Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Ogdog13, the inside of the tins are coated, so I don't find that the food has a tinny taste.

Regarding quorn, I haven't tried it. I have looked at the ingredients in the past, and once again found that the ones that looked like they would taste better have way too much carbs, whereas just the plain products have a better nutritional profile. The nutritionals for quorn's Naked Chik'n Cutlets look pretty good. Have you tried them?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Ogdog13, the inside of the tins are coated, so I don't find that the food has a tinny taste.

Regarding quorn, I haven't tried it. I have looked at the ingredients in the past, and once again found that the ones that looked like they would taste better have way too much carbs, whereas just the plain products have a better nutritional profile. The nutritionals for quorn's Naked Chik'n Cutlets look pretty good. Have you tried them?
Yes, and they are good. A little dry if you over cook them which can be easy, but dress them up and YUM. I'm anxious to try their new "turkey" burger. It only has 5 carbs. I'm definitely interested in trying the stuff you mentioned!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Ogdog13, that's good to know! I live in a granola-eater town (old, health conscious hippies) so I should be able to find quorn here. I'll go out and see what I can find. Regarding the Vegetable Steaks, once I hit 25 posts (or whatever the magic number is) PM me with your postal address, and I'll send ya one!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #19  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

what is the name brand of the coffee syrups you all are using? I looked at some at the store today and they were full of sugar. Give me some insight on a name brand so that I can look online please
Old 02-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #20  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone, in the old Feb. blog there was a discussion about cheese... organic was mentioned to use in stead of a vegetable, this almost sounds too good to be true. I was wondering if anyone had any more information on the type of organic cheese is ok for IP and where they commonly find it. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #21  
1/5/11

oh, and one more thing, I've always been active and exercised regularly, since starting IP (3 weeks ago Monday) I've felt a little tired but feel better and better daily. It wouldn't hurt my progress to do some cardio and minimal strength training (push ups, thigh master) would it?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Hey everyone, in the old Feb. blog there was a discussion about cheese... organic was mentioned to use in stead of a vegetable, this almost sounds too good to be true. I was wondering if anyone had any more information on the type of organic cheese is ok for IP and where they commonly find it. Thanks!
I don't remember anything about organic cheese, but soy cheese is allowed. You use it as one of your vegetables.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
what is the name brand of the coffee syrups you all are using? I looked at some at the store today and they were full of sugar. Give me some insight on a name brand so that I can look online please

I believe divinchi (SP) and torrini (SP) are two of them. You can find them o www.netrition.com.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #24  

Quote:
Ogdog13, that's good to know! I live in a granola-eater town (old, health conscious hippies) so I should be able to find quorn here. I'll go out and see what I can find. Regarding the Vegetable Steaks, once I hit 25 posts (or whatever the magic number is) PM me with your postal address, and I'll send ya one!
Ah, to be in a tree-hugging granola-eater town. I WISH!!!! I'm jealous. You plan sounds perfect. If you have problems finding Quorn let me know. I'll gladly mail some to you!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #25  
1/5/11

ok, wait there is 1 more thing ! I'm struggling financially with this diet and have read mention of Lindora products, I am on the site now and see that a box of the pre-made chocolate drinks are only $10 a box vs. the $32 I pay right now, the nutritional value looks to be identical, is it ok to purchase from this company instead?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #26  

Quote:
Ah, to be in a tree-hugging granola-eater town. I WISH!!!! I'm jealous. Your plan sounds perfect. If you have problems finding Quorn let me know. I'll gladly mail some to you!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
ok, wait there is 1 more thing ! I'm struggling financially with this diet and have read mention of Lindora products, I am on the site now and see that a box of the pre-made chocolate drinks are only $10 a box vs. the $32 I pay right now, the nutritional value looks to be identical, is it ok to purchase from this company instead?
That's your call Rachel. I also order from both Lindora and New Life Style Diet. I've gotten flak about it form others on here. Just a warning. I like some of Lindora's products, and like you made conscious choices about what I ordered to make sure it was as close as possible (if not identical) to IP products.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #28  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Ogdog13, I live in the Pacific Northwest, but I don't usually buy my Choplets or Vegetable Steaks at the local store. A tin there costs $8! I buy a case at a time through Amazon. Using their Subscribe and Save subscription service, I don't have to pay for shipping, so it works out to $3.95 per tin. Each tin lasts for several meals, so the price is pretty good.

You're probably not going to want to buy a whole case if you haven't tried them yet. I'd be happy to send you a tin -- as a thank you for putting up all those great recipes!
Just checked out Worthington on Amazon -- lots of great reviews! I may see if I can find some locally to try out, and go for a case if it's as good as they say it is... Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #29  
Kar

S/C/G: 180/180/125

Height: 5'3"

Happy Friday Everyone!

Read the post about stubborn belly fat; all I know is, the first place you notice you're gaining weight, is usually the last place you'll see it disappear from. So if you gained first in you belly, then that'll be that last place you lose from. Kinda sucks, but it's good to know you're not stuck with it, it will melt off!!

I'm still very excited to start on Tuesday! Everything here is so encouraging! I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding at the beginning of June and I'm looking forward to not looking like a sack of potatoes in a yellow dress when it rolls around!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 270/222/195

Hope everyone has a great weekend. 3rd weigh in for me and my wife on Saturday morning. Maybe our coach will let us have a couple different foods now that we will be starting our fourth week.
Closed Thread