Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
I had my WI today. I lost 0 lb., but lost an inch in my hips. I'll take inches any day!!!
That's how I feel! Loosing inches is so awesome, especially when you get to go down in sizes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
I am now a proud member of Onderland!!!

Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Had my Week 5 weigh in. I am down 4 lbs!!! I am so close to seeing the 170's and that was just a dream not so long ago! I love this diet. I feel like a new woman
Four pounds is fantastic...way to go!

I know I missed some, I think sam...WOO HOO to everyone! It's awesome to look on here in the evening and see how well everyone is doing. Even when we don't loose, we have victories in other areas, such as inches, saying no to somehing we shouldn't have, our clothes fitting better, or finally getting a compliment. This is so encouraging! Thanks everyone!!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #167  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Thank you to all the wonderful people on this forum for your kind words and congrats! The first place I want to share my news - good or bad - is with all of you!! So blessed to have found you all!

Big congrats to everyone on their losses and nsv this week!

And a big Woo Hoo to Sam and the joys of entering Onderland! Yayyyyy!! We did it!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #168  

Default CLIP FROM BOOK - ketosticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Just used the Ketostix for the 1st time. I guess that would be great if I knew which way is the way I need to be! I matched "Moderate" perfectly. So do I want to go lighter (towards trace) or darker (towards large)???
Kelsey, here is a snapshot out of "The Ketogenic Diet" book. I hope this helps explain the color on the ketosticks. My take from this is lighter is better but you can make your own opinion.

A popular idea is that the deeper the level of ketosis as measured by Ketostix (tm), the greater the weight/fat loss. However there is no data to support or refute this claim. While some popular diet authors have commented that urinary ketone excretion means that bodyfat is being excreted causing fat loss, this is only loosely true in that ketones are made from the breakdown of fat in the liver. The number of calories lost in the urine as ketones amounts to 100 calories per day at most. Anecdotally, higher levels of urinary ketones seem to be indicative of slower fat loss. Individuals who maintain trace ketosis seem to lose fat more efficiently although there is no research examining this phenomenon. A possible reason is this: high levels of ketones in the bloodstream raise insulin slightly and block the release of free fatty acids from fat cells. This seems to imply that higher levels of ketones will slow fat mobilization. The ideal situation would seem to be one where trace ketosis (as measured by Ketostix (tm)) is maintained, since this is the lowest level of ketosis which can be measured while still ensuring that one is truly in ketosis. This should be indicative of relatively lower blood ketone concentrations, meaning that bodyfat can be mobilized more efficiently.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #169  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Carla glad the scale was good to you this week!
BlueMermaid thanks for the info. And I thought I was doing so well with my darker sticks...

I have a cheating suggestion for all.
Cheat with IP. Last evening I ate 2 bars and a boxed drink for a total of 5 IPs for the day. Normally that cheat would have included cookies, chocolate and probably ice cream with a few chips thrown in. But with this cheat I had not gained any weight this morning. A true miracle!
I am not suggesting cheating... but when you are desperate AND you have been so so good for 2 months,
losing 3 days of momentum for some junk food just doesn't seem worth it. And they do say when you eat off plan it takes 3 days to get back into ketosis.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-15-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 159/131.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Carla glad the scale was good to you this week!
BlueMermaid thanks for the info. And I thought I was doing so well with my darker sticks...

I have a cheating suggestion for all.
Cheat with IP. Last evening I ate 2 bars and a boxed drink for a total of 5 IPs for the day. Normally that cheat would have included cookies, chocolate and probably ice cream with a few chips thrown in. But with this cheat I had not gained any weight this morning. A true miracle!
I am not suggesting cheating... but when you are desperate AND you have been so so good for 2 months,
losing 3 days of momentum for some junk food just doesn't seem worth it. And they do say when you eat off plan it takes 3 days to get back into ketosis.
I know I have been cheating, but it doesn't seem to throw me off of ketosis as I am consistently losing weight

I found these cocoa roast almonds. 6 total carbs for 1/4 a cup, and I only eat about 5-10 Almonds a day. I keeps me from reaching for a candy bar
Old 04-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Teresa, what a lovely picture for your avatar. Hang in there, once you get past the first few weeks it will be much easier.
Thanks for the compliment on my picture BlueMermaid... I'm there with my 4 yo...

I don't usually post a picture in message boards (too lazy I guess) - but I think that seeing a photo of the actual person helps me to connect with them more. Hoping others will be able to connect better with me - this board will really help me stay focused on my goals!

btw - gotta love the first few days on this diet with all the water loss - I've dropped 4 lbs in 3 days... but still hating the crazy cravings and detox tho... but seeing that number on the scale is sure a great motivator!

good morning to everyone!

-Teresa
Old 04-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

HopefulTricia - (it wouldn't let me quote you for some reason)

You go girl - your body has just been teasing with you... hee hee

I'm thinking we might be a bit spoiled by this diet... I feel the same way when I've lost only 3 lbs... but I have to remind myself how amazing 3lbs a week actually is... don't you think those on WW or JC diets would be jealous?? not to mention suspicious of our 5-6lbs weeks! I think that I'm kind of a diet snob now!

