Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #526  

Wow. So many posts. Far too many to go back through and read.

I've had a difficult month 2 in weight loss and it looks like I might be boycotting the scale in Month 3 and just focus on the plan, not the number.

I have gone into onederland, none of my clothes fit, and everyone seems to think I am "shrinking into nothing". I guess all of those things are okay.

How do you all stay motivated and move past a slump in the diet?

I feel good and confident about what I am doing....the scale just isn't showing it, so clearly I am doing something wrong.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #527  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
So-- weigh in this morning. Down 4.4 lbs. I have lost 23 pounds in 31 days.
Birman-- you and I are in about the same place. Go us!! Have lost 12 pounds of fat. The doc said to be sure to have 3 IPs and 5 or 7 ounces of protein each day so I keep losing fat and not muscle. Last week I lost all fat- this week I lost 1/2 pound of muscle.
So, at the grocery store on the way home I bought WF peanut butter and jelly. What do I put it on?? Celery?? yuck. I don't have the IP crepes - any other ideas?
Stacerp I almost bought the WF ketchup but it looked so runny in the bottle and the color is strange. Now I want to buy it since you said it is ok. I really miss ketchup.
I agree with sam0617. Great info and help here at this site. I'm not saying too much to my friends yet about my diet. It's great to have a shared goal with everyone here== no explaining or justifying or defending the diet needed. I told one girlfriend about IP. She tried to talk me into a different diet. Not helpful!
I bought the WF ketchup and hated it! It was so gross!!!! I am a ketchup fiend and ended up getting the Heinz reduced sugar ketcup instead. It's sooooo yummy! I wouldn't recommend the WF kind at all!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #528  

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Wow. So many posts. Far too many to go back through and read.

I've had a difficult month 2 in weight loss and it looks like I might be boycotting the scale in Month 3 and just focus on the plan, not the number.

I have gone into onederland, none of my clothes fit, and everyone seems to think I am "shrinking into nothing". I guess all of those things are okay.

How do you all stay motivated and move past a slump in the diet?

I feel good and confident about what I am doing....the scale just isn't showing it, so clearly I am doing something wrong.
You are still averaging 3 pounds a week. That is good! Don't let the scale get you down. You are looking better and your body is much healthier. As long as the scale is moving down you should be happy. Stick to the plan and you will probably see some good losses in the upcoming weeks! You can do it!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #529  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
Aspartame is probably the WORST sweeetner out there for you.
Ive read that it attacks like everything in your system and unfortunately its in ALOT of diet things.
We are allowed Sucralose = Splenda though.
ASPERTAME IS EXTEMELY DANGEROUS...research and find out more. Yes, the FDA did approve it but not because they have your best interest in mind. It is not only in diet things but in ALL KINDS OF THINGS even regular foods and medications. It is also listed as other names. Do a Google search and find out the real truth of this stuff.... A friend the other day was telling me she knew somebody that was involved in the development of aspertame and said they won't let it in their own house, what does that tell you?

JoshB, you are sooo right, this is absolutely the worst out there. Splenda has it's dangers too,...yes, I know it's in many IP products and I researched this before hand. I figured it's more dangerous for me to be overweight than to consume some of this in small amounts...IF YOU WANT A SAFE SWEETENER, LOOK FOR STEVIA! And it has to be real stevia, not that Truvia stuff (that is processed stevia with additives and I think it actually has sugar components attached to it). STEVIA, if you are not used to it, may take some getting used to but it's now being put in more products (soda, gum, etc.) because people are demanding it. People are finally figuring out that the processed crap out there is making them sick and fat..that happened to me. Stevia comes in packets, shakers (like seasonings) and in liquid form. Through Netrition.com, you can buy it in flavors. If a store carries it, it generally is not in the baking isle but in the heathfood or organic section. I am currently using the packets of it from Nature's Bounty (tastes better to me than some of the others I've tried) and Stevia Sweetleaf liquid.

I know I am on a rant here and maybe many of you disagree, but I only tell you this because I care about all of you. This IP program is about losing weight but also an opportunity to start taking better care of ourselves and commit to eating healthy.

Ok. I'm done and getting off soap box now.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #530  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
You are still averaging 3 pounds a week. That is good! Don't let the scale get you down. You are looking better and your body is much healthier. As long as the scale is moving down you should be happy. Stick to the plan and you will probably see some good losses in the upcoming weeks! You can do it!
Thanks. I had high hopes of averaging 5lbs a week, was okay with 4lbs a week, but then something happened. (ie. Life)

Anyone found any particular foods affect their loss (good or bad)?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #531  

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Thanks. I had high hopes of averaging 5lbs a week, was okay with 4lbs a week, but then something happened. (ie. Life)

Anyone found any particular foods affect their loss (good or bad)?
I have backed off on how much splenda I have during the day. I am trying to just have 2 packets with my coffee in the morning. I am having some water retention in my legs but I think it is due to sitting at work all day and then I stand at home when I am looking at this addicting website. I have not been losing 5 pounds a week. I am happy if I get 3 because I have had a few 2.5, 2.6 numbers. I knew the 5 pounds a week would be a stretch so I planned on 3 pounds a week. I think you are doing great!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #532  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Well thanks again to everyone for the kind birthday wishes. My day was GREAT! My husband got up with the baby and let me stay in bed, I wasn't sleeping but I did finish the book I've been reading and he brought me breakfast in bed (Vanilla pudding as a shake with Instant Decaf Coffee in it - my fav).

