IP Chat - Week of March 22nd - 28th

You're on Page 18 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Looks soo good and quick too!!!
    OMG you actually kept a New Years Resolution??? I'm so proud of you!!!! Not many folks manage to do that!!! I sorta stopped making them because I never followed through on them and it just gave me something to feel guilty about...who need that right!!! Well you seem to have not only kept the NYR but you are excelling at it!!
    Thanks again for taking the time to share this!!! :-)
    Quote: my clinic keeps sheets with all my measurements for each weigh in - i just have a summary sheet with the main measurments on it.

Coffee - why aren't we allowed coffee? I was also curious about this one - is it the caffeine, do the IP folks just not think it's good for you or is there some scientific reason?? I asked my coach and they didn't know, i e-mailed the IP people and they gave me the "if you drink one cup of coffee you must compensate with an extra cup of water" line. when i questioned further as to why - no response. So i looked it up and did some searching - bottom line, it's the caffeine - the caffeine does something to your insulin levels - we're not allowed it for that reason and neither are diabetics.
    FYI...We must all not be given the same information...
    The IP Phase 1 "Alternative Plan" plan sheet shows coffee w/sweetener & 1oz skim milk in the Breakfast column. The Alternative Plan is for diabetics. ?????
  • After losing about 33 pounds I've decided to take a break - I've been really tired, sluggish, and have had some memory issues. Maybe if I take a break it will get better (still eating healthy, just not using IP)
  • Just had my taco salad. It was really good. I did put 1 TBLS. of cheese on it, too. Since I didn't have my oil today I took it upon myself to substitute. I am fixing that zucchini for dessert. Thanks Uvettee.
  • Quote: SoccerMom: I've wondered the same thing, plus I've been getting dizzy too. But it almost seems like all they heard was I cheated on Sunday so thats the reason for everything, even though it was all going on before I cheated. I really don't know how to get more calories in. I added it all up the, 4 cps of veggies, the drinks and the protein. Lettuce barely adds any calories at all. So even if I ate an entire head of lettuce a day it would still only be like 15 cals!!! I added it up that if I eat chicken as my protein (beef is higher) which I alternate between chicken and sirloin. I'm at 691 cal/day including the restricted bar, and not including the lettuce. And she wants me to stop eating the bars?!?!?

BevS: I have taken all that in, my WI appts are at the same time each week, and I wear the same outfit, jeans and a hoodie. If its in the laundry then I wear something I know is comparable. I don't eat or drink anything for about an hour before my WI because I don't want to weigh a bunch of water sitting in my stomach My clinic uses a hand held thingy to measure your BMI and Body Fat%. Both of which stayed the same as last week, and my BP was back up from the prior reading 2 wks ago.

The only 2 things this past week I can think of that may have made that big of an impact was that I was exercising for about half an hour 3 of those days. Was playing Just Dance on the Wii, which is fairly intense cardio, at least for me. And the only other thing was maybe PMS? But i was over that by yesterday, so I don't know.
    1) I take a silky robe that I put on every time I weigh so I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing that day.
    2) My coach(s) don't want me to exercise now. A little walking the dog or maybe playing around but nothing "intense". I can't even ride my recumbent bike more than like 5-10 min most.Just enough to stay"mobile". Something about building muscle/preserving muscle??? I don't remember the exact.
    3) The PMS thing is definitely something that will effect the scale!
  • OK, sorry, but the zucchini just doesn't do it for me. Can't eat them, I'll leave them for DH. He's kinda like Mikey.....he'll eat anything!!! LOL
  • Quote: SoccerMom: I've wondered the same thing, plus I've been getting dizzy too. But it almost seems like all they heard was I cheated on Sunday so thats the reason for everything, even though it was all going on before I cheated. I really don't know how to get more calories in. I added it all up the, 4 cps of veggies, the drinks and the protein. Lettuce barely adds any calories at all. So even if I ate an entire head of lettuce a day it would still only be like 15 cals!!! I added it up that if I eat chicken as my protein (beef is higher) which I alternate between chicken and sirloin. I'm at 691 cal/day including the restricted bar, and not including the lettuce. And she wants me to stop eating the bars?!?!?

BevS: I have taken all that in, my WI appts are at the same time each week, and I wear the same outfit, jeans and a hoodie. If its in the laundry then I wear something I know is comparable. I don't eat or drink anything for about an hour before my WI because I don't want to weigh a bunch of water sitting in my stomach My clinic uses a hand held thingy to measure your BMI and Body Fat%. Both of which stayed the same as last week, and my BP was back up from the prior reading 2 wks ago.

The only 2 things this past week I can think of that may have made that big of an impact was that I was exercising for about half an hour 3 of those days. Was playing Just Dance on the Wii, which is fairly intense cardio, at least for me. And the only other thing was maybe PMS? But i was over that by yesterday, so I don't know.
    Quote: Just had my taco salad. It was really good. I did put 1 TBLS. of cheese on it, too. Since I didn't have my oil today I took it upon myself to substitute. I am fixing that zucchini for dessert. Thanks Uvettee.
    You're most welcome WyoSun!!! :-) I'm just paying it & passing it forward.... :-)
    Hey wait, I'm seeing above that zucchini wasn't your thing. Are you trying it anyway??? If so I'm really proud of you! I'm telling that to my husband alot these days as he was striclty a green bean kinda veggie guy and he's loving the zucchini thing now!!! He's on his own for breakfast and lunch and then he's pretty much been eating what I eat for dinner. He's only good for dinner and has lost about 9 lbs in 3 weeks!!! Go figure??? hee hee :-) Let me know if it changed your outlook on zucchini??? :-)
  • Quote: Hey everyone! After my weigh in today, I would like to report that I lost .4 pounds! My dr/coach said that's fine and it's because I'm on phase 3. So I'm happy with that. Also, he approved the use of the Nestea packets I was talking about. He had one of the sample packets I brought and he said it was really good! I tried the peach one when I got home but my bf drank the rest. I didn't know peach tea was his favorite. Also I asked if I would gain the water weight back in phase 3 or 4 and the doc said no. I was under the impression that I might gain weight but I'm so happy that's not the case!!!

