Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #76  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Question:

Has anyone's sleep cycle changed since starting IP?

OMG, mine has!

I sleep deep and hard for 5 or 6 hours and then I wake up and can't sleep anymore.
Same here...I sleep well, but for fewer hours and wake with more energy. It's a WIN-WIN!!! I also used to be a really restless sleeper...sheets and pillows off the bed in the morning. Since starting IP I spend much less time making the bed! I was never officially diagnosed with sleep apnea, but think the wt loss is helping my breathing at night so I'm not as restless.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #77  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Mirazon, I see you are still clipping along. Way to go! My next weigh in is Monday, and I haven't even glanced at the scale since my last disastrous weigh in last Monday. I feel a lot lighter, though. I've been perfect except for last night, I went out to dinner with my boyfriend and his father, and ate on program, but had a diet coke and vodka, because they were slurping down margaritas... Needless to say, I had to drive home.
Hi Echobaby, Yes I'm staying faithful to the program. When I started, I was told at my weight I would have to lose 50 - 75 lbs before people would start noticing. That is proving true. People are now consistently saying "There's something different about you" they haven't figured out what yet.

Congratulations on being able to stay on program while having dinner out! That is a HUGE accomplishment. As the holidays get closer, there are going to be alot of challenges to face. I wish us all much success as we conquer them!!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 184/164/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Question:

Has anyone's sleep cycle changed since starting IP?

OMG, mine has!

I sleep deep and hard for 5 or 6 hours and then I wake up and can't sleep anymore.
I have noticed exactly the same. I used to wake up with a fog too, and now I bounce out of bed. I absolutely love this feeling!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #79  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Sleeping...

Interestingly enough my husband went for a sleep study for apnea just before he started IP, we went in for his follow up and they want to retest him as he has lost so much weight. Before he stopped breathing 40 times per hour so it will be interesting to see what the next study shows. Also, he has suffered with headaches since forever now it is rare that he gets one!!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 184/164/145

Height: 5'10"

Default Temptation Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Torchlaker, I posted a bunch of high protein, low carb shake recipes on the recipe site. Let me know how the pudding works out. I'm hunting for more pudding recipes for you.
Wow Ogdog. Thanks for all those great recipes! I sure appreciate all of you who post on here. I don't have a lot of time to keep up on the posts, but the last few days I've been having that creeping feeling of "one bite will be OK" and so tempted to cheat. I came on here and read up and feel like new again! This is such a great group.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #81  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirazon View Post
Hi Echobaby, Yes I'm staying faithful to the program. When I started, I was told at my weight I would have to lose 50 - 75 lbs before people would start noticing. That is proving true. People are now consistently saying "There's something different about you" they haven't figured out what yet.

Congratulations on being able to stay on program while having dinner out! That is a HUGE accomplishment. As the holidays get closer, there are going to be alot of challenges to face. I wish us all much success as we conquer them!!
I'm so proud of you. You are so consistent...you're an inspiration.

The hardest part about the dinner last night was the smell of the fresh tortilla chips with the fresh salsa!! (It was a Mexican restaurant). I was lucky, they had steak and vegetables....but that smell almost drove me nuts.

One good thing, I got into jeans I haven't been able to fit in 2 or 3 years. I'm going to have to dig out my boxes of old, too small clothes. Now I look like I'm trying to "sag" my jeans like the kids do. Is that what they call it?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #82  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
One good thing, I got into jeans I haven't been able to fit in 2 or 3 years. I'm going to have to dig out my boxes of old, too small clothes. Now I look like I'm trying to "sag" my jeans like the kids do. Is that what they call it?
WOW!!! Talk about a major NSV!!! You're wearing clothes you haven't worn in 2 - 3 years!!! Major happy dance for you
Old 12-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Can't figure out what happened to the post i put on last night...and now I can't remember a thing I said.

Mirazon...you have lost the equivalent of nearly 2 bags of my dogfood!! Or my granddaughter!! I had fun yesterday going to my sewing meeting...NOW everyone can notice....(before - like you - they couldn't quite figure it out)...and I just reveled in the compliments.

Like you...Echobaby -- my "new" jeans from the thrift store are sagging...I just bought them! I should try wearing them low like the kids do....walk around with a swagger.....

My *&^%%$ scale finally moved this morning. I might have "hit" on my elixer for making "things move." We will see.

We are under a winter storm advisory here in Michigan....it is so beautiful out this morning. Wish I knew how to post a picture here (for all you southerners). I am gonna stay in my flannel p.j.'s all day...and work on Christmas gifts!! Maybe play some Christmas music! (Dunno....still have a hard time with Christmas music and Christmas movies.....instead of making me happy, it depresses me). BUT it is a major step forward that I made my Christmas gifts....I hadn't done that since Eddie left for Iraq.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #84  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Mirazon...you have lost the equivalent of nearly 2 bags of my dogfood!! Or my granddaughter!! .... (Dunno....still have a hard time with Christmas music and Christmas movies.....instead of making me happy, it depresses me).

What a visual!!!I need to go try to lift something that weighs 50 lbs to cement in the fact that I never want to go back to where I was!!

