Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #301  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Does anyone here have the same problem that I have, that they can only purchase the IP packs by the box at their clinic? I have to drive over an hour away to be able to select individually, but I still pay the same price for seven packages. I'm worried that when I go in for my weigh-ins they are going to be bothered by the fact that I'm not buying product from them. I buy the occassional box but normally I'll drive to the other clinic and get the bulk of what I need to get me threw a two week period (until next pay day).

Do you think they will refuse to do my weigh-ins if I'm not purchasing the IP packs from them?

Trish
They might - after all the food is how they make their money off of you. It's not like they charge a weigh in fee like WW or something.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #302  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
My superbowl NSV - I went over to my parents house to watch the game. My mum had made nachos (one of my very favorite things) and her most delicious chili....but I planned ahead and brought my own "IP Legal" chili to eat along side of them, and instead of eating nachos I just had two huge glasses of water
awesome willpower!!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #303  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
That is awesome! Congrats on your strong will power to overcome! I truly believe it is within our power to overcome all the obstacles that life throws at us on our journey to a healthier lifestyle! Not to say it is always easy, but it is do-able!
wow Mystical Mamma...awesome job! Wish I could say I wouldn't be tempted!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Does anyone here have the same problem that I have, that they can only purchase the IP packs by the box at their clinic? I have to drive over an hour away to be able to select individually, but I still pay the same price for seven packages. I'm worried that when I go in for my weigh-ins they are going to be bothered by the fact that I'm not buying product from them. I buy the occassional box but normally I'll drive to the other clinic and get the bulk of what I need to get me threw a two week period (until next pay day).

Do you think they will refuse to do my weigh-ins if I'm not purchasing the IP packs from them?

Trish
I opted to just buy my IP packets/boxes online. Why could you not just get a weigh in at the other clinic? Either clinic should be happy you are choosing to do IP, let alone buy from them.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #305  
fluffymama

went to the dr. today and had my weigh in. Down 3 lbs. I was discouraged at first but then my friend told me, "Amanda, you've lost a sack of potatoes" (because I lost 7 my first week!) After that comment I realized that I HAVE lost a sack of potatoes! Yay for me!! Hopefully next week I will loose more than 3, we will see!!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #306  
back in the saddle

S/C/G: 279/254/165

Height: 5'3.5"

Tonight is weigh n and i am hoping to have broke thru 250. Thanks to ogdog13 and fluffy mama for welcoming me!! Texas Sweetie, don't get too cuaght up in the being everything to everyone lese(mom, wife, good employee etc) to forget about being YOU!! I too, often get stuck there and forget how to take care of ME. Mystical Mama I am using a St. Ives lotion that has collagen in it and hoping it works for the skin issue, otherwise I drink my Cran\Pom drink right before bed time so it has all night to work vs. me sending it out during the day. As for clothes issues, I live in a small town and even though we are to not know who else is on the plan for hippa reasons we have each seen someone coming or going on weigh in night and have started a clothing exchange to keep the costs down and get a whole new wardorbe!! Good luck to everyone this week and I'll let you know how weigh in goes. I am so glad I found this site as everyones posts are very helpful!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #307  
back in the saddle

S/C/G: 279/254/165

Height: 5'3.5"

So sorry about all the typos!! I get so caught up in what i want to say that my fingers go faster than my brain!!! I wanted to share that I have found Lipton green tea in various flavors like cran\pom, mixed berry and an orange that are really good and I find i have no trouble getting my required amount of water and all they have that is on the nutrition label is potasssium so it is a bonus!!! Also like the Celestial seasoning brand of the mint!!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #308  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I hate to start all of this with a negative note BUT I am starting this diet this week (well going to the nutritionist on weds) and I KNOW that I will be cheating at the end of 2 weeks (going to mexico). Is it still worth it to start now or should I just come back from trip and then start? dumb question, isn't it?
If it were me, I would wait. My coach said that after 6 weeks, the pancreas is in a "healed" enough state where you could cheat and get back on the diet pretty quickly. But, within only two weeks, you'll be starting all over again when you come back. It really is a waste of money for the two weeks before you go if you know you're planning on cheating (and this diet is EXPENSIVE). Plus, as someone else said, it'll just discourage you to gain the weight back and to have to start all over when you return. Enjoy your vacation and good luck with starting the diet, whenever you choose to do it!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #309  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I've realized that my two favorite IP products are the Bars and the Pre-Made Choc. Drinks. The bars have 14 carbs though! AHH! The drinks only have 4.. so am I allowed to have 2 drinks a day and maybe only 1 bar a week to cut down on all those carbs? Thanks for your feedback!
Old 02-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Week 2 and down 5 pounds and inches are adding up Yippie !!

Can anyone tell me if the cleanse helped them lose more weight, what is the purpose. Also, what are the benefits of the sea salt?

Trish

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-08-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 191.2/156.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Going for my first visit on Wednesday. Really excited to start seeing some of the same great results all of you have been talking about. I even talked my roommate into joining me so there will be added support. I keep hearing everyone talking about the IP foods, but have you all been working out also to loose some pretty amazing number and inches?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #312  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Hello all. I've been following the IP threads for a little while and just wanted to do a quick post. I'm not female so am probably out of place here.....

Just a little background:
I started IP last week. This is my first diet ever. I'm mid 30s and 250 pounds. I've been as heavy as 272 and as light asa 215 in my adult life....mostly controlled via exercise. Last 4-5 years I've noticed that I just can't lose weight even with 8-9hours/week of exercise so I decided to try a "diet" (always a four letter word to me).

Anyways I lost 2.5 pounds the first week. I was pretty happy with that...in my mind I thought anything over 1.5 would be good.

I find that I want to snack but am not really hungry.

Anyways that is all. Just wanted to share week 1 with someone

RJC

Last edited by RJC; 02-08-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #313  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Hello all. I've been following the IP threads for a little while and just wanted to do a quick post. I'm not female so am probably out of place here.....

Just a little background:
I started IP last week. This is my first diet ever. I'm mid 30s and 250 pounds. I've been as heavy as 272 and as light asa 215 in my adult life....mostly controlled via exercise. Last 4-5 years I've noticed that I just can't lose weight even with 8-9hours/week of exercise so I decided to try a "diet" (always a four letter word to me).

Anyways I lost 2.5 pounds the first week. I was pretty happy with that...in my mind I thought anything over 1.5 would be good.

I find that I want to snack but am not really hungry.

Anyways that is all. Just wanted to share week 1 with someone

RJC
Welcome RJC. Everyone's input is nice. Good luck with the program. Don't call it a nasty 4 letter word....its a "treatment plan".
Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #314  

hey RJC, glad that you posted and this is not just a women's site...I've seen lots of men posting here and dieting is not just a women problem, many men are stuggling with losing weight too and we are all here to help each other. We all face the same challenges and benefit from any kind of support. Good luck, you are on the right track and have chosen a good plan. Today I started week 3 and have lost 12 lbs and I'm actually really enjoying the food and now find myself rarely hungry.
Keep posting.
Trish
Old 02-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #315  

Hi Arubabody, In answer to your question, I am just starting week 3 today and I started exercising this past weekend, lifting some weights and 20 minutes on my treadmill. Honestly I don't think I would've done well had I started before that because for the first week on the IP program I was finding myself alittle weak and lightheaded so I didn't even attempt my treadmill (which has just recently been brought out of storage and dusted off for use lol) I'm feeling great these days though and I don't get tired at all while working out....I get bored easily but not tired lol.

Good luck and welcome.
Closed Thread