Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Unfortunately on fitday you have to enter them all individually...if you look on the IP FAQ there is a spreadsheet with the nutritional values of most of the IP foods.

Once you've entered the foods in once you can find them in your custom foods list at any time - it just takes a bit of work upfront

Thanks - That's what I figured. Just being lazy!! :wink:
Old 03-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #32  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Default Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
Hi All,

Its been crazy the last week or so. Took me a long time to catch up on everything that's been happening. Congrats to everyone on all their weight loss success and their NSV success.

I had my first weigh in on Friday and only lost 2 pounds. My doc said I wasn't in ketosis yet? I didn't understand b/c I follow everything to a T. Amazing considering I was on vacation my first 6 days of the program and then at a charity event surrounded by deserts and pasta for the next 3 days.

I noticed a lot of people here have trouble with salad dressing so buy those walden farms deals. I wanted to let you all know salad dressing is really easy to make at home - then you can have unlimited variety without having a ton of any one flavor. The key is 3 parts oil to 1 part acid. Then any spices etc you want are just bonus. I like to add fresh herbs as well as spices.
Ex. 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice + sea salt, pepper
3 tbsp EVOO, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar + sea salt, pepper, mustard
3 tbsp grape seed oil, 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar + basil, paprika, sea salt, pepper
Then you put the acid, spices, herbs, salt, and pepper to your blender. Mix it all up good. Then drizzle your oil in while your blender is on. This emulsifies the mixture so it won't separate when you put it in the fridge for a few days.

This week I made a spicy cilantro dressing and a spinach pesto dressing.
The first was hot pepper, cilantro, cucumber, EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper. The second was spinach (blanched first to keep it from turning brown in the fridge), basil, EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.

What else did I make this week you ask?
1. Baby bok choy and green pepper stir fry
2. Chicken loaf with mustard greens
3. Veal stuffed cabbage rolls on a bed of cabbage and celery stir fry
4. Grilled asparagus salad (my cold salad option)

I'm going to have to try some of those great recipes involving the IP packs. You all are so creative!!

Wow sorry for the crazy long post!
DANG- i haven't been hungry all day( AND I HAVE BEEN BAKING SWEETS) UNTIL I READ THIS POST! I need to eat dinner at your house! lol!! You make the diet sound a little more tasty- too bad I love to bake and not to cook... WHY?!?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:01 AM   #33  
Goddess of Research

Talking cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
That's awesome Jordanna! Congrats on the weight loss. I can't wait to be at 40 lbs. That will almost be maintenance.

I had a few NSV's this week. I wore a suit to church on Sunday that was just a dream for the last year and it looked great. I also put on a pair of jeans right out of the dryer and they were comfortable and even a little loose. No more muffin top for me

Yesterday was a challenge where eating was involved because I had both a luncheon and dinner to attend. I am proud to say that I didn't cheat the program at all and feel really good about that

I have to weigh in 1 day early this week because I'm going out of town. (that will be a challenge in itself) I am hoping for a good number. I did something I said I wouldn't do and weighed at home yesterday and was down another 5 I will post tomorrow!!
Good for you carla!! I'm going for MY 2nd WI tomorrow too! and i do believe we are going to be neck and neck! ha! but all of my clothes are either sweatsuits or work out clothes so I don't really have that great feeling of them falling down because of the elastic! and i haven't wanted to buy new clothes because of my FA status! but Im so happy to hear about your NSV's and anxious to see how we both do tomorrow!! Good luck chica!
Old 03-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #34  
Goddess of Research

So, tommorrow is my 2nd weigh in and I'm hoping for the best but i know that what my scale says today has absolutely no bareing on what it will say tomorrow so... its a shot in the dark- i know I've lost- I was hoping for somthing huge but I was back down to the five pounds i was down to on Friday... i know i know I should be greatful but I guess I'm expecting more- and maybe Its because my coach thought I would lose, well I GUESS she did say AT LEAST 5 pounds a week but maybe 6-7. and I heard 7 of course and I couldn't get out for my walks because Spring decided it was going to get sick and dropped down into the 30's and 40's- HUMPH! I can't take my 14 month old son out into that.... SPEAKING OF HIM....

