Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvan View Post
that was my 4th week weigh in. I am just starting my 5th week. I am not exercising, I can't actually because I just had hernia surgery so it seems to be fine for me to eat 4 packs. I tried only 3 yesterday but I was starving! I'll stick w/the plan they gave me!
My coach said that if you are going to cheat, and extra IP pack (not restricted) is the way to go!!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #257  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicibel View Post
Now remember girls (are there boys here too?) this is my first day with the food but I have a couple questions already. How the heck do you get the salt down? That is a ton of very salty salt and I have had lunch and it is barely gone. Also the loose saggy skin is a big concern for me. Once the fat is gone my now fairly smooth complexion will be all wrinkled and my arms will keep waving long after I've stopped. How do you fit jello into this diet and does that really work? Suggestions will be appreciated. By the way I have over 75 pounds to lose. Yuck!!!
Cicibel: For the salt, I sprinkle some on my veggies and salads and might be getting a little less that the recommanded but still getting some!

I am already down 71 pounds (since august with december as break) and I have some loose skin issue. I have been told by my family doctor that skin can take up to a year to get back where it should be and not to worry too much about it. As for jelly, I eat one every other day as part of my lunch and find it handy. I prepare it in a small container the night before and keeps me from hunger (with my 2 cups of selected veggies and a salad). On the other days, I eat a soup (chicken) to which I add microwave steamed veggies.

The first days are the hardest, you will get used to the "routine"!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #258  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back to SandraB (sorry about your family emergency - sounds like Mexico was a blast) and Torchlaker (did you get a new vehicle yet) - missed you guys!

Can't remember who posted what - terrible memory - but trying to remember some of the questions.

bad bread - my consultant carries SPRY gum - love all the various flavors and sometimes it is just what i need for a bit of sweet or a hit of refresh. I think someone mentioned it was available somewhere else - online maybe... If you read Dr Tran's book somewhere in there he mentiones bad breath and suggests, I think, ending your meal with radish and some other vegetable - i guess parsley would work.

saggy skin and jello - I just don't know - we had a discussion about this before - Dr. Oz says these "collagen" products don't work - but they can't hurt and if you like the taste - why not? Water, water and more water will probably help - we all know how dry and yucky our skin gets in the winter when it's dehydrated so drink lots of water. I'm finding a few more wrinkles than I had before too - my fat was a natural botox i guess.

Salt - I use salt in my soup at lunch time and salt my food at supper. I don't worry about getting enough - if it tastes good, salty enough, and I don't have a headache, that's my gauge.

Fear of starting, fear of failing - just take a leap of faith and commit 100%. What got me so motivated was a friend that i hadn't seen in a couple of months - she had lost 40 lbs and was just glowing with happiness. I figured lose weight - and lots right away - no starve yourself all week to lose 1 lb (like lots of diets we've all been on), have lots of energy and be so happy like she was - it was a no brainer for me. I called and made an appt that day.

As I shared early on - there were some detractors - and quite frankly that hurt my feelings a bit - but... i did the reading and know that i'm eating healthy, I had the support of my husband and two teenage sons and i saw the results on the scale and in the measurments. those detractors are pretty quiet now - and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them on this diet at some point.

sorry for the long post - feeling chatty today
Old 01-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #259  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by charawayne View Post
Hi everyone!

I am new to this site, but I have been on Ideal Protein for 2 months and have lost 30 LBS

I was wondering if anyone had tried replacing there social meal of the day with another packet? If i skip the animal protein and add another ideal protein packet instead, would it affect my weight loss any?

And thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks so much!
P.S. I love all the recipe ideas!
Not sure about this I have not read any posts where others have done this so I suggest asking your coach what they think. Let us all know because now I am curious.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #260  
Started IP 1/19/10

S/C/G: 257.8/203.8/170

Height: 5'7

My first weigh-in 9.4lbs and 8.4 inches...
Wow that was amazing news for me and was definitely the boost I needed!
Hope everyone is having a good rest of the day.
I know that the Turnip Fries recipe is on the recipe page but I've looked and can't find it.. Does anyone have it handy they could send it to me really quick? I really want to fix them for dinner and my fiance really wants to try them!!!
Thanks all!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #261  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie09 View Post
I know that the Turnip Fries recipe is on the recipe page but I've looked and can't find it.. Does anyone have it handy they could send it to me really quick? I really want to fix them for dinner and my fiance really wants to try them!!!
Thanks all!
WAY TO GO BYRDIE!! That makes the diet seem a bit easier hey!!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #262  

I'm having Sweet & Sour Meatballs with Peppers, leeks & zucchini for dinner tonight...can't wait
Old 01-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #263  
Started IP 1/19/10

