Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh, forgot to mention my NSV on Friday. I have been wearing my 'smaller' jeans so I thought I would take a chance and actually go try on jeans. I thought, "Well, this is going to be the cherry on the top of my day, or it's going to bring me crashing down.." It was great!! I timidly walked in the Buckle (where my size 2 & size 4 daughter's shop) and asked to try on some jeans. The girl had to keep bringing me smaller sizes! I actually bought a pair of Buckle jeans! I haven't done that since I was in college. My family was so proud of me. My husband said my butt looked so tiny. Wow!! True, it was a splurge since, hopefully, they will be too big in a few weeks, but I needed something to wear out that night. I wore my black, high-heeled, pointy-toed boots with them and I felt awesome
Old 03-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #377  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I was jumping around on this site and saw that someone was paying $7 a pkg. for the protein packets. Is this something we can discuss? I would be interested to know what others are paying. Mine are $4 each and if you buy a box you get $1.00 off. Moderator....please delete if this is not allowed.
I pay $4 a pack, or $27 a box. My center also offers a free pack if you email your order the day before and bring in your meal log for the week. Plus, they give a box for each referral.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #378  

At my weigh in I mentioned to my coach that I had been tired that week, but that could be attributed to my busy week at work. She looked at my meal log and said that she thought it might be because I had missed eating my 2 cups of vegetables for several meals. Sometimes I would only eat 1 cup with my salad, and sometimes only salad.

She said that the vegetables are factored into the total number of calories that we are to consume and if I don't eat them, I am getting significantly fewer calories than I should be (considering the low amount to start with). That makes total sense of me, so I will really try to get all my veggies in this week (even though that is what I am most tired of, already...)
Old 03-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #379  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
I had my second weigh in on Friday (two weeks was on Wednesday). I lost 3 more pounds and 13 inches! Yeah!!! That's a total of 14 pounds and 18 inches.
That is terrific loss for 2 weeks! Great job!

I have a friend who has a labradoodle and shih tzu that look alot like your avatar picture.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #380  

Quote:
Oh, forgot to mention my NSV on Friday. I have been wearing my 'smaller' jeans so I thought I would take a chance and actually go try on jeans. I thought, "Well, this is going to be the cherry on the top of my day, or it's going to bring me crashing down.." It was great!! I timidly walked in the Buckle (where my size 2 & size 4 daughter's shop) and asked to try on some jeans. The girl had to keep bringing me smaller sizes! I actually bought a pair of Buckle jeans! I haven't done that since I was in college. My family was so proud of me. My husband said my butt looked so tiny. Wow!! True, it was a splurge since, hopefully, they will be too big in a few weeks, but I needed something to wear out that night. I wore my black, high-heeled, pointy-toed boots with them and I felt awesome
Woohoo! I bet you looked awesome too! What a great feeling for you!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #381  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
That is terrific loss for 2 weeks! Great job!

I have a friend who has a labradoodle and shih tzu that look alot like your avatar picture.
Thanks, BlueMermaid! I am stoked!!

Actually, Tucker is a Goldendoodle and Howie is a Malshi (Maltese / Shih Tzu). Or a Sh**Mal as my hubby, who doesn't like having a little dog, calls him I love Labradoodles too.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #382  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
We really need to talk to someone whose coach can measure fat lost as opposed to muscle gained. I as a woman tend to build muscle fairly easy and have been athletic since high school. My theory is that if we are exercising, we are building muscle which weighs more than fat and will help our metabolism in the long run. However, it is kind of discouraging on the scale. Do you notice when you lift weights or do other exercise your body is not used to that your muscles are sore. When your muscles are sore your body encases them in water until they heal. The water will definitely make the numbers on the scale bigger. I am trying to ramp up my exercise, especially my weight lifting because I am feeling jiggly since the 30 pounds I have lost was making my skin tighter. I like to be able to see a little muscle definition when I wear a tank top or swim suit. Summer is coming!

Just my take on this.

My coach has a hand held body fat measure (I also bought one on Amazon for about $30). No clue how accurate it is but they swear by it. According to it I've lost only fat and no muscle (well under 1 pound of muscle) in the 15 pounds I've lost. Its a pretty hard task, I'd think, to build much muscle while losing weight.

I do buy the sore/water retention but it that were it, we'd see the slow number only 1 week as that water retention isn't cumulative (doesn't go up X pounds each and every week).
Old 03-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #383  
RJC

For the poster in Green River, WY....who are you buying through? I'm in RS.

I pay $4 a pack/ 28 per box. My coach will sell single packages, mix a box and take returns which has been very nice. My first week I had all single packages so I could try everything out. I've returned a few in later weeks.

I think this approach is good for them also. If I'd have bought a leak soup and the jello my first week and nothing else, there is no way I would have stuck to the diet.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #384  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
My coach has a hand held body fat measure (I also bought one on Amazon for about $30). No clue how accurate it is but they swear by it. According to it I've lost only fat and no muscle (well under 1 pound of muscle) in the 15 pounds I've lost. Its a pretty hard task, I'd think, to build much muscle while losing weight.
So is that the calipers that you pinch your skin with? Is it hard to do on yourself?

Edited to say: I went to middle school in Evanston and graduated in Casper. I used to play basketball against Rock Springs in middle school.

Last edited by stacerp; 03-14-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Added text.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #385  

Quote:
For the poster in Green River, WY....who are you buying through? I'm in RS.

I pay $4 a pack/ 28 per box. My coach will sell single packages, mix a box and take returns which has been very nice. My first week I had all single packages so I could try everything out. I've returned a few in later weeks.

I think this approach is good for them also. If I'd have bought a leak soup and the jello my first week and nothing else, there is no way I would have stuck to the diet.
I go to Dr. Arguello. I am really surprised you did not like the jello. Did you use boiling water to make it?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #386  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

stacerp....you are doing great. Our weight and goals are similiar....I have 3" on you though which helps me out. When did you start? I see you are my neighbor. Are you east or west river?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #387  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Stacerp-- Congrats to you!
It proves that nothing tastes as good as thin feels!! Bet those jeans looked great and heels with pointed toes made you look even thinner. In another month or so I will be there...I need a new outfit for an event this week and also one in early April. So hard to buy anything really nice right now when you know you've just begun your weight loss. Good for you -- I hope you bought tight jeans!
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #388  
RJC

Quote:
So is that the calipers that you pinch your skin with? Is it hard to do on yourself?

Edited to say: I went to middle school in Evanston and graduated in Casper. I used to play basketball against Rock Springs in middle school.
No its this (they have a higher end one but the readings are the same on mine when I do it before I go in):
http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-306-...3&sr=8-1-spell
Old 03-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #389  
RJC

Quote:
I go to Dr. Arguello. I am really surprised you did not like the jello. Did you use boiling water to make it?
I just don't care for the after taste that I've found in every drink (and jello) that I've tried except for the hot cappuccino. Puddings I like the chocolate (Vanilla has too much after taste).

Guess I'm pickier than I thought!
Old 03-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #390  

Quote:
I just don't care for the after taste that I've found in every drink (and jello) that I've tried except for the hot cappuccino. Puddings I like the chocolate (Vanilla has too much after taste).

Guess I'm pickier than I thought!
I am with you on the fruity drinks. I have jello almost every night as my snack. I use 8 ounces of water in it though.
Closed Thread