Ideal Protein WEEKLY Chat, Feb 29- March 7, 2010

You're on Page 8 of 30
Go to
  • Rachel - congratulations on your loss- 4 pounds over the weekend! Woohoo! Hopefully mine will be as good as yours at my weigh-in tomorrow.

I also find scale-hopping to be funny- like an event such as bar-hopping where we all get on our scales at the same time! Also I envision bunny rabbits hopping on scales.
  • Thanks everybody for giving me your input on exercise. I think I'm going to do a few days a week, but just stick to light walking and maybe some arm toning so I don't over do it.
  • Just call me Bunny. I love my scale!
  • Quote: Someone a few days ago mentioned that they used the egg whites and egg mixtures in the cartons, I bought some today and will try them tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what the quantity would be to match the IP omelette?

Today I'm starting day 1 of week 5 and have my weigh in later today.
    That might have been me - i checked out the labels in the last post.

i can't remember the exact numbers but do recall that the egg white one has no carbs and most have 30 calories in 1/4 cup. IP eggs are around 90 calories and if you assume that because you mix 4 oz of water with the IP eggs, the portion size is 1/2 cup then it's easy to compare. I bought southwest (has a few peppers, mushroom and tomato) and originol - can't remember the carb counts exactly but they're same as IP for the same portion size. Other flavors may be higher carb counts. I've been using 1/2 cup of either original egg creations and 1/4 cup of egg white. I get a larger portion - 90 calories and exact same carbs - no sugar - everything else very close. Egg whites are little more expensive so if you want to just do the 1/2 cup of the other, it works out to less than $1 per serving (like .67 I think) as opposed to $3.86 for IP. Seems to be working - still losing.
  • Quote: That might have been me - i checked out the labels in the last post.

i can't remember the exact numbers but do recall that the egg white one has no carbs and most have 30 calories in 1/4 cup. IP eggs are around 90 calories and if you assume that because you mix 4 oz of water with the IP eggs, the portion size is 1/2 cup then it's easy to compare. I bought southwest (has a few peppers, mushroom and tomato) and originol - can't remember the carb counts exactly but they're same as IP for the same portion size. Other flavors may be higher carb counts. I've been using 1/2 cup of either original egg creations and 1/4 cup of egg white. I get a larger portion - 90 calories and exact same carbs - no sugar - everything else very close. Seems to be working - still losing.
    Mom of 2: You are so, so, so close to your goal! Be sure to announce it when you get there so we can have a FORUM PARTY!

(A forum party is when we fill up a whole page or more congratulating the person that reached goal and we use the little icons to make it very colorful, thus it looks like a PARTY.)

And while I'm thinking about it, there is a "dancing broccoli" available (since we can't eat carrots, which I love) that little "dancing carrot" irks me a little bit. LOL.
  • Quote: And while I'm thinking about it, there is a "dancing broccoli" available (since we can't eat carrots, which I love) that little "dancing carrot" irks me a little bit. LOL.
    Bwahahahaha, thanks for the chuckle there Lilita. Never thought of it that way but I'll never use the carrot again now!
  • chicken sausage, anyone?
    I bought some chicken italian sausages to change things up a bit but now I'm concerned about them.

One link is 4 oz. and has 1 gr. of carbs but 7 gr. of fat. Should I pass or is it okay?
  • Also, wanted to let everyone know that I've been tweeking the turnip chips recipe the past few days (HUGE turnips in the stores right now) because I really wanted to like them but was having issues with the texture. They never really got crunchy but were still burnt around the edges. What I did was cook them in oil first on the stove and get them nice and brown, then I baked them at 450 for about 10 minutes. They came out nice and tasty, especially with seasonings and lots of salt.
  • Quote: I bought some chicken italian sausages to change things up a bit but now I'm concerned about them.

One link is 4 oz. and has 1 gr. of carbs but 7 gr. of fat. Should I pass or is it okay?
    IP is about lean proteins. That doesn't sound too lean. I'd pass it up. Here is a recipe that should spice it up for you but still follow IP. I'll post it in the recipes too everyone.

Mock Italian Sausage
    • 1/2 pound chicken tenderloin
    • 1/4 small sweet onion , cut in half
    • 1 clove garlic , cut in half
    • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes , more or less to taste
    • 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
    • Coarse salt
    • cracked black pepper to taste
    Directions:

Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it looks like ground chicken or hamburger meat.

Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot, add mock sausage mix and cook, stirring often until crumbly and cooked through, about 79 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.

Recommended substitution: If you like sweet Italian sausage, don't use the chili flakes. Instead, add 1/4 teaspoon of allspice and one teaspoon dried oregano.
  • Hey all, just popping in while I eat my salad at work to report that week one netted me a 10.4 pound loss. WOOHOO! Hope you're all having a great IP week. :-)

This week, I'm eating only puddings and drinks. The soup totally grosses me out, and the omelette was just so-so. Oh, and I ate out 4 days in a row and still found IP things to pick from, and still lost! YES!
  • Quote: IP is about lean proteins. That doesn't sound too lean. I'd pass it up. Here is a recipe that should spice it up for you but still follow IP. I'll post it in the recipes too everyone.
    Yeah, I figured as much. But your recipe sounds totally delicious, I'm off to the store! Thanks so much.
  • Quote: Hey all, just popping in while I eat my salad at work to report that week one netted me a 10.4 pound loss. WOOHOO! Hope you're all having a great IP week. :-)

This week, I'm eating only puddings and drinks. The soup totally grosses me out, and the omelette was just so-so. Oh, and I ate out 4 days in a row and still found IP things to pick from, and still lost! YES!
    10 pounds in one week?!!! Awesome!
  • Quote: Well everyone, I have had an unexpected "travel" week come up... I seriously considered going off the diet for the week but decided my only reasoning for this was pure laziness so I packed up a cooler and headed out. I had an omelet for dinner with mushrooms in it and ate what looked to be the equivalent of 2 eggs. I also ordered a side of broccoli (thumbs up) Had a rough time last week and my home scale was messing with my head so I went in to my clinic and got weighed Friday. I was at 151.2. Went back in yesterday morning and I weighed in at 146.6. 4 lbs over the weekend! Congrats to everyone else losing this week

Nice Job rachel13
  • Quote: Also, wanted to let everyone know that I've been tweeking the turnip chips recipe the past few days (HUGE turnips in the stores right now) because I really wanted to like them but was having issues with the texture. They never really got crunchy but were still burnt around the edges. What I did was cook them in oil first on the stove and get them nice and brown, then I baked them at 450 for about 10 minutes. They came out nice and tasty, especially with seasonings and lots of salt.
    just a heads up not sure what you mean by "cook them in oil" but watch the oil - we're not supposed to have fried foods.
  • Quote: Hey all, just popping in while I eat my salad at work to report that week one netted me a 10.4 pound loss. WOOHOO! Hope you're all having a great IP week. :-)

Way to Go HockeyMom23!!!!!