I'm sure all of you are a little "paranoid" about what is in all of the food and drinks now that you're doing IP, right? " Don't want any added sugar or hidden carbs!" Well what "if" some one you loved and trusted the most boobytrapped one of your GUILT-FREE PLEASURES unbeknownst to you..... earlier today I had given my son a Bordeaux cookie (of course he likes the expensive stuff!) and I had gotten myself a tangerine diet rite ( I knew that 12 pack was a bad idea!) and we went into the living room to play and watch "New Moon" and at one point I saw him investigating my diet rite and sort of playing with it but being careful always to set it down on its bottom- well to make a long story short- the little communist ended up taking off with it and I had to high tail it to get it back and after taking a couple swigs i realized there were some fragments of something in there. My son was breaking the cookie up AND PUTTING IT IN THE MOUTH OF THE CAN! AND MOST OF THE PIECES WERE ALMOST DISSOLVED! SABATOGE! BOOBYTRAPPED! BY MY DEEPEST LOVE IN THE WORLD! I really hoped for the first time in my life that I was having some sort of visual hallucinations! I wanted to throw up! And the little tyke has no clue mommys on a diet- BUT WHAT ARE THE ODDS! I tell you folks, if it weren't for bad luck- I wouldn't have any at all. Good thing I missed my vegetables- I didn't know I was going to have a cookie fly in under the radar in a diet rite sweetened with splenda. Kids, you blink and they're already up to something! So to punish him I made some homemade Apple Cinnamon Muffins with real apples and oats and crumbles on top... the real evil step mother HEE. I love that boy like rap stars love money, he's all the sugar and honey I need!

Okay, so I did some research on your body retaining water after LONG INTENSE exercise, and its only partially complete and I'm not satisfied with the amount of medical data and studies I could find ( need more time) but what I did find is YES in fact your body does usually go up in weight when you have sore/ extremely sore muscles because when you undergo intense training- especially when you are not used to it- it is tearing your muscle fibers down- and your body builds them back stronger and in that process your body absorbs water to help with the healing process with your amino acids which usually lasts about 48 hours, sometimes 72 depending on how much repair is needed- so a jump on the scale the next day is almost certain- but will almost certainly go down once the repair is ending the water is no longer needed and is expelled and urinated out, just make sure to be drinking lots of water so your body has no reason to think IT NEEDS TO HOLD ON TO IT!- My body reacted similarly after muaythai on friday- i had lost 5 pounds in 3 days and on saturday i gained two back and was like WTF I was pissed and then today on monday (48 hours later) i dropped those two pounds... so i have a personal experience that lines up exactly with the research that I found I would like to find more and have a good refernce I could put down to refer people to if needed tho.

JORDANNA- your weight loss is amazing- and I'm a competitve person so it gives me something to be inspired and motivated towards trying to reach or beat the same thing! I guess I'm more like a guy than a girl in that respect but I guess whatever keeps us going! If you keep going at this pace YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE ONE HECK OF A VICTORY STORY- I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! Congrats on the wheels. I've been thinking about getting a bike I can ride with my son- and all this talk about bikes makes me want it more!! even more motivating! see you are inspiring. But i don't know if i can use the same bike i have with an attachment or if i have to get a whole new one for me and my son to ride on the back? guess theres more research. anywho- congrats on your victory.

DAD- WOW 50 POUNDS in 8 weeks OMG that is flat out amazing!!! you should be so freakin elated! don't let those 2 TREMENDOUS monthes spoil you if you have a couple weeks with a few lower numbers it will keep coming off - youre doing FANTASTIC!!

LIVVYBUGS- WELCOME TO THE THREAD!! GLAD YOU GUYS ARE HERE!! You both did so welll on your first week!! keep up the stellar work!

WyoSun- Wow- All those NSV'S with your clothes- that has to feel so AWESOME!! enjoy it for me- because all i have is workout clothes and velvet running suits---- so i don't get that feeling but I'm happy for you and looking forward to it one day!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 212/192/140

Good morning ladies,
Thank you for the warm welcome and words of encouragement! I feel I can do this diet, even with my Italian background! I actually passed on homemade deep dish pizza my sister in law made last night and brought my own "pizza" I dipped zucchini rounds in egg whites, put spices on them and baked until golden and crispy then put shredded chicken tossed in hot sauce on the top, They were pretty tasty, I'm getting used to eating my burgers & sandwich type things in lettuce wraps.
Thanks to you all for all your ideas, this week was the first week I can have the restricted items, I had chili yesterday and it wasn't too bad!
Everyone here seems to be doing really well on IP and it is very encouraging.
Julie
Old 03-23-2010, 07:42 AM   #36  

MTG - Thanks for the research on the water retention. Good Luck with your weigh in, I am sure it will be great!

I too weigh in today and our weight and height is almost the same. I am 5'9" and hoping for a good loss tonight but weighing at night it is so hard to judge what it will be. Last week was only 1.6 so I am hoping for more this week but I will be happy with anything as long as it is going down.

