Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #46  

Am buying more IP packets tomorrow..

Does anybody out there like the lemon or banana puddings? I've not tried them yet. Are they good straight out of the packet or do you ever add anything to them to "help" the taste?

Also, how is that berry yogurt drink?

Thanks for your tips!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Sky View Post

Does anybody out there like the lemon or banana puddings? I've not tried them yet. Are they good straight out of the packet or do you ever add anything to them to "help" the taste?

Thanks for your tips!
I don't care for the lemon and bananan puddings, they taste chemically to me. I really like the vanilla and butterscotch ones though. I add some cinnamon to them. I like the berry yogurt if I put it in the freezer for a little while.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #48  

Hey everyone - I had the cauliflower crusted pizza today. I have pictures and a review of it on my blog and compared it to my egg crusted pizza nutritionally
Old 03-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Are we allowed cooked onions? I got the impression that we weren't allowed to have them and I am having a hard time living without!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Wyo Sky -
I think the lemon pudding tastes really fake. Like artificial flavor. I still haven't tried the banana pudding.
I love the wildberry yogurt. I drink it every morning for breakfast- I use 8 ounces of water instead of the 6.5 or whatever it calls for.

Jordanna - congratulations on your 35.5 pounds!
Can't wait to check out your blog. Sounds delicious!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Are we allowed cooked onions? I got the impression that we weren't allowed to have them and I am having a hard time living without!
My coach told me that if you are going to cook onions not to saute or caramelize them, but to use them in soup, microwave or steam them etc isn't the end of the world...
Old 03-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #52  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

NSV: I joined the gym today. I want to start "slow and easy" so I went into the heated indoor pool and walked up and down the pool for 20 minutes and did some stretches.

I plan to build up to running on the treadmill and lifting weights. I am pretty much on Phase II of the diet but some days it's easier to do Phase I because there's only one meal to prepare.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
NSV: I joined the gym today. I want to start "slow and easy" so I went into the heated indoor pool and walked up and down the pool for 20 minutes and did some stretches.

I plan to build up to running on the treadmill and lifting weights. I am pretty much on Phase II of the diet but some days it's easier to do Phase I because there's only one meal to prepare.
Congrats Lilita - joining the gym is such a great step to continue on in a healthy lifestyle after the "diet" is over Plus it's going to get that last 9 off that little bit faster!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #54  

Well I just booked & paid for a 17 day cruise for April 2011. We're also going to spend a week in Florida before we head out on the cruise...that means I have just over a year to be at my goal weight, because there's no way I'm cruising as a fat kid
Old 03-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Sky View Post

Thanks for your tips!
I had the banana pudding today for breakfast. I added ice and almond extract to the shaker and then sprinkled cinnamon and nutmeg. It doesn't taste like the real thing but it is a change from the routine.

I love the Wildberry Yogurt. It was the first IP package I tried and it got me started on the right foot so it has a special place in my heart.

Haven't tried the lemon pudding.

I love the pre-made vanilla shakes 'cause I add orange extract flavoring and it tastes like a Dreamsicle. And I can grab one as I'm leaving the house.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Well I just booked & paid for a 17 day cruise for April 2011. We're also going to spend a week in Florida before we head out on the cruise...that means I have just over a year to be at my goal weight, because there's no way I'm cruising as a fat kid

Wow, Jordanna, that is planning well ahead! Imagine the wardrobe you get to wear! Sundresses, shorts, tank tops and SWIMSUITS!

I was wearing a swimsuit today at the gym and I realized that I didn't feel like I had to cover up as I walked out of the locker room into the pool area.

I have to mention to you that I have a 31 year old niece that has lost 60 pounds on IP since last August. That is only one of several IP success stories in my family.

Last edited by Lilita175; 03-08-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Wow, Jordanna, that is planning well ahead! Imagine the wardrobe you get to wear! Sundresses, shorts, tank tops and SWIMSUITS!

I was wearing a swimsuit today at the gym and I realized that I didn't feel like I had to cover up as I walked out of the locker room into the pool area.

I have to mention to you that I have a 31 year old niece that has lost 60 pounds on IP since last August. That is only one of several IP success stories in my family.
I was talking to my mum today about the cute sundresses I'll get to wear next year Very excited!! I've always been the wearing a hoodie in the hot summer weather because for some reason I think it's my fat girl invisibility cloak...because of course no one would notice I was fat as long as I wore a hoodie right!!?

That's fantastic that you are feeling so good about yourself that you didn't feel the need to cover yourself up - I can't wait to be there!!

Thanks for mentioning your neice, sometimes I feel like one of the only girls who has SO MUCH weight to lose
Old 03-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #58  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I was talking to my mum today about the cute sundresses I'll get to wear next year Very excited!! I've always been the wearing a hoodie in the hot summer weather because for some reason I think it's my fat girl invisibility cloak...because of course no one would notice I was fat as long as I wore a hoodie right!!?

That's fantastic that you are feeling so good about yourself that you didn't feel the need to cover yourself up - I can't wait to be there!!

Thanks for mentioning your neice, sometimes I feel like one of the only girls who has SO MUCH weight to lose
I have had shorts & swimsuits on my mind since the warm weather hit. I have warn jeans and hoodies as much as possible in the last few summers and I can't wait to change that this summer. I am so jealous of your cruise! I have been dreaming of going on one for quite some time... maybe next spring break! I looked at sundresses today.. I have high hopes for us! And even though you feel like you have a lot to lose, you are doing so great that it will be gone in no time!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I have had shorts & swimsuits on my mind since the warm weather hit. I have warn jeans and hoodies as much as possible in the last few summers and I can't wait to change that this summer. I am so jealous of your cruise! I have been dreaming of going on one for quite some time... maybe next spring break! I looked at sundresses today.. I have high hopes for us! And even though you feel like you have a lot to lose, you are doing so great that it will be gone in no time!
Thanks Rachel - you're doing wonderfully too, and I'm sure you're going to look amazing at the wedding!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:46 AM   #60  

i've just started IP (i'm on day 5). i'm not taking the vitamins like i'm supposed to because i don't do well with large vitamins. do i need to take them? i also have not purchased sea salt. what's the purpose of the sea salt?

i'm finding myself growing tired of so many vegetables already, but think i could enjoy them with the proper recipes for good dressings and stuff to saute in or spice them up with. (i bought several waldenfarms dressings and wish i'd saved my money. ick.)

i like the chocolate drink (although i can't figure out why it clumps sometimes when i'm only heating it for less than 40 seconds??) and the bars. the bars are good. i don't like the omelette mix much, mostly due to the texture of it.

the good news is that i can already tell i've lost some weight by the feel of my clothing and the difference in my facial features. my kids have noticed too.

any suggestions, tips, etc for a newbie?

thanks so much! joey
Closed Thread