Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 252/215/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I had avery sad thing happen last night, we have two indoor cats and one of them escaped without us realizing it. We got a call from our neighbour telling us that Zoe was under his patio and looked really sick.

We ran outside and got her, and she wasn't moving and she was taking these short laboured breaths, we couldn't see anything physically wrong with her but we think she either got poisoned from getting in to something or maybe run over.

My husband rushed her to the emergancy vet, but being that it's an hour and a bits drive from where we live and she died about 10 minutes before he got to the vet.

I know it's not diet releated but it's on my mind.

Awww Jordanna, I am so sorry to hear about Zoe.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 240/215/160

Height: 5-9"

Congrats to everyone. Seems like everyone is doing pretty well.

Down another 2.2!! Yeah. Not that big of a number, but I like it!! That puts me down 25 even. I can really tell with the clothes now. Going to the smaller sizes! I am sooo excited to be even closer to onderland.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 303.5/239/200

Height: 5'6"

hello to everyone - I've missed out on a lot of posts, finally got through them all and now I feel better. I've been telling everyone about this site. So glad I got all caught up - so thrilled for the support that these boards offer everyone - your a great and powerful support group. I'm hoping some of you can help me sort through some questions I have regarding all the differing information I've read/been told.

Week one was very difficult for me but am happy I made it through without straying from the program-my first weigh in and I'm down 9 pounds which is thrilling but i'm afraid to get too excited because I'm not sure if I'm doing this the IP way - I hope some of you may have the answers to my concerns (is there a 'newbie' section somewhere I may have missed-sorry if you've answered these before)

First off, I was told I must have 5 packets per day (currently only been using 4 unless really need 5th) one of which is supposed to be a restricted item every day - is this wrong? How do I know I'm in ketosis? Am I supposed to by strips? I was also told I'm allowed spelda - is there a limit to how much per day (I use it in my coffee and tea). I'm still very lightheaded after a week - glad my energy is back, but lightheaded nonetheless. Taking all my supplements & salt and drinking a ton of water with fresh lemon also, so just wondering if this will go away. I'd give up my 1R perday for their eggs, but they're back ordered and was told I can't order any more till further notice (very sad). I was told 3 cups of veggies per day maximum and 7 oz protein or more for dinner and what about browning garlic, is that also a no-no?

I know alot of questions but I'm concerned I didn't get all the right info up front. My coach (love her) is new to the whole IP program (started 4 weeks ago) and am not sure if she really knows all the answers yet - she just started with a group of 8 clients. She's having problems getting her foods from them so I'm a little worried about having what I need each week from her as well.

Thank you all - I love the posts - you all give me such strength. Even if I'm not posting I'm reading, I'm going to try to get on more often as well - so hard - wish I could get this on my blackberry so I could stay up to day while waiting from kids in car line!

Great day to all, I'm going to try to stay on for a bit.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Thanks for checking in! And congratulations on your great success. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a few questions.

As I'm getting closer to the next phase, I am conflicted about what my target weight should be. I already lowered it 10 pounds to put myself more solidly into a healthy BMI range, yet I'm starting to wonder if that's enough. At some point I need to declare my 90% and move on, but I think I'm afraid I'll stop losing when I move to the next phases, and not reach my goal - whatever it may end up being.

You obviously overshot... did you continue to lose weight in phase 2 and phase 3? At what point did you move to phase 2? I know people say 80-90% of target... what was the process like for you?

I'd appreciate any information you'd be willing to share.
To give an answer to everyone asking about switching phases. I originally set my goal at 125, then moved it to 120, when I hit 123, I realized all my clothes that I wanted to wear fit, I felt good, looked good, etc, switched to phase 2 for 1 week to see if I would lose anything else, then phase 3 for two weeks as required, now maintenance. My thought process is that I lost the weight very quickly and switched to phase 2 when I was happy and thought I would only need to lose another 1-2 pounds, even though it was above my goal weight. I started at 126 to give you an idea of percentages.

with regards to math and percentages, I switched to phase 2 at 80% to goal, but I wasn't trying to lose much more. My personal opinion, switch to phase 2 when you are 80-90% of goal, and feel like you only want to be on IP for another 1-3 weeks before switching to phase 3. I am technically still 1 pound away from my goal weight, but don't feel I really need to lose that final pound and don't think that final pound was important enough for me to wait to switch to phase 2 or 3.

