Ideal Protein Diet Chat - Week of January 22 to ??

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Thanks for all the wonderful info! I am caught between excited and scared about starting this plan. I want to get going but afraid it won't work or that I won't be able to do it. Nevertheless, I will be weighed and measured tomorrow night and it's on with the show!! At the orientation last week the Dr said something about the snack IP I will be allowed needs to be eaten an hour before bed. Have you heard about this and do any of you know why that would be a requirement? I am sure I will be asking a million more questions during my first week and so on. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Don't be afraid! I know it is easy to say now; I was very nervous too. In my case it came from being on programs that didn't really work well for me. You will be great at this. It takes getting through the first week and that first weigh in. Even then the disbelief is huge. AND, you change so fast it is sometimes hard to see it in yourself. Just measure, find a slightly small piece of clothing and watch yourself "slide" into it one day. THIS WORKS and you will be so glad you did it!
  • Quote: A recipe for Taco Seasoning - to make "Lettuce Taco Cups" for Superbowl...

Ingredients:
    2 tbsp chili powder
    1 1/2 tbsp cumin
    1 1/2 tsp paprika
    1 tbsp onion powder
    1 tbsp garlic powder
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (mild) or
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (hotter)

Combine all ingredients, blending well - store in an airtight container. Use 2 tbsp per pound of ground beef, turkey or chicken

Yield: approx 4 batches
    You are so CUTE!! I loved the response to the chili suggestion!

I tried the taco salad cups today! YUMMY!! Thanks it was perfect! My honey wanted nachos so, He got his "heart attack on a plate" and I used the on program seasoned meat to make the cups! It really kept me from wanting his item! Perfectly timed!

How are you doing this weekend? Any non scale victories?
  • Thanks showgirlaz for your continued encouragement and for your fabulous recipes!

Thanks to Jordanna too! How are you doing? What day are you on now?

Jtvan- Thanks for your comments also! I always love the support!

Swilk- Today was a rough day for me also! BUt yours sounds much worse! I'm so glad you made it through!

Eastcoastmama-Sometimes I take my snack in the afternoon bc I get pretty hungry before dinner.. Good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • Quote: Ladies I need to share my two victories in the last two days!!! Friday I took my son and his buddy to McDonalds and I DIDN'T EAT ANYTHING!!!! I drank my water and enjoyed watching my boy play in the play park. Last night was my husband's birthday party. It was a party for multiple people and there was a huge spread of all of my favorite Indian foods. OMG I had to pass up Butter Chicken and Naan and saffron rice along with lots of other beautiful dishes. Nevermind the expensive red and white wines being shared. I am proud to say that I did not deviate from my plan of no cheating. I decided before we went that I was not going to cheat no matter what and I didn't. I am super proud of myself and confident that if I can get through that night I can do anything!!
    EXCELLENT WORK! I love non scale victories! I don't know how you did it; I love Indian food. Just the smell of the spices gets me! I have been making chicken, lamb, and fish curries and cauliflower rice just so I can use/have some of the spice once a week! I am sure your husband was very proud of your stick-to-it-iveness!
  • Quote: Ok just got back from my week 4 weigh in......lost 6# down 16lbs total! So excited! What is even more exciting is I have increased my muscle mass as well! I am out of the 160's too! I wish I was told I could eat all of the chicken broth I wanted (I asked about it after reading the posts here!) So I will be making my own soups now! Yea!
    WOW!! You only have 25 pounds to go!! Aren't you getting excited! You will be there before spring is here!! Just think of all the fun summer outfits you'll wear. AND gaining muscle tone too! You have to feel awesome today! I can't wait to reach the stage you are at right now! I will be so excited, I think!

How do you know you are increasing the muscle mass? Are you measuring body fat too?
  • Had delicious taco cups tonight. I marinated some strips of inside round steak in some "taco" spices overnight and then sauteed the beef with diced zucchini, green pepper & green onion. I served it rolled up in Romaine Lettuce as though they were tacos...so good.

I weigh in tomorrow - I hope I put up a good #!!

Thanks for the recipes showgirl!
  • Has anyone checked out the recipes on trantiendiet.com? He says somethings may be called for that are not on phase 1 but they are in such small quantities they will not effect the program or our ketosis. Here is the link:

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique35

Also, Has anyone tried any of the recipes from the idealtogo.com forum? Just curious and if you have were they good? I noticed a chicken schwarma on there!

http://www.idealtogo.com/phpbb3/index.php
  • Quote: You are so CUTE!! I loved the response to the chili suggestion!

