it up until Aug and then they are going to transition me onto the LOW GI/diabetic diet as Im severly insulin resistant (my current insulin reading was 302...very high). Imagine it only took them 33 years to figure out what the heck was wrong with me...sigh..

Have a fabulous evening everyone. The sun is still shining here so Im off with my dog for a run along the Rideau Canal.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #154  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on all the weigh ins and NSV's. I love reading all the information you guys post here. Depending on the stress level, I am an eater, but sometimes a non-eater. Either way, it is not good. But then, sometimes I'm just an eater and stress has nothing to do with it!!! The schedule I have this week keeps me from snacking. I am starved when I get home, though.
But, one thing that helps is having to spend so much time reading this blog!!!! Thanks.....
I have another friend starting IP on Monday. She is excited. That makes 4 of us that are pretty close friends. I like it cause we can compare notes and share stories kinda like a live 3(I mean 4) fat chicks site.......
Old 04-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
o.k, wish she had tole me this to begin with, I had no idea. Apprently, fat stores estrogen and well when we are burining fat it tends to release the estrogen hence everything gets out of wack.

I guess I know I am burining fat now but I had no idea and it actually happened right before I had to give a presentation at work so I was not a very happy camper.
Fat doesn't store estrogen - fat actually makes estrogen! which is one reason why we're seeing so many young girls developing earlier and earlier...

-Teresa
Old 04-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #156  

[QUOTE=Mom22;3268068]
I mentioned the liquid eggs to my coach and she didn't seem to have a problem - to be honest i wasn't really asking for approval by then as i'd spent a ton of money there and figured i'd been supporting them faithfully for quite a while - also, there is 100% markup on the IP products so... No change in weight loss and I still went in every week for my weigh ins. i didn't expect any weight loss difference because i had done my homework and matched the nutritional profile to IP products.

Mom 22, I so appreciate your input here. Yes, I am fully aware from a friend that the IP markup is 100%.She found it so frustrating that her coach almost worshiped IP but cut her down if she had no weight loss--even though inches were lost. He was very accusatory. I'm also surprised how many of you are using chicken broth, DaVinci SF flavorings, extracts and not being admonished by the coach b/c my friend finally had to just walk away from his tyranny. We are actually working together on finding less expensive alternatives and they are definitely out there. She continues to lose inches Dr. Tran Tien Chan's way. It never cost me $4 per meal to eat before. I'm pretty simple and a bargain shopper. From now on, I'm referring to Dr. Tran Tien Chan as my coach and all of you, too. I'm printing out his book and it's true, he talks about a "portion of protein", not the IP itself. He purports a specific amount of protein, fat, electrolytes, carbs in each phase. Hey, he should know, right??? Anyway, Mom 22, thanks a million b/c I am watching my friend shrink and she is so much happier now that she is no longer under the accusatory / scolding tone of a coach who really didn't coach but just pushed product. We're both going to adhere to Dr. TTC b/c he is the real expert on all this.

Last edited by chimpchamp; 04-28-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #157  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Official weigh in at the clinic was down 3 lbs and now at 177. Its always 2 lbs more than my morning weigh in at home. I'll take it though

Talked to my mom today and she said my sister (who won't say anything about my weight loss) was telling her that she is worried about me. She said "I don't think Carla is eating" OH BROTHER!! Do I look like the kind of girl who would starve herself. My DH said she is just jealous but I'm a little peaved at her. She said "the minute she starts eating again she'll gain it all back" Now I really can't wait to prove her wrong.

By the way, she has a weight problem too and just recently lost weight, I think I am just breathing down her neck a little and she doesn't like it. I guess I will have to let her know what I'm doing, so she can quit talking about it to everyone but me!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #158  

BevS
You wroteo tell you the truth, if you had posted on the alternative thread, I would not have read it. I don't have time to keep up with more than one thread, and it would be inconvenient to do so. I feel like I'm still doing the IP protocol even with my substitutions, and I have welcomed advice on this forum from those using substitutions.

