Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #16  

Height: 5'10"

Weigh in today at 11:30. It feels like I'm not losing, but when I checked at home I'm down again. It's strange, I told my husband other than my clothes being lose (and my work pants are practically falliing off) I don't feel any different yet. Well....I feel healthier and I'm sleeping better, but I don't feel smaller yet. *sigh* This too will come, I know. Funny how I want it to all be right now!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #17  

Height: 5.8

Good Morning everyone! Just popping online before heading out for a hike with my FH and the dog. Its our last day of our mini vacation and the weather is so incredible that I want to take advantage of it before heading back to work tomorrow.

I had my Week 2 WI and I lost 4 pounds. Im happy with that result since all week I was up and down. Im beinging measured tomorrow so Im excited to see how many inches have been lost. I tried on a pair of pants that I couldn't even get done up and they are loose so I know this diet works.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and suggestions, it sure helped. Here's to a great week 3 for me and a wonderful week for you all.

KImAnn

***Week 1 -14 pounds
***Week 2- 4 pounds

Only 51 pounds more to lose before Im a smokin hot bride on Sept 18*****
Old 03-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Following

I have been on this diet for almost 9 weeks now and have lost 50 lbs . I still have 40 lbs to loose . I have been following this chat site but have not posted anything till now . My husband is a chaplain in the army and has been deployed to Iraq for the last 6 months and will be returning for his R&R in May for two weeks . I am hoping to loose another 20 lbs by then . I have gone from a size 22 to a size 14 . This site has been great . My coach pretty much weighs me and sells the food . No body fat or anything like that .Im starting at the gym this week and a little nervous about that . Glad to be here ! Everyone is doing great !
Old 03-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #19  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Chaplains wifey-- 9 weeks and 50 lbs. Way to Go!!
Your husband will be shocked, won't he? You must feel wonderful.

Still hoping some creative person will tell me what to do with my WF peanut butter and jelly. Without bread, I am lost...
Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #20  

Height: 5'8

Hey there everyone

I have been reading this site for awhile now and decided to join IP. I am getting married in July and would like to lose 30-40 pounds by then. I have 60 pounds to lose total but i am setting a realistic goal i think for july. My first weigh in I lost 9.4 pounds which i think is fantastic. My second weigh in is on friday. I know it is unhealthy but i am constantly going on the scale everyday( maybe multiple times a day) to see how much i weigh and this week i seem to be going up and down. I havent cheated at all which im really happy about. Ive had no craving and i feel like i have tons of energy. I am glad i found people who are in the same boat as i am. I am finding it very encouaging to read all your posts.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #21  

He knows Im loosing weight but I dont think he really knows how much and how diffrent I look . Im very excited for our reuinion in May ! Im not sure about the WF peanutbutter and Jelly . Ive heard that people put it on their pancakes and crepes .I havnt tried it . Good luck !
Old 03-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #22  

Does anyone know what we can take for a sore throat and cold symptoms on this diet ? Not feeling to well today but afraid to take anything . Thanks .
Old 03-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #23  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorshine View Post
Hey there everyone

I have been reading this site for awhile now and decided to join IP. I am getting married in July and would like to lose 30-40 pounds by then. I have 60 pounds to lose total but i am setting a realistic goal i think for july. My first weigh in I lost 9.4 pounds which i think is fantastic. My second weigh in is on friday. I know it is unhealthy but i am constantly going on the scale everyday( maybe multiple times a day) to see how much i weigh and this week i seem to be going up and down. I havent cheated at all which im really happy about. Ive had no craving and i feel like i have tons of energy. I am glad i found people who are in the same boat as i am. I am finding it very encouaging to read all your posts.
I think weighing everyday can be very hurtful to your diet. I for one would get very discouraged if I kept seeing that I was going up and then down when I know that I am eating like I am supposed to and following the plan. Seeing numbers go up would make me want to cheat because "Its not working anyway!" I am committed to only weighing at my Doctor's office. I haven't had my weigh in yet, I go tomorrow I am hoping there is a loss on the scale, but if not "THE SCALE LIES, TRUST YOUR SIZE"

I can tell the difference in all my clothes
Old 03-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Wow - so many great weigh in results this week and super NSV's!! Weigh to Go everyone!

And a big congrats to all those who entered Onederland! Yahoo!!!!

Had a few of my own NSV's this weekend.

1) Went through closets and dressers and purged 3 very large garbage bags of clothes that are way too big for me! YAYYY!!!! Donated them to someone on freecycle! Felt awesome!

2) Bought a few items of clothing to hold me over and had a really hard time finding my correct size! After a few tries, finally settled on a relaxed 18 or snug 16 pants and XL shirts! YESSSS!!! This from a 3X shirt and size 22-24 pant!

