Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Jordanna; Sweet Ride!!

Hate to sound like a Mum, but don't forget your helmet!!

Take Care -
Old 03-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #17  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Jordanna - I got a bike a few months ago. Really love to ride it although it takes awhile to get used to the seat--
Ride 6 miles max right now-- not the 12 or more I used to do when I was thinner but those days are coming back soon. Walking is good but biking reminds me of my childhood. You feel great when you get off the bike too and
for my knees, riding is much less painful than long walks.
Enjoy it and take it slowly...
Old 03-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post

babs181 - why is Claritin bad for you? I've been going to an allergy doctor for years and I was on Claritin for 6 years straight. Then it stopped working so now I'm on something else. Also I get allergy shots. I hope your skin clears up. My back ache came back a week after I started IP (had cleared up from a few years ago- it's adult ache) and my face is breaking out too. My coach/dr said it's the body going through detox. Used some benzoyl peroxide on my back for a few weeks and it cleared up again. I have eczema so I'm afraid to use a medicine that strong on my face. Just using salicylic acid on my cheeks and nose for now. Seems to keep it at bay. But who knows what it could be? I usually don't eat this much animal protein, whey, or milk products, so it could be that too. Thank you for sharing about your skin. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I tend to stay natural with most things, that's why this diet is great for me. Claritin in general can build up on your system and create a lot of problems down the road, which is why it stops working for a lot of people. I generally don't take any medications at all, benedryl is strong for me too. I'm one of those people who really tries to find all possibilities before going on medication. In fact, I don't take stuff for headaches or aches and pains, I go homeopathic or acupuncture. Antihistamines in general aren't really good because they suppress the body's natural ability to get rid of the problem, just like most cough suppressants and stuff to help with colds that suppress symptoms. Now there are definitely times when the symptoms are so bad that something is needed, but I tend to do my very best to avoid that kind of stuff at all costs. (note I work for a company that sells homeopathics and spent four years working in conventional pharmaceutical sales, so as a sales rep I've seen both sides to some degree, I'm on this diet because I want to focus on overall wellness and addressing the cause beneath a lot of health problems, in my case prevent what I can)

Last edited by babs181; 03-22-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 172/152/143

Height: 5'4

I started IP 6 weeks ago, and have lost 16 pounds.....I have another 16 to go. I did great with no cheats for about 4 weeks, but the last two, I have slipped and started fresh and good today....gotta get back on track, but love how I am feeling and looking....I started a stack of pants that are too big, and each day that I get ready for work, it is growing.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #20  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
That's awesome Jordanna! Congrats on the weight loss. I can't wait to be at 40 lbs. That will almost be maintenance.

I had a few NSV's this week. I wore a suit to church on Sunday that was just a dream for the last year and it looked great. I also put on a pair of jeans right out of the dryer and they were comfortable and even a little loose. No more muffin top for me

Yesterday was a challenge where eating was involved because I had both a luncheon and dinner to attend. I am proud to say that I didn't cheat the program at all and feel really good about that

I have to weigh in 1 day early this week because I'm going out of town. (that will be a challenge in itself) I am hoping for a good number. I did something I said I wouldn't do and weighed at home yesterday and was down another 5 I will post tomorrow!!
WAY TO GO!!!

Last edited by Kelsey; 03-22-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #21  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellylou View Post
I started IP 6 weeks ago, and have lost 16 pounds.....I have another 16 to go. I did great with no cheats for about 4 weeks, but the last two, I have slipped and started fresh and good today....gotta get back on track, but love how I am feeling and looking....I started a stack of pants that are too big, and each day that I get ready for work, it is growing.
You're on your way! How great is that stack of pants??? I can't wait!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Happy Monday All!!!

Jordanna--what a sweet lookin' bike-I am so happy for you!!! I too, am looking to get a bike so I can ride around the lake with the boys. Am hoping to win my dress club on Friday so I can get it this weekend.

Carlasherea/Dad/WyoSun-congrats on the NSV's and losses! Life is good!