By the way, Lindora is having a 25% off sale on everything today through this Friday.

I'm so glad you're okay about me posting on this thread about alternative products. I'm really clueless how to navigate around and I can see from the "alternative" thread that not many people have the time to visit it. Thank you for being cool about it. I do think someone made a good point (was it you, Mom22?) about how weddings and everything else are discussed so why not discuss alternative products here, right?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #159  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Chimp....I was on IP about 3 weeks before I started using some other products. (I found this site) Honestly, I have never said a word to my coach. I paid $100 up front for the consultation, so don't really think I "owe" her anything. I purchase most of my WF products from her(they are cheaper). I normally buy a box of chicken soup cause I like it. I do use Lindora soups, too. I have purchased alternate supplements, too. I get my premade vanilla drinks from New Life Style.
Thank God I have had my tubes tied!!!! I'm way too old for babies......
Old 04-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #160  

Hey everyone - been out of the game for a few days with my laptop being down - hard drive died on it. With a 1 year old it's near on impossible to get down to my desktop in my office!

Congratulations to everyone with their losses and nsv's!! Everyone is doing an amazing job and the support on these boards is phenomenal. I'd rather pay you guys than my coach lol.

Thanks for all the kind comments about my kitty - she's very missed. The other pets have been wondering where she is, which is just as hard to watch.

There is some great posts on the boards right now, I'm looking forward to catching up. My laptop is being sent away as it's under warrenty so it will be some time before I get it back, I'll try to make it down to the office when possible!!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
it is normal on IP... FYI, anyone on IP...WARNING!!! Unless you want IP babies use condoms... I was told by my coach that since it is regulating everything in your system it DOES mess with hormones...

This is why I HAD TO get on the pill just for now because it did throw me off (made me a week early) which would mean I would get my period ON my wedding day SOOOOOOO... pills it is till after the wedding.
DK could you elaborate a little on the birth control issue while on IP? I currently have the Implanon implant in my arm and my coach knew this from my questionaire. I'm worried if there's a problem I need to speak to my Dr.

On the other hand, I have actually felt less cranky and more in control of my emotions since starting this. I normally have a short fuse but lately it seems like I've been on cloud nine.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 04-28-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #162  

Carla-love the "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" quote. I used to have that taped to my fridge but my husband kept picking on me about it and thought I was "obsessing" too much, glad to see it around again!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #163  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
Carla-love the "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" quote. I used to have that taped to my fridge but my husband kept picking on me about it and thought I was "obsessing" too much, glad to see it around again!
I love it too I literally say it outloud to myself sometimes. I also saw a new one that cracked me up....

DON'T WAIL AT THE SCALE, IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!!

LOVE IT <3
Old 04-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresad View Post
Fat doesn't store estrogen - fat actually makes estrogen! which is one reason why we're seeing so many young girls developing earlier and earlier...

-Teresa
thank you for clarifying. I was quoting the coach but obviously she doesn't know much as she had never seen spotting happen to anyone else before.

Last edited by pitakitten; 04-28-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #165  
Nichole

Quote:
awesome!! i weigh in tomorrow for the 1st official weight loss WI. i actually work at an insurance agency and my boss is a consultant. she is great and an amazing coach. he name is geri blancken and our number at the office is 246-2122. you will not be disappointed in choosing ideal. my office is right next to hers and i hear clients come in about 6 times daily losing anywhere from 3-8 lbs a week. she gives great tips and advice, feel free to give us a call tomorrow to set up an appointment
Quote:
WOO-HOO!!! 1st weigh in this morning and I have lost 6.7 lbs and 7 Inches!! Chest 43-42(-1) Waist 35-33(-2) Hips 43.5-43(-.5) Arm(14.5-13.5) thigh 25.5-23(-2.5!!!)

I'm over the moon! Yippee!
Congratulations on your loss, that's awesome! I will give your office a call tomorrow. It would be a lot more convenient to get to than my dr's office, if the price isn't higher.
Closed Thread