Ideal Protein Diet Chat - Week of January 22 to ??

You're on Page 21 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: My first weigh-in 9.4lbs and 8.4 inches...
    Wow that was amazing news for me and was definitely the boost I needed!
    Hope everyone is having a good rest of the day.
    I know that the Turnip Fries recipe is on the recipe page but I've looked and can't find it.. Does anyone have it handy they could send it to me really quick? I really want to fix them for dinner and my fiance really wants to try them!!!
    Thanks all!
    Great job!! I go tonight for my first weigh in, but I really don't feel like I have lost anything. Hopefully the scale will say otherwise and I will be encouraged to stick with it. Again awesome job I am so happy for you!!
  • Hey Ladies!!
    Wow, I haven't been on in about a week or so and it looks like you are all doing AMAZING! I love reading all of the posts on here, and like I have said before, it really does help with a lot of the questions and fears that we all have when following such a strict diet! Well I started on Jan 2nd and as of Monday I am down 19lbs!! can you believe that??!!? It is so great to finally have people notice all your hard work! only 41 more lbs to go lol. Well I hope all of you ladies are having a wonderfull day I have a planned cheat day on Friday (my cousin's b-day) and i get to have some sushi..YUM! Well keep up the good work! You all are an inspiration
  • I need a favor......I would like someone that is taking the IP supplements and has time today to list the Nutritional Facts I would really appreciate it. I'm trying to find an alternate/cheaper line with the same benefits.
  • Quote: That's not a bad idea. I HATE salt too, but I've been trying to mix it in with my salad dressing and sprinkle it on the turnip fries and my meats. I've also been using soy sauce and eating dill pickles occasionally, and my coach said that on those days I don't have to add as much salt. I like your method too though!!
    Here's one of the things I do to get some of the salt in. I like to take lettuce and cucumbers and add lemon juice and salt. It's very yummy and you don't mind the salt because of the lemon. Kind of counteracts it, like when you do a tequila shot, lol.
  • Quote: Great job!! I go tonight for my first weigh in, but I really don't feel like I have lost anything. Hopefully the scale will say otherwise and I will be encouraged to stick with it. Again awesome job I am so happy for you!!
    Alihal - I didn't really feel like I'd lost anything either even though the scale was telling me different all week!! If you've been following the plan I'm sure you'll do great
  • I need some opinions/suggestions/thoughts/

I'm kind of freaking out. To update my FitDay sometimes I will use the Nutritional Info off of the actual IP website http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_cae...o=152&c=3&p=15 And today I just noticed a discrepancy on the Wild-berry Yogurt. The 1st thing I notice from the actual box to the website was the carbs. The box says 5 carbs and the website says 14 Thats a huge difference. So I started to look further into it and realize the actual ingredient are different too! I am really upset. I don't know how to take it. Do you think I should call IP?
  • Regaring taget/ideal body weight, Dr. Tien has stuff about that in his book.

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG...re_Dr_Tran.pdf
  • Quote: I need some opinions/suggestions/thoughts/

I'm kind of freaking out. To update my FitDay sometimes I will use the Nutritional Info off of the actual IP website http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_cae...o=152&c=3&p=15 And today I just noticed a discrepancy on the Wild-berry Yogurt. The 1st thing I notice from the actual box to the website was the carbs. The box says 5 carbs and the website says 14 Thats a huge difference. So I started to look further into it and realize the actual ingredient are different too! I am really upset. I don't know how to take it. Do you think I should call IP?
    I too noticed some big differences in info. when I was comparing for my order.....that is sorta why I figured it was worth a shot. It would be interesting to find out!
  • Quote: I need some opinions/suggestions/thoughts/

Wow!! Does Matol have the same product? Personally, I'd call/email!!!! Perhaps it is just a recent change and therefore the discrepancy??

Just looked, Matol has a Yogurt and Fieldberry drink that looks VERY similar but also has the 14 carbs listed. That vs 5 is a BIG difference.
  • Thanks ritiki19, awesome idea for the whip cream and chocolate and freezing it, im gonna do the same, im a chocoholic, fatty food was never my problem, it was way too much chocolate and sugar that got me fat!! Tehy said I would loe my cravings but Ive been on this since Oct 1st and have yet to rid myself of sugar cravings but I dont cheat, if I do its just a dab inthe all natural peanut butter jar!!! Thanks again!!
  • Hi alihal,
    I see you're located in Dover,NJ - I'm from Rockaway and have been contemplating to start the diet. If you don't mind sharing, where's the place that you go to?
    I must admit I'm a bit affraid to start...
    Has anyone experienced any side effects? how did you deal with them?
  • Newbies, sorry if this comes of harsh, I'm not meaning it to. If you take the time to go through the older posts, ALL your questions WILL be answered. And, it is VERY informative, especially since the people currently on mainly consists of newbies. Again, sorry if it comes of harsh!!
  • Quote: Great job!! I go tonight for my first weigh in, but I really don't feel like I have lost anything. Hopefully the scale will say otherwise and I will be encouraged to stick with it. Again awesome job I am so happy for you!!
    Thank you!! I am sure you will be surpised.. Believe me I was! Definitely keep me updated on how you do! I loved your tequilla shot comment.. You're a girl after my own heart! haha The girls in my town have this one night a month called Whine and Wine.. We all get together and drink wine and WHINE!.. Its tonight. I have class anyway but I figured I better skip it because it is just too tempting.. One day!!!
  • Quote: Newbies, sorry if this comes of harsh, I'm not meaning it to. If you take the time to go through the older posts, ALL your questions WILL be answered. And, it is VERY informative, especially since the people currently on mainly consists of newbies. Again, sorry if it comes of harsh!!
    Seriously - I'm new (only a week and a half in), and I went all the way back to October (I think!) and read everything and it answered every one of my questions and more

And I don't think it's harsh Ogdog - I'm sure you all get tired of answering the same questions over and over
  • Quote: I need a favor......I would like someone that is taking the IP supplements and has time today to list the Nutritional Facts I would really appreciate it. I'm trying to find an alternate/cheaper line with the same benefits.
    I won't be able to get to this until later tonight but, if not posted before then I can help. I already did a comparison and know of one nutritional line out there that is almost exactly the same. I don't think the cost was better though, at least not in my area.