I tried the taco salad cups today! YUMMY!! Thanks it was perfect! My honey wanted nachos so, He got his "heart attack on a plate" and I used the on program seasoned meat to make the cups! It really kept me from wanting his item! Perfectly timed!

How are you doing this weekend? Any non scale victories?
    I'm glad you liked the Taco cups - I had them for dinner tonight too! I very much enjoyed them. I'm glad I thought of it when I did!!

I think I had a few NSV's - I went to a baby shower and a 3 year old's birthday this weekend, both with snacks and didn't cheat at all! At the baby shower when everyone was eating these delicious looking HUGE cookies I just had a big glass of water, stayed for a bit longer and then said my goodbyes!!

I even went to my mum's on Friday night for dinner, she was making spaghetti (one of my favorites of my mum's) and I didn't even hesitate I just got in the kitchen, made my own IP approved dinner and sat at the table with my family and ate...

How was your weekend? Any good NSV's?
  • A friend of mine got the IP cookbook from our coach who said to photocopy it because she didn't want to rip us off & charge us $20 each for it...so hopefully I can put up some recipes from it!!
  • Quote: Had delicious taco cups tonight. I marinated some strips of inside round steak in some "taco" spices overnight and then sauteed the beef with diced zucchini, green pepper & green onion. I served it rolled up in Romaine Lettuce as though they were tacos...so good.

I weigh in tomorrow - I hope I put up a good #!!

Thanks for the recipes showgirl!
    I hope other people like the recipes too. I know my teriyaki is more in the category of authentic Japanese (a sweetened, seasoned, soy) and not the thick style. It could be thickened but I need to find out if we are allowed to use arrowroot powder or agar powder on this plan. It is also possible to thicken with frothy egg whites which makes it stick better if you are barbcueing/grilling but it is a bit trickier and has to be done just before you put the sauce to the meat.

Sounds like a nice weekend! I hope you have a great week! I weigh in tomorrow morning. I am not too hopefully only because I started my monthly and it always causes me to weigh heavier for about 10 days. This is going to be effected and maybe next week a tiny bit. OH WELL. It is just part of it I guess!

On the positive side.... I got into a dress today that I haven't been able to slide over my hips, neither up nor down, for 10 years!! OMG! That felt so good! I remember the day I bought that dress and I felt so large then. It is a size 14. Just this summer I was wearing size 20! It is amazing to be back into things from so long ago. It was my dress for my sisters wedding, I almost didn't go because I felt so very fat and ugly and unable to find anything suitable. At the last moment it was found, it is classicly tailored and I felt comfortable. I have hung on to it because I knew what I weighed back then and hoped I could get back there one day. Today was that day and it was such a relief, a giant sigh, a giggle, and tears all happened at once. It is weird to feel like you are "unwrapping" yourself!
  • Quote:
    Thanks to Jordanna too! How are you doing? What day are you on now?
    Hiya Byrdie,

Today was day 7 - I weigh in tomorrow evening! I'm very excited to see my results...I haven't gotten on the scale in the last couple days hoping to see something great tomorrow night.

I've been finding it easier and easier as I get into the groove of cooking on IP. I love to cook and I love food so I don't like having the same thing all the time. It's been fun challenging myself to come up with something different to eat for dinner every day!
  • Quote: Hiya Byrdie,

Today was day 7 - I weigh in tomorrow evening! I'm very excited to see my results...I haven't gotten on the scale in the last couple days hoping to see something great tomorrow night.

I've been finding it easier and easier as I get into the groove of cooking on IP. I love to cook and I love food so I don't like having the same thing all the time. It's been fun challenging myself to come up with something different to eat for dinner every day!
    We have so much in common! I love to cook too and if it weren't for the creative side I would have a hard time with this! We are evening weighing in the same day! Sharing results should be fun. I think it will be easy and fun helping each other make birthday goals!
  • Quote: I hope other people like the recipes too. I know my teriyaki is more in the category of authentic Japanese (a sweetened, seasoned, soy) and not the thick style. It could be thickened but I need to find out if we are allowed to use arrowroot powder or agar powder on this plan. It is also possible to thicken with frothy egg whites which makes it stick better if you are barbcueing/grilling but it is a bit trickier and has to be done just before you put the sauce to the meat.

