3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Chat - Week of March 22nd - 28th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/197397-ip-chat-week-march-22nd-28th.html)

SylvieG 03-24-2010 02:37 PM

Josh - Scott: Congratulations to both of you for setting the bar SO high! Even if our bodies don't lose weight the same way, it is making this weighloss possible!

Week 2 (after Disney) weigh-in shows another 5# gone! In 2 weeks, this adds up to 13#... Cannot wait to be under 150!

Since August 4, 2009, this almost makes me 80# less... May try to reach 100# but not sure yet how motivation will keep up... That would leave 22 pounds to go!!

Novak 03-24-2010 02:43 PM

"Slow" losers

If anyone is concerned that losing 10 pounds a month isn't fast enough, please read the following testimonial from IP coach Laurel Beatty:

I was the first initial dieter in our practice. (The guinea pig) I had gone through menopause, gained weight and was feeling depressed. No matter what I did the pounds just did not come off. After 3 years of procrastinating I finally found the Ideal Protein foods. In only 2 months I lost 20 pounds. My body fat went from 33% to under 20%. Today I even weigh less than when I met my husband which was 22 years ago. I have more energy, feel much happier and am more confident. After 12 months I have kept the weight off. Not only has the program helped me to lose weight, but also I have learned about food combinations, and what to eat to stay healthy and keep the weight off. As a coach it has been so rewarding to help our patients not only lose weight but to help them get off of their statin drugs, improve blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol and blood pressure. This program has changed my life as well as the lives of so many of our patients.

sam0617 03-24-2010 04:01 PM

Does anyone know is the IP program the same for men as it is for women? Are the food portions the same and the amount of IP packs per day the same?

ohbrandi 03-24-2010 04:15 PM

i do believe it's exactly the same

fluffymama 03-24-2010 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=joshb;3214439]Well guys its official this morning, ive lost 100 lbs. on this diet!
I have never cheated while on this diet, and its been like..5 months!
Keep your mind to the diet and you can achieve anything!
I still have a ways to go but its big step for me! =D[/QUO

THIS NEWS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

RJC 03-24-2010 04:25 PM

Had the Chili today....it was REALLY good.

May pick up a few more packets of it this week at my weigh-in!

Hope to be close to 230 on Friday....... :devil:

Mom22 03-24-2010 04:25 PM

Hello all - just caught up on the posts. So many of you are losing as well as having NSV. Congratulations. Sorry in advance for the long post but i'm feeling really chatty today.

When I hear some who are getting discouraged because they feel that they aren't losing fast enough or not losing as much as others, it brings me back to some of the posts by the "old timers" back in January. These feelings seem to be a stage that many dieters experience. You've settled in to the diet, but it's starting to seem like you've been at it for a while; you're starting to see the cost add up,maybe you're not losing as much as others every week, and you're ready for the diet to be over.

Let's face it, this diet does spoil you - you really expect to lose that 3-7 lbs every week and when you don't you're disappointed. Crazy... Remember other diets when losing 1 lb was cause for celebration?

I went through these feelings too - but i started the end of October and experienced it back in Feb. I perservered and got through it. Except for the first two weeks, i never lost those huge amounts. But I have lost - lost pounds and inches - every single week - even when i made a couple of poor choices. I stalled at one point too and almost cried when I weighed in and had only lost 1 lb - I remember thinking - I just spent $90 to lose 1 lb - didn't cheat or have any foods that i shouldn't have. I tried the carb bootcamp approach (less than 25 carbs/day) but what really kick started my loss again was more food - but low fat protein not chips and junk.

Instead of comparing my losses to what others were getting, I spent more time enjoying the change in me - find an old picture of yourself - you'll be amazed at the difference - catch a glimpse of yourself in a store window - notice how much you've changed. And I never wore my old fat clothes - once they were baggy, i stopped wearing them. I figured, I'm working at this hard, i'm going to make sure my clothes reflect the changes - I might wear the same two pairs of pants over and over again - but they fit and look so small that i'm still amazed.

I'm .3 lbs from my goal weight - yes .3! When I weighed in I was hoping that's I'd make it this week - my coach laughed and asked if I wanted to go pee to see if that would make a difference - I said - oh I already did that. I'm not worried at all. I'm in phase 3 and still losing - only 1.1 lbs this week but I'll take it. i could stay here for a good long time, it's so easy. Cost is not an issue - 1 IP packet a day - and only because they're easy. I figure I'll be in maintenance right away and then maybe in the fall i'll lose another few pounds. Right now I'm thinking that I could weigh less but always in the back of my mind i remember when i was 200 lbs and 150 was a distant dream. But here I am - one pound at a time, one week at a time...

Mom22 03-24-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJC (Post 3216377)
Had the Chili today....it was REALLY good.

May pick up a few more packets of it this week at my weigh-in!

Hope to be close to 230 on Friday....... :devil:

The chilli is really good made into soup too - just more liquid.