We are so lucky to have found this diet AND have the discipline to stick with it - All of US!

Love this diet!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #173  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

[QUOTE=BlueMermaid;3248983]Kelsey, here is a snapshot out of "The Ketogenic Diet" book. I hope this helps explain the color on the ketosticks. My take from this is lighter is better but you can make your own opinion.

Thank you so much Blue! I will keep this information in mind when I use them.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #174  

Has anyone eaten at a Japanese steakhouse? I'm thinking steak & Veggies on the hibatchi grill might be okay? Any opinions???
Old 04-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Oh my, I am so confused and bewildered!!! I went in for my weigh in yesterday and my IP coach, rep, or whatever else you want to call her---really acted strange. As soon as we got to the back and out of ear shot of anybody else--she said we needed to have a talk--that the IP people (corporate) had been in and they pulled my file and I must be cheating or working out too much because "anybody above 200 pounds should be losing 8 pounds a week" that is a direct quote. I do work out about four times a week and when I first started doing that the doctor in this office approved it. I did have two 2.5 pound weeks and I was cheating and eating some peanuts--but those two have been my lowest. Yesterday when I weighed I was down five pounds for the week---and I would have thought this was good. I read Dr. Trans book and I thought the average for a woman was 3 pounds a week. She acted like they were coming out with new guidelines or something. She also said that if anybody cheated they were suppose to kick them off the diet immediately. (I know you are not suppose to cheat, however, I have been on this since 1/18/2010 and I am only human).
I wear my feelings on my sleeve and I know that---I just do not understand--was she wanting me to quit? This five pounds marked the fifty pound mark in my losses and I really expected a different attitude. Maybe I'm not being reasonable, but it just seems every week this rep, has been rather insensitive in her comments and remarks and this just steped things up a notch.
Has anybody else out there been told that if you are over 200 you should have eight pound losses per week? I really think maybe I am going to tell her what I think and try to finish this on my own. I just don't know.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #176  

I posted this in a different area, but no response, so I'll reword it here. I'm confused about weighing protein. Do you weigh your 5oz of chicken/beef or 7oz fish raw or cooked?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #177  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Oh my, I am so confused and bewildered!!! I went in for my weigh in yesterday and my IP coach, rep, or whatever else you want to call her---really acted strange. As soon as we got to the back and out of ear shot of anybody else--she said we needed to have a talk--that the IP people (corporate) had been in and they pulled my file and I must be cheating or working out too much because "anybody above 200 pounds should be losing 8 pounds a week" that is a direct quote. I do work out about four times a week and when I first started doing that the doctor in this office approved it. I did have two 2.5 pound weeks and I was cheating and eating some peanuts--but those two have been my lowest. Yesterday when I weighed I was down five pounds for the week---and I would have thought this was good. I read Dr. Trans book and I thought the average for a woman was 3 pounds a week. She acted like they were coming out with new guidelines or something. She also said that if anybody cheated they were suppose to kick them off the diet immediately. (I know you are not suppose to cheat, however, I have been on this since 1/18/2010 and I am only human).
I wear my feelings on my sleeve and I know that---I just do not understand--was she wanting me to quit? This five pounds marked the fifty pound mark in my losses and I really expected a different attitude. Maybe I'm not being reasonable, but it just seems every week this rep, has been rather insensitive in her comments and remarks and this just steped things up a notch.
Has anybody else out there been told that if you are over 200 you should have eight pound losses per week? I really think maybe I am going to tell her what I think and try to finish this on my own. I just don't know.
wow, and she is a woman? I think a lot of what is going on is that the IP people want to have ONLY amazing success stories... think about it, it would help them sell so much more! But you are still losing! I think if you did it 100% then perhaps you could see the 8 lbs loss they suggest... but I also think it is very unrealistic of them to ASSUME that we are all built exactly the same... we are machines in a way but not that exact to one another...heck that would be easy!

They even know that men lose more than women (hello? Hormones?) we as women fluctuate every month differently... man I swear some people just hit a nerve with me!

You do what works for you and don't let them intimidate you... you are paying them just as much as the next person... if you want to cheat it is technically only costing YOU more... they are making a profit from it!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #178  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
I posted this in a different area, but no response, so I'll reword it here. I'm confused about weighing protein. Do you weigh your 5oz of chicken/beef or 7oz fish raw or cooked?
I was told Raw
Old 04-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #179  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post

All weights are to measured before cooking.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #180  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
I have not heard that. I am only losing 4.33 lbs average per week. I think that's perfect. I think I would report her, perhaps she's lying about the corporate thing? That's not what THEY advertise. They say 3-4 lbs per week for women on all of their signs!

By the way - WAY TO GO ON THE 50 LB MARK! THAT IS SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE!
Closed Thread