Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
According to my sheet, we can have soya beans, and when I googled it, they had a picture of edamame and listed this as a common form of soya. I've been sprinkling a little sea salt on and counting them in my two cups of veggies, what I'm not sure of is whether we count just the bean or the pod and bean when measuring, so I'm using the bean and pod and going a little over to split the difference. Not an exact science, but I love edamame!!!
I love edemame too...however, when I asked my coach she said it was a no, because it is considered a bean. I was so saddened. I looked at the nutritional ingredients on the bag of frozen at my grocery store and although the protien count was high, so was the calories. Not sure if it was just the brand I had, but I decided to not eat it. That being said, if you find that you are eating it and it isn't having a negative impact on your loss I say go for it!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #122  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Yinyang Yes there are splenda sodas -- seems more things are being sweetened with splenda. Weight Watchers Soda and Diet Rite Pure Zero (I like the tangerine and black cherry flavors.) are two examples. I've even found soda with splenda in small glass bottles - don't remember the brand. Thanks for reminding me about Mrs. Dash- I need to try it. I don't do much prep. Really wish I was more organized like you are.
Birman-thanks for the vote of confidence! You are doing great too!!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Tricia- I know how hard it can be to go out to eat. I usually drink unsweetened ice tea, even when I am not on this plan. Is there such a thing as soda sweetened with Splenda? I did find some Arizona brand green tea that has splenda and I drink it iced.

What do you all do to prep for your week food wise? I try to have all my lettuce cleaned and in large ziploks, and then have a ziplock with cut up veggies to add to my salad. Otherwise it takes so long to get a meal up and going. I have roasted veggies with sea salt and olive oil, and Mrs. Dash the leftovers work great to put on top of my salad.
Hi, yinyang, my adult son drinks Diet Rite. It is sweetened with Splenda as well as acesulfame potassium. It does not contain aspartame. It comes in several different flavors. My son is partial to the tangerine flavor.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Yinyang Yes there are splenda sodas -- seems more things are being sweetened with splenda. Weight Watchers Soda and Diet Rite Pure Zero (I like the tangerine and black cherry flavors.) are two examples. I've even found soda with splenda in small glass bottles - don't remember the brand. Thanks for reminding me about Mrs. Dash- I need to try it. I don't do much prep. Really wish I was more organized like you are.
Birman-thanks for the vote of confidence! You are doing great too!!
Have you asked your coaches about Diet Rite . I took one in at my weigh in on tuesday ans asked about it and she told me no .She couldnt remember why but she said there was something in them we couldnt have . I really am not to impressed with my coach so I dont know if I really trust she knows what she is talking about . She said we could have one diet sada made by Hansons . what does eevryone else think about this ?
Old 03-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #125  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Tricia- I know how hard it can be to go out to eat. I usually drink unsweetened ice tea, even when I am not on this plan. Is there such a thing as soda sweetened with Splenda? I did find some Arizona brand green tea that has splenda and I drink it iced.

What do you all do to prep for your week food wise? I try to have all my lettuce cleaned and in large ziploks, and then have a ziplock with cut up veggies to add to my salad. Otherwise it takes so long to get a meal up and going. I have roasted veggies with sea salt and olive oil, and Mrs. Dash the leftovers work great to put on top of my salad.
I prep all my vegetables over the weekend. I cut them up and put them into individual ziploc bags. I slice up cucumbers and zucchini and chop tomato, onion, green bell pepper, green onion, mushrooms, etc... I buy packages of mixed greens and hearts of romaine. While I'm making my omelet in the morning, I can just throw a salad together for lunch. I always keep frozen shrimp in the house. That way, even if I don't have time to run to the store for fresh meats, I can still make dinner.

I buy meat (chicken, pork tenderloin, steak) and cut them into 5 oz portions in advance and put them into individual ziploc bags.

All this prepping at one time on the weekend is kind of a pain, but it sure makes the week easier when everything is ready to go.

As for what to drink, when I started IP I gave up soda. Period. I am a Dr. Pepper junky. I would literally go weeks at a time without drinking ANYTHING but Dr. Pepper. Now, either an IP drink or water. That's it. So I don't ever have to think about what to drink. I always have a bottle of water with me now wherever I go. I never knew until I gave up soda, how bad I felt while drinking it. I'm not saying that everyone should give up soda...just saying I'm glad I did.

Scott
Old 03-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Just a quick NSV post. I tucked my shirt in today!!!! First time in many, many years.

