Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #151  

Today was my first day on IP. I had the chocolate pudding which I did not care for at all. I had the pineapple-banana drink mix. It wasn't too bad. I love the raspberry jelly mix! I didn't get hungry between meals. Day 1 was pretty good day.

Is spinach an unlimited food item that we can have or just lettuce?

Last edited by chjsmom; 11-06-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #152  

Hey guys!
My friend started this diet with me, shes the filmmaker that im actually living with lol
She couldnt help but weigh herself and she lost 5 lbs in 3 days!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #153  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gink View Post
Awesome job everyone!

One of my favorites is the omelette. Does anyone have any suggestions for preparing that in the microwave? I bring it to work with me and tried it in the mirco once..... It didn't turn out very well. Just wondering if any of you have any helpful hints for that?
I prepare it at home, with 2 cups of broccoli, fry it in a non stick pan, then at work I pop in the microwave for 2 or 3 minutes it's delicious. So far for lunch that's my favorite, I've also been having salad with a pudding, but I'm not much of a salad person, for supper a salad is ok but for lunch not really.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #154  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello fellow IPers! I have FINALLY finished reading ALL of the IP posts & found great strength & hope in them!

I started the IP program this past Wednesday, so tonight is the end of day 3. The only "discomforts" that I have had that really bothered me is a HUGE headache the first day, probably from caffiene withdrawals. Today I am having back/kidney type pain. I thought maybe I had slept wrong, but had seen someone else mention it in the November IP forum.

The food is pretty good & I am actually having an issue with the lettuce! My Wellness Coach K. said to try something other then iceberg, but the type that I picked made me gag. So I switched to a Romaine for my lettuce & it is going better now. Not a HUGE fan of WF yet, but will try the BBQ sauce next. Also having an issue with the drinks, not puking bad but not my favorite. I will ask WC K. if I can just doing the puddings with more water & none of the drinks!