Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Yeppers, all hot peppers are okee dokee.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Yeppers, all hot peppers are okee dokee.
Great thank you!!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #228  

Ottawa, congrats on you reaching your goal!! Whoohooo. Now Phase 2. How is it going so far? Easy, harder??? Please don't drop off....we (I) still would love to hear from you and your experience!!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #229  

Hey Byrdie - Good luck on your weigh in today!! I'm sure you'll do great. Yahoo for week one being over hey!

Torchlaker - I am so deeply sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I can't begin to imagine your struggles. Please know that for us you are a source of strength and inspiration

Showgirlaz - Well done again this week, I'll be happy if my #'s even come close to yours as the weeks go on!! I was down 12 lbs from the morning I started (on the 18th) to yesterday morning according to my scale...but according to my coach's scale I was only down 8...but she used a different scale this week and weighed me a week earlier than I actually started (the 11th) so I think my scale is more accurate. Either way I'll take it.

Good luck this week!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #230  

My husband and I had our weigh-in last night. The numbers are not pretty but it is good to know they will only go down. Based on how much faster men lose he will be done long before me. That is not fair!!! He wants to set up scheduled weight-ins based on his other clients (He just started this program beginning of Jan so there are less than 10 of us so far). We are to go back on Friday. How much weight can I lose in 4 days? I hope I am not disappointed.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #231  

cicibel, you'll definitely lose weight in 4 days. Water weight will be a lot of it, but you will lose. And yes, it is not fair that guys lose faster than girls!!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #232  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

hi there everyone! been awhile since i have posted, and also since i followed the IP program 100%. I had a planned 3 day cheat over christmas, but what i did not plan on was a family emergency over the new year that involved alot of time and travel away from home. then of course for those that have been on awhile, know that we had our trip to mexico this month as well. i did the best i could with the circumstances (except mexico! quite carefree!) AND started back 100% yesterday. for having had trying circumstances etc, i am not too disappointed in the small weight gain, as i know i will lose it in the first week and by the time of my first weigh in, believe that i will start exactly where i left off in december. this is a little encouraging, as i had several weeks of no packets at all, and just being very mindful of what i ate. so gives me hope for life after IP...and then i had the 10 days in mexico, where - how can i put it - "when in mexico..." i did not monitor any dietary need, including beverages!!! but i did find myself staying away from silly things that i could eat any time, fries, bacon etc.....so i can say that i have certain things built into my mind as a result of IP. so i have pretty much lost a month - no weight loss....small gain, but feel more invigorated to carry on now. and was starting to lose that towards christmas. i was seriously thinking of moving to the WW program. Now i think i will continue with this for at least the month of february. which will be difficult because again we are travelling, (not for pleasure this time) but will be away from home again for an extended period. and i just find this a little bit harder when away from home!!! but going to try my best. best of luck to everyone.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #233  
Started IP 1/19/10

S/C/G: 257.8/203.8/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
I have been using the listerine strips, I heard gum wasn't good for the diet. Not sure if the listerine is affecting it though, my first weigh in is tomorrow so I have nothing to base it on. Good luck tonight on your weigh in and just think in a couple of months we can have that "social drink" again!!

Thats what I heard too! I will definitely try the listerine strips.. I don't see why we couldn't use those! I am so looking forward to those "social drinks"
I will post tonight how I do after my weigh-in!! Keep me up-to-date on your progress!!! Its so nice to have someone to talk to that started the same time!!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #234  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
First let me say, all of you are such an inspiration. I've been reading through the posts now for about 1 1/2 weeks and have been blown away by all of the successes. I really admire your strength and determination.

All of this makes me wonder...why am I still straddling the fence? Fear? Fear of yet another failed attempt; fear that I will hate the food; fear that I will get started just to stop b/c of some family pressures; fear that b/c I have 75lbs. to lose that my skin will be sagging and dragging; fear of success?

So, my questions for today are: (1) how did you get over the fear to try this? (2) what do you do or have done with the "friendly and not so friendly" saboteurs? and (3) for those that have lost significant weight (say 40+ lbs) w/out exercise, is your skin firm or do you now have a lot of excess skin that needs firming? And is that even possible?

Thanks so much for answering my questions and concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
I can't answer exactly answer question 1. I didn't have fear before I started but, I did have fear/doubt after. That came more from the disbelief at how well this worked. For me, I just kept going. I knew/know that my fear is based on programs in the passed, tried and failed, and those were nothing like this. I also keep reminding myself it is within my control and not some abstract thing. It is 9 weeks in and, yes, I still have that feeling of "what if it ends? what if I don't get there? what if I get to goal and gain it all back?". I just keep trying to do today and, then, do tomorrow. Letting each day take care of itself is helping me.

I haven't had any saboteurs really. I have had the greatest support from family, BF, and friends. Occasionally there are little slips made (offers of a glass of wine, a cookie,etc) but they are just the usual offers of social politeness is how I see it. They never have forced or encourage me in the wrong direction. They usually quickly retract what they have said. In the case of my BF he has become a great support reminding me when to eat, did you get in this/that, and generally being my at home coach.