S/C/G: 257.8/203.8/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
WAY TO GO BYRDIE!! That makes the diet seem a bit easier hey!!
Most definitely! haha.. I'm feeling like the weekends might be eaiser if I keep getting results like that!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #264  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie09 View Post
Thanks all!
That is an AWESOME 1st week loss! Good for you!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #265  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

ok so I had a total meltdown today and did not make good choices. I had to go out of town for work and went to a town that has one of my favorite food places so we stopped for lunch. I could have made a great choices but instead for some reason I chose to have no will power and ordered what I always order when I go there. I had fried chicken and jo jo's with ranch. It was so yummy and I only feel slighly guilty. I know that while on phase1 we should not "stray" from the diet and when we have many of us have planned it. But I also know that I will not eat three packets a day forever and there are going to be those times when I indulge. So I will march forward with my head held high and continue my week with iron will. I will get back on that horse and continue my battle against the bulge.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
ok so I had a total meltdown today and did not make good choices. I had to go out of town for work and went to a town that has one of my favorite food places so we stopped for lunch. I could have made a great choices but instead for some reason I chose to have no will power and ordered what I always order when I go there. I had fried chicken and jo jo's with ranch. It was so yummy and I only feel slighly guilty. I know that while on phase1 we should not "stray" from the diet and when we have many of us have planned it. But I also know that I will not eat three packets a day forever and there are going to be those times when I indulge. So I will march forward with my head held high and continue my week with iron will. I will get back on that horse and continue my battle against the bulge.
Melissa, you are doing better than I am. I had to go on the alternative plan after xmas. I just missed certain foods too much. Hold you head up high, get back on the plan like you said, and feel proud that you can indulge and know what it takes to get back on the horse.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #267  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

In regards to getting enough salt in your day, I just take a tsp of salt at once and wash it down with liberal amounts of water! I really dislike salt so this is the only way that I can make myself take it!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #268  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
I have been using the listerine strips, I heard gum wasn't good for the diet. Not sure if the listerine is affecting it though, my first weigh in is tomorrow so I have nothing to base it on.
My coach told us to use Listerine strips; she said it was the only thing we were allowed to use, so it should definitely not affect your weight loss (it hasn't affected my boyfriend's or mine, anyway). Now that I am really in the thick of ketosis and my breath is SUPER intense (I remember reading the posts about it, but I didn't believe it until I smelled it!), the strips are a very temporary solution. I also have a travel-size bottle of mouthwash at work that I bring with me when I go to the restroom to "freshen up" (I'm a teacher, so I spend a lot of time face to face with kids during the day, and I don't want any comments about the breath!). This has been working so far for me.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #269  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
In regards to getting enough salt in your day, I just take a tsp of salt at once and wash it down with liberal amounts of water! I really dislike salt so this is the only way that I can make myself take it!
That's not a bad idea. I HATE salt too, but I've been trying to mix it in with my salad dressing and sprinkle it on the turnip fries and my meats. I've also been using soy sauce and eating dill pickles occasionally, and my coach said that on those days I don't have to add as much salt. I like your method too though!!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #270  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I can't answer exactly answer question 1. I didn't have fear before I started but, I did have fear/doubt after. That came more from the disbelief at how well this worked. For me, I just kept going. I knew/know that my fear is based on programs in the passed, tried and failed, and those were nothing like this. I also keep reminding myself it is within my control and not some abstract thing. It is 9 weeks in and, yes, I still have that feeling of "what if it ends? what if I don't get there? what if I get to goal and gain it all back?". I just keep trying to do today and, then, do tomorrow. Letting each day take care of itself is helping me.

I haven't had any saboteurs really. I have had the greatest support from family, BF, and friends. Occasionally there are little slips made (offers of a glass of wine, a cookie,etc) but they are just the usual offers of social politeness is how I see it. They never have forced or encourage me in the wrong direction. They usually quickly retract what they have said. In the case of my BF he has become a great support reminding me when to eat, did you get in this/that, and generally being my at home coach.

I have lost 49 pounds and, admittedly, have another 55 to go. I dont have any sagging or lose skin. In fact, My boyfriends says he is really impressed by the way it is working for me. I do take in 1 pom drink, 2 mango drinks, and 3 jellos each week. I also drink 3 to 4 liters of water a day. I was told that both the foods and the extra water help with the skin returning to where it should be.

Dear Showgirlaz,

Congrats on your 49 lbs weight loss. That's fantastic! And no loose skin - bonus! Do you mind if I ask how old you are? The reason I ask is that when I was in my late 30's (when the weight issues began) and started a diet & exercise regimen I seemed to firm up quickly. I'm hoping that since I've only had this extra weight on my body for 10 years that my body will bounce back to it's previous life!

Anway...Thanks for the words of encouragement. Reading about your's and everyone elses success stories, as well as the rave reviews about the food has definitely prompted me to give it a whirl. What do I have to lose except pounds!

I finally bit the bullet late last night and ordered enough food for a month... At least I think I did.
Closed Thread