Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • Zucchini "Pasta"
    I posted this in one of the chat threads, but am posting it here too. Here is how I make zucchini pasta:

I use a mandonline slicer with the julienne attachment, slice 3 large zucchini until I reach the seeds, then add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, and fresh basil. It makes a lot and it's pretty good - something different at least. I haven't tried cooking the zucchini, but it gets pretty soft after it sits in the oil for a bit.
  • GRAPE CREAM SHAKE/SLUSH

1 packet vanilla pudding
    8 oz water
    1 c of ice
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp of Grape JELLO gelatin dessert powder

shake up everything in the shaker, pour over ice and enjoy!!! tastes just like those frozen grape popsicles with ice cream in the middle-YUMMMMMMMY, oooh, i may blend it up with ice to make a grape cream slush later tonight

*note* i used 1 tsp of real full-sugar Jello. It contains about 1 carb per teaspoon and is purely sugar. they don't make sugar free jello in grape so you could also use the sugar free jello in a different floavor like orange or cherry but it's made with aspartame and i know i would rather have an extra carb in the day that ingest a nasty chemical like aspartame.
  • Cappucino Shake
    My very favorite IP recipe is my Cappucino Shake. I could have three of these a day!

7-8 oz cold water
    1 packet IP Cappucino drink mix
    1 packet Splenda
    3-4 "coffee" ice cubes
    or
    3-4 regular ice cubes PLUS 1 tsp instant coffee

Put in an individual blender like Cook's (available at JC Penney) and blend until ice is crushed.

I make a full pot of coffee every day for me and my hubby. We drink about half and the other half is poured into ice trays. I use a flavored coffee (Caramel Drizzle). This drink is as good as something from your local ice cream shoppe but totally guilt free!

Nonna G
  • Turnip "taters"
    I tried this on a whim and it was FANTASTIC!

Peel and slice a fresh turnip into thin rounds (no more than 1/4" thick).
    Heat 1 tsp Olive Oil in skillet on medium high heat, or use non-stick spray
    Place turnip rounds in skillet in single layer
    Season the top side with your favorite seasonings (I use Sea Salt, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb or Mrs. Dash Table Blend, and black pepper).
    Cook several minutes, turn slices over, season that side, and cook until tender.

You won't believe how yummy these are!

Nonna G
  • Quote: My very favorite IP recipe is my Cappucino Shake. I could have three of these a day!

7-8 oz cold water
    1 packet IP Cappucino drink mix
    1 packet Splenda
    3-4 "coffee" ice cubes
    or
    3-4 regular ice cubes PLUS 1 tsp instant coffee

Put in an individual blender like Cook's (available at JC Penney) and blend until ice is crushed.

I make a full pot of coffee every day for me and my hubby. We drink about half and the other half is poured into ice trays. I use a flavored coffee (Caramel Drizzle). This drink is as good as something from your local ice cream shoppe but totally guilt free!

Nonna G
    Coffee Cubes - Brilliant, I am also going to make herbal Tea cubes, I steep flavoured teas let them cool then refrigerate and use in my shakes and puddings never thought to freeze em in trays....
  • Here is a recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms. You can omit the cheese if you are in phase 1 or 2 and are sticking to the protocol of no dairy. You could substitute an egg white to keep the mixture together.

Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms from Whole Foods website

Makes about 2 dozen
    From Susan K., a Whole foods blog reader, who got her recipe printed in The Whole Deal value guide.

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons 365 Everyday Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
    2 (8-oz) packages button or baby bella mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped, caps left intact
    1 small yellow onion, chopped
    Salt and ground black pepper to taste
    1 (1-pound) pkg frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
    6 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled

Method
    Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems, onions, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl along with spinach, toss well; set aside to cool. Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Add Feta, salt and pepper to spinach mixture then divide filling evenly between mushrooms, mounding it in the center of each. Drizzle mushrooms with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and bake until softened and juicy, about 20 minutes.