Sounds like a nice weekend! I hope you have a great week! I weigh in tomorrow morning. I am not too hopefully only because I started my monthly and it always causes me to weigh heavier for about 10 days. This is going to be effected and maybe next week a tiny bit. OH WELL. It is just part of it I guess!

On the positive side.... I got into a dress today that I haven't been able to slide over my hips, neither up nor down, for 10 years!! OMG! That felt so good! I remember the day I bought that dress and I felt so large then. It is a size 14. Just this summer I was wearing size 20! It is amazing to be back into things from so long ago. It was my dress for my sisters wedding, I almost didn't go because I felt so very fat and ugly and unable to find anything suitable. At the last moment it was found, it is classicly tailored and I felt comfortable. I have hung on to it because I knew what I weighed back then and hoped I could get back there one day. Today was that day and it was such a relief, a giant sigh, a giggle, and tears all happened at once. It is weird to feel like you are "unwrapping" yourself!
    Hooray for NSV's!! I have some size 14 jeans under my bed that I fit in to for only a brief period of time in my adult life (lost a bunch of weight on Nutrisystem and then gained it all back and more). I tucked them away in hopes that one day I'd fit them again...I can't wait

Just think - if your weight loss slows down for the next 10 days or so, you'll have a great weigh in once it's over!

I am so looking forward to trying your teriyaki meatballs and chili too!!
  • Hello! It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've been trying to keep up with everyone's successes and struggles. At first I didn't post because everything was just going well and didn't seem to be much to report. Then I had a planned cheat on New Year's Day and it took me 2 1/2 weeks to finally get fully back on the horse. I wasn't terrible during that time, but had a small to medium cheat almost every day. Having a no loss/no gain weighin on Monday, a lot of prayer and reading all of the posts here has finally got me back on my game. I've been diligent again since Wednesday. I'm not expecting a huge loss tomorrow morning, but will be happy with a solid 3. I don't think I'll be letting myself cheat again anytime soon. It was just too hard to not cheat afterwards.

Thanks for all of the great recipes you've all been sharing. The spicy cauliflower was delicous. Tonight it was Spicy Cauliflower and Broccoli (broccoli sucks up the spice a lot more than the cauli). Showgirlaz, please share your curry recipes. I drove past my favorite Indian restaurant yesterday and was thinking "how long will it be before I can have some chicken tika masala and naan?" A looooooongggggg time! I love Indian food!

I did have a non-scale victory last night. We had a family dinner last night to rally around my hubby's grandfather after his grandma past away Friday night. We went to Outback and waited 90 minutes for our table. The manager sent out cheese fries and bloomin onion for the table. It was 8:30 and I was starving! Just sat there drinking my water and watching everyone partake in the fat. Boy did I scarf down my salad when it came. I was thinking of whoever wrote awhile back that they just imagine people getting fatter when they are in that situation. So I had a salad, filet and double broccoli.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but I just wanted to thank you all for all of your great posts and support. I'd hate to do this plan without you!
  • Quote: I hope other people like the recipes too. I know my teriyaki is more in the category of authentic Japanese (a sweetened, seasoned, soy) and not the thick style. It could be thickened but I need to find out if we are allowed to use arrowroot powder or agar powder on this plan. It is also possible to thicken with frothy egg whites which makes it stick better if you are barbcueing/grilling but it is a bit trickier and has to be done just before you put the sauce to the meat.

That is so awesome that you were able to fit into that dress. And just think, in a few weeks it'll probably look like a tent on you!

I just started a box of clothes to donate because they're too big for me, which now has 6-7 pairs of pants in it, two of which I got from Goodwill as "transitional" pants. I tried on a pair that was starting to get a little snug on me at Thanksgiving, right before I started IP... and I seriously felt like Jared from the Subway commercials, pulling the front away from me and seeing how much space there was!

This week is "rush" week for the pharmacy fraternities at Mercer, so Friday night I went out to one of the parties at a sports bar. I did break down and have a drink, but it was just a dirty martini and I took a carb blocker right before. They had some amazing looking spinach and artichoke dip, chips and guac, chicken tenders, grilled veggie wraps... I hadn't eaten since lunch before going, so I just took a few of the veggie wraps and threw out the tortillas, and scraped the breading off of a chicken tender. I got a few confused looks, but the compliments I received on how good I looked while dancing totally made it worthwhile. You know something's changed when straight guys in your class actually come up to you to ask if you've lost weight!