Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #181  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Congrats on 50 lbs Want2Run!! That's so great! You must feel fantastic I can't wait to get to 50!!
Thanks Jordanna. You inspire me to stay true to the protocol. I am jealous of the amount of time it has taken you to lose your 40. I know that this will take time compared to what I want, but I have to remember that it is working more than anything else I have tried.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
ITS not the carbonation, its the aspartame- that will mess you up big time. carbonation can inhibit sports proformance but not diet. diet coke with splenda would be okay but tastes funny. I know for a fact the diet rite tangerine does NOT affect ketosis... i did my own little experiment.... but i did have a diet sprite when i was very nauseous one day and it threw me out of ketosis for half a day. it is the aspartame. water IS best tho.
Hi, MTG, you may be right about the aspartame. I don't ingest the stuff myself. It gives me migraines. But the citric acid in the diet sprite could also have knocked you out of ketosis. Of course, it's in the diet rite too. On p. 114 in The ketogenic diet: a complete guide for the dieter and practitioner by Lyle McDonald you can read about it. It's online.

Last edited by BevS; 03-18-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #183  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, fluffy, I was just reading about diet sodas. The studies say that most diet sodas don't inhibit weight loss. But the sodium in them could cause some people to retain water. And the carbonation can keep women's bodies from using calcium. The study actually said more than 2 sodas a day would do this, but that it wouldn't hurt men's absorption of calcium. Weird, huh?
well whatever it is I hate it because I LOVE my diet coke!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Default Happy Thursday All!

Just finished catching up on posts and again, have to say this is my favorite part of my morning ritual!

Jordanna-I was LOL when you mentioned the vanilla pudding is like cake batter. It is one of my favorites, and I couldn't put my finger on why I like it so much until you posted that it tastes like cake batter...BINGO!!! Totally made me smile .

Stacerp- from your profile pic, it looks like you are a Doodle owner? Me too! Just love our Daisygirl.

Major NSV for me yesterday- when cleaning out my closet last week, I found 3 pairs of jeans from 5 years ago. All designer and pretty expensive, which is why I held onto them for so long. Anyway, yesterday, I figured what the heck, I'm gonna see how far I can get them up my thighs..remembering that about once a year when I was feeling skinny, I would pull them out and couldn't get them past my knees. WELL--They FIT!!! Truthfully, they look a bit trashy--still need either 5 more pounds or a good stomach flu--but I was able to get them up and buttoned even!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow!!! Have a great day, all!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
i have found that the tangerine diet rite sodas have no affect on my ketosis what so ever- made with splenda- and one night i was having an ... er "experiment"... drinking them and then testing my ketones afterwards and i was still in high/ moderate burn... through all THREE OF THEM...... purely for scientific research I tell you... what a sacrifice- but i mainly drink kangen water all day and they actually have a weight loss protocol which i can do with the ideal protein and it is supposted to accelerate my weight loss... i just got the 3 different PH balances and am trying to get the routine down but you would NOT BELIEVE THE RESULTS these women get by doing the weight loss protocol with kangen water- it resets your stomach's digestive acids- and best of all ITS FREE!!
What is Kangen water ?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate87 View Post
I don't know if anyone has tried the peach mango drink, but I ordered it and thought it was disgusting!! I have the cookbook and there's a recipe where you combine jello and the peach mango drink, seperate it into 2 servings and then refrigerate it. It turns into 3 pretty colors and tastes pretty good! That's one of my new snacks I can make and have in the fridge..... and it's a nice change
I LOVE the peach/mango drink but I fill my shaker almost all the way with water and then add the mix. It dilutes it to a much better level of flavor.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #187  

Height: 5'10"

I may have to try the peach/mango again with more water. It left me with a bad aftertaste the first time I tried it. And come to think of it, it was early on in the program too. I think my taste buds have adjusted quite a bit. :-)
Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #188  

Height: 5'10"

Want2Run - WOOHOO! Congratulations on your 50 pound mark! I'm very happy for you.

Good luck to all weighing in today!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #189  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
WAY TO GO CARLA!!! FEELSS GOOD DOESN'T IT? Our stats are almost identical! I was 206 and went down to 197 my first weigh in! and yes this diet is different!!! keep up the good work!! FEELS GOOD TO BE OUT OF 200 DOESN'T IT???
It feels amazing!!!!!! I noticed our stats are similar. Also, I remember what you said about people thinkging you weigh less than you do because of your muscle tone and I am the same way. I finally told my husband how much I weighed when I started and he was actually speechless. I think once the fat is gone, I will have a nice tone body because I do work out regularly. I did a class from you know where last night called Willpower and Grace. Its the equivelant to 500 squats. I'm pretty sure I won't be walking tomorrow

I'll be tracking your stats MTG and I believe someone else is just as close. I can't remember who at the moment!!

Last edited by carlasherea; 03-18-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #190  

Height: 5.8

Morning all, Just popping on before I head out to the night shift at the clinic.

There were a lot of great results yesterday so consider this one HUGE congratulations to everyone who had a great WI, hit the 50 pound mark, had NSVs etc. You are all so inspiring!