Your son is close to the same age as my grandson. I usually have him 1 or 2 nights a week. They can sure keep you busy!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgal View Post
Good morning ladies,
Thank you for the warm welcome and words of encouragement! I feel I can do this diet, even with my Italian background! I actually passed on homemade deep dish pizza my sister in law made last night and brought my own "pizza" I dipped zucchini rounds in egg whites, put spices on them and baked until golden and crispy then put shredded chicken tossed in hot sauce on the top, They were pretty tasty, I'm getting used to eating my burgers & sandwich type things in lettuce wraps.
Thanks to you all for all your ideas, this week was the first week I can have the restricted items, I had chili yesterday and it wasn't too bad!
Everyone here seems to be doing really well on IP and it is very encouraging.
Julie
Wow, thanks for the idea about the zuchinni. That sounds terrific. Did you know Walden Farms has a marinara sauce? I have only used it making meatloaf but it tasted good. I enjoy the chili too it just seems like such a small amount so I add chopped up miracle noodles to it or chopped up mushrooms. It makes a bigger bowl full.

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 03-23-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:13 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 212/192/140

Smile

What may I ask are miracle noodles? I am not a fan of mushrooms, I think it's a texture thing! Any "noodle" would be great! I was a bit bummed when we couldn't have squash, spaghetti squash was a staple when I did WW.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Just letting everyone know that Lindora is offering free shipping on orders over $75 through 3/28. That would be about 6 boxes you'd have to buy in order to take advantage of a savings of $9-$10. Not great, but if you were planning to order anyway, not bad. For those of you who might be looking for an alternative potassium source, they have potassium tablets, 120 for $5. You're supposed to take two tablets per day. I can't tell from the picture how many milligrams are in each.

Last edited by BevS; 03-23-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgal View Post
What may I ask are miracle noodles? I am not a fan of mushrooms, I think it's a texture thing! Any "noodle" would be great! I was a bit bummed when we couldn't have squash, spaghetti squash was a staple when I did WW.
Go to the website: http://miraclenoodle.com/

The noodles don't have any fat, calories or carbs. They are made from soluble plant fiber and are very filling. They are packed in a fishy smelling water so you have to rinse them really well.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Just letting everyone know that Lindora is offering free shipping on orders over $75 through 3/28. That would be about 6 boxes you'd have to buy in order to take advantage of a savings of $9-$10. Not great, but if you were planning to order anyway, not bad.
Thanks Bev, I am sending all my friends to Lindora that cannot afford to do IP.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

MuayThaiGoddess -
I cannot believe that your little love put a cookie in your diet rite! By the way, I haven't had Diet Rite Tangerine since it came out around 2004, but I really liked it then. And I don't even like soda! It's nice that you ran out in the middle of the night, invisible siren flashing, to go get some of it! I think your son knows you are on a diet because he knew you wanted a cookie and couldn't have one so he "hid" it from you. Awwww, he's such a sweetie. Love your comment "I love that boy like rap stars love money, he's all the sugar and honey I need!" It warms my heart.

Awesome research on the muscles healing and water retention. Do you think it applies to therapy too? I thank my lucky stars that I am on this diet because I got a SpineCor brace on Feb 18. First of all, it's the tightest article of clothing that you can think of, it has a bunch of straps and these little shorts where you velcro them on. So of course in between the straps any extra minuscule amount of fat that one has will get pushed out between them. Also not a lot of room in the stomach for food since the shorts have these straps that have to be tightened for the support. Anyway, I think I have a need of more protein since the brace is pulling my body every which way that it doesn't want to go due to scoliosis, and I'm always aching. Been going to the chiropractor more though, so that's a plus! The brace is supposed to help unwind the crooked back (although only to a small extent in adults since we're not growing anymore) and it's supposed to help retrain the muscles to hold my spine in place better, and to hold my whole body in the correct placement (somewhat like good posture). Wow my back muscles and shoulder muscles are smarting every single day! I think if I wasn't eating all this extra protein, I might not be able to take it! And I have to drink about a gallon of water a day just to feel normal. The dr told me that I'd need more water and that I would get sick if I didn't drink a lot. The whole nervous system is changing on me! Whew! Sometimes I get random stabbing pains that cause me to stop what I'm doing and cry out. My boyfriend must think I'm totally nuts! Wish there was a support group as awesome as this forum for Spinecor for adults.

I now think of myself as Sgt. Sparkles! That's awesome! I'm a Sgt covered in glitter though. My bf went for his weigh in and lost 4 pounds. He wasn't too happy with it, and thought maybe he should go back after he got home to get re-weighed. He wasn't sure if he had taken his heavy wallet and iphone out of his pocket. I told him he would make a bad woman because I would weigh in naked if they let me. Or just wearing undergarments I guess. I always go to the bathroom directly before. Heck I even take the padding out of my bra so as not to skew the measurement (ack! lost 4.5 inches off the bust anyway). Also he can't find his sheet where all the measurements are written so he doesn't really know how many inches he's lost. He's a lost case sometimes. I told him to get an iphone application for tracking weight/measurements or to use fitday.com. I just figured out you can put in your measurements in the Body section yesterday!

