Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #16  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

So funny that everyone is talking about communion. We also had it at church yesterday. I leaned over to my husband and said, "Oh, oh! This is carbs and fruit juice" I took it because its important to me The little wafer of bread tastes so horrible anyway that I knew it wouldn't make me crave more!!

It's getting harder and harder to hide the fact that I am doing this diet. I had my brother's birthday party last night and ate nothing but filled my water bottle 3x. I could see people's questioning looks. Tomorrow I have a lunch and dinner date!!!!! Oh what to do. I guess I will have to tell my lunch date that I can only have salad and explain why. I'm not ready to tell my dinner date Friday I will be in the same boat with a day date with my mom and lets not even get started on Easter I'll tackle that when it gets here.

Have a great week all you Ideal Protein Winners, or should I say Losers!!

Last edited by carlasherea; 03-29-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

HockeyMom23 - Oh, peeps. So glad I don't like them myself, but everyone else seems to love them. My sister does and whenever I see them I think of her. Hang in there and here's more :

newsiemom - What? Sugar-free peeps? What would they possibly be made of? Maybe aliens are invading and they are disguised as sugar-free peeps. Sorry, I'm having a strange day so far so I don't feel like that would be too far-fetched!

ckanable - No fair on your hubby losing weight! He's moving the goal posts on you! I think it's a good goal to have. You're doing great. I'll join you for coffee - it's one of my favorite things!
Hope you enjoyed your morning cup of wonderful coffee!

RedMonkey - Sgt Sparkles reporting for Monday morning workweek duty here! I love that you put a smiley after my name! Thanks for the suggestion with the salt. From now on I'm going to measure those little granules of the sea (1/2 tsp exactly), put it in my shaker and use it for the day. I haven't done that so far AT ALL during this diet. I just shake it on and hope for the best. But the simplest thing might make my mood better. Thank you thank you! Today I feel good because I slept in. I'm also going to get more sleep this week. Hopefully I can get back to my sparkly self soon. I did use glittery hairspray this morning. Makes me feel like I'm going out to the club even though I'm just going to work!
:

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all have a fantastic week!

Last edited by CinnamonSparkles; 03-29-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: a misspelled word
Old 03-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

does anyone know how long walden farms takes to ship from their website, I used the buy 5 get 5 free coupon last week, and haven't heard anything from them about shipping, only the order itself, running low on dressing and caramel sauce so I'm anxious to get my order (I like the italian dressing and the caramel)
Old 03-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #19  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Happy Monday Morning! I have not been able to finish reading last week's thread so I will just jump into this week's fresh thread. I need a fresh start so this is perfect.

I have gained 4 pounds this week on Phase III (after maintaining for 2 weeks) so I have gone back to Phase I as of this morning. Dr. Tran Tien does say to expect a weight gain when adding more carbs. But my favorite size 12 skinny jeans are getting tight and that is a BIG RED FLAG for me. I refuse to go up a size ever again.

I have a lot of IP packages that I need to use up anyway. I also have some Isopure No Carb protein powder and tons of Walden Farms products so I am good to go.

Yes, my secret goal is to weigh less than my boyfriend. He keeps losing weight also so it is hard to catch up with him. He currently weighs 165 and he is 1 inch taller than me. He has lost 7 pounds since we both started going to the gym 3 weeks ago. Drats! It's always so much easier for guys.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #20  

Alrighty, so I am going on vacation May 22nd, to April I will be going off plan, I will go to phase 2, to 3, and finally to maintenence. She was going to do this for me anyways, she went to a big conference and it said after you are on the plan for about 6 months, its a good idea to restart everything again, it gives your body a jumpstart and you lose more faster again and I have been losing pretty slowly as a guy these last few weeks. I am going to Disneyland and Hollywood with family I havent seen for years, so sticking to plan would be hard, but I should be able to atleast stick to maintenence.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #21  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

So I've been away for a bit. I'll catch up on all the posts during the PM this week.

I had my weigh in on Friday and was flat. Not too disapointed as last weeks -3 was POST workout so I kind of felt it wasn't a true -3.

Went on a little vacation this last week and cheated. Basically had 2 "free" days. I'm sure they won't = free when I get on the scale this Friday. But the good is that I'm back on track as of this morning and will push ahead....ON TO THE 220s!

