IP Chat - week of Apr 26 - May 2

You're on Page 9 of 27
Go to
  • Just came from weigh in. So struggling at the moment. Not cheating and not losing weight. Isn't that the worst?? I got the oatmeal to make the muffins for breakfast--BevS recipe I think?? I need to go find it in the archives. Hope I can before it's time for lunch...lol. Enough of the 3 boxes of vanilla drinks each day. Time to figure out how to get going again. It was all going smoothly!
    Want to hear the strange part?? I gained muscle and lost fat even though I didn't lose any weight (actually gained a couple of pounds but lost fat pounds. at least that is a little motivating!!)
    Brocola - I am right there with you on the no coping skills when it's binge time. I am always one cookie away from eating the entire box and more....hasn't happened yet on this diet, however but there have been some close calls. I just know that one cookie is the end......... And I have to agree with deinekatze about cleaning out the house. When my children were young, it was harder to do but now, I try to keep all the junk out. At Valentine's and Easter there was a lot of chocolate here I needed to resist-- but I try to give it all away to avoid the temptation. Of course for a serious binge, I have been known to make cookies from scratch....
    Mom22-- thanks for your insights about beyond the phases of this diet. It is important to me to not gain the weight back so it's encouraging to know you are having success with maintenance.
    Jordanna-- I am sad for you about your cat. I have a dog and so dread the day I have to deal with such a huge loss. Hope you are able to find some comfort knowing we are all thinking of you.
    By the way, where is that cake I sent you over a week ago???
    Happy Week everyone. As I learned today, don't give up and don't think good things aren't happening based on what the scale says....We are all winners for tackling our health with commitment and humor and tenacity. Right???
  • HopefulTricia, I'm so sorry you're struggling right now. Don't you think sometimes our bodies rebel against what we are doing and they say "Hey wait a minute lady, what do you think you're doing to me?" Here's hoping you find the "magic cure" to get things going again.

A friend of mine and I were talking yesterday about the IP diet. One thing I miss that I had at WW was group support, which I obviously get from you guys. But another thing that WW did that IP doesn't do - is work on your mental issues, too. The negative talk, the whole thinking about why you binge or slip and finding other ways to cope with the stress that causes you to do those things. I saw an ad yesterday in a magazine for a book called "Women, Food and God". I'm going to our local bookstore today to see if I can find it. Looks like good insight as to why we eat what we eat, why we self-sabatoge.
  • Quote: HopefulTricia, I'm so sorry you're struggling right now. Don't you think sometimes our bodies rebel against what we are doing and they say "Hey wait a minute lady, what do you think you're doing to me?" Here's hoping you find the "magic cure" to get things going again.

A friend of mine and I were talking yesterday about the IP diet. One thing I miss that I had at WW was group support, which I obviously get from you guys. But another thing that WW did that IP doesn't do - is work on your mental issues, too. The negative talk, the whole thinking about why you binge or slip and finding other ways to cope with the stress that causes you to do those things. I saw an ad yesterday in a magazine for a book called "Women, Food and God". I'm going to our local bookstore today to see if I can find it. Looks like good insight as to why we eat what we eat, why we self-sabatoge.
    I ordered that book from Amazon last night! I had heard about it from someone and found it by accident as I was ordering something else for my book club. When I first heard about it I couldn't find it on Amazon. Funny you should mention it too. We will have to compare notes as we read... our own on line book group!
    Thanks for the support. And I'm glad you enjoyed
    Victoria's Secret. Nothing is more fun than trying on smaller things that fit!
  • I'm looking forward to our book discussion! I enjoy getting another perspective on things I read, yet strangely enough I'm not in any book clubs. I love to read but I think belonging to a club would pressure me to read X number of things in a certain amount of time, and my reading is sporadic and most enjoyed when it's in my own time. Yes, I'm goofy - I can't help it! LOL
  • Quote: Just came from weigh in. So struggling at the moment. Not cheating and not losing weight. Isn't that the worst?? I got the oatmeal to make the muffins for breakfast--BevS recipe I think?? I need to go find it in the archives. Hope I can before it's time for lunch...lol.
    Sorry, Tricia, that wasn't one of my posts. I don't use the oatmeal so I didn't save the recipe.
  • Hopeful Tricia ,

