Ideal Protein Diet Chat - Week of January 22 to ??

You're on Page 20 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Thank you for the info on stocks and the comments on WF products. My coach said nothing about stocks, but now I'm thrilled to use them! I have tried several of the dressings and have to add my own ingredients too. I ordered the BBQ sauce as I heard it was amazing. I also like the whip cream. The ketchup is the sickest thing I've ever tasted and I broke down and bought the reduced sugar ketchup and use it sparingly. I also use a ton of dijion mustard!
    I have looked at a lot of the recipes, but am sometimes unclear if they are phase 1 friendly. Is the ketcup recipe okay for phase 1?
    I just put up a ketchup recipe today that is okay for phase 1 - I checked with my coach and she said it's okay
  • Hello everyone,

I have been reading in here for about a week. I want to thank you for all the informations i have found. I meat my coach tomorrow and I will be starting in a few days I guess. My only concern for now is to think about my goal weight. Any of you had that problem when you started? I have been over 200 for the last 15 years so I cannot really tell what should be my goal weight.
  • Quote: Dear Showgirlaz,

Congrats on your 49 lbs weight loss. That's fantastic! And no loose skin - bonus! Do you mind if I ask how old you are? The reason I ask is that when I was in my late 30's (when the weight issues began) and started a diet & exercise regimen I seemed to firm up quickly. I'm hoping that since I've only had this extra weight on my body for 10 years that my body will bounce back to it's previous life!

Anway...Thanks for the words of encouragement. Reading about your's and everyone elses success stories, as well as the rave reviews about the food has definitely prompted me to give it a whirl. What do I have to lose except pounds!

I finally bit the bullet late last night and ordered enough food for a month... At least I think I did.
    I don't mind the question at all! I am 41. I realize that is a big difference to someone who is in there 50's or 60's or even someone younger and maybe my skin is still a bit more responsive than it would have been if I waited til I were another decade older. It is a big reason I wanted to see this happen now. I watched my granma lose a lot of weight late in life ( 80's) and it did leave her with saggy skin.
  • Quote: Hello everyone,

I have been reading in here for about a week. I want to thank you for all the informations i have found. I meat my coach tomorrow and I will be starting in a few days I guess. My only concern for now is to think about my goal weight. Any of you had that problem when you started? I have been over 200 for the last 15 years so I cannot really tell what should be my goal weight.
    Like you, I have been over 200 pounds for along time, 10 years in my case. I am not too sure what my goal should be either but, I do know it should be under 150 pounds at my height and bone structure. That said, we decided 150 would be a good goal and, once I am there, we can pick another more appropriate goal once I am closer to my end point.
  • Quote: I don't mind the question at all! I am 41. I realize that is a big difference to someone who is in there 50's or 60's or even someone younger and maybe my skin is still a bit more responsive than it would have been if I waited til I were another decade older. It is a big reason I wanted to see this happen now. I watched my granma lose a lot of weight late in life ( 80's) and it did leave her with saggy skin.
    Showgirlaz,

Glad to hear we're relatively close in age (I just turned 47)...it gives me hope that my skin will bounce back too!
  • Quote: Regarding the breath....I know my tastes bad/seems bad. It is getting annoying....but is it really bad to others? It is just me and the kids and they haven't said a word, but they are boys and I doubt they care or notice. Anyone with a spouse or someone close that can give the final verdict?

Is it really bad breath to SMELL or just a bad taste in our mouth?

lol! I tried the lick your inner wrist and sniff test and ugh! Yep it was bad! lol! I am very self conscious of my breath and hate not being able to chew gum as much as I would like - but its a small price to pay for the end result! I really do enjoy the fennel seeds. It seems that it keeps my breath sweet and for a longer period of time.
  • regarding the WF products..... I tried to buy them from a local nutrition store, but they were sold out so bought the bbq sauce at my coach's office and just about died when she told me it was $7.00 a bottle! YIKES!! However, it was soooooo worth it! Not really the same as regular bbq sauce but sure does the trick! Did buy the ranch dressing. Not a huge fan. WIll have to try and doctor it up or something... Think I might try some raspberry jam next and add some vinegar to create a vinegarette for my salad! Should be yummy! Anyone else made a vinegarette from the jams? Any tips you can share?
  • Hi everyone! I've been sick. Congrats to everyone's Scale Victories and NSV! I had one myself yesterday. I wanted anything NOT IP approved yesterday ALL DAY. I survived. I mixed a frozen box of chopped spinach with my chicken soup and imagined creamed spinach for lunch. Oatmeal for breakfast with 2 bottles of water. A few pepperoni (I wasn't hungry for dinner) for supper and some chocolate pudding before bed. I MADE IT!!!!

showgirl az have fun!!!

torchlaker- you are amazing!

