3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/196231-ip-chat-week-march-8-14th.html)

WyoSun 03-12-2010 04:26 PM

Carla...I'm not a cold cereal eater and I didn't care much for the crispy cereal. I do plan on trying it again, maybe next week. My son thought it wasn't any different looking than rice crispies and that "blue" milk I always used anyway!!! I do think it could satisfy that need for crunch that we all get sometimes.

babs181 03-12-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoSun (Post 3198094)
Babs...my sheet says onions are fine. I always put them in my salad. I also add a few when I am stir frying veggies. They just add a nice taste. I also put some in the meatloaf the other night. I think you need to be careful about carmelizing them.
Also, can't you just buy individual packets on things you want to try? My coach lets us try things that way. She also has a lot of the WF dressings and such in the fridge and we can taste them, too.
Has anyone used chicken broth in the soup? One cup has one carb and .5 of trans fat, so I thought if I used 1/2 cup broth and the rest water? What do you think? cheating or not??? That might also make the Leek soup a little more tolerable for those that do not like it.

I meant the tomatoes as the occasional, oops. And unfortunately, I'm doing Ideal to go as there are no clinics anywhere near me, and the clinic I work with only sells things in full boxes. I bought only one box of anything that interested me though. If there is anyone in Eastern PA who wants to swap stuff, that would be great!

Mom22 03-12-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoSun (Post 3198094)
Babs...my sheet says onions are fine. I always put them in my salad. I also add a few when I am stir frying veggies. They just add a nice taste. I also put some in the meatloaf the other night. I think you need to be careful about carmelizing them.
Also, can't you just buy individual packets on things you want to try? My coach lets us try things that way. She also has a lot of the WF dressings and such in the fridge and we can taste them, too.
Has anyone used chicken broth in the soup? One cup has one carb and .5 of trans fat, so I thought if I used 1/2 cup broth and the rest water? What do you think? cheating or not??? That might also make the Leek soup a little more tolerable for those that do not like it.

Chicken broth is allowed - but you're supposed to use the low sodium kind - i guess so we don't retain water.

WyoSun 03-12-2010 05:13 PM

Thanks, I think I will try it in my soup in about an hour.

Wyo Sky 03-12-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJHA (Post 3197797)
Carlasherea; Welcome!!

I can't handle the cereal - way too watery for me. I like I read somewhere that one of the members put some of the white premixed white drink into it to make it more edible.

Well, the cereal might be an aquired taste. I like it only with added cinnamon and stevia. Water has to be very cold. After mixing, I let it set in the freezer just a few minutes to "thicken". The crunch is nice.

For those wondering about soups, my favorite is the mushroom soup. I put in additional sauteed mushrooms, beef broth and lot's of spinach...then I add a dollap of dijon or spicy mustard and stir that in. It's quite good.

I just am not able to handle the chicken soup...I tried, on numerous occassions (adding this and that) but I could barely keep it down, if you know what I mean. I tried it as soup and also as a sauce. No luck for me.

My new favorite meal is sauteed green cabbage (with a bit of chicken broth), then add in chopped fat free ham (I could only find 98% fat free/but has no sugar or carbs) and just before serving, add in a few squirts of grainy spicy mustard and mix it around. Salt as needed. It's not too pretty but sure tastes good to me, especially with a few dill pickle slices on the side. Sort of Reuban-esque!

Great going to all who have had losses this week, big or small.;)

BlueMermaid 03-12-2010 07:52 PM

:hug: Great Job Everyone! Yeah! It's Friday. Everyone seems to be doing so well. Keep up the hard work and you will be pleased. Those of you on your second week, don't get discouraged. I think week 2 is hard for many of us. I think your body has such a big loss the first week that it kind of is in shock and not wanting to let go so fast in the second week. Hang in there and the scale will go down! :dancer:

yinyang 03-12-2010 07:55 PM

Thanks to Mom22 and BevS for ideas on cooking the pancake/crepe. I'll give them a try. I really liked the orange crepe ones.

Congrats to those coming in with good losses!

I have started walking again this week. I have been walking about 2 miles at a time most days. I was afraid it would make me more hungry, but don't think it has. I am trying to keep firmed up.

fluffymama 03-12-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3197498)
Good luck fluffy - I believe in you!! you can do it :)

well, I followed your recipe and as I am eating the "pizza" I couldn't get past the whole fact that the "crust" is actually an egg. I started getting really depressed as I was eating it and started feeling sorry for myself as my family was eating the real thing! Don't think I'm going to try that one again but you know what they say, you never know until you try! Thanks for the idea jordana!!

BlueMermaid 03-12-2010 08:32 PM

Here is a new turnip recipe I just tried tonight. It was really good! I will post it on the recipe thread too.

3 medium turnips
2 tsp olive oil
Sea salt
Pepper
1-2 cups Fat free, low sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp mustard like coarse brown or your preference
1 tsp dried parsley or 1 tbsp fresh

Peel the turnips and cut into cubes. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add the turnips and season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium-high heat until turnips begin to brown nicely. Add broth and simmer until broth has reduced to a small thickened pool and the turnips are a golden brown and can be pierced with a fork. Reduce heat to low and add in the mustard and heat through. Keep warm until ready to serve. Sprinkle on parsley just before serving.

This should make 2 servings.

BlueMermaid 03-12-2010 09:55 PM

Ideal Protein

Hey Everyone,

Wagnomore suggested we all tell how we came to learn about Ideal Protein. Sounds like fun. :comp:

I heard about it last spring from my chiropractor when she was treating me for my back. It was not available in her office until January so I had to wait for 7 months. I could not find much on the internet about it then so I waited.

jordanna 03-12-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3198360)
well, I followed your recipe and as I am eating the "pizza" I couldn't get past the whole fact that the "crust" is actually an egg. I started getting really depressed as I was eating it and started feeling sorry for myself as my family was eating the real thing! Don't think I'm going to try that one again but you know what they say, you never know until you try! Thanks for the idea jordana!!

Sorry you didn't like it fluffy - for me it was more about the pizza flavors to satisfy my craving & I put lots of spices in my eggs so it didn't really have an "egg" taste to it....for me it's better than no pizza at all :)

Then again - I sat and ate it at the kitchen table all by myself...maybe I'd be singing a different tune if my husband had been at home eating the real thing in front of me!

wagnomore 03-12-2010 11:06 PM

IP Referral

My hairdresser is a distance runner - had gotten hurt a few years back and gained weight because of the steroids they put her on for awhile even though she ate well and was an excercise nut. She went on IP to reset her system - she lost the weight, has increased stamina and even improved her running time quite substantially - quite an inspiration to me.

WyoSun 03-13-2010 01:05 AM

I saw a girl friend of mine that I hadn't seen since before Christmas. She looked wonderful. I had been cutting back on my eating and thinking about what I needed to do. She was glad to share her "secret" with me. I started the next week. I am so excited about actually finding something healthy that works. So....I told another friend of mine and she is only a week behind me. We all know each other and keep tabs even if it can only be by phone sometimes.
Wagnomore, you are really getting close. Congrats.

Novak 03-13-2010 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birman (Post 3197775)
Birman - obsessive, cheap, and proud! :D

:lol:

Novak 03-13-2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedMonkey (Post 3197346)

Thanks! Small world, huh? I need to find a fun pic like yours for my avatar. Who is your coach?

A couple of us go to a chiropractic clinic in Reston... I know another Northern Virginian on the boards goes to a place in Fredericksburg. And you?