Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Tried the MIracle Noodles the other night. The verdict is still out on them. Didn't taste bad, but the texture was a little gross! Bought 4 packages so will have to suck it up and get creative! lol! Was a good filler though for nominal carbs and calories. Just one little tip - do not smell the product before you rinse them. One word - DISGUSTING!!! lol!
LOL After you finish off your 4 packages of Miracle Noodles, get some Tofu Shirataki noodles. They too smell bad before you rinse them. But they are much more enjoyable to eat, in my opinion. When I was on IP I got to the point where I was eating them every day. Now that I have switched over to a less stringent diet where I am actually allowed whole wheat pasta, I am still eating the Tofu Shirataki noodles every day. I've gotten to really enjoy them.

Congrats on your super NSV's by the way, Mystical Mamma!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #32  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Way to go dad!!! You know, you could pick up a a couple pairs of 36" pants while at Goodwill to tide you over.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey all! Congratulations on all the weigh loss and NSV's this last week! I had my weigh in yesterday and I was down 4.4 pounds! I am so excited to be in the 160s My next goal is to weigh less than my husband, which hasn't been the case for the last 4 years (he weighs about 162).
Old 03-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

so had chicken soup for lunch again, which I wasn't crazy about last time, but I have the packets so have to eat it, this time I made it a little thinner and added Mrs. Dash and some veggies, she is my savior. Mrs. Dash has such great flavors and makes bad things good, at least more than just edible. I will have to try this with the leek soup too. (I like the mushroom) I only have two Mrs. Dash flavors right now, but I will need to expand into more I think, for variety.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
so had chicken soup for lunch again, which I wasn't crazy about last time, but I have the packets so have to eat it, this time I made it a little thinner and added Mrs. Dash and some veggies, she is my savior. Mrs. Dash has such great flavors and makes bad things good, at least more than just edible. I will have to try this with the leek soup too. (I like the mushroom) I only have two Mrs. Dash flavors right now, but I will need to expand into more I think, for variety.
Babs, I am not a huge fan of the soup either and so what I decided to try something new. I sauteed some vegetables and put them in a small baking dish (corningware) and then mixed up the leek soup with a little less water and poured it over the veggies and baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes. It was really good (and I REALLY dislike the soup)! I am going to try it with the mushroom soup today.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Babs, I am not a huge fan of the soup either and so what I decided to try something new. I sauteed some vegetables and put them in a small baking dish (corningware) and then mixed up the leek soup with a little less water and poured it over the veggies and baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes. It was really good (and I REALLY dislike the soup)! I am going to try it with the mushroom soup today.
I'll have to try that, I'll probably have to pre-cook the veggies at night to bring to work, but I like the idea. And I'm really not a fan of the leek soup either. Did you use any spices at all?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #37  

Height: 5'10"

Dad I think it's Awesome you are running out of pants! What a great predicament to be in! I'm getting there with my work clothes, I have 3 pair of work pants that fit right now. I'm amazed that a pair of dress pants that did not fit me the week before I started IP are now so loose I have to stop wearing them.

My weigh in today showed 5.4 pounds gone. WOOHOO! Just under 20 pounds in three weeks. I keep using the word amazing...it's the only one that seems to fit the situation. Week 3 was much better for me than weeks 1 and 2. I'm in the groove now. Look out world, I'm on my way!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #38  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Does anyone know what we can take for a sore throat and cold symptoms on this diet ? Not feeling to well today but afraid to take anything . Thanks .
I also had a horrible cold and sore throat and I took DayQuill gel tabs for 4 days and it did not have a negative impact on my weight loss. I would stay away from any syrups or liquid remedies.
Feel better!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #39  

MysticalMamma- What fun to go down in sizes so much. I just bought some things, and I have no idea where I will land size wise, so tried to pick thengs that were an easy fit, or easy to tailor later.

Chaplains wifey-Welcome and congratulations for your super loss.