Sorry I didn't write you back yesterday but I couldn't sleep again when my insomnia reared its ugly head on Sunday night. Just laid in bed forever. So I didn't let myself get online last night hoping I would sleep. And I slept! Woot! Zzzzzzz...

Good luck on the weigh in today! I hope your son doesn't put a cookie in your pocket! The little dear. I think I may have hyped up the diet too much to my bf - I told him men lose 5-7 pounds a week and he's lost 5.8 pounds and 4 pounds. Oh well. I just figured of course he would start and then he'd lose way more than me in like a week! There's so many factors at work in our bodies, we can't all possibly have the same loss numbers. Just like how your coach hyped you up for big big losses! 5 pounds is fantastic I think! I only had a 5 pound loss one week, the first week. Well, it was 6.4 but...

Oh and you asked me if I have cheated in my 55 days on IP (make it 56 today). I have not cheated. I have stuck to the plan and made do when I had to. The first week I went with my bf to his company holiday party and they had grilled fish and steamed veggies. The veggies of course were mostly carrots, with some broccoli. It was the only thing I could eat so I ate it. Pretty sure the veggies had some butter on them because it didn't taste right to me. Also there was pre-mixed salad there that had some kind of dressing on it which I think had Balsamic Vinegar in it? I ate that too because my stomach was so empty by the time we ate at 9:30pm! Cocktail hour was before that of course, and I LOVE wine. Not being able to drink their awesome selection of wine was sad. But I got over it. I've been wine free now going on 9 weeks! And I've been going out to happy hour with work people and concerts too, and I just drink my water happy as a clam! I hid a box of girl scout cookies in my drawer at work (back of the filing cabinet). I ordered them pre-IP and my coworker delivered them to me during my 3rd or 4th week on IP. I hid them and forgot about them until yesterday. They were calling my name from the drawer, those little stinkers! Those cute little girls, why can't they sell crudites such as cucumbers and broccoli with some Walden Farms dip? Why must they sell cookies, our sworn enemy? But I will not cheat because I am stubborn. This diet is expensive and I don't want to have to spend more for a darn cookie. Also I felt TERRIBLE the first few weeks and I don't want to have to go through that again - hang in there! That's the main motivation really. Also I don't want to write it down in the food journal because then I will feel like I've failed. That being said, if anyone cheats, just pick yourself up and get back on the wagon with all of us! Fix it right away, not later. Don't want anyone to feel bad just because I'm such a stubborn person about it. You can recover and drink some water and get on with your diet. I have dreamed about cheating on the diet and I've eaten some pretty yummy things in my dreams. Also I laughed long and hard about someone on here who posted that they were eating a baguette with butter in their dream. Bwah ha ha!

Have a good day everyone! Gosh I'd better get moving or I'll be late to work! Oh how I love my morning cup of coffee.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #43  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

25 pounds lost in 5 weeks and 4 days. And I have joined that very exclusive club called the onehundreders (or something like that) wooo hoo!! (Thought about doing a pic of the scale like Birman did) Had a massage to celebrate-- and went back to acupuncture after a long hiatus. Don't you just love this diet?? I have never dieted for this long without cheating. Never.
Shellylou I started a stack of pants a couple of days ago too. My closet needs a reorganization but just getting out the pants that are too big helps a lot. It's weird how I feel about it -- happy they are big but sad that the newer ones can't be worn (probably the $$ that bugs me) I should be just overjoyed!! Stay motivated. If you are impatient like I am, the slower times of weight loss are
so annoying but when you have a breakthrough, you're so glad you just stuck with it.
Sassy Kimann-thanks for the salad dressing recipes. New ideas are really needed when you are almost 6weeks in. Sounds yummy!
Jordanna- you are motivating me to go back to fitday. I used it for a diet last summer but haven't wanted to spend the time to enter the IP info. But I should do it-- it helps keep you motivated so thanks for the reminder. It's a very cool website.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #44  

I use fitday every single day Like some other members I love to chart, graph and document everything. I like to sit at my 25" flat panel monitor and pull up my weight loss graph and just stare at it a bit every now and again; I love to see the way it just keeps on plunging!

Fitday also helps me watch my carbs, I stay below 30g a day and it makes it really easy for me to monitor that

Thanks everyone for the nice words about my bike. I've wanted a cruiser for over three years but never felt confident enough to go out and get one. It's that same old vicious cycle - I think I'm too fat to ride a bike, I'm never going to get thin if I don't start riding one and getting healthy
Old 03-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #45  

Morning All,
Today is my week 17 weigh in and it was a good week according to my home scale. A couple of weeks ago my coach switched my weigh ins from morning (which works best for me) to afternoon (which works best for her), so it is more difficult for me to get that closer gauge to how I did.

MTG--thanks again for the morning laugh--your son's story had me laughing out loud...my cat looks at me funny when I do that.

Well, off to work. Have a great Tuesday everyone and I will check in later.
Closed Thread