3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194723-ip-monthly-chat-february-2010-continued-3-a.html)

jordanna 02-23-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogdog13 (Post 3168237)
Save your chastizing me those of you out there who don't agree, but Sam0617, there are some cheaper alternatives out there comparable to IP that some of us have succesfully incorporated into our regimen. Please see the IP Alternate Phase I forum if you are interested.

I also have all of the alternative food sites listed on a sticky post for you to compare - here is the link:

IP Food Alternative Ideas & Tips

brenda1980 02-23-2010 12:31 PM

Oh- and p.s. I weigh myself every day, too. I got scolded for it at my weigh-in last night, but I find it motivating. I know if I am down .7 of a pound each day that I am on track, and I've noticed a lot less weight fluctuation on this diet than on others that I've tried. I suppose if it changes and I am up a pound instead of down one at some point that it could be a demotivator instead of a motivator. I guess I'll figure out if I should change my strategy on daily weigh-ins when that happens.

jordanna 02-23-2010 12:32 PM

I always say I won't but I scale hop too. I can't help it, it gets me excited to see a loss & keeps me going until the next day....shrugs, I think as long as you don't go off the deep end if you have a slight gain here and there I don't think it's that much of a harm.

Ogdog13 02-23-2010 12:37 PM

Okay, admission that I am a scale hopper too. ;) Can't help it, use it as my motivator!!

rachel13 02-23-2010 12:41 PM

Ok, so this is going to be a little out of the blue but I haven't seen the topic of weight-gain/loss due to birth control yet so I'm interested to see what people think about it. I have gained the majority of my weight since starting a bc pill in the fall of 2008 but I think it's primarily due to the unhealthy eating habits I developed around then. I have also read in a magazine (women's fitness) that they did a study using 50 women who were on the pill and 50 who weren't, similar in body type, weight, height, ect. and had them on the same diet and exercise programs from 6 weeks and the women not on the pill lost up to 60% more than the women on the pill. Just some food for thought. What does everything think?

BevS 02-23-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alihal (Post 3167892)
Does anybody else weigh themselves everyday? I know you aren't supposed to but I can't help it. I found the scale going crazy this week, up a pound down a pound, up 3, down 4 and then down 2 again. I just found it odd and was wondering if it happens to anyone else.

Hi, Alihal, Heck, yeah, I weigh myself every time I go in the bathroom! I'll drop 2 and go up 1. It doesn't even bother me anymore when the number goes up. At least it's moving! I think I'm a bit obsessive compulsive.;)

Ogdog13 02-23-2010 12:46 PM

Rachel13, I definitely think that medications effect weight loss (gain)! I am on 5 different meds for bipolar. I started a different one last year and although I am somewhat happier now, I gained weight on it. Hence on IP now.

ksb001 02-23-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birman (Post 3168138)
er...YES.

Not only do I weigh daily, but I track my weight daily on a spreadsheet. Personally, I am an analytical sort, so I have all kinds of formulas in my spreadsheet that automatically calculate things when I enter the weight number. For example, it automatically compares my weight loss to my short term, medium term, and long term goals, shows me how much I am currently losing per day and per week, automatically shows up in green, yellow, or red, depending on how well I am doing in comparison to my goals, and shows me how much I now need to lose per day or week in the future to meet my goals. These kinds of calculations, along with automated graphs of different time lengths, showing my weight in comparison to my various goals, help me keep on track and stay motivated. For example, if I am doing well, one way it helps keep me motivated is by showing me exactly how far ahead of my goals I am, and how I now need to lose less per day to reach my goal target. We all know that weight loss slows the closer one gets to their target weight, so the more I can lose early the better. Or, if I'm currently doing poorly, it shows me how well I have done in the past (and therefore doing overall), shows that a little blip on the graph is okay and I am probably still on track to meet my goals, but that I can't slack off or I will get off track. Need to be extra vigilant. Calculated numbers showing up in yellow rather than green also alert me when my progress is starting to be a problem, so I can catch it early and make changes to what I am doing if necessary.

So yes, some of us do weigh every day. :)

Sorry, birman: you lost me at "spreadsheet"! LOL. Just goes to show you how this program can work for ALL types of people. I'm a non-analytical type and find that this progam is great because it takes all the planning and thinking out of the equation. I just follow the plan and my own dense brain doesn't get in the way! My biggest decision is what to pair my chicken with tonight. I WISH I could be so detailed but I'm just not wired that way! But we can all have great results if we just trust the program no matter how we get there.

So glad I found this board. It's helping me so much to see how everyone approaches IP and learning all your tricks. One day at a time, everyone!

maryannb 02-23-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3166499)
I think if you go to the Ideal to go website, you can see the nutrition labels for all their supplements.

They have the food, but not the supplements... unless they're hidden somewhere!

thanks though.

maryannb 02-23-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogdog13 (Post 3166508)
Here is the IP vitamin label.

THANK YOU! :)

libbyshims 02-23-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksb001 (Post 3168368)
Sorry, birman: you lost me at "spreadsheet"! LOL. Just goes to show you how this program can work for ALL types of people. I'm a non-analytical type and find that this progam is great because it takes all the planning and thinking out of the equation. I just follow the plan and my own dense brain doesn't get in the way! My biggest decision is what to pair my chicken with tonight. I WISH I could be so detailed but I'm just not wired that way! But we can all have great results if we just trust the program no matter how we get there.

So glad I found this board. It's helping me so much to see how everyone approaches IP and learning all your tricks. One day at a time, everyone!

ooohhhh...another spreadsheet junkie! can you send me your template?

newsiemom 02-23-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3168382)
ooohhhh...another spreadsheet junkie! can you send me your template?

I'm a sucker for a spreadsheet too. I love it!

libbyshims 02-23-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3168017)
Hey Libbyshims, I'm sure 97% fat free ham is okay, you're allowed lean ground beef and that has a higher fat percentage than the ham....

'lightbulb moment'...thanks Jordanna! I never even thought of that!!!!

sam0617 02-23-2010 01:42 PM

Thanks Jordana love this site!

sam0617 02-23-2010 01:45 PM

I for one would like to say I hate to think what being on this program would be like if this website was not available