Nutrition
    Per serving (1 stuffed mushroom/49g-wt.): 40 calories (25 from fat), 3g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 2g total carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 2g protein
  • Something New!
    New recipes for those needing a change! Check it out!
    http://www.hchc.org/page.aspx?id=537
  • Aloha, Here is rice pudding reciepe~

the recipe for the rice pudding is in one of your cookbooks. I don’t have it anymore, however, the basic recipe is:

1 tsp Knox Gelatin or Agar Agar with ¼ cup water

1 Vanilla Pudding

2 Cups of cauliflower (I use frozen) – cooked and chopped into small, rice-sized pieces
    You can pulse in blender for best results. Should be pretty small like rice.

Splenda (1-2 pkts)
    I usually use truvia and add alittle extra.

Vanilla (1 tsp)

6 oz water

Cinnamon to taste

Mix gelatin with water and add pudding. Add cauliflower and flavorings - stir and adjust to taste. Refrigerate until set. Great for Lunch!Must be very cold for best results.
  • This is fun: http://www.divinecaroline.com/22240/...uses-cucumbers
  • Aloha,

Today I made something and wanted to share the receipe. You need to have a zucchini spagetti making machine or peeler. It is a packet of miso soup, follow directions on packet and add zucchini noodles. It tastes like a japenese noodle bowl! Awesome.
  • Salad Dressing to DIE for:

2 tsp olive oil
    Juice of 1/2 of a small lemon
    1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
    Stevia to taste (I used about a fourth of the packet)
    Sea salt and pepper to taste

Mix and enjoy!!!
  • Quote: Salad Dressing to DIE for:

2 tsp olive oil
    Juice of 1/2 of a small lemon
    1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
    Stevia to taste (I used about a fourth of the packet)
    Sea salt and pepper to taste

Mix and enjoy!!!
    I have been doing a recipe like this since I began program. The only change is I add 1/2 tsp of thyme and 1/4 tsp of oregano.

It make something like a "greek" tasting recipe. It reminded me a little bit of what is on stuffed grape leaves or Dolmades.
  • Quote: I have been doing a recipe like this since I began program. The only change is I add 1/2 tsp of thyme and 1/4 tsp of oregano.

It make something like a "greek" tasting recipe. It reminded me a little bit of what is on stuffed grape leaves or Dolmades.
    Funny you should mention this. Last night I had bottled grape leaves stuffed with the omelet mix scrambled, oregano, and an ounce of smoked salmon. [Parboiled the leaves to get rid of some of the salt.] It was good.
  • Hey everyone...this is my first post but I've been enjoying reading all these wonderful ideas and recipes! My father is a doctor who tried IP, lost 30 lbs, and now employs two diet coaches and sells IP to patients. After seeing him do it, my entire family went on it and I love it! I recently was experimenting with the maple oatmeal, and found something that I really enjoyed:

I took 1 packet of the maple oatmeal, mixed with water as usual, but instead of eating it like normal oatmeal, I took a small omelet skillet, and poured the batter in, cooking it like a pancake. It turned out so well...it almost worked better as a pancake than the actual IP pancakes, and with a little IP strawberry syrup on top tasted amazing.

Thanks to you all for the awesome ideas! I'm going to be sure to try them out, as this diet can get a bit boring at times! Keep up the great work!
  • Meringue
    Here's a recipe for Meringue cookies using Splenda. They are great and 3.2 calories a piece:

http://www.food.com/recipe/splendid-...eringues-76529

I was invited to a birthday party and in self-defense, or so I'd have something to eat, asked if I could bring something. I took

-- baby red, yellow, and orange peppers, sliced in half through the stem, filled with garlic-sauteed baby spinach w/ a little horseradish, and topped with a medium sized shrimp

-- marinated mushrooms

-- stuffed eggs, and

-- a huge Romaine salad with the toppings (green pepper, onions, black olives, etc. and dressings on the side),

as well as the meringues for dessert. They never knew what hit 'em.

--