Faith/Beth/Julie-WELCOME!! You are going to love this site. It has been a lifesaver, motivator and plethera of knowledge. (Did I just say, plethera? lol)

Shellylou-I too, just finished week 6. I love, love, love how I feel (and look). It is a great program! Good for you for sticking with it. I have had some challenging days the last 6 weeks, but just keep moving ahead...

Rachelle-hang in there and don't be discouraged. Some say the first week is the toughest, but personally, it took me until the end of week 3/beginning of week 4 to feel normal. I have to ask: have you been drinking your 64+ oz/getting your sea salt/taking your supplements/eating your veggies? I snacked a ton on cucumbers and pickles that first week(still do). The only reason I ask the above is that I can tell a big difference in my losses from week to week depending on if I was consistent in the above mentioned. Also, I am on week 6 and have lost 20 pounds. That averages out to a little more than 3 pounds a week. Come to think of it, I only lost 3 pounds my first week too. Don't give up!!! The journey is well worth it!!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #23  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livybugg Ladies View Post
Hello ladies! We are a team of IP dieters here. Faith and Beth
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks on IP and we have really gotten a lot of info and advice from this message board so thanks to all!

Week one:
F - 8.8 lbs
B - 7.6 lbs

Also, please do tell us about the WF PB&J - very interested in that! Also, what are miracle noodles?

Thanks all and keep up the great work!
These noodles are great and will not have a negative impact on your weight loss. Just make sure you rinse, rinse, rinse them real well.

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/miracle...-products.html
Old 03-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #24  

Jordanna - I love your new bike! You will have a great time I am sure. What a nice reward for yourself!

ShellyLou - Welcome to the forum! Great loss so far, you are halfway there. What a nice feeling that is!

Rachelle23 - Are you drinking enough water? Try drinking an 8 oz glass when you feel hungry and see if it goes away. You might want to try some hot tea too. I eat 4 proteins a day if I am really feeling hungry. I am not losing 5 pounds a week but still losing every week. Hang in there and maybe we can help you along the way. Welcome to the forum!

Carlashera - You are doing terrific, I bet you post a great number on you weigh in! You are a very pretty girl and losing weight it going to make you feel so good about yourself.

Steelgal - Welcome Julie! You are doing great for 3 weeks. Hang in there and the next 3 weeks will fly by.

Livybugg Ladies - Welcome Faith and Beth! This is a great forum and so many new people keep the rest of us excited and motivated. Good luck on your weigh in's tomorrow. Tuesday's are my weigh in day too! It is nice to have a close friend for support during this diet too, you can help keep each other on track.

Scott - Great Job! It is nice to see you keep coming back to chat with us! You have done terrific!

Ok, so I have probably forgot someone but everyone is doing so well and it is nice to have so many posts to read. I look forward to reading from this site everyday!

Have a nice evening!

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 03-22-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #25  
Started IP 3/11/2010

S/C/G: 180/130/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi All,

Its been crazy the last week or so. Took me a long time to catch up on everything that's been happening. Congrats to everyone on all their weight loss success and their NSV success.

I had my first weigh in on Friday and only lost 2 pounds. My doc said I wasn't in ketosis yet? I didn't understand b/c I follow everything to a T. Amazing considering I was on vacation my first 6 days of the program and then at a charity event surrounded by deserts and pasta for the next 3 days.

I noticed a lot of people here have trouble with salad dressing so buy those walden farms deals. I wanted to let you all know salad dressing is really easy to make at home - then you can have unlimited variety without having a ton of any one flavor. The key is 3 parts oil to 1 part acid. Then any spices etc you want are just bonus. I like to add fresh herbs as well as spices.
Ex. 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice + sea salt, pepper
3 tbsp EVOO, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar + sea salt, pepper, mustard
3 tbsp grape seed oil, 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar + basil, paprika, sea salt, pepper
Then you put the acid, spices, herbs, salt, and pepper to your blender. Mix it all up good. Then drizzle your oil in while your blender is on. This emulsifies the mixture so it won't separate when you put it in the fridge for a few days.

