3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Thread April12-18 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/199155-ip-thread-april12-18-a.html)

BlueMermaid 04-13-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3246160)
It's funny how some days the boards are slow and other days there are TONS of posts :)

Has anyone made the IP jello the day before and eaten it the next day? I made it for snack last night and then didn't feel like jello so I was thinking of having it for lunch today and I'm wondering if it will be good :)

Hi Jordanna,

I always make 4 jello's at a time. My hubby and I both have it for our nighttime snack. It keeps just fine in the fridge for a few days.

Chaplains wifey 04-13-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deinekatze (Post 3246046)
usually you deduct the fiber from the carbs to get the net carbs

So are we suppose to have under 30 net carbs ?

Chaplains wifey 04-13-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

It's funny how some days the boards are slow and other days there are TONS of posts :)

Has anyone made the IP jello the day before and eaten it the next day? I made it for snack last night and then didn't feel like jello so I was thinking of having it for lunch today and I'm wondering if it will be good :)

I make two at once sometimes . Because I use the hansons diet gingerale to make them and if I open a can it makes two servings . It taste fine to me .

Teresad 04-13-2010 03:30 PM

Awesome guys! just on day two for me and getting the 'anxiousness' of withdrawals.... just need to get through the next couple of days to get these toxins and glycogen from my system...

-Teresa

Tuesday925 04-13-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3244848)
ok, well I'm going to be honest with y'all cause at this point I need all the support I can get. My husband left this week. We have only been married 6 mo and I guess he decided he couldn't handle the commitment of being married. I am distraught to say the least, I am totally in love with this man and my two boys have hit bottom with this news. They feel like their dad (they call him dad, he has been more of a dad than their bio dad) walked out on them and they are devastated. I am super stressed and my nerves are shot and on top of all of it am trying to stay on a diet! I am telling you all this to say, I need your prayers. For me and my two boys. And for my husband, that he comes to his senses and comes home. He leased an apt. and moved on Fri. This was out of the blue to say the least! Please pray for me

Fluffy-First Congrats on your 6lb. loss-awesome job!! Second-I am so sorry to hear about your husband and how distraught both you and the children are. I will be praying that you have the strength to cope with this situation.

deinekatze 04-13-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

I have, it's just as good ;-)

HopefulTricia 04-13-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LettucePray (Post 3246186)
i did it again...skipped that 3rd packet!arg. i meant to have it yesterday but have class after work till 10...then thought that was too late. *sigh* no movement on the scale in a good weigh (hahaha punny) since Saturday. Im just gonna keep going till the dang thing moves. it has to, theres nothing bad going in....
cmon scale, move for mama!

My doc said you won't lose weight if you aren't eating the protein. There are nights I have a vanilla box drink at 10 or 11 or even 11:30 as I am going to bed. We are so conditioned to think late night eating is bad-- but I have been told over and over again that you want your body burning fat as you sleep and the way to make it do it is to have your 3rd IP as the last thing you eat at night.
We are not all getting the same instructions but those are mine. Hope it helps.

beyourbestinidaho 04-13-2010 05:10 PM

ChelleFL--It really made me sad to read about your circumstances--I will keep you in my prayers. I got married in July of 1993 and within three months my husband was diagnosed with non-hogkins lymphomia, stage 4 and they gave him less than 6 months. The chemo doctor came along and just about killed him with the chemo--but they got the cancer. He has been in remission since 1994 and the doctors were sure that we would never have kids my son was born in 1997, and my daughter in 1998---so I believe in miracles and hope things work out well for you!!

Fluffymama---Congratulations on your 6 pound loss---I was looking at your weight ticker it looks like you are just a half a pound away from being half way to your goal (36 lost 37 to go) that is so cool. When I get half way it will be a party--IP food of course!!

Sassykimann---I am blown away 40 pounds in 6 weeks---you must be related to Chaplinswifey--who has had some outstanding losses in a short period of time. Congrats!!!