This afternoon we went and saw Alice in Wonderland. Dustin had popcorn and I had my bbq soy puffs as a birthday treat. Then we went out for dinner where I had steak and crab legs with a side of asparagus. Delicious.

I'm very proud of myself considering I was planning on going off plan for my birthday and then decided against it! Plus I really really really wanted popcorn
Wow. That's funny. My wife and kids were out of town this past weekend so I went to see Alice In Wonderland in 3-D on an Imax screen with some friends. They had popcorn, I had the BBQ Soy Puffs.

They all know that I'm doing IP and have seen the results for themselves. No one tried to talk me out of doing IP, though to be honest, I didn't ask anyone what they thought about it. Didn't matter. Any way, enough of the tangent.

Just wanted to comment that we saw the same movie, were both dying for popcorn and both ate BBQ Soy Puffs instead. Funny.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #533  

Thanks to everyone for the info on aspartame. Something to check into.

Tonight I printed out two "inspiration" pictures that I saw from a recent vacation. I was horrified when I saw how fat and old and awful I looked. If I get a weak moment and want to go off program, a look at those pics should bring me back in line!

What little reminders do you use to keep on track and stop the evil thoughts to eat off the program?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #534  

Here's the link to this weeks chat - RJC was kind enough to remember to start a new thread!!

IP Chat - Week of March 15th
Old 03-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #535  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Okay, so one more question. I used a Ketostick today to see if I was in Ketosis. I really don't know if my results are good. (My friend is a diabetic, so I used one of hers) It showed the ketones to be in the "Moderate" range. Good or Bad?
moderate is great! youll have a hard time getting it higher- moderate is in perfect range, your system is burning up fat!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #536  
Goddess of Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Quick question: What is the reason we cannot have aspartime the artificial sweetner?
one simple reason is that it was inhibit your ketosis and stall your weight loss- its a very simple before and after- i had a diet sprite once 20oz when i was feeling really sick and went from a deep moderate on the ketostix to barely a trace- your body has no idea what the chemical is because it was man made in the 70's and so your ketosis is put on hold while your body figures out what to do with the stuff. and like all sweetners- they can cause sugar cravings instead of satisifying them- but thats not a big enough reason to ban it. it will slow your weightloss dramatically. not to mention a lot of other stuff...
Old 03-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #537  
Goddess of Research

Angry week 1 weigh in tommorrow

Well, tomorrow I go in for a weigh in with my IP coach (who is wonderful) I got on the scale today and I was down ten pounds so I hope maybe I can wow her with 11 or 12 pounds but maybe I am just really fantisizing. She said from the beginning that she thought that i would probably have weight loss and fat burning results more like the men do due to my muscle mass, and that was great news for me- because I can only hope to be losing 5-7 pounds a week, but we shall see since the diet has thrown me some serious health issues with migraines galore and extreme chronic fatigue- and during the third day i lost a chunk of my hair and have a bald spot but I don't think that was the diet but needless to say the coach and the doctor freaked a little.
Today, I have had in my hands giving my son Milano cookies and a blueberry scone, macaroni and cheese, cheez its, a sugar cookie box laying open- fruit loops and half the time i had to just hold my nose! its bad enough to have the stuff in your house but to have a whole box of cheeze its in your lap and trying to hold your breath.... WELL THAT JUST SUCKS! but i managed to not eat any of it. i started feeling really lousy and went on a brisk 40 minute walk with my son and felt a little better but i tell you i was SOOO close to just grabbing those cheeze its and sugar cookies and plopping inn front of the TV out of exhaustion more than anything!!! and the really really BIZARRE FREKIN ANNOYING AS **** THING is I didn't crave ANY OF THIS JUNK before I got on this diet, I used to not eat anything all day until night( i usuallly just forgot) and I used to make cookies and not even eat one because I just didn't feel like it. And now I feel like I have a chorus line singing to me from the cabinets and the pantry and I am like WHAT THE HECK? After i had my son I like "lost" my sweet tooth and NOW it wants to make a come back? serioiusly, i used to FORGET TO EAT ALL DAY and now its like being on the front lines. And I HAVE AN IRON WILL- and I guess I still do because I haven't cheated or anything but I never thought I would have to talk myself out of it. and i never expected to feel so lousy when everyone else starts feeling so "good" after they detox!!! GRRRR- I'm frustrated.
I'd appreciate any replies to anything.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #538  

