IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th

You're on Page 3 of 37
Go to
  • Quote: I'd have to say the gut and the "man boobs" are what I'm trying to get rid of.
    My wife keeps telling me I don't have man boobs, but I think she's saying that to be nice.

Also, anyone here eating bok choy? I've started doing stir fry and am using bok choy in it. Do we count bok choy as unlimited lettuce or does it apply to our 4 cups of select veggies? I'd ask my coach, but I'd probably get an equally useless answer if I asked my 5 year old.

Thanks.
    I think it is considered a veggy
  • Ughh. Then I cheated last night. Had 2 cups of vegetables (mushroom, broccoli, cauliflower, bean sprouts, celery) AND one whole baby bok choy. So I probably went over on my vegetables yesterday by a cup and a half, maybe 2. Probably why I didn't lose today.

Oh well. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Quote: Ughh. Then I cheated last night. Had 2 cups of vegetables (mushroom, broccoli, cauliflower, bean sprouts, celery) AND one whole baby bok choy. So I probably went over on my vegetables yesterday by a cup and a half, maybe 2. Probably why I didn't lose today.

Oh well. Thanks for the clarification.
    Hey Scott,

Don't beat yourself up - it could have been worse!! Bok Choy is only 3.2g of carbs per two cups so you picked a perfect veggie to screw up on!

If you want to bulk up your stir fry's try adding a head of romaine hearts - it tastes just like bok choy in a stir fry and adds that nice crunch, but it's a free lettuce I do that once in a while when I really want a big dinner
  • Quote: Hey Scott,

Don't beat yourself up - it could have been worse!! Bok Choy is only 3.2g of carbs per two cups so you picked a perfect veggie to screw up on!

If you want to bulk up your stir fry's try adding a head of romaine hearts - it tastes just like bok choy in a stir fry and adds that nice crunch, but it's a free lettuce I do that once in a while when I really want a big dinner

I'll try that. Really enjoyed the stir fry. Have a feeling I'll be making it frequently.
  • Quote: Store bought cake and icing are full of chemicals and they taste awful. Save your "slip" for something more worthwhile.

Eat one of your IP snacks or some protein (cheese, nuts) before the cake event.

Another tip is not to look directly at the cake and don't spend any time near it or talking about it. Ignore it like you would an enemy (which it is.)

Also, drink some extra water.

Come back and report your NSV (non-scale victory.)
    I drank water, and told myself it was nowhere near as good as my dad's. It worked, home to a extra-lean turkey burger (no bun) and roasted asparagus, one of my favorite veggies, cooked in a little olive oil and sea salt (saving most of the sea salt for this meal) Yummy. For my sweet tooth, I'll have a bar tonight as I've been good all day.
  • Quote: I drank water, and told myself it was nowhere near as good as my dad's. It worked, home to a extra-lean turkey burger (no bun) and roasted asparagus, one of my favorite veggies, cooked in a little olive oil and sea salt (saving most of the sea salt for this meal) Yummy. For my sweet tooth, I'll have a bar tonight as I've been good all day.
    WAY TO GO! What a great feeling to resist something we know we shouldn't have... it's not worth being set back 3 days or a week for that matter. Great job
  • Quote: I drank water, and told myself it was nowhere near as good as my dad's. It worked, home to a extra-lean turkey burger (no bun) and roasted asparagus, one of my favorite veggies, cooked in a little olive oil and sea salt (saving most of the sea salt for this meal) Yummy. For my sweet tooth, I'll have a bar tonight as I've been good all day.
    Great Job Babs! Way to resist the cake. You will be pleased with the numbers on the scale.
  • Quote: WAY TO GO! What a great feeling to resist something we know we shouldn't have... it's not worth being set back 3 days or a week for that matter. Great job
    Rachel, great picture! I bet you are gonna knock'em dead in that little black dress. You are going to be on fire. I can't wait to see the picture and hear all the compliments you are going to get. Have a great time and don't stress over what you plan on eating. Oh, to be 19 again!
  • Finally, I have my Tracker. Unfortunately I only lost 1.3 lbs week 4. I have definately slowed to a snails pace.
  • Say Cheese!!!!
    I know we've discussed this before, but I wanted to mention again for the newcomers and the talk about putting cheese on your omelets...I use soy cheese and LOVE it! I'm a total cheese freak and was really nervous at the thought of soy cheese, but truly once it's melted it's just like the real thing. Eating it "raw" is not very good as it has a weird texture, but melted is amazing!!!! I had the cheddar and last time bought the pepper jack and it's wonderful!

