IP Chat - Week of March 22nd - 28th

You're on Page 14 of 34
Go to
  • Thank you for the advice! I will have to order some of the puddings next week to see if that helps. In the mean time I am going to try using celery when I get hungry or some dill pickles ( I found some with 0 carbs). Last week I used an additionl packet and still lost weight but this week I am trying not to do that. That could be the difference. I hope the end of the week will be easier but I guess it should be hard so I appreciate when I lose

I always say "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"!

I know 165 doesn't sound like someone's dream weight but believe it or not when I am that weight (even at 5' 4") I am in a size 10. Is anyone else out there a LINEBACKER like me?
  • BTW - How do you add that weight ticker thing? They are SO cute
  • Quote: I would think they would have a file for each of us and track that info?
    My clinic does this. They also measure body comp each week.
  • Quote: Novak - thanks for the info. I read that too. I just shared the in-depth Phase 3 sheet with the doc which also plainly states that. I was told by the girls at the front desk when I hit my goal weight that I needed to lose 3 more pounds since in the end you gain those 3 pounds back. Oh well I guess. That place is a mad house sometimes. I wish they would keep track of something! My bf just started (had his second weigh in on Monday) and he keeps forgetting/misplacing his sheet with the measurements on it. I would think they would have a file for each of us and track that info? The only thing they do I can't do at home is weigh me because I don't have a scale. Going to buy one this week though. Glad you're back - you were missed!
    I was very surprised that our clinic did not keep a file. That's when I decided if they were expecting me to haul my own paperwork back and forth, I might as well do weigh-ins and measurements at home and keep the data and variables consistent. If I was visiting a real coach or nutritionist or someone else I thought would actually add some value, I might approach this differently. But that is clearly not the case. Bottom line is, don't believe everything they tell you.

And hey, if you want a good scale, check out the one Birman displayed her lovely toes on a few weeks back. (I have the same model.)
  • Quote: Novak - thanks I wish they would keep track of something! My bf just started (had his second weigh in on Monday) and he keeps forgetting/misplacing his sheet with the measurements on it. I would think they would have a file for each of us and track that info?

MuayThaiGoddess - Thanks for the post! I have to go back to your post from yesterday, but I'd like to know what's wrong with coffee?
    my clinic keeps sheets with all my measurements for each weigh in - i just have a summary sheet with the main measurments on it.

Coffee - why aren't we allowed coffee? I was also curious about this one - is it the caffeine, do the IP folks just not think it's good for you or is there some scientific reason?? I asked my coach and they didn't know, i e-mailed the IP people and they gave me the "if you drink one cup of coffee you must compensate with an extra cup of water" line. when i questioned further as to why - no response. So i looked it up and did some searching - bottom line, it's the caffeine - the caffeine does something to your insulin levels - we're not allowed it for that reason and neither are diabetics.
  • You don't get big girl panties(weight ticker) till you've been here 20 days.
    My clinic has a folder for each client. Band mom....thanks for letting us know about the linebacker. I was thinking that weight was high for your height, but it is really interesting to me about body builds. I have 4 inches on you and would look wonderful at my goal of 140....but, most people would have no idea I weighed over 200. I'm sure it's the heighth. That's why this board is so fun. Would love to see pics like Jordanna's when each of us finishes.
  • BlueMermaid Just went to the website you mentioned - some of the info I had been told but not all of it.
    My Q is to everyone==
    On that website it says not to eat after 8pm. My Doc said to eat the last IP right before bedtime so you burn fat all night. Some nights this is 11pm or later and I don't even want the bloody thing. So, what is everyone else doing?
    When do you have your 3rd IP???
  • Quote: Cinnamon, I'm not sure you received accurate information. Please see excerpt below from interview with pharmacist and IP Clinical Director Mike Ciell regarding the IP diet:

Mike Ciell: There are different phases of the protocol. Length depends on how much you want to lose. Most men will lose 5-6 pounds a week. Most women will lose 3-4 pounds a week. Phases I and II of the protocol are the weight loss phases.