Torchlaker, I wish you nothing but peace and happiness this holiday season Even during this difficult time, you have a giving spirit. You share your journey with all of this through your posts, and offer unconditional support. Being with your family over the holidays will be uplifting. Please let us know if we can help support you during this holiday season and time of remeberance for your husband. I gain so much from all the people who post here and share their experiences. I'll be praying for you.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #85  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Everyone is doing so great. If you are NOT doing great and you are reading this, please know that we are here to help! Just write your question/concern and one of us will surely have experienced the same situation and respond to you.

Support is a major part of a wt. loss program and it's FREE here. Take advantage of it!

I have to confess that I sometimes take "little bites" of illegal foods whenever they are right in front of me. I realized that the smell and the first taste of anything are the most satisfying. So I will take a tiny piece (or sip)of whatever, smell it and then eat it very slowly and I am done with it.

I am lucky because I have my skinny DBF around that eats "whatever he wants" and I am able to "taste" some of his food.

But let me tell you, it is a "slippery slope" and not everyone can play this game.

I have a vision of myself in size 10 jeans (I am a loose 14 now) and that vision keeps me from "eating the whole thing."

A very interesting point though is that my boyfriend has given up bread, pasta and desserts. He has lost 6 pounds since October.

He loves to eat my "legal" foods, also. Grilled tilapia, steaks, roasted chicken breast, baked eggplant, steamed veggies, huge mixed salads. Mmmmmhmmm. It is a great diet.

RE: taste of IP packaged foods. Here's a few thoughts/tips that have helped me along the way.

1. the packages are meal replacements to provide adequate protein and satisfy your hunger throughout the day until you can get to your "real" meal of the day. Make that meal very special for yourself. The packages are not the "special" part of your diet. Ha-ha.

2. You can pick and choose your "favorite" packages and only buy those the next time. One of my sisters eats only the bars and the pre-mixed shakes. Her husband is retired and he cooks her a fabulous dinner when she gets home from work. (Lucky her) She has lost 35 pounds since September.

3. As Torchlaker suggested, "play" with the way you prepare the packages.
Last night, I had the maple oatmeal for my bedtime snack and I added lemon flavoring and some "can't believe it's not butter" spray and a little bit of milk. It tasted (almost) like a lemon bar. LOL.

4. The packages are not forever. Phase II requires you to give up one of the packages per day and eat a 2nd real meal.

Reminder: I am one of 6 siblings and 5 of us are on IP and we are all having tremendous success. Several of our children (adult nieces and nephews) are also on IP and are losing wt. Simply put: IP works and works fast if you stick to it.

We are having a big family party in January at my Dad's house (he is turning 96) and we will all see each other for the first time since August.

We will all be eating the same healthy foods at the party! Unprecedented!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #86  

Default Clothes!

I went through my closet last night and tried on everything, even the PJ's and robes.

My criteria: unless the item fit me extremely well and looked great on me and was in very good condition it was out.

Result: very few clothes left in my closet!

I will live with that until I lose more wt. I am waiting to get into size 12 (5 more pounds, I think) so I can go shopping.

We have an Ann Taylor Loft (discount) in my area. We also have an Old Navy which has different styles of jeans for different body types.

Anyone else want to talk about clothes?
Old 12-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Ogdog: would love a pancake recipe and a low-fatish pumpkin pie (substitute) recipe. TIA.
Lilita, look at the recipes area on pages 24 and 27 for pancake recipes. LF pumpkin pie shouldn't be a problem, it will probably be the carbs you would worry about on this diet yes? I'll look around for you...remember that pumpkin is a restricted food. Let me know.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #88  
Started IP 9/30/09

S/C/G: 240.2/207.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Wondering if anyone has found any substitutes for the IP bars? I've looked around, and most of the low-carb bars still have at least 20g carbs.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #89  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Torchlaker,

Your posts profoundly affect me, and I think all of us. I'm trying not to cry as I write this. You are stronger than you know. It looks like to me that you are coming out from behind dark clouds and are peaking out, ready to blossom. Your Eddie is with you; urging you through this tough time to be the most you can be. You are a remarkable woman and truly an inspiration to all of us. Thank you.

Wow, I just had a kind of scary thought...what are we going to do after we all achieve our goals and no longer come to this forum? I feel like you are all my secret friends and I miss you when I don't get to the computer. Well, the internet is a remarkable thing. We can make another forum if we want to. As, I think, Lilita said, it's free!

I'm seriously focused now on maximizing the 2 weeks left before my son and I go to Houston to visit my Ma for Christmas. She and I are cooking a feast for the Holiday for all our family there. It will be the ultimate test....she has to be one of the world's greatest cooks. I am not joking. I am a serious foodie.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #90  

thanks Ogdog. I found the pancake recipe.

Re: pumpkin. I know it's not allowed. boohoo. I did find a low carb pumpkin pie recipe but it is NOT low fat since it has a pecan /butter crust (oh my!)

I think I will just eat a tablespoon of canned pumpkin mixed with splenda and pumpkin pie spice and be done with it. Ha-ha.

Thanks for being here. Have you thought about publishing an IP recipe book?

Lilita
Closed Thread