Hope this helps anyone
Old 04-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #35  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

hey Elizabeth! 
I am so sorry you are so hungry! I have been there. Funny thing is it happens on days when I have “hyper” protein. Maybe this commando thing is pushing the protein to the limit?? The interesting thing about peanut butter is either it was the fat, the salt ( you might lose a lot with the excess peeing), or does your brand have ANY sugar? I am inclined to think it was the fat/protein combination. Since fats digest slowly it may have offset whatever was happening with your blood sugar while it allowed you to slow down and fall asleep. I know that peanut butter was recommended by the endocrinologist monitoring my nieces diabetes to help her sleep. He said the protein helped to offset the hyperinsulin/hypoglycemia swings she got at night. It is interesting that it did the trick for you.
So, regarding heart rate training, are you saying don’t train while on IP or stay in the 60 – 70% range??? Not sure I am getting this.
Well I don't know what is going on but yesterday was bad too! The peanut butter I had was Simply Jiff (the only one I like) which is low sodium and 33% less sugar...so per serving which is 2 Tbs it has6g carb, 2g dietary fiber and 2g sugar. (I just has one teaspoon)

I think also the issue is I am what you call a Fast Oxidizer so I NEED my fat lol

Today my Ketostix says I am between Moderate and Large

I saw WALK for cardio, or do things like Pilates or yoga, keep the HR at 60-70%

Quote:
I had avery sad thing happen last night, we have two indoor cats and one of them escaped without us realizing it. We got a call from our neighbour telling us that Zoe was under his patio and looked really sick.

We ran outside and got her, and she wasn't moving and she was taking these short laboured breaths, we couldn't see anything physically wrong with her but we think she either got poisoned from getting in to something or maybe run over.

My husband rushed her to the emergancy vet, but being that it's an hour and a bits drive from where we live and she died about 10 minutes before he got to the vet.

I am so sorry!!!!

I had to take one of ours to the vet yesterday too as she was complaining in pain...yet the vet found nothing wrong. Called us today and blood work and Urine results came back normal too... Not sure is she sprained her leg or something. It is devastating when we see them suffer and don't know what to do.

I pray you take comfort in knowing that your kitty had a wonderful life with you all and felt much love always. I am sorry for your loss though...can't even think about something like that...I'm hurting for you
Old 04-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #36  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

I ended up with a nasty flu bug and have been sick the last two days. I couldn't stomach my IP food and didn't get any of my veggies in and not near the water I wanted. I feel like I'm starting all over again today.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #37  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:

Jordanna,
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. We put our cat down a few months ago becuase he got very sick. I am very close to my animals since I don't have children they are my children. The pain we feel when we loose one is sometimes very intense. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #38  

jordanna, i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. pets really are part of the family and it's very difficult to handle those losses. hoping your day gets better and we're all thinking of you!

anyone have an idea what i should expect at my first weigh in? i weighed in at 192 last wednesday and i'm not sure if i should expect an awesome 6 or 7 lb loss like some of you gals have had or more like a 2-3 lb loss. i am very tall and have a lot of muscle but my baby gut(had 2 babies in the last 4 years), cellulite and my saddlebags went crazy and out of my comfor zone this past year.

anyone who started around my weight remember what their first week's loss was?

thanks y'all!(I'm from Texas and yes we say y'all a LOT)
Old 04-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Jordanna...really sad to hear about Zoe. It is always hard as our pets are so much a part of our families.....I'm sending a hug your way.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #40  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the nice comments chicks! It's going to be a long one so settle in - I love to share - that's what this site is about - I don't post often but I do read and catch up fairly regularily. I follow your stories, experiences, successes, weddings, birthdays, marital challenges, searches for protein options, vacations and weight struggles. Personally I love to hear about it all and wouldn't dream of suggesting that we only talk about IP on this forum. Those discussions are what make us real people who are dealing with real lives and all that entails.

I weighed 200 lbs when I started - and didn't even know what to set my goal weight at - would this diet work, could i stay on it, could i afford it - i pulled 160 out of the air - wowee if I could weigh 160 I'd be in heaven! As i got into the diet and realized i could do it - even if only 1 pound at a time - and as i got closer to 160, i changed my goal weight to a goal size. I wanted to go into a store and try on size 10 and have them fit. And at 160 I wasn't ready - still wanted to look better - who knew that my dream weight wasn't low enough - human nature to want more I guess. I dropped my goal weight to 150 and when i lost 45 lbs i reminded my counsellor that i was at 90% and I moved to Phase 2.