Have a good night everyone! Great job on all your losses and NSVs!
    Wow, Phase 3...you've made it!!!! Congrats!!!!
  • Oh yeh, Uvettee, I don't mind trying new things. I just don't go in for seconds if I don't like it. My kids always had to take a taste of everything, so I can't very well not do it.
  • Quote: Hey everyone! After my weigh in today, I would like to report that I lost .4 pounds! My dr/coach said that's fine and it's because I'm on phase 3. So I'm happy with that. Also, he approved the use of the Nestea packets I was talking about. He had one of the sample packets I brought and he said it was really good! I tried the peach one when I got home but my bf drank the rest. I didn't know peach tea was his favorite. Also I asked if I would gain the water weight back in phase 3 or 4 and the doc said no. I was under the impression that I might gain weight but I'm so happy that's not the case!!!

Have a good night everyone! Great job on all your losses and NSVs!
    [QUOTE=fluffymama;3216362]
    Quote: Well guys its official this morning, ive lost 100 lbs. on this diet!
    I have never cheated while on this diet, and its been like..5 months!
    Keep your mind to the diet and you can achieve anything!
    I still have a ways to go but its big step for me! =D[/QUO

THIS NEWS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!
    FluffyMama...OMG!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! And very inspiring, especially for those of us who have much to loose. I need to loose 150-180 lbs and have lost 22 lbs of that in 3 weeks....So thanks so much for posting this!!! And you should celebrate with a new something for your wardrobe!!! What do you think contributed to your loosing that much in such a short time, did you do anything consistently or differently??? If I may ask and it's not to person...Did you have the loose skin or are you nice and toned??? Did you do the collagen every 3rd day??? - Uvettee :-)
  • Quote: Oh yeh, Uvettee, I don't mind trying new things. I just don't go in for seconds if I don't like it. My kids always had to take a taste of everything, so I can't very well not do it.
    I just love people of principal and those willing to try new things! :-) I try to be both but sometimes I need a little push... hee hee :-)
  • Just wondering where I can get the Cal-mag vitamins without paying such high prices. I have looked around this site and can't find that info. Thanks for the help.
  • Quote: Wish I had more to report from the doc's PeginNH and CinammonSparkles. The answer was the diet is safe long term and that some of the things in the book aren't consistent with the current diet. They aren't really sure why-maybe since the book is so old. Wish I had a better answer.
    I spoke with my endocrinologist too about my thyroid meds. He said they don't change that much with weight loss. I was surprised since I thought they would. I did not explain the IP diet because I was worried he wouldn't approve! But didn't someone here say they no longer took thyroid meds after this diet??

Gotta love all the choices of fun animations.
    I just started IP on 2/8 and by 3/11 I had lost 15 lbs. I had to go down from 25 to 20 mcg of Cytomel, but I'm still taking 100 mcg of Synthroid. My Doctor told me that as I lose weight he will need to adjust my thryoid meds down, but that I will never be completely off of them. I'm having my blood work done tomorrow and seeing my Doctor a week later.

Did your Doctor do your blood work? That is really the only way to check your levels. Do you feel like your a little hyper?
  • Quote: I just started IP on 2/8 and by 3/11 I had lost 15 lbs. I had to go down from 25 to 20 mcg of Cytomel, but I'm still taking 100 mcg of Synthroid. My Doctor told me that as I lose weight he will need to adjust my thryoid meds down, but that I will never be completely off of them. I'm having my blood work done tomorrow and seeing my Doctor a week later.

Did your Doctor do your blood work? That is really the only way to check your levels. Do you feel like your a little hyper?
    I get blood work done at least twice a year. I had just had it done in November for the endocrinologist. But the doc for
    IP wanted to test TSH and much more. So I had more blood work done recently, after I had already lost 20 lbs on IP. I sent the results to my endocrinologist certain that he would adjust my Armour. But he said no, I am fine. I will test again in May before I see him again. And no, I don't feel at all hyper. He's a fabulous doctor- I've been seeing him over 5 years and I really trust him. He said the meds might not even change after the May blood test-- that weight loss just doesn't affect it that much. I was surprised.
  • Quote: BlueMermaid:Did you continue to eat restricted items when you came back from your little break in Vegas? Or did you get back into it like starting from Day1 and only do the NR foods for a few days/week??
    I too worry about my weight coming off slow for a few days and I tell myself I won't have the restricted's. I usually have made it 3 days and then I start having a restricted every day again. If you were having pms, that is probably the culprit and you will see a loss at your next weigh in. I have worried about consuming too much splenda and have tried to limit myself with it. I read on here a while back that some coaches have their clients on 4 packs a day from the beginning to keep their metabolism up. I think you kind of have to try different things and see if you can figure out what works best for you. I try not to let the scale get me down. As long as I am losing I will be happy. You will lose and before you know it reach your goal. Hang in there and follow the plan, drink lots of water and you will be fine.
  • Ugh - went to my parents place for dinner and my dad was making pork souvlaki for dinner so I checked the nutritional values and it had 0 g of carbs so I thought great, I can eat it, so I had my 5 oz of pork for dinner and thought it was delicious so I went to see what spices were in it and the 4th ingredient was sugar...I hope I haven't blown my whole week for a stupid mistake....

BLURG