I am sorry you are discouraged right now . But your still doing great even if you didnt loose anything . Gaining muscle and loosing fat is awesome . Next week it will all cach up and you willl loose lbs . I had a couple of weeks of loosing only 1 lb and one week of loosing nothing . Now Im back to 4 or 5 lbs a week . I think are bodies are just adjusting and as long as you feel good thats what matters .

I drink two premade shakes every day and have the jello at night and its been working for me . But find whats right for you . Keep your joy and keep your determination . You will be fine .
  • HopefulTricia...No need to get too discouraged, this was the week that you "sculpted" you new body with muscle, I am sure you are looking fabulous

Hockeymom...Yay for Victoria Secret goodies, good for you!

Like Brocola and Hopeful Tricia, I find that if it was in the house and def if it was open I would eat it. We have the sugar fairy here in our house, for the kids, Easter, Halloween etc. They always get a bit out the treats they received that day, and then at night, they put their candy/chocolate in a bag and put it out for the "sugar fairy", in the morning it is replaced with toy/game instead. They never miss the junk
    Sigh....I think I might need a sugar fairy too.
  • Quote: Just came from weigh in. So struggling at the moment. Not cheating and not losing weight. Isn't that the worst?? I got the oatmeal to make the muffins for breakfast--BevS recipe I think?? I need to go find it in the archives. Hope I can before it's time for lunch...lol. Enough of the 3 boxes of vanilla drinks each day. Time to figure out how to get going again. It was all going smoothly!
    Want to hear the strange part?? I gained muscle and lost fat even though I didn't lose any weight (actually gained a couple of pounds but lost fat pounds. at least that is a little motivating!!)
    Brocola - I am right there with you on the no coping skills when it's binge time. I am always one cookie away from eating the entire box and more....hasn't happened yet on this diet, however but there have been some close calls. I just know that one cookie is the end......... And I have to agree with deinekatze about cleaning out the house. When my children were young, it was harder to do but now, I try to keep all the junk out. At Valentine's and Easter there was a lot of chocolate here I needed to resist-- but I try to give it all away to avoid the temptation. Of course for a serious binge, I have been known to make cookies from scratch....
    Mom22-- thanks for your insights about beyond the phases of this diet. It is important to me to not gain the weight back so it's encouraging to know you are having success with maintenance.
    Jordanna-- I am sad for you about your cat. I have a dog and so dread the day I have to deal with such a huge loss. Hope you are able to find some comfort knowing we are all thinking of you.
    By the way, where is that cake I sent you over a week ago???
    Happy Week everyone. As I learned today, don't give up and don't think good things aren't happening based on what the scale says....We are all winners for tackling our health with commitment and humor and tenacity. Right???
    Quote: HopefulTricia, I'm so sorry you're struggling right now. Don't you think sometimes our bodies rebel against what we are doing and they say "Hey wait a minute lady, what do you think you're doing to me?" Here's hoping you find the "magic cure" to get things going again.

Hi Ladies- I am also interested in the emotional and psycological attachments I have to food. This has always been a huge concern for me. Hence, this is the first time I have ever been able to stick to a diet and actually loose weight. When I went to the open house held at the wellness center where they are selling the IP program locally, I asked the question of what or how they council for the emotional issues associated with self-sabatage etc. I was so worked up by the possiblilty of loosing the weight, I almost cryed asking he question! The answer they gave me was, NAET (sorry I can't remember what this stands for) a treatment used to help allergies as well as bring out emotional issues. I wish I knew more about it, you might want to research this method for coping with emotional issues as related to food addictions. The treatments have vastly helped me overcome my usual shortfalls. I occasionally have cravings which seem to manifest with boredom. However, I feel stronger and more in control of my urges than ever in my life. I am attributing this to the NAET and council that comes with it.