Phase III reintroduces some complex carbs, which will add around 3 pounds of weight, so I tell people to lose 3 pounds more than their ideal weight because that 3 pounds will come back with the addition of complex carbs in the diet at the end.

Once people reach their ideal weights, they may return to Phase I and II every year or so for a couple of weeks as maintenance. I do a maintenance program myself at least every year, and I have never had more energy or fewer health problems.
    Thanks, Novak, that's good to know.
  • WyoSun- Body composition is WEIRD. I am at 210 and in a loose 16 right now. My daughter is at 121 and is a size 0. I guess we are just from large stock.

Bootcamp? What is bootcamp? We don't have this at the office I go to. They start you on 1 restrictive packet and 2 - 4 non restrictive packets a day. I do 1R and 2-3 NonRs and still lose weight. I wonder why everyone has different information. I guess it doesn't matter as long as we are losing weight...right?

I was also told that if you drink 8oz of coffee that you have to add 8oz of water. I like water (AND MY COFFEE) so I just do the added water.
  • Quote: Hi Everyone-

I am fairly new to IP (just ended week 3) and on the scale at the doctor's office I was down 11 lbs. I am pretty pleased but I am finding that I am really hungry this week. I am hoping this passes. Did anyone else experience this? Any encouragement would be helpful!

Thanks for this thread...it is really nice to see other people on this wonderful program
    Welcome, Band Mom. I can't remember about Week 3, but I'm kinda hungry today and am developing a headache and dizziness. I might need to take an extra potassium for a few days? I just took 2 Excedrin Migraine. Is that bad? By way of encouragement, I am not usually like this, and I'm in week 12. Was that 11 pounds in one week?! Or 11 total?
  • Mom22- I really liked your post about doing this program for ourselves. Very motivating. Thanks so much for the info on the tea singles and acid issue. I have some of the tea sucrolose mixture, Arizona brand, that I was going to try, but think I will hold off. There is so much that goes in to whether we lose, how much we lose etc. Quite complicated. By the way, I have just completed my 3rd week, and also lost a little over 11#. It's fun to find someone who is tracking like you are.

WyoSun- You are brave going to Olive Garden! Look how it paid off though. Good job.

SylvieG- I just saw how much you have lost - Wow! Hang in there.

Novak- You really have willpower to do so well while gone. I have an upcoming trip and am watching for ideas on how to manage.

I am really trying to do everything per plan this week and went back to measuring my food and veggies. Less coffee, more water. I would like to see a larger loss on the scale.
  • i buy the walmart brand of peach tea cups. i think it's probably crystal light wannabees? but cheaper! that's how i get so much water down.
  • Quote: BTW - How do you add that weight ticker thing? They are SO cute
    You can't get one until after 25 posts and 20 days on the forum, but you can go ahead (I think) and make one up. Click on "quick links" above, then click on "signature weight tracker" and it'll walk you through the steps. Be sure to save it at the bottom so you don't have to do it all over again. Then it will magically appear after you have reached your quotas.

By the way, I love your avatar.
  • BevS - That is 11 pounds total (I wish it was one week) week #1 I was down 5, week #2 1.5, and week #3 4.5. Not sure what the stall was on week #2 ?

Well I will look forward to having a ticker until then I will be happy with the funny avatar. I am a meaty girl but I do love to work out (3-4 times a week)

Thanks for all the support today...it does make it easier to know that others are out the battling the buldge!
  • thanks
    Quote: This is a website I came across when I first started IP. I think it has some useful information and may answer some of the questions you all are having. It has some of the same information we have in our packets we received from our coach but it also has some other things. I have not read it for awhile and am planning on reviewing it myself.

http://www.ihpweightloss.com/

Here is sentence out of the supplement section on this website. The supplement they are talking about here is potassium.

Remember our dieters are required to consume 4 cups of vegetables, two green salads and a portion of whole protein per day.
    hey blue mermaid

thanks for posting the website, there is alot of cool information from people experienced with implementing the program. Another good source for information. thanks for posting it. More information is always useful and wanted!