Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #271  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by magenta View Post
My first week results were less exciting. I lost 4.4lbs and 2" overall. Of course I am short and female and (ahem) way, way past 40. Ü

The worst part is that I am consistently hungry an hour or so before each of my scheduled meal times, and I am just dragging...
Celebrate your 4.4 lb loss!! that's amazing in one week.

A while back - someone posted a comment that I just love and think of often. It went something like this - make this the first New Year's Eve where your resolution ISN'T to lose weight.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #272  
Bumpy McPickles

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Height: 6'1"

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss this week

Torch - as far as losing inches in the chest..it will happen!!!! My present to myself after my 100 pound goal is a new set of boobs. Im gonna need them lol

Our trainer at work is building an at home exercise program for me - cant wait for that!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #273  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

QUOTE TORCHLAKER:
Mmmm....so I have been thinking....could we add protein powder to an instant oatmeal? To a SugarFree Jello Pudding? To a low carb shake? Or would I be better off just going low-carb.
Torchlaker,
Besides the fact that I have yet to taste any protien powder with as inoffensive a taste as the protien in the IP products, I have another concern going that way when we go "off packets"for a while. If we add protien to sugar-free Jello or shakes, that's one thing. Still no carbs or sugar. If we add protien powder to regular items like oatmeal, we go right back to building up our blood sugars. Then we come out of ketosis, get ravenous again, and would be more likely to cheat. I find that besides the convenience, the real value of this program is that it kills my appetite (well, mostly. Anyway it's way more under control than before). Also, we'd have to go through the whole first 3 days thing again when we return.
Whereas, if you just kept low-carb, you'd probably keep on losing, maybe even at the same rate if you didn't go overboard with the fats. Your appetite is still muted. Even if you stayed the same, when time comes to get back on IP, you wouldn't have to go through the sugar withdrawal. Maybe try the sugar-free items with protien powder and still do your dinner as now? Let us know how it goes!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #274  
Started IP 10/30/09

Question

OK, still having trouble with the site. Now from my home computer. So, Torchlaker, I think you're right about the changeover to the new folks.
Does anybody know what is going on with the original 3 fat chicks? Are they now 3 very rich chicks? Are they still around on the boards?
Old 11-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #275  

WOW I have tried to post a couple of times today and had troubles with the site also. This posting is going to be short as I am dying with a cold or flu or something. Yesterday due to being ill I did not eat any vegis and barely fit in the packets. I just ate the vanilla pudding 4 times. Today I tried really hard to eat vegis and magaed about 1/2-1 cup of broccoli at supper. I do not know if it is the program or the illness that is making me have no appetite or the felling of defeat. I really want something hardy and am uninterested in anything else. Has anyone else ever had that problem????

Josh~ WTG I hope you are doing the happy dance that is way awesome)))

magenta~ WTG that is super awesome. I know you wanted more but I think you are doing great ))))

Kawigirl~ that resipe for eggnog sounds like bliss I will definatly be trying that )) Mmmmmm

chjsmom~ whoo hooo that is awesome))

I am heading off to bed. Tmr might be tough if I am feeling up to it my girlfriend wants me to meet her for lunch. I am very nervous. I am just going to reverse my dinner and lunch but will have to be careful I stay the course.

My first weigh in is tmr, hopefully it goes well. I will post tmr

night ladies)))
Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #276  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Where are we suppose to be daily with our carb numbers while on this diet. I thought I remember hearing or reading 25-30??? Does any one know for sure?

Also, what are the requirements on the broth? I bought 99% FF low sodium & it has like 1 carb, is that ok on the diet???

I finished day 8 today, and about every other day I get major Kidney pain. Do you think my kidneys are still flushing out the old crap I ate a week ago or could it be from the 1 packet of Crystal Light that I have on a daily basis?

Thanks for all the Info & keep up the good work!
Meghan
Old 11-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

Height: 5'8"

I've not had luck with Crystal light, it gives me a stomach ache and seems to interfere with my weight loss. Who knows, its probably just me.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #278  
Started 11/05/2009

S/C/G: 151.4/145/115

Height: 5'

Wow, yesterday was a really tough day and I checked here half a dozen times to no avail - the site was down. So glad to have you all back in touch! Happy weekend everyone! Ü
Old 11-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #279  

WOW I totally hear you Magenta. Yesterday I tried to get on here several times with no luck at all!!!