Also, someone mentioned having a bar as their evening snack. I just started the bars last week and my coach recommended that I eat them for breakfast or lunch. She said due to the higher carb count, by having them early you know your body is burning off the carbs. If you have it at night it doesn't get as good of a chance to and could affect your loss. This advice came to meet after a week of gaining .8. I only had the bar at night twice and missed a ton of veggies so it was all in all a not so great week. Just thought I'd pass it along. Others may have not experienced this.
  • ChelleFL I am in week 4 and have lost 1 lb so far this week too. I was counting on the 3-5 per week everyone describes and don't really know what more I can do to help the pounds drop. I rode my bike today--But for me, no results increase my impatience and then hunger - real or imagined. Hope to keep moving. I will take a 3 lb loss, but please not 1.
  • So, I've been struggling the last few days. I make it through the first half of the day fine and then wham...cravings big time. Yesterday it was pizza and today Taco Time. I feel like I get to this point of fear when I get close to losing 50lbs and somehow begin to sabatoge all the hard work I have done. Maybe talking about it will help me get through it and move on. I am so encouraged by everyone here and your successes. I know I can do this it is just one day at a time and the faster I get back on track the easier each day will be.
  • Quote: ChelleFL I am in week 4 and have lost 1 lb so far this week too. I was counting on the 3-5 per week everyone describes and don't really know what more I can do to help the pounds drop. I rode my bike today--But for me, no results increase my impatience and then hunger - real or imagined. Hope to keep moving. I will take a 3 lb loss, but please not 1.

Today I started Week 5, and I am also hoping to lose at least 3 this week. Its been a tough week. Last Monday we found out my Husband's cancer is back and his Brother suddenly died that same afternoon. Despite the Wake, Funeral and having to go out to eat, I managed to stay on the diet.

The week before I was constipated and as soon as I started the olive oil, I dropped 3 lbs. Thats not the problem now. Now it seems to be water retention and my Coach thinks I need more potassium. I'm getting tested Thursday so then I'll know for sure.

We both need to keep the faith and hang in there.
  • Quote: Today I started Week 5, and I am also hoping to lose at least 3 this week. Its been a tough week. Last Monday we found out my Husband's cancer is back and his Brother suddenly died that same afternoon. Despite the Wake, Funeral and having to go out to eat, I managed to stay on the diet.

The week before I was constipated and as soon as I started the olive oil, I dropped 3 lbs. Thats not the problem now. Now it seems to be water retention and my Coach thinks I need more potassium. I'm getting tested Thursday so then I'll know for sure.

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's cancer and loss of his brother. You have so much to deal with.

Are you seeing the water retention in your legs? My lower legs have been swollen with water. I just thought it was due to TOM. Who is testing your potassium? Is it a blood test?
  • Quote: Today I started Week 5, and I am also hoping to lose at least 3 this week. Its been a tough week. Last Monday we found out my Husband's cancer is back and his Brother suddenly died that same afternoon. Despite the Wake, Funeral and having to go out to eat, I managed to stay on the diet.

After all that happened you stayed on the diet. It sounds like you are going to do this "no matter what" and that is the key to success.

Let us know what happens with the potassium test.

Thanks for posting and "hanging in there."

Oh, good, my wt. tracker showed up again. I am so proud of that one pound I lost this week. LOL.