And JoshB - I'm so amazingly proud of you - I remember when you started this diet - you have made such incredible progress - good on you!

ohbrandi 03-24-2010 04:30 PM

i love me some JOSHB!! he's who got me started on this and i can't wait to give him a huge hug after it's all done! he's my hero :)

fluffymama 03-24-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess (Post 3215194)
Today was my official week 2 weigh in date and I lost 6 pounds this week, and 8 inches. Which brings my total loss for the past two weeks to 15 pounds and 17 inches. Not too bad for getting started. :)

that is great! wonderful loss!!

fluffymama 03-24-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddiegirl (Post 3215300)
Hello Everyone,
I have been enjoying all of your encouraging words here during my first 2 weeks on IP and have finally decided to join in with you all.
It has been easy and hard. But I find being in touch with the reality of where I was heading with out doing something drastic about my weight keeps me focused on what I am doing now.
I was wondering... does anyone chew gum? I know we are not suppose to but sometimes I just have to pop a piece into my mouth. Is there any type better then any other?
By the way I have lost 14 lb so far.

I use the Listerine breath strips and someone on here mentioned the mini sugar free Altoids the other day and I've tried them out too. Not as great as gum, but is better than nothing!:D

steelgal 03-24-2010 04:39 PM

Good afternoon IP friends,
I'm at work today and jusy getting to get on to say hi!
I was reading somewhere in the posts that someone was staying away from the restictives and only using the non-restictives, if you have a few a week,(restictives) not every day, does it slow down the loss process?

This is my 4th week and I have had a couple of the restrictives (no more than one a day).
I have to wiegh in 2 days early as my coached changed the day, (better for me, I hated Saturday AM's) so I'm hoping for even a small loss and inches tomorrow!
Thanks much for your input!
Juile

Chaplains wifey 03-24-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom22 (Post 3216378)
Hello all - just caught up on the posts. So many of you are losing as well as having NSV. Congratulations. Sorry in advance for the long post but i'm feeling really chatty today.

When I hear some who are getting discouraged because they feel that they aren't losing fast enough or not losing as much as others, it brings me back to some of the posts by the "old timers" back in January. These feelings seem to be a stage that many dieters experience. You've settled in to the diet, but it's starting to seem like you've been at it for a while; you're starting to see the cost add up,maybe you're not losing as much as others every week, and you're ready for the diet to be over.

Let's face it, this diet does spoil you - you really expect to lose that 3-7 lbs every week and when you don't you're disappointed. Crazy... Remember other diets when losing 1 lb was cause for celebration?

I went through these feelings too - but i started the end of October and experienced it back in Feb. I perservered and got through it. Except for the first two weeks, i never lost those huge amounts. But I have lost - lost pounds and inches - every single week - even when i made a couple of poor choices. I stalled at one point too and almost cried when I weighed in and had only lost 1 lb - I remember thinking - I just spent $90 to lose 1 lb - didn't cheat or have any foods that i shouldn't have. I tried the carb bootcamp approach (less than 25 carbs/day) but what really kick started my loss again was more food - but low fat protein not chips and junk.

Instead of comparing my losses to what others were getting, I spent more time enjoying the change in me - find an old picture of yourself - you'll be amazed at the difference - catch a glimpse of yourself in a store window - notice how much you've changed. And I never wore my old fat clothes - once they were baggy, i stopped wearing them. I figured, I'm working at this hard, i'm going to make sure my clothes reflect the changes - I might wear the same two pairs of pants over and over again - but they fit and look so small that i'm still amazed.

I'm .3 lbs from my goal weight - yes .3! When I weighed in I was hoping that's I'd make it this week - my coach laughed and asked if I wanted to go pee to see if that would make a difference - I said - oh I already did that. I'm not worried at all. I'm in phase 3 and still losing - only 1.1 lbs this week but I'll take it. i could stay here for a good long time, it's so easy. Cost is not an issue - 1 IP packet a day - and only because they're easy. I figure I'll be in maintenance right away and then maybe in the fall i'll lose another few pounds. Right now I'm thinking that I could weigh less but always in the back of my mind i remember when i was 200 lbs and 150 was a distant dream. But here I am - one pound at a time, one week at a time...

Thank you ! I needed to hear all that ! Congragulations ! You have done awesome . You are a great encouragement to me .

shellylou 03-24-2010 05:13 PM

Have to post...had my weigh in today and after 6 weeks I have lost 20.2 pounds and 30.25 inches..Am real motivated!!!!

CinnamonSparkles 03-24-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Mom22 - you are great! .3 pounds away! Heehee, "Go pee." "I already did that!" You sound like me! I like your attitude about the clothing. If it doesn't fit, don't wear it anymore! :D

I would personally just round that .3 down (the IRS lets us do it on taxes!) and say that you have hit your goal weight!!!

Good job!
:dancer: :goodvibes :dancer: :high: :bubbles: :cheer2: :cheer2: :sunny: