Pork Rinds

• Can we have pork rinds on IP? I assume no, but they are ok on South Beach Diet and have no carbs. My coach told me she didn't think so, but wasn't for sure. I'm hoping to find a YES out there somewhere

Thanks in advance for responding!
  • Quote: Can we have pork rinds on IP? I assume no, but they are ok on South Beach Diet and have no carbs. My coach told me she didn't think so, but wasn't for sure. I'm hoping to find a YES out there somewhere

Thanks in advance for responding!
    I think an IP coach would say no--because they do not have carbs however the fat content is high.
  • Pork Rinds are too high in fat - as far as IP is concerned they are not on protocol. You are only allowed 0 Carb 0 Fat 0 Calorie extras when on program.

Pork Rinds wouldn't kick you out of ketosis but they will slow down your weight loss so I suppose it's a decision you need to make, but they do not fall under the low fat structure of IP
  • I wouldn't. Unless your body requires more fat, as is the case for some metabolic x/syndrome, insulin resistant or PCOS people, you will be upsetting the calorie intake of the program. ALSO, there are alot of chemicals in some pork rind products which interfer with some of the healing concepts of this program.

Any other low carb plan would say yes but that is because, any other low carb plan wants you to avoid LOW FAT eating.