Gotta go...
how exciting ! congragulations !
Old 03-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #127  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Just had my first weigh in. I couldn't even look! I just told her to tell me if its good or bad. She laughed and said "It's Good"

7.8 lbs my first week on IP. I am so very proud and also convinced that there is something different about this diet.

She will measure me next week. I can't wait to hear about the inches. I notice that more than the weight.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #128  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, yinyang, my adult son drinks Diet Rite. It is sweetened with Splenda as well as acesulfame potassium. It does not contain aspartame. It comes in several different flavors. My son is partial to the tangerine flavor.
I'm for sure going to try and find that! Some meals just don't taste right with water. I miss my Diet Pepsi
Old 03-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #129  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Tried the MIracle Noodles the other night. The verdict is still out on them. Didn't taste bad, but the texture was a little gross! Bought 4 packages so will have to suck it up and get creative! lol! Was a good filler though for nominal carbs and calories. Just one little tip - do not smell the product before you rinse them. One word - DISGUSTING!!! lol!
Tried these also. They are available in big health food stores as Shiritaki noodles. They are usually in the soy cheese section because they are made from tofu.
They smell like fish until you rinse them. Hold your nose and rinse well.

I then "dried" them by throwing them into a dry saucepan and stirring them around until all the steam was about gone. Then I added olive oil and saute'd them. I used them like spaghetti under a serving of ground turkey and stewed tomatoes with Italian spices.

Very satisfying and no fish taste at all.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:37 PM   #130  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

End of week 4 and weigh in tomorrow morning. I can't ever remember being excited about a weigh in.

Last edited by sam0617; 03-17-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #131  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Have you asked your coaches about Diet Rite . I took one in at my weigh in on tuesday ans asked about it and she told me no .She couldnt remember why but she said there was something in them we couldnt have . I really am not to impressed with my coach so I dont know if I really trust she knows what she is talking about . She said we could have one diet sada made by Hansons . what does eevryone else think about this ?
my coach said that the diet drinks will SLOW DOWN your weight loss, the carbonation is the killer! I believe her because I was in a rut for a couple of weeks and I completely cut out the diet coke and finally I lost 3 lbs again! I miss it, really I do, because I am a diet coke addict, but with what were paying every week for food, it is not worth the stall in weight loss.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #132  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Just had my first weigh in. I couldn't even look! I just told her to tell me if its good or bad. She laughed and said "It's Good"

7.8 lbs my first week on IP. I am so very proud and also convinced that there is something different about this diet.

She will measure me next week. I can't wait to hear about the inches. I notice that more than the weight.
see girl, I told ya you'd do great! Congrats on a super weight loss! that is how much I lost on my first week!!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #133  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Goddess, Yes the Wii is fun. There is a little bit of eveything on it. But....my scale said I went down 1 1/2 lbs. today and the little guy on Wii said I went up 1/2 lb. Not a big deal, just frustrating!!! There are games for balance, aerobics, training and lots more. I do most of mine in the morning, then DH and I do some in the evenings, too. You can set goals and keep track of calories burned and time spent excersizing. It is way better than the treadmill, although I still walk on it too, occassionally. Our winters are just too long. We still have snow, you know. My daughter is 25, so that tells you where I fit in the age scheme of things. I have the big 55 coming up the end of the month.
Hope everyone is having a great day. Supposed to be in the 60's here today. Going to spend some time outside today before we get more snow tomorrow.
I have been racking my brain, but can't figure it out....what is DH?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #134  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

YEA Carla....you go girl I'm so excited for you.

I am home most of the time, so prep is pretty easy for me. I do cut the meat into 5 oz. portions and freeze in baggies. I also try to take care of the veggies when I get home from the store. I find myself eating cukes most of the time because they are easy and I love them. Now that is the really lazy!!!! I also keep a bag of frozen around since I can't always get good fresh stuff in my small town. When I have to be away I drink a prepared vanilla shake and take a cuke. I like herb tea and can drink that hot or cold, but mostly I have just been sticking to the water, water, water....does get kinda old. But, I do notice it when I am not drinking enough now.

We gave up pop(soda to some of you) when my son started into high school sports. The coach didn't want the kids drinking it so I quit buying it. Not saying that I didn't enjoy a vanilla diet pepsi once in a while, but it wasn't hard to give up totally for me. When I read what it can do to you and how it makes you feel. WOW. Not being critical.......I know it is the staple for a lot of people. You know, that could be some of the icky feelings some are experiencing the first couple weeks.....withdrawal.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #135  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
I have been racking my brain, but can't figure it out....what is DH?
If I'm not mistaken, it stands for "darling husband" or "dear husband".
Closed Thread