Newsiemom---I ordered Lindora hot choclate, Smokey BBQ Soy nuts and peanut delight bars and they were identical to what I had in IP. I then also splurged and tried some cheesecake and vanilla custard with toffee chips the custard was excellent. The calorie and carb counts did not seem any higher than the restricted IP items so I thought it was a nice change.

mwaller--Congratulation on the 3.8 pound loss---it is exciting when you say goodbye to one pant size and are able to move down instead of up!!!

Jordanna--You are my inspiration from the beginning I have tried to keep up with you---we started within one pound of each other and have pretty much stayed that way---but I don't know a 3.9 loss is setting the bar awfully high this week---I guess we'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

jordanna 04-13-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey (Post 3246332)
So are we suppose to have under 30 net carbs ?

I posted this the other day - because I had a question about net carbs so I asked my coach and she asked the Western Canadian regional director at her training and he said that we should stay under 20 g of NET carbs in order to ensure ketosis.

ChelleFL 04-13-2010 05:18 PM

HopefulTricia, BevS, Mysticalmamma, stacerp, yinyang, sassykimann, and anyone I may have missed, thank you all for your kind words and prayers.

Fluffymamma, I am so sorry. Is it possible that he can't deal with your incredible weight loss? Perhaps counseling would help. My heart goes out to you.

jordanna 04-13-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho (Post 3246500)
Jordanna--You are my inspiration from the beginning I have tried to keep up with you---we started within one pound of each other and have pretty much stayed that way---but I don't know a 3.9 loss is setting the bar awfully high this week---I guess we'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

Good luck to you - I'm sure you'll do great tomorrow! You've had some fantastic results and I'm sure that will continue!

ChelleFL 04-13-2010 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=beyourbestinidaho;3246500]ChelleFL--It really made me sad to read about your circumstances--I will keep you in my prayers. I got married in July of 1993 and within three months my husband was diagnosed with non-hogkins lymphomia, stage 4 and they gave him less than 6 months. The chemo doctor came along and just about killed him with the chemo--but they got the cancer. He has been in remission since 1994 and the doctors were sure that we would never have kids my son was born in 1997, and my daughter in 1998---so I believe in miracles and hope things work out well for you!!

Thank you for your prayers. What a wonderful story! You have given me renewed hope.

fluffymama 04-13-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopefulTricia (Post 3246492)
My doc said you won't lose weight if you aren't eating the protein. There are nights I have a vanilla box drink at 10 or 11 or even 11:30 as I am going to bed. We are so conditioned to think late night eating is bad-- but I have been told over and over again that you want your body burning fat as you sleep and the way to make it do it is to have your 3rd IP as the last thing you eat at night.
We are not all getting the same instructions but those are mine. Hope it helps.

mine said the same thing. I try to drink my last vanilla drink about an hr. before bed

fluffymama 04-13-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChelleFL (Post 3246514)
HopefulTricia, BevS, Mysticalmamma, stacerp, yinyang, sassykimann, and anyone I may have missed, thank you all for your kind words and prayers.

Fluffymamma, I am so sorry. Is it possible that he can't deal with your incredible weight loss? Perhaps counseling would help. My heart goes out to you.

the weird thing is, he has been incredibly supportive during my diet. This was very "all of a sudden". We had an appt. yesterday for counseling and we were sitting there waiting on the counselor and he said that he had to go to the bathroom. He got up and I haven't seen him since. So, yes, I believe counseling would help, but he chose not to stay for some reason.

deinekatze 04-13-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3246560)
the weird thing is, he has been incredibly supportive during my diet. This was very "all of a sudden". We had an appt. yesterday for counseling and we were sitting there waiting on the counselor and he said that he had to go to the bathroom. He got up and I haven't seen him since. So, yes, I believe counseling would help, but he chose not to stay for some reason.

Fluffy, I have a feeling there is something he is not telling you (duh!) ...it really seems sudden, and even the walking away from the counseling session...was he seeing anyone before you got married? Any "news" that could have made him do that? He didn't stay for the session as there is something he is not ready to reveal. I'm surprised he even went!

I think he still loves you but something out of the ordinary must have come up and put him between a rock and a hard place.

Hang in there!!!