Third week and I am plugging along. I am deep in ketosis but I was super hungry yesterday so I was a bit worried. My coach told me to eat a little more at supper and I felt better. I have been given the go ahead to go back to the gym but she told me no intense workouts etc but alteast I can do classes and toning.

I tried the vanilla pudding last night and ended up throwing it out. I couldnt stomach it, it tasted like cake batter. Weird how many people love it and I cant even finish it. So Im going to stick to my vanilla shakes, jello and occasional chocolate shake. I tried the omelette, took a bite and threw it out too. Im having a hard time finding things I like on IP but thank goodness I have 3 things I can fall back on.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
KImAnn

***Week 1- 14 pounds
***Week 2 -4 pounds...50 pounds more and Ill achieve my goal of being a smokin hot bride on Sept 18****
Old 03-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #191  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
I've a couple of slow weeks recently and wanted to share that I finally hit the 50lb lost mark. I've had a block against that number and it feels good to get past it. Onward and down!!!!
awesome job!!! congrat's!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
Jordanna-I was LOL when you mentioned the vanilla pudding is like cake batter. It is one of my favorites, and I couldn't put my finger on why I like it so much until you posted that it tastes like cake batter...BINGO!!! Totally made me smile .

Major NSV for me yesterday- when cleaning out my closet last week, I found 3 pairs of jeans from 5 years ago. All designer and pretty expensive, which is why I held onto them for so long. Anyway, yesterday, I figured what the heck, I'm gonna see how far I can get them up my thighs..remembering that about once a year when I was feeling skinny, I would pull them out and couldn't get them past my knees. WELL--They FIT!!! Truthfully, they look a bit trashy--still need either 5 more pounds or a good stomach flu--but I was able to get them up and buttoned even!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow!!! Have a great day, all!!!
Libby -
I love the vanilla pudding too, it's my very favorite (and probably for that exact reason)

Congrats on the NSV, I was happy when my Old Navy Jeans fit again, never mind expensive designer jeans!

Good luck at your weigh in, I'm sure you'll do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Thanks Jordanna. You inspire me to stay true to the protocol. I am jealous of the amount of time it has taken you to lose your 40. I know that this will take time compared to what I want, but I have to remember that it is working more than anything else I have tried.
I think you're doing amazing want2run!! I think sometimes it's easy for us to lose hope when we have a long way to go but we'll get there!! I wrote a post on my blog about that just last night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Weigh in yesterday. Very happy with my results this week! Lost 4.5 lbs! Bringing my total to date as 39.5 lbs!! Woo Hoo!!!! So happy I couldn't stop grinning! this is the lowest I have weighed in years!

Had another NSV moment yesterday as well - without even realizing what I was doing, I actually sprinted up the stairs at work! And was not out of breath at the top! YESSSS!!!!

Good luck to everyone on your weigh in's! Have a great day everyone!

Kris -

Congrats on your loss!! That's fantastic Next week you'll be over 40 lbs down, that's awesome, you're doing so great!!

Well done with the sprinting up the stairs, it's amazing how we don't realize how much that extra 40 lbs had been effecting us until we aren't carrying it anymore!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #193  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post

I tried the vanilla pudding last night and ended up throwing it out. I couldnt stomach it, it tasted like cake batter. Weird how many people love it and I cant even finish it. So Im going to stick to my vanilla shakes, jello and occasional chocolate shake. I tried the omelette, took a bite and threw it out too. Im having a hard time finding things I like on IP but thank goodness I have 3 things I can fall back on.
Hey Sassy - I use the vanilla pudding as a larger shake. I put between 8 - 10 oz of water in it, add a dash of vanilla & 2 tsp of instant decaf coffee and it's so good I've never actually had it as a pudding!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Today for a change I took a package of vanilla pudding and a package of chocolate pudding and mixed the powders together. I then split it back out in to 2 - 28 g servings and made a drink out of it. It's sweeter and creamer than chocolate on it's own and not as sweet or cake batter like as vanilla on it's own. I really like it for a nice change!

I might even take the other serving and make it into an actual pudding for a change!
That's a really good idea...whenever I have ordered a milk shake I always got a "black and white". I am going to try this as I tend to stick to puddings quite a bit.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #195  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

I don't drink diet soda normally -- I have been using it on this diet when I really want wine with friends and I'm sick of water and iced tea. Seems the splenda kind doesn't hurt my ketosis or weight loss but I am not having very much of it. Maybe 2 glasses a week. It really tastes like such a treat ... I consider it the lesser of 2 evils!
Also, the longer I go, the more I am limiting what IP foods
I order. I'm pretty much on the vanilla box drinks with an occasional bar or crispy cereal. I have a long way to go but
boy will I like phase 2 when you can have protein at lunch.
Otherwise, is this the best diet or what?? It's kind of a no brainer... and for busy people that is great. At the end of 5 weeks and no real cheats to speak of. Can't remember ANY diet where that was true and I think I have done them all!

And what is kangen water????????????

Kate87 I am finishing week 5 today too. Aren't you thrilled with your results?

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 03-18-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Closed Thread