I believe no one chooses to be fat, we are fat for reasons other than just food. We may be fat to protect ourselves, to hide, to be unattractive to those who threaten us.....it goes on and on. I truely believe we must face those emotions in order to really win and discover who we are inside and out.
  • WOO-HOO!!! 1st weigh in this morning and I have lost 6.7 lbs and 7 Inches!! Chest 43-42(-1) Waist 35-33(-2) Hips 43.5-43(-.5) Arm(14.5-13.5) thigh 25.5-23(-2.5!!!)

I'm over the moon! Yippee!
  • MAMA!!!!! YES! That is incredible!!! WOO-HOOOOOOOO. So happy for you.
  • Quote: Sorry, Tricia, that wasn't one of my posts. I don't use the oatmeal so I didn't save the recipe.
    Oatmeal muffin recipe was from harlee girl.
    Thanks for it! I finally got to use the WF peanut butter
    and jelly I bought weeks ago...

Hateusernames I believe no one chooses to be fat, we are fat for reasons other than just food. We may be fat to protect ourselves, to hide, to be unattractive to those who threaten us.....it goes on and on. I truely believe we must face those emotions in order to really win and discover who we are inside and out
    I so agree with you on this. Problem is--once you recognize the behavior, how do you change it!!
    Chaplainswifey you are doing so great I may try your strategy. 2 drinks a day instead of 3 and have the jello at night. Sounds like a good plan. I didn't realize the oatmeal is a restricted until I had already eaten it...
    Calgarygirlie-thanks for your support. It's so helpful to have encouragement!
  • Quote: Want to hear the strange part?? I gained muscle and lost fat even though I didn't lose any weight (actually gained a couple of pounds but lost fat pounds. at least that is a little motivating!!)
    Hey Hopeful, here is the news break for you ready???? MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT!!!!!

So... that is why you remained at your weight. Do not get discouraged BECAUSE that muscle you gained is a fat burning machine!!!

People, I know we focus on that number on the scale and that was a HUGE battle with my clients too... Look at how your clothes fit more than anything because here is the thing... when I was a trainer I was a size 6 or less.... the time prior to that when I had ever been a 6 I was at 10 to 15 lbs lighter!

The scale helps us gauge our success but only so much...I think it can be a curse too. I have to be honest with you...last time I was successful at losing the weight (before becoming a trainer) was when I finally stopped weighing myself! HA, talk about psychological war fare!
  • Quote: WOO-HOO!!! 1st weigh in this morning and I have lost 6.7 lbs and 7 Inches!! Chest 43-42(-1) Waist 35-33(-2) Hips 43.5-43(-.5) Arm(14.5-13.5) thigh 25.5-23(-2.5!!!)

I'm over the moon! Yippee!
    super cool!! that is so great and gives me so much hope. *high five*.

looking forward to my weigh in now.
  • Quote: The scale helps us gauge our success but only so much...I think it can be a curse too. I have to be honest with you...last time I was successful at losing the weight (before becoming a trainer) was when I finally stopped weighing myself! HA, talk about psychological war fare!
    ...and even though our weightlosses are non-competitive, I am sad when I cannot report BIG numbers on my WI. Sooo happy for those who loose 4-5-6lbs per week and sad about my 3lbs. This IP road seems endless - would like to be done with IP by end of June (including 1 week phase 2 and 2 weeks phase 3) but still not sure if I will make it...
  • Quote: ...and even though our weightlosses are non-competitive, I am sad when I cannot report BIG numbers on my WI. Sooo happy for those who loose 4-5-6lbs per week and sad about my 3lbs. This IP road seems endless - would like to be done with IP by end of June (including 1 week phase 2 and 2 weeks phase 3) but still not sure if I will make it...
    HAHAHA feel better cause my weeks are 1lb or 2 TOPS LOL