I got the naysayers, people who told me I'd gain it all back, those who told me i was getting too skinny (are you kidding!) and ones who couldn't deal with me changing (my sister is the worst - I think it's part of the roles we're supposed to play within families and I'm supposed to be the fat sister - she's supposed to be the thin one) - but you do get the nicest compliments which more than offsets those negative ones - and you get to buy new clothes (and shoes too).

I did Phase 2 for 2 weeks and continued to lose. Phase 2 isn't a lot different - instead of protein packet at lunch, eat protein. I was also ready to move on - I was having a hard time staying motivated and really just ready - this "funk" seemed more serious than before when I just struggled for a day or two - i needed to take a break but didn't want to gain. I moved to Phase 3 for a couple of weeks and loved it. Finally I could eat fruit, have a slice of bread... Continued to lose and moved to maintenance at 150.3. Wanted to hit 150 but whatever. As I said in an earlier post, I had a blowout weekend but did Phase 1 (not IP packets but the Dr. Tran Unbalanced diet protocal which IP was developed around) yesterday and watched what I ate - weighed 145 this morning - so it works.

I really watch labels and have changed my food buying - I have peanut butter but it's no salt/no sugar, i eat bread but it's 12 grain, pasta but the Smart Pasta that's whole grain, etc. Drinks - no beer - but vodka, sparkling perrier, splash of diet ginger ale and squirt of lemon. It's a lifestyle change really. Works for me - it will work for you chicks too.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Mom 22 Thank you..that was just what I needed to read today.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #42  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
thanks for the nice comments chicks! It's going to be a long one so settle in - I love to share - that's what this site is about - I don't post often but I do read and catch up fairly regularily. I follow your stories, experiences, successes, weddings, birthdays, marital challenges, searches for protein options, vacations and weight struggles. Personally I love to hear about it all and wouldn't dream of suggesting that we only talk about IP on this forum. Those discussions are what make us real people who are dealing with real lives and all that entails.

I weighed 200 lbs when I started - and didn't even know what to set my goal weight at - would this diet work, could i stay on it, could i afford it - i pulled 160 out of the air - wowee if I could weigh 160 I'd be in heaven! As i got into the diet and realized i could do it - even if only 1 pound at a time - and as i got closer to 160, i changed my goal weight to a goal size. I wanted to go into a store and try on size 10 and have them fit. And at 160 I wasn't ready - still wanted to look better - who knew that my dream weight wasn't low enough - human nature to want more I guess. I dropped my goal weight to 150 and when i lost 45 lbs i reminded my counsellor that i was at 90% and I moved to Phase 2.

I got the naysayers, people who told me I'd gain it all back, those who told me i was getting too skinny (are you kidding!) and ones who couldn't deal with me changing (my sister is the worst - I think it's part of the roles we're supposed to play within families and I'm supposed to be the fat sister - she's supposed to be the thin one) - but you do get the nicest compliments which more than offsets those negative ones - and you get to buy new clothes (and shoes too).

I did Phase 2 for 2 weeks and continued to lose. Phase 2 isn't a lot different - instead of protein packet at lunch, eat protein. I was also ready to move on - I was having a hard time staying motivated and really just ready - this "funk" seemed more serious than before when I just struggled for a day or two - i needed to take a break but didn't want to gain. I moved to Phase 3 for a couple of weeks and loved it. Finally I could eat fruit, have a slice of bread... Continued to lose and moved to maintenance at 150.3. Wanted to hit 150 but whatever. As I said in an earlier post, I had a blowout weekend but did Phase 1 (not IP packets but the Dr. Tran Unbalanced diet protocal which IP was developed around) yesterday and watched what I ate - weighed 145 this morning - so it works.

I really watch labels and have changed my food buying - I have peanut butter but it's no salt/no sugar, i eat bread but it's 12 grain, pasta but the Smart Pasta that's whole grain, etc. Drinks - no beer - but vodka, sparkling perrier, splash of diet ginger ale and squirt of lemon. It's a lifestyle change really. Works for me - it will work for you chicks too.
thank you for sharing!!!!

well I'm on week 7 now and getting frustrated... maybe I have not been strict enough, but I have tried my best without losing my mind (had a teaspoon of Peanut Butter the other night, so sue me!) when I get hungry enough that it hurts I just have to get something!

