Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
Hey NewsieMom - sounds good to me.

A question to you, and or anyone else out there. I hope this does not sound rude to anyone, but is anyone worried about the lbs. lost and the what our bodies will look like with all that weight gone? Are we going to have great big hanging loose skin?

Also, if you are not hungry, do you need to have the extra protein packet snack at night?

Thanks, and Have a good day everyone!
Take Care -
My sister in law has lost almost 40 lbs. on the diet and doesn't have that loose skin look. I remember talking about this with my coach, and she said that you don't get the loose skin with this diet. Sorry, though, I can't remember why!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #167  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
(smile)

Regarding "beating", it wasn't exactly a fair competition since you started the week at 204, whereas I started at 200.4.

I have to say that I chuckled when I your post, Scott -- seeing the man / woman difference. While you were hoping to beat, I have been rooting for you to hurry up so we could celebrate together!

Thank you for the kudos. Lookin' forward to you joining me.
Yeah, sorry about that. I guess the competitive nature is a guy thing. I keep trying to find (make up) little challenges to motivate me. Didn't mean anything by it (as I'm sure you understand).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
PS: I have to admit that I was VERY excited to break 200. Called friends and family to tell them! (Yes, I'm odd.)
Really looking forward to 199 myself. I had to go to the allergy doctor today to get my allergy shot and was hoping they would put me on the scale to update my chart and notice how much I had lost since the last time they took my vitals.

Funny, I used to hate being weighed at doctor's offices, now I'm hoping they weigh me.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 128.6/119.4/110

Height: 5'3''

Just a quick not on the clinics who kick you out if you cheat twice My parent's (they go to a chiropractor for the diet) is the same way, and they do this because this diet is supposed to be followed to a T-this diet isn't just for weight loss it is for heath as well, and going in and out of ketosis is very unhealthy and could damage your liver or kidney's...this is why they will kick you out of the program, they want you to be serious about this and care about your health. This being said...I cheat every weekend...but just thought you might like to know why they do this!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
Hey NewsieMom - sounds good to me.

A question to you, and or anyone else out there. I hope this does not sound rude to anyone, but is anyone worried about the lbs. lost and the what our bodies will look like with all that weight gone? Are we going to have great big hanging loose skin?

Also, if you are not hungry, do you need to have the extra protein packet snack at night?

Thanks, and Have a good day everyone!
Take Care -
LJHA, I too have thought about the skin issue, but am hoping for the best. In regards to the IP packet at night, I was told you do need to eat the third one because the protein will feed your muscles through the night so they don't break down while you are sleeping.

I'm starving today and am not sure why. I'm trying to drink water like no one's business, but then end up spending half the day in the restroom. Uggh.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
LJHA, I too have thought about the skin issue, but am hoping for the best. In regards to the IP packet at night, I was told you do need to eat the third one because the protein will feed your muscles through the night so they don't break down while you are sleeping.

I'm starving today and am not sure why. I'm trying to drink water like no one's business, but then end up spending half the day in the restroom. Uggh.
Don't talk to me about the bathroom - I think I live in there, plus holding is not as good as it was in the old days before children - OK, now I gotta go too - thanks!!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #171  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I paid $100 for the initial consultation. I pay $4 for each pack of food. If you buy a box you get $1 off. The premixed drinks are $5 with $1.50 off for a 6 pkg. My coach charges $3.50 for the WF items. I have to go to SD to purchase. If I could purchase in WY there wouldn't be any sales tax. (no tax on food)...yeh, I know, the word food is a stretch.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #172  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I am so sorry to hear of your husband's cancer and loss of his brother. You have so much to deal with.

Are you seeing the water retention in your legs? My lower legs have been swollen with water. I just thought it was due to TOM. Who is testing your potassium? Is it a blood test?
Thank you for your condolences.