MeganO and Coolbreeze~ I cannot drink crystal light either. It makes me really sick and get I get a rash

All in all I had a good day other then the fact I darn near completely fell off the wagon. I did a good IP breakfast then all went to the birds from there. I was awesome and got right back to it today so hopefully it is not to hard ot get back on track.

Yesteraday was my 1 week weigh in and I am down 8lbs for my first week so I am super super happy about that

I was really concerned about my slip up until this morning. The scale was down .4 so I am happy I did not gain a bunch back. I knowit may have slowed me down a little but I am back on track and can hardly wait to see how this weeks weigh in will go

Hope everyone has a great day )))
Old 11-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 164/158/130

Height: 5'2"

Since I don't have a coach,I will ask you all. My start date was 10-22. I am down 9 lbs. I have been having a lot of problems with constipation. What are others doing that have this problem? I drink a LOT of water. I get really tired of salad and veggies for lunch, so I have been taking a small can of tuna and adding mustard,onions and pickles to it and putting it over lettuce. I still have a IP drink. Is this legal? I have found Good Earth tea and I really like it. I get the decaff. orginal. It is sweet and spicy. No sugar,no carbs.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #281  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby twin View Post
Since I don't have a coach,I will ask you all. My start date was 10-22. I am down 9 lbs. I have been having a lot of problems with constipation. What are others doing that have this problem? I drink a LOT of water. I get really tired of salad and veggies for lunch, so I have been taking a small can of tuna and adding mustard,onions and pickles to it and putting it over lettuce. I still have a IP drink. Is this legal? I have found Good Earth tea and I really like it. I get the decaff. orginal. It is sweet and spicy. No sugar,no carbs.

hey, I am certainly not a pro at this program by any stretch of the imagination, but I think it is an IP and vegis OR tuna and vegis but not done together. i have on ly been on the program a week and there are loats of great ladies on here with more experience and great advice that I am certain will comment and help you.

As for the constipation issue I connat help as I have the complete opposite problem for the entire week that i have been on IP.

The Tea sounds yummy I will have to go and look for that)
Old 11-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #282  
IP Fan

S/C/G: 156.5/127/126

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

The tuna and veggies are fine, as long as you're counting the tuna towards your protein (5 oz beef or chicken, 7 oz fish or seafood). So if you had 3oz tuna at lunch, you'd only be able to have 4 oz fish or seafood at supper or 2 1/2 oz or so of beef or chicken. Make sense?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #283  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking WooHOO!

Last night was ruff! Not being able to get into the site was freaking me out......I'm so glad to see its back up and running!

I finally got my signature...hope it works.

Without you positive people I would have NOT been able to get this far! SO Thanks

The kidney thing was horrible for me also. It seems to be feeling better everyday. I think the constipation my be causing some of the pains. So I've been taking Fiber Choice (sugarfree) and its been making things a little less painful. I just hope its not causing some kind of kidney problems

14 Pounds in 3 weeks and feeling wonderful!!
Old 11-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #284  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
After I went thru the diarrhea phase in the first week, I suddenly became plugged up. I took Miralax and have been fine ever since. I only took it a couple times last week.

I read other people writing about the tiredness and kidney pain, but never had it 'til Wednesday. I drank a big glass of warm water with a teaspoon of sea salt dissolved in it, and the pain was gone within 3 hours. I think that when they tell us to add sea salt to our food, it's for a medical reason. I was always thinking, well, I put salt on my meat, and I put salt in my homemade dressing, that's enough. But I guess this diet is SO low in sodium and potassium, that we have to have even more than we think. I'm also doing this without a coach, so I had to figure it out for myself.

I never knew how much I depended on the support on this board until the site went down. Personally, I'm happy it didn't go down on a week where I didn't lose weight on the scale. Can you imagine our feeling of defeat if we didn't have this board to reference when that happens(as it will, probably, to all of us at some point)? I know I'd want to quit and say **** it, I'll just stay fat. Thank God for all of you.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Oh wow, what a bad time I've had trying to get here!!! I'm so glad it's working.. for now! 3 more lbs... 6.8 from the prize... will it ever get here????
Closed Thread