What a great feeling to fit into smaller clothes and feel good about myself!
Congrats Kris - doesn't it feel amazing to fit into smaller clothes!! I had the same NSV this week too and I keep slipping on my jeans and marvel that they do up!!

Quote:
Tried the MIracle Noodles the other night. The verdict is still out on them. Didn't taste bad, but the texture was a little gross! Bought 4 packages so will have to suck it up and get creative! lol! Was a good filler though for nominal carbs and calories. Just one little tip - do not smell the product before you rinse them. One word - DISGUSTING!!! lol!
Ya the noodles are alright hey....not amazing but not terrible. I put them in stir fries, kind of chopped up and they aren't so bad
Old 03-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Does anyone know what we can take for a sore throat and cold symptoms on this diet ? Not feeling to well today but afraid to take anything . Thanks .
My coach says to use sepocol throat spray (sorry if I'm not spelling it right)
Old 03-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post

Still hoping some creative person will tell me what to do with my WF peanut butter and jelly. Without bread, I am lost...
I put the jelly on crepes, and though I'm not a fan of peanut butter and celery, my boyfriend eats regular pb with celery, in fact that's the only way he'll eat celery.

On a side note I have to bring in a dish for a office birthday celebration at the end of the week, the theme is mexican, I was racking my brains, then said, ooh, taco salad, I can eat that, i'll make regular taco meat for everyone else, use veggie chili for me, and just put toppings like cheese on the side so everyone can make their own, yay mexican!!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Natural medicines are usually best I would think, I work for a company that makes homeopathics (we only sell to health care practitioners, sort of like IP) but you can go in most local health food stores (non-chains) or many independent pharmacies and you should be able to find something homeopathic, these products work awesome and have no side affects at all!!! I'm crediting them with making sure I have no constipation problems or anything like that on this diet.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #28  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
quick comment about using the puddings or cappuccino with coffee. I do this every morning and they are delish! (I like to use the choc pudding rather then the cocoa as it has fewer carbs and less sodium.) I mix it in large coffee mug with cold water (use more water for the pudding to make it less thick) heat in microwave for 1 minute, then add in my coffee. Never lumpy - always great! However I did try using hot water first before, and was a total disaster. The product separated and actually looked like it curdled. Not appetizing at all!
I made the hot coffee with powder mistake this weekend. I still drank it because I am cheap and lazy, but it was NOT appitizing looking and the chunks of vanilla pudding were not too tasty. Lesson learned.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #29  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

It is really hard not to weigh every day. I've been doing that, too. I started with Wii Fit Plus over the weekend. They have this thing that weighs you. Of course it is going to fluctuate and I could just kill that shrill little voice when it says "you gained a little today" Dirty little sucker....

Goddess....I read your post and I know this diet is difficult when there are other family members to consider. Have you thought about trying to get the rest of your family to eat healthier? I don't mean cold turkey, but changing some of their snacks slowly. Maybe Kix instead of Fruit Loops or real cheese or popcorn instead of Cheez Its(those are my favorite, too)or fruit instead of cookies. Just thinking about this being a life changing situation for everyone. I know in my family we had lots of mashed potatoes, gravy, sweets, etc. I was skin over bones till about 30. And then you all know what happened. I never learned to eat right. So, I am trying to change that. My daughter has always had a weight problem and she has learned to eat healthy(in spite of my cooking). So, I am going to save the "good" stuff for special occassions and try to keep on track with healthy food for my family most of the time. So far I am not getting any flack. DH and I both need to keep our cholesteral down and we are looking forward to the health fair in a couple months so we can see just how well we are doing. Maybe if you wean your kids off the junk they will learn how important it is to eat healthy. My girlfriend and her daughter are on IP also. Her daughter is 15 and struggles because of school, sports and friends. But, one thing she said was that she really noticed how much "junk" everyone eats all the time. She never realized it until she wasn't eating it, too. Sorry this got so long. Goddess, how old are your kids?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #30  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Default Cleaned out the closet last night...

For the past several months, I've been alternating each day between only 2 pairs of jeans...size 42 inch waist. I only bought them because I couldn't fit into any of my 40s and refused to buy more than 2 because I didn't want to spend money on fat clothes.

I was able to quit wearing those 42s last month, and now all of my 40s are too big. I can put them on and take them off while snapped and zipped. Without a belt, they just fall off.

Now I can wear all of my 38s...some are a little loose, some are a little snug. Funny how different brands are with sizing.

I have 3 bags of clothes ready for Goodwill and lots of empty closet space.

The problem: I have no 36s. A couple years ago I convinced myself I'd never be thin again and that hanging on to 36s was just stupid. In a few weeks, I won't have any pants. That will be the first time I've ever not been able to fit into anything I own and had to go shopping for SMALLER clothes.

This program is amazing! I still find it hard to believe how much weight has come off and how quickly it has happened. There's a little extra hop in my step today.

Thanks for listening and stay on track!
Closed Thread