I don't see it in my legs. I see it on my wrist and ring finger.
I don't get TOM. I spent 6 years on heavy duty fertility drugs and went straight into menopause at 45.
I am having my blood work done in 2 weeks, but tomorrow I am seeing my Nutritionist who does Bio-Merdian Testing.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommySarah3 View Post
Just a quick not on the clinics who kick you out if you cheat twice My parent's (they go to a chiropractor for the diet) is the same way, and they do this because this diet is supposed to be followed to a T-this diet isn't just for weight loss it is for heath as well, and going in and out of ketosis is very unhealthy and could damage your liver or kidney's...this is why they will kick you out of the program, they want you to be serious about this and care about your health. This being said...I cheat every weekend...but just thought you might like to know why they do this!
Appreciate the info, Mommy Sarah! Still, even if it is true that going in and out of ketosis is very unhealthy, I don't buy that it's a good reason for kicking one out of the program. If the person is getting good weight loss results, they are not going to stop doing the diet just because their coach drops them. They will find a way to do it on their own. I'd say the more likely a patient will do risky behavior on a program, the MORE they need a coach -- not less. So no, I don't buy it that they drop you because they "care about your health." Also, if indeed it is true that an occasional cheat could cause liver or kidney damage, that should be disclosed to the patient up front.

(The patient could also be asked to sign a waiver to protect the practitioner from liability if they cheat.)
Old 03-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #174  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Hey everyone, just spent 2 hours catching up on the posts!! Congratulations on all the weight loss and NSV's! I'd be lost w/o this forum! All the advice and recipes help change things up a bit!

I work at a chiropractic office and the Dr. is beginning to sell IP. I went on the diet to be a testimonial to the patients and am helping her mainly w/ IP stuff when this takes off. We had training Friday with a rep from Chicago and I learned so much information. Our coach for the trial is in California and has been no help. It's really disppointing that you pay money and they seem to forget about you! I faxed our weightloss, measurements, and journal to him and never heard back. I am excited for April, I get to attend a level 2 training in Chicago because my boss will be out of town. As I learn more I will keep you all posted

I tried the vanilla pudding w/ instant coffee this morning, it was AMAZING!

Best of luck to everyone
Old 03-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
If I could purchase in WY there wouldn't be any sales tax. (no tax on food)...yeh, I know, the word food is a stretch.
LOL!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #176  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLMIKE View Post
Hi everyone, had a another good week this week. Another 4 lbs down. That is 31 in 6 weeks. Found a store here in Fort Lauderdale that sells all the Walden Farms products and i must admit the carmel is excellent. I take two teaspoons or that, along with my vanilla pudding, 1/2 cup of coffee, and put it in the blender for breakfast!! Hope everyone has a great week!
Congrats on your great number!

I live in Broward too. Where do they sell all Walden Farms? Publix only has a few of the dressings?

I got frustrated and was ready to buy online from WF, but they require a Google Account, which I really did not want to do. So I found American Diabetes Warehouse (ADW) that sells all WF products at about 26% off, plus I got a promo code for $12.00, and free shipping if over $100.00. I didn't buy $100 worth of WF, but my Husbands diabetes tests strips were much cheaper than CVS. Turns out ADW is in Pompano, but they wouldn't let me come pick my order up.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #177  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

I didn't realize that going in and out of keitosis was that dangerous. I agree that this should be made known upfront. That almost doesn't make any sense, but I'm also not in the health field... yet . I have felt "fat" all day due to my cheat. It's amazing what guilt will do to a person. I had a dream that I had gained my 19 back plus 100 more and woke up this morning half expecting it to be true. I won't be doing any more unplanned "cheating" for a while after all this LOL.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #178  

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the info MommySarah. Now I'm pondering my upcoming vacation. I plan on IP for breakfast and evening snack, and phase 2 for my meals. BUT. I also plan on drinking while I'm in Vegas. I know it will set me back on weight loss, but I don't want to damage my liver/kidneys. (Not that I'll be drinking enough to damage my liver, mind you...)
Old 03-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #179  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I just made the cutest mini meatloafs. I mixed 2 lbs. extra lean burger with an egg, onion, sea salt, pepper, some WF hot & spicy bbq sauce, 1/2 tsp. worchestire sauce and added a little chopped yellow pepper. I measured out 5 oz. and made little loaves. I get one, DH and DS get however many they want. I can't wait for supper!!!
I have been looking and can't find the recipes that pertain to IP. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks
Old 03-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommySarah3 View Post
Hi, MommySarah, I'm curious where you heard or read that it is unhealthy to go in and out of ketosis. Ketosis means you're burning fat and we do it all the time. From what I've read, it isn't dangerous. Only ketoacidosis in diabetics is something to be very concerned about. Dr. Michael Eades (an M.D. who is kind of an expert in the low-carb stuff) says it's probably not a good idea to carb cycle merely because it will slow down the weight loss, especially in middle-aged and older people. He says younger people can probably keep losing the weight just fine.
Closed Thread