RJ
Old 03-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #22  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I did the buy 5 get 5 with Walden Farms also. It has been 2 weeks. I called today and they said they were behind from the snowstorm. Totally get that, but then I asked how long their shipping was normally and she said 3 days to process the order and 7-12 days to ship. Couldn't help myself when I said "that is a really long time". Anyway, my shipment is supposed to be here tomorrow according to her.
I have gotten 2 shipments from Lindora and they both were here in 3 days. I was impressed.
Oh, yes, the husband thing. My hubby informed me he lost a couple more pounds and was down to 169. Thanks honey, I needed that!!! Really, though he is very supportive and I couldn't ask for a better guy. He eats what I do and sometimes fixes it himself.
Been feeling pretty good about myself. Put another 4 tops(1x) in the thrift store bag. Got out some L and XL that fit. My scale says I'm down another 3 lb., but Friday morning will tell me the real story when I go weigh in. I would so love to be in the 170's this week.
My NSV....I can get my wedding rings off(not that I want to) for the first time in over 2 years.
My next big goal is to be able to wear the beautiful Black Hills Gold watch that DH got me years ago. It has been too tight for a couple years. I tried it on the other day....it is still a little tight, but it won't be long.
I can't wait to see what new products my coach has this week. That orange thing sounds good.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #23  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

can any one tell me how to upload photo's? I am having a heck of a time trying to get it to work! Thanks!
Old 03-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #24  

i had my first weigh in today! i lost 6.2 lbs this week. down to 172.2! woo hoo!! it feels so good
Old 03-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #25  
Started IP March 1, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbrandi View Post
i had my first weigh in today! i lost 6.2 lbs this week. down to 172.2! woo hoo!! it feels so good
Good Job Brandi!!! I'm so excited for you. That just gives you so much incentive to keep going. Congratulations.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #26  

thank you! it really is this website that makes it really easy. between you guys, and my husband... you're all my saving grace!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #27  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
ChelleFL - Forgot to comment on your other comments. Yes we did buy a lot of wine in Napa. Shipped from wineries or UPS store every day we were there. Most were cabs for my husband but I got 6+ sparklings too. Some day I will enjoy them!
About our similar start times, I started a little heavier than you so that could be why I have lost a pound or two more.
But my scale dance hasn't work yet. I am stuck for the moment. Staying calm and patient and thinking I should be careful about every bite- measure the 2 cups of veggies carefully. Avoid broccoli and cauliflower that I didn't even realize were higher in carbs. Keep avoiding restricted IPs and try to walk those 2 miles every day. (No I really haven't exercised enough-- some walking, a little Wii-- need to do more but don't have the energy) Trying to be patient. Sounds like you're doing really well!! Keep it up!
I had been stuck at 192 for about 3 years. I had been taking a homeopathic/holistic thyroid support (TG100) and felt great, but just couldn't lose a pound. 12/22/08 I went off TG100 so I could be evaluated by an Endocrinologist. I gained 20 lbs. in 4 months as soon as I went off the TG100. After about 10 months I finally got my thyroid regulated. I started my own diet the first of this year and over the 5 weeks before I started IP, I lost 5 lbs. So, I really started at 212. IP was 207.

I've been stuck a few times myself and generally slower than the rest of the folks on this board. Week 2 I only lost 0.8; Week 4 - 1.3; Week 5 - 1.8; Week 6 - 1.9. This past week was better - 3.6. Total is 20.6.
I seemed to do better after dealing with constipation and potassium issues. But, I never get into ketosis and I also weigh my vegetables and I still am retaining water. I may take your suggestion and try some extra potassium. I walked 2 miles/five days a week and did water arobicss 2x/week until January. I'm going to start again.

I will persevere along with you.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #28  
Started IP March 1, 2010

Ok, where do I put the ticker information so it will show up on my posts. Got it all made, but can't figure out where it goes. Thanks,..
Old 03-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Ok, where do I put the ticker information so it will show up on my posts. Got it all made, but can't figure out where it goes. Thanks,..
Click on "User CP" above. Click on "edit signature." Copy your ticker into the url square to the left of the smilies. Arrow down and click on "save signature."
Old 03-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbrandi View Post

Yay Brandi! glad its working!
Closed Thread