MysticalMomma- AWESOME!!!

I'll be getting a book I heard in our Spark People group called Joining the Thin Club, it's supposed to deal with life after loosing weight, and keeping it off.

Also, I just figured out on the 21st day, you can post siggy so here it is (I hope)!
  • Ritiki10 - What ship cream did you find and where? I wouldliove to get a whip cream for my puddings, thanks. do you know the nutritional info on it?
  • Quote: Does anyone know how much shipping is through newlifestylediet.com? I was going to order the shakes from there, but they won't tell me how much shipping is without putting in my credit card info, which I don't like. I was going to order one case of shakes, about $65 dollars (I don't know how they determine shipping costs). Thanks!!
    I ordered 4 boxes and shipping was $14.75.
  • Hey Showgirlaz--I am also in Scottsdale, started at the same time and started at the same weight as you. But I am positive we do not have the same coach/counselor. I am down 30lbs and have at least 35 more to go (5'10"). I need more hands on than I am getting. Are you cool with giving me the name of your coach? or sending me a PM? I've been watching the posts for the last 2 months. Figured it was time I got active and took control of my journey and stopped making excuses and setting myself up to fail. My internal voice needs be be much more positive and kind. Of course I can do this, we are all doing this!!
  • Yesterday was week 8 weigh in...down 3 more pounds. A slow week, but again I will take any and all losses as proof positive that this protocol works.

There has been a lot of chatter about loose skin and this is something I fear too. A friend of mine who had about as much wight to lose as me had gastric bypass about three years ago and she said her doctors told her it would take about a year after reaching her goal weight to see where her skin would be and sure enough it tightened up over that year. So, who knows.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Jordanna - Thanks for the ketchup recipe! I'll be making some of that this weekend for sure!!!! I'm going to toss the WF ketchup...it's the worst thing ever!

cole75 - I got the Walden Farms whip cream topping at netrition.com. It's way cheaper there than anywhere else! They charge a flat $4.95 shipping though so it's better if you order more. I tried it at my coach's office and it's really good on top of puddings/jello. I also ordered the chocolate dip as I read good reviews on Amazon. I don't have super high hopes, but it's worth a shot. I'm going to try and freeze it and make tiny chocolate pieces to get my through those sweets cravings. I don't know if anyone else has tried that?
  • Quote: Jordanna - Thanks for the ketchup recipe! I'll be making some of that this weekend for sure!!!! I'm going to toss the WF ketchup...it's the worst thing ever!
    You're welcome - I had heard the WF Ketchup was terrible. It took a few tries but I think I've perfected the recipe
  • WF dressings - mostly yuck! I bought ranch, bacon ranch - can do without both and basically just end up mixing up vinegar and olive oil in equal amounts with a bit of splenda - I don't bother putting it in the fridge - sits on the counter and I use it up fairly quickly. Mayo doesn't really taste like anything but would work for texture with some seasonings - or devilled eggs and the like. Maybe mix with the ranch and bacon ranch to tone down their strong flavors. BBQ sauce is O.K. but is a very strong hickory taste so I use it sparingly. Got the spicy BBQ sauce and same but spicier. Peanut Butter - couldn't get that taste out of my mouth fast enough. Don't think the ketchup is going to taste like ketchup because it doesn't - but don't throw it out if you've already bought it - I add some spices and use it when cooking roast in my slow cooker. You can also mix with the BBQ sauce for a different taste. I don't like Asian dressing and Balsamic on salad but are really good for marinading and cooking.

Who was it wondering about what to set for a goal weight? I had the same thing and just thought - if I could ever weigh 160 it would be amazing - now that I've been on the diet for awhile, I've changed my goal to 150. Others set theirs low and then realized they could weigh more and still look hot and amazing. Some set mini-goals for themselves so it motivates them for the long haul. No really big number but small attainable pieces. Long and short - pick a number that works for you, you're not stuck with it and you can revise it later.