I have to agree with Carla about weighing at home several times a week. For some reason my weight seems to go up and down during the week, and it does get discouraging. I am going to try to stop that.

Dad- you must feel great! Go shopping!

I did something that was pretty stupid last weekend. I saw we could have pork, so I cooked a ham last weekend and ate it twice. I weighed this morning and I had been down at least 2# more than this morning. I was thinking what I ate that could have done that and.......of course, the ham. Ham is not the pork they are talking about I am sure. Most hams have additives that are likely starchy and sugary. Won't be doing that again. I weighin tonight and I likely will be disappointed.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #40  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
MysticalMamma- What fun to go down in sizes so much. I just bought some things, and I have no idea where I will land size wise, so tried to pick thengs that were an easy fit, or easy to tailor later.

Chaplains wifey-Welcome and congratulations for your super loss.

I have to agree with Carla about weighing at home several times a week. For some reason my weight seems to go up and down during the week, and it does get discouraging. I am going to try to stop that.

Dad- you must feel great! Go shopping!

I did something that was pretty stupid last weekend. I saw we could have pork, so I cooked a ham last weekend and ate it twice. I weighed this morning and I had been down at least 2# more than this morning. I was thinking what I ate that could have done that and.......of course, the ham. Ham is not the pork they are talking about I am sure. Most hams have additives that are likely starchy and sugary. Won't be doing that again. I weighin tonight and I likely will be disappointed.
Funny you should mention ham. My sheet says we can have fat free cooked ham. Bought some at Trader Joe's yesterday and while I was having steamed shrimp and cauliflower for dinner, the ham looked so good, I cut off
some and had it with my shrimp. It tasted great and seemed like a cheat. I had gained today too. Not much, but the scale was up. I will go read the package now. It is a cured ham steak. Only 1 carb, 4 fat &17 protein-110 calories. Guess it isn't fat free!! :-(

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 03-16-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Chaplains wifey-- 9 weeks and 50 lbs. Way to Go!!
Your husband will be shocked, won't he? You must feel wonderful.

Still hoping some creative person will tell me what to do with my WF peanut butter and jelly. Without bread, I am lost...
Try making the ip crepe (I usually thin mine out) and roll them up like a wrap.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #42  

Height: 5'8

So my wedding outfit was ready today, finally. I ordered it before i went on IP. I went to try it on and it is way too big for me. I was in India last month and got it done there and they shipped it to me!!!! I cant believe how big it is and how big i was just one month ago. It looked pretty funny as i was trying to hold on to the skirt to keep it up. Now I will have to go and find a tailor. What a pain!!!! It feels goo though to know i am losing lots of inches.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #43  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

floorshine-- you don't really mean what a pain, do you?? I think it's wonderful news-- a smaller bride, what's better than that? You must feel great!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 195/185/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I'm kind of new to this blog thing, but I've been on Ideal Protein for a few weeks now and really love the pre-made vanilla shake. My coach doesn't allow me to have it more than once a day though, said it's not good. Is it true that if I have it 2-3 times a day, that it will mess with the system? Any help is appreciated!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #45  

Height: 5.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorshine View Post
So my wedding outfit was ready today, finally. I ordered it before i went on IP. I went to try it on and it is way too big for me. I was in India last month and got it done there and they shipped it to me!!!! I cant believe how big it is and how big i was just one month ago. It looked pretty funny as i was trying to hold on to the skirt to keep it up. Now I will have to go and find a tailor. What a pain!!!! It feels goo though to know i am losing lots of inches.
Floorshine Im in the same boat as you. I have been told to prepare that my dream wedding dress may have to be completly re-done to make it fit me or I may have to re-order my dress in June in a smaller size for my Sept wedding. My FH was a bit upset at the thought of incurring more expense for our wedding but hey, money well spent to be a smokin hot (smaller) bride.

Keep up the great work and congrats on your weight loss

KImAnn

***week 1 - 14 pounds
***week 2- 4 pounds..only 50 more pounds til Im a smokin hot bride on Sept 18****
Closed Thread