I have lost 49 pounds and, admittedly, have another 55 to go. I dont have any sagging or lose skin. In fact, My boyfriends says he is really impressed by the way it is working for me. I do take in 1 pom drink, 2 mango drinks, and 3 jellos each week. I also drink 3 to 4 liters of water a day. I was told that both the foods and the extra water help with the skin returning to where it should be.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-26-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #235  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvan View Post
My coach said it is to keep my metabolism up.....EVERYONE they work with is encouraged to eat 4 a day! No wonder why I was having trouble squeezing everything in! It seems to be working so I won't complain (down 6# this week!) Anyway thanks for your views...I was really confused! I actually didn't have my afternoon snack today and I was STARVING! No wonder why some of you are having so much trouble! Thanks!

WOW!! I am so amazed! That is great weightloss on 4 packets. How many weeks have you been doing this?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Went for week 3 weigh in. Turns out my week 1 and week 2 losses weren't as a I remember (still the same total). Got it straight now. I was sure I wouldn't see a great change in the scale this week because of the monthly, however it DID change. I FEEL smaller than 3lbs though and really wanted something to do my measurements. They do them monthly, so something to look forward to next week. The pants I wore on day 1-- I can pull them off without buttoning (with effort). Next week I hope these pants won't stay on!

For those concerned about food prep at work (a topic several months back b/c of co-workers responses)--I brought the cereal today (in addition to a salad). I had opened it and put in a small plastic container to carry to work. No mixing in the shaker, no packet to explain....it really just looks like some regular cereal. And it gives me the crunch factor (a needed difference in texture). I made it at my desk , ate, and then packed it up to take home. No mess, super fast for those that need that option. Glad I bought the cereal this week because mixing/heating/preping/answer all the questions about the soup was getting annoying!

Good luck this week everyone!
Congratulations!! How exciting to wear the pants so loose!! That is awesome! You probably are smaller! I know the inches come off even when the pounds don't very much. I am so glad you are enjoying the cereal. It is something I like too.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleydar View Post
I can't believe how well this program works...went for my first weigh in just 5 days after starting the program - lost 5 1/5 pounds! If someone had told me you could loose that much weight in 5 days I wouldn't have believed it. I know it's mostly water but dang!

WHOO HOOO!! That is great loss for a week let alone 5 days! Keep it up!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
Showgirlaz,
Your meatball recipe sounds amazing! Any idea how many meatballs you could have as a serving on Phase 1? I could do the math, but hoped you already have! Thanks!
I am so sorry but I didn't do a serving break down. It really depends on the size of meatball you roll. It is still just 5oz precooked meat per. so, you might try rolling 1/2 oz to 1 oz meat balls then know that at 1/2 oz each you get 10 or 1 oz would be 5. Sorry I can't offer more help.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #239  

[QUOTE=Mom22;3116641]
Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey there!

I don't see so much for mistakes! Cauliflower and broccoli are DEFINATELY allowed. The sugarfree jello seems to be a judgement call by your coach so, it may not do much damage at all.

I just downloaded and read Dr. Tran's book (OgDog posted the link a while back) and it's interesting what he has on his list of "Vegetables to Enjoy" (eat "an unlimited amount") and "Enjoy in Moderation vegetables". He doesn't use carbs as the count but uses glycemic index as the determining factor.
"Vegetables to Enjoy: asparagus, swiss chard, celery, chicory, chinese cabbage, cucumber, zucchini, watercress, endive, spinach, fennel, lettuce, mache (lamb's lettuce), sorrel, bell peppers, radishes.
Vegetables to Enjoy in Moderation: eggplant, broccoli, fresh button mushrooms, cabbage, sauerkraut, cauliflower, red cabbage, green beans, turnips, dandelion, leeks, soy sprouts, tomatoes.
Vegetables to Avoid: artichokes, beets, carrots, celeriac, brussels sprouts, salsify."

I'm assuming that those ones not on the list should be avoided - corn, peas, etc. This list is quite a bit different than the list I got from my coach - he does say that the list of ones to enjoy in moderation "some nutritionists disallow them; however, if you don't overdo it, these vegetables will not keep you from losing weight). Interesting isn't it??!!

As for the sugar free jello - I couldn't find any in my cupboard to check - if it's sweetened with Aspartame it's not allowed - it has to be sweetened with Splenda (sucralose). I think you can use Knox gelatin - it's a protein and has no carbs or sugar - sweeten it with splenda and use flavorings for taste (lemon, lime??) or rhubarb with splenda and gelatin makes a nice dessert.
WOW!!! I didn't know any of that!!! I have been eating alot of the in moderation category! Hmmm. Guess I will be making some changes this week. THANKS! Anything that help make things faster is great for me!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #240  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlbertPrincess View Post
Well for all of you who are struggling to get through your first week, I did it and I lost 15lbs my first week. My coach said its the largest one week loss she has ever seen. Can you believe it? Wow those first few days were tough but it is soooooo worth it! I have a long way to go but what a great way to start. YAY!!!
OMG!! That is AMAZING!! You dropped so much in week one!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you do this next week! Are you recording inches lost too?
Closed Thread