3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194723-ip-monthly-chat-february-2010-continued-3-a.html)

skittlescda 02-23-2010 09:46 AM

On phase 1 we are allowed to have the Fat Free Ham?

Can others tell me what kind of meat you have with your "one" meal a day, how you cook it too!

Any good suggestions for perking up a salad....I'm just eating the same old things everyday and its starting to get really old lol.....last week I introduced the Walden sauces and that sure helped.

Thanks.
Trish

skittlescda 02-23-2010 09:52 AM

I'm reading here that some folks are having an egg and/or fat free low calorie cheese....is this permitted in phase one?

libbyshims 02-23-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alihal (Post 3167892)
Does anybody else weigh themselves everyday? I know you aren't supposed to but I can't help it. I found the scale going crazy this week, up a pound down a pound, up 3, down 4 and then down 2 again. I just found it odd and was wondering if it happens to anyone else.

WOW, Alihal, you are speakin' my language! I had to hide the scale in my hubbys closet for that same reason. Totally screws with my head! Just so you know you aren't alone...I weighed myself today before going in the shower-159.8/ after shower 161!!! Not sure what I did during those 7 minutes, but wow.

Anyway, that was a good lesson to me to leave the scale alone and wait for my weigh ins. I am seeing a difference in how my clothes fit, and that is a huge NSV!!!

:^:

Ogdog13 02-23-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3167919)
I'm reading here that some folks are having an egg and/or fat free low calorie cheese....is this permitted in phase one?

Well, that depends on how you look at it. 1 oz of milk is allowed, so if you don't have the milk you can have a 1 oz slice of cheese as a subsitiute...but Phase 1 doesn't call for cheese. Not sure what you mean about the egg. Eggs are allowed for your dinner choice (2 of them). Some of us use real egg in place of the IP egg. Does that make sense?

skittlescda 02-23-2010 10:13 AM

Hi Ogdog13, I read here last week that somebody was having 2 devilled eggs, they mixed the yolks with the Walden Honey Dijon sauce and I thought that would be something I'd really like, if I can have that for my dinner choice that would be a nice change.

Thanks.

sam0617 02-23-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alihal (Post 3167892)
Does anybody else weigh themselves everyday? I know you aren't supposed to but I can't help it. I found the scale going crazy this week, up a pound down a pound, up 3, down 4 and then down 2 again. I just found it odd and was wondering if it happens to anyone else.

Hey I also live in Dover New Jersey. How did you learn about IP and where did you join? I heard it is not encouraged to weigh yourself everyday because of what you just posted it becomes very confusing. I am on my first week of IP and weigh myself this Thursday, wish me luck.

want2run 02-23-2010 10:20 AM

Alihal and libbyshims--I too am a daily scale hopper and try to not let it get to me. It is interesting how the body flucutates even when weighing at the same time each day, but I find it reassuring. Some weeks it goes down everyday and then I have weeks like this past one where it will go up and down withing the same stupid 1 pound for the whole week. It is what it is and it is my choice to still get on it everyday!

sam0617 02-23-2010 10:24 AM

Woke up today with a terrible sore throat and a cold. Afraid to take any medicine as to mess up the program so I am toughing it out and drinking hot decaf green tea and hoping the sore throat does not get to the point that I have to take something. Not sure if sugar and carbs are listed on medicine which will make selecting the right meds stressful. Does anyone have any information on this that would help me?

MommySarah3 02-23-2010 10:27 AM

My parent's coach told them to buy an organic yeast to put on the turnips/radishes/kale to make them crispy...bake in the oven at 450...haven't tried it yet :) but I didn't like the turnip fries either...radish fries (aside from all the work for such a little amount) are great though!

jordanna 02-23-2010 10:36 AM

Hey Libbyshims, I'm sure 97% fat free ham is okay, you're allowed lean ground beef and that has a higher fat percentage than the ham....

sam0617 02-23-2010 10:39 AM

I just leaned from reading the posts that only raw onions are ok. This is my first week and I messed up as I cooked up a batch of mushrooms, celery and onions to add to my soup. Ahhh I really thought I was following the program to a T. Hope this does not make a difference I only did 2 days and the amount of onions was minimal.

sam0617 02-23-2010 10:40 AM

Radish fries?

Ogdog13 02-23-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3167968)
Hi Ogdog13, I read here last week that somebody was having 2 devilled eggs, they mixed the yolks with the Walden Honey Dijon sauce and I thought that would be something I'd really like, if I can have that for my dinner choice that would be a nice change.

Thanks.

Yep, you are allowed 2 eggs so go for it. :)

sam0617 02-23-2010 10:48 AM

I am so glad I found this website as it helped me make the decision to join and all of you are so helpful. I can't wait to check on line and check out the site each day and sometimes more than one time per day.
Thanks

MommySarah3 02-23-2010 10:51 AM

ya they are super small, I just cut them into thin slices and baked them with a bit of olive oil, they weren't super crispy but they tasted great!