I love that everyone is having wonderful losses with IP, 5 and 6lbs a week... I sure as heck need a few weeks of that too!!!

I started the "no meats" thing yesterday and no change in the scale yet ...hmph > hehehe yes I am very impatient as I have a wedding to do! LOL

Maybe I wasn't heavy enough in the first place? although I've seen some of you who only wanted to lose 10 to 15 lbs get that results quick too... uh my body drives me nuts (can you tell I'm having one of those days? hahahaha)

Hope this week kicks it in the rear and gets things moving!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
I weighed 200 lbs when I started - and didn't even know what to set my goal weight at - would this diet work, could i stay on it, could i afford it - i pulled 160 out of the air - wowee if I could weigh 160 I'd be in heaven! As i got into the diet and realized i could do it - even if only 1 pound at a time - and as i got closer to 160, i changed my goal weight to a goal size. I wanted to go into a store and try on size 10 and have them fit. And at 160 I wasn't ready - still wanted to look better - who knew that my dream weight wasn't low enough - human nature to want more I guess.

you started at a simliar weight to me, what pants size are you at now? i wear a 10 now but would like to be at a 6(maybe even a 4 ONE DAY)

i know hiow you feel about wanting more. after my daughter was born i got down to about 165, was wearing an 8 and thought i was "fat". oh lord...the psychological issues surrounding weight loss are more of an issue to me than actually getting on a diet and sticking with it.

today is my daughter's 4th birthday and we'll be having her party on saturday, any tips on b-day party foods that i can eat but others won't gag at? no cake for me this year! thank goodness i ordered it instead of trying to bake without taste testing-i loooooooooooove white cake!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Good Morning everyone! I have been lurking for a couple weeks and asking a few questions here and there trying to find out as much as possible before starting IP. I have signed up with Ideal to Go and got all the "worksheets" from them but my "coach" hasn't been very helpful. You all have helped more! I have also decided to buy my packets from Lindora. At first I felt kind of bad for doing this but since my coach isn't much help I don't feel so bad for not buying from IP. So i've come to those of you who have ordered from Lindora for some advice as to which packets to purchase. I also know we are supposed to stay away from aspartame but I was never told why.
Congrats to all of you on your progress! It's truly inspirational and I don't think I would be starting on this adventure if it wasn't for all of your success stories!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I am also interested in information for going to phase 2. People are starting to notice my weight loss and I am getting things like, "you don't want to lose too much weight." and "you don't want to be too skinny, think of your age now". I totally get that and I am not out to be Twiggy(guess I'm showing my age here!!! LOL. But, when I say I am only half way or that I have 30 more lbs to lose, some people freak out. Part of it is that I am tall and people don't realize how much I really weighed or even how much I weigh now. That is one of the reasons I really didn't even want people to know I was on a diet. I am a smart person and I know what is good for me and I really don't need all that "advice". For my heighth, everything I have read says I should be in the 140 to 145 range (even the little guy on the Wii). My goal is 140 and I think that is realistic, but I won't know till I get in that range. Yes, in high school I weighed 115(Twiggy). That isn't going to happen and I don't want it to. The last time I lost weight I got to 135 and felt really good. That was almost 10 years ago. So, picking the ideal weight is a challenge and for the most part you don't need help from your friends.....just your coach and maybe this board.
Wyo - I think you need to not worry about "everyone", you are an amazing women and you know what's best for you. Take the comments and sort out the positive from the negative, Lord knows we need all the support and encouragement we can get. Take those negatives and shrug them off. You are gonna look and feel great when you get to YOUR goal.

Quote:

Jordanna- So sorry Those types of losses are very upsetting. Sending you all my love and comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaller View Post
Congrats to everyone. Seems like everyone is doing pretty well.

Down another 2.2!! Yeah. Not that big of a number, but I like it!! That puts me down 25 even. I can really tell with the clothes now. Going to the smaller sizes! I am sooo excited to be even closer to onderland.
mwaller- Sounds like you're doing great, you'll be there before you know it! I said goodbye to my size 20's last week, it felt great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
I ended up with a nasty flu bug and have been sick the last two days. I couldn't stomach my IP food and didn't get any of my veggies in and not near the water I wanted. I feel like I'm starting all over again today.
ibdadozer- Oh no! The flu sucks. Hang in there though, lots of us are cheering for you!

Love this thread, you guys are really inspirational, thanks!
Closed Thread