This week I made a spicy cilantro dressing and a spinach pesto dressing.
The first was hot pepper, cilantro, cucumber, EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper. The second was spinach (blanched first to keep it from turning brown in the fridge), basil, EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.

What else did I make this week you ask?
1. Baby bok choy and green pepper stir fry
2. Chicken loaf with mustard greens
3. Veal stuffed cabbage rolls on a bed of cabbage and celery stir fry
4. Grilled asparagus salad (my cold salad option)

I'm going to have to try some of those great recipes involving the IP packs. You all are so creative!!

Wow sorry for the crazy long post!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #26  

Height: 5.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelle23 View Post
Hello everyone! I am on week two of the IP diet, and I am struggling =(
I am either hungry, or I eat extra protein and don't lose weight. It is day 9 and I have only lost 3 pounds! I feel like I have given up so much - and 3 pounds?!

I have to say thanks to everyone though, because reading everyone's stories is very encouraging and makes me want to keep going!
Oh Rachelle. Im sorry you are struggling but know that we have all been there. It does get easier. Are you eating all your veggies? Lettuce? HAve you talked to your coach about how hungry you are?

We are all here to motivate each other so never be afraid to ask for help etc. Keep it up, I promise it it is worth it.

KimAnn

***Week 1- 14 pounds
***Week2 - 4 pounds and 10 inches
***Week 3 - 6 pounds.....only 50 more pounds till Im a smokin hot bride on Sept 18*****
Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
Hi All,

Its been crazy the last week or so. Took me a long time to catch up on everything that's been happening. Congrats to everyone on all their weight loss success and their NSV success.

I had my first weigh in on Friday and only lost 2 pounds. My doc said I wasn't in ketosis yet? I didn't understand b/c I follow everything to a T. Amazing considering I was on vacation my first 6 days of the program and then at a charity event surrounded by deserts and pasta for the next 3 days.

I noticed a lot of people here have trouble with salad dressing so buy those walden farms deals. I wanted to let you all know salad dressing is really easy to make at home - then you can have unlimited variety without having a ton of any one flavor. The key is 3 parts oil to 1 part acid. Then any spices etc you want are just bonus. I like to add fresh herbs as well as spices.
Ex. 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice + sea salt, pepper
3 tbsp EVOO, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar + sea salt, pepper, mustard
3 tbsp grape seed oil, 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar + basil, paprika, sea salt, pepper
Then you put the acid, spices, herbs, salt, and pepper to your blender. Mix it all up good. Then drizzle your oil in while your blender is on. This emulsifies the mixture so it won't separate when you put it in the fridge for a few days.

This week I made a spicy cilantro dressing and a spinach pesto dressing.
The first was hot pepper, cilantro, cucumber, EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper. The second was spinach (blanched first to keep it from turning brown in the fridge), basil, EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.

What else did I make this week you ask?
1. Baby bok choy and green pepper stir fry
2. Chicken loaf with mustard greens
3. Veal stuffed cabbage rolls on a bed of cabbage and celery stir fry
4. Grilled asparagus salad (my cold salad option)

I'm going to have to try some of those great recipes involving the IP packs. You all are so creative!!

Wow sorry for the crazy long post!
Thanks for sharing. I hate salad dressings but am getting very bored of plain old lettuce so Im going to try some of your suggestions.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #28  

JOrdanna....I LOVE your new wheels. Awesome reward.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Jordanna;

On My Fit Day, do you have to enter the IP foods individually, or can they be found on the Fit Day site somewhere?

Thanks for your time!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
Jordanna;

On My Fit Day, do you have to enter the IP foods individually, or can they be found on the Fit Day site somewhere?

Thanks for your time!

Unfortunately on fitday you have to enter them all individually...if you look on the IP FAQ there is a spreadsheet with the nutritional values of most of the IP foods.

Once you've entered the foods in once you can find them in your custom foods list at any time - it just takes a bit of work upfront
Closed Thread