IP Chat - Week of March 15 - 21st

You're on Page 18 of 34
Go to
  • WooHoo WyoSun and RJC! Congratulations on your success!
  • Quote: Pierre!
    We lived in Pierre for a couple of years (15 years ago). We still have relatives there (the Nold's).
  • We grew up here, got married & moved away, and moved back here in 1991. I know who the Nold's are.
  • Congrats RJC. I see you are steadily going down. Our bodies are all so different in how they process food, etc. If I had my DH metabolism I'd have lost 25 lbs. by now. I'm good as long as I can see some progress. I'm not looking forward to that plateau that I'm sure will show up somewhere along the line.

Thanks everyone for the congrats. It means a lot. As has been said before, I love this forum and the support that is here.
  • Just finished WI and am down 2.5...not the best, but I will take it!!! Was really hoping to break 150 today, but sitting at 150 is fine by me. Especially considering that 6 weeks ago I was at 170. Down 20 pounds=ave. 3.3 pounds a week.
  • Alright libbyshims.....good job. Halfway there is totally exciting!!!!!
  • Quote: Just finished WI and am down 2.5...not the best, but I will take it!!! Was really hoping to break 150 today, but sitting at 150 is fine by me. Especially considering that 6 weeks ago I was at 170. Down 20 pounds=ave. 3.3 pounds a week.
    Wowzers! Great job, Libby! I have my goal at 150 (would love to see the scale say 135, but we will see how I look at 150). Any words of wisdom?
  • I do find it interesting that I seem to be losing a little more (at least the last couple weeks) than I did when I started. No complaints, just odd.

When I hit 225 I will probably adjust my goal. I really didn't think I'd hit 225 so not sure what it will be. I'm thinking 215ish which for my build would be pretty lean.
  • I am sooo glad that you guys post and have your weights out there for everyone to see. I think that is motivating to lose that much weekly or at least average it out. I am hoping that I will take some more pics in 3 weeks after my vacation. That is really motivating.
  • Quote: Wowzers! Great job, Libby! I have my goal at 150 (would love to see the scale say 135, but we will see how I look at 150). Any words of wisdom?
    Thanks guys for the words of support! My goal is 130, but my stretch goal would be 125--this is what I weighed when I got married in 1994. Would love to put on the ol' dress again just for kicks--lol!

As far as words of wisdom go, I still feel like a newbie at week 6. I take it one day at a time and measure success in NSV's...people commenting on how good I look, donating old clothes, and yes, those skinny jeans that have been mocking me for the last 5 years!

When I started this diet, it was for vanity reasons. Meeting up with old friends in Vegas that I haven't seen for 2 years. One of my best friends is celebrating turning 40 and I didn't want to go. The reason? I didn't want them to see how much I had gained and certainly didn't want to be seen at the pool next to all the skinnies! My sister in law (who lives in Canada) was on the diet and lost 34 pounds. When my hubby saw her, he called me and said that we needed to try it. So we did it together. We both look and feel the best that we have in years--that is the motivation for us to keep going. He is able to cheat and still lose (bugger), but I vowed that the first time I was going to have 'the forbidden food/drink' was when I go to Vegas.

So here I am, 20 pounds lighter and going to Vegas in 3 weeks. My goal is to be 140 for when we go, but even if I can't get those 10 pounds in the next 3 weeks, I don't care, because I will be lighter than I am today and that is good enough for me.

I can't tell you what this site has meant in my success. It is such a blessing to be on this journey with all of you!!!!

Have a great weekend! I am going bra shopping tonight. (One of the downsides of IP--boobies have also shrunk!!! )
  • Just had Lindora chicken noodle soup. Really quite good. Hubby wants to celebrate my loss with a movie tonight. Sweet guy!! That popcorn smell is going to be a little rough, but we will eat supper right before we go.
  • libbyshims - You are so right! You look the best you've felt in a while, and you feel the best too. : So do I!! I saw a friend from college and I was thankful for IP. I would have wanted to avoid seeing him if I had the extra weight that I was carrying around. Isn't it so nice to feel so good? I don't know if it's the diet or what but I'm so happy today, I feel like a ray of sunshine. I'm so glad you're here and sharing your journey with us. Also I love the picture of your dog. I'd better get a picture of my dog up here so you all can see. You might get to 140 before Vegas, but it doesn't really matter one way or the other. I love your attitude!
  • Congrats to everyone out there who has done so awesome this week with all their weigh-in, etc. Way to go. Even a lb. is motivation to keep going.

Jordanna - you look awesome - wow!!

It usually takes me about 30 lbs. before people have even noticed I have
    lost weight - seems strange, but . . . I know I am doing this for me and also health reason, but it is nice when people start to notice.

I don't seem to have as much energy as lots of you are talking about - I am into week 3. Should I wait awhile before I add another potassium? Can we damage our kidneys/liver by doing this?

I sometimes get "restless" legs, and have started experiencing those at night again, plus dreaming - OMG - i don't feel like I'm getting any sleep, just dream after dream after dream (plus lots of having to get up and go pee).

I might try some of the bars for a treat. Let me know your vote for best flavoured bar.

Take Care -
  • Quote: I might try some of the bars for a treat. Let me know your vote for best flavoured bar.
    I've only had 3 bars (they came with my first week package), but I did rate everything that I tried for the first time. It looks like I really liked the Vanilla Peanut Bar. Have you ever tried the chocolate soy crisps? I had them last week when I was craving Easter candy in a terrible way. Yummola! They taste like Whoppers. I got another package of them yesterday to have on hand if we go to the movies. My plan is to buy a big, fat pickle for the first half of the movie and then have the choco soy crisps for the second half!
  • WyoSun -
    Quote:
    Just got back and I lost 5.6 lb.!! This was my 3rd weigh in. I'm pretty pumped. I have increased my loss each week.
    Wow! What a great loss!! It's so cool that you are losing more each week! Good job on the 5.6 lb loss!

RJC -
    Quote:
    -3 this week for me!
    Woot! Good job!!! 3 pounds = 10,500 calories. Woah!

Chaplains wifey -
    Quote:
    Good job everyone . So encouraging to hear everyones success for the week . Im a little worried about my next weigh in . I have been so sick this week and very weak . I have been taking Dayquil and Im a little worried its going to affect my weigh in . Also I walk at least 3 miles a day and have not done that this week because I have felt so bad . Just trying to keep up with the kids schedule and get my self better has been hard this week . Only 6 weeks and my husband will be home for two weeks from Iraq ! So excited . I have lost 55 lbs and hope to loose another 20 lbs before he comes home .
    55 pounds is amazing! I bet your husband will be astounded when he sees you! So sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.