S/C/G: 128.6/119.4/110

Height: 5'3''

Wyo Sky- you are absolutely right about aspartame, it is nasty nasty stuff! My sister did a report on it last year in her speech class and found out all the problems it can cause for a person's health and the shady way it was FDA approved. She also found out that the worst way to consume aspartame is through gum there are even aspartme detox centers now! But don't take our word for it everyone should definately google it, it's pretty crazy what health problems this stuff is causing!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 AM   #539  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Has anyone heard of the MATOL diet plan? It is identical to the Ideal Protein plan. Here is a website that has some great testimonials with before and after pictures. I thought the pics were motivating.

http://patticarey.matol.com/Corpo/Hc...spx?lang=EN_US
That is funny! How did you hear about it, BlueMermaid? The only differences I saw were that they encourage a once-a-week cheat and they have a liquid supplement (enzymes I think). Looks like the exact same protein packs. They even talk about Dr. Chann (sp?)
Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #540  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Well, tomorrow I go in for a weigh in with my IP coach (who is wonderful) I got on the scale today and I was down ten pounds so I hope maybe I can wow her with 11 or 12 pounds but maybe I am just really fantisizing. She said from the beginning that she thought that i would probably have weight loss and fat burning results more like the men do due to my muscle mass, and that was great news for me- because I can only hope to be losing 5-7 pounds a week, but we shall see since the diet has thrown me some serious health issues with migraines galore and extreme chronic fatigue- and during the third day i lost a chunk of my hair and have a bald spot but I don't think that was the diet but needless to say the coach and the doctor freaked a little.
Today, I have had in my hands giving my son Milano cookies and a blueberry scone, macaroni and cheese, cheez its, a sugar cookie box laying open- fruit loops and half the time i had to just hold my nose! its bad enough to have the stuff in your house but to have a whole box of cheeze its in your lap and trying to hold your breath.... WELL THAT JUST SUCKS! but i managed to not eat any of it. i started feeling really lousy and went on a brisk 40 minute walk with my son and felt a little better but i tell you i was SOOO close to just grabbing those cheeze its and sugar cookies and plopping inn front of the TV out of exhaustion more than anything!!! and the really really BIZARRE FREKIN ANNOYING AS **** THING is I didn't crave ANY OF THIS JUNK before I got on this diet, I used to not eat anything all day until night( i usuallly just forgot) and I used to make cookies and not even eat one because I just didn't feel like it. And now I feel like I have a chorus line singing to me from the cabinets and the pantry and I am like WHAT THE HECK? After i had my son I like "lost" my sweet tooth and NOW it wants to make a come back? serioiusly, i used to FORGET TO EAT ALL DAY and now its like being on the front lines. And I HAVE AN IRON WILL- and I guess I still do because I haven't cheated or anything but I never thought I would have to talk myself out of it. and i never expected to feel so lousy when everyone else starts feeling so "good" after they detox!!! GRRRR- I'm frustrated.
I'd appreciate any replies to anything.
Hang in there MuayThaiGoddess! You're a goddess, you don't need that junk. Do you think Athena had a chorus line on Mount Olympus trying to get her to eat Cheez-Its? No! But those are my personal favorite. However- remember all the money you sunk into this and the fact that you are getting healthier and doing something GREAT for your body! You can do it. You have an iron will and you sound stubborn too. That's one of my best qualities, if I do say so myself. I am laughing about your description of a choir singing from the cupboards. Do you drink coffee? Flavored decaf coffee (no sweetener) has been my saving grace. I never used to drink it. But it's such a nice change from water and it's allowed on this diet. Give it a try if you want a different taste and a little treat. You are doing great! It's cool that you get to walk so much at your job- I'm so jealous. I have to sit behind a desk all day doing IT analysis. Yet another reason to get off my butt and open my own business...

I'm so sorry your hair fell out!! What happened there? Check with your doctors- are you on any crazy medications? My friend Mandi had her hair fall out from chemotherapy drugs for her lupus/auto-immune disorder. Very scary. But she's stubborn too so she just shaved it all off and she looks really hot! But I want you to keep your hair in your head so you'd better de-stress a little. Do some deep breathing or meditation? I have to do more of that to calm down my crazy brain.

I'm going to jump over to the new thread. Jordanna posted the link above- everyone come along and join the party! Love you all.

Oh I just finished my coffee and it was glorious!

PS - MuayThaiGoddess - The first week of IP was awful for me. That's my motivation not to cheat - I don't want to go through it again. I was dead tired, dragging, just wanted to sleep every single day. I think after the 3rd week I felt much better and now I feel as normal as can be (minus the pain meds- ugh!). So the fact that you feel terrible I think is normal. What doesn't anyone warn us properly about these things? Also your weight loss is incredible- 10 pounds at LEAST!!!! WOW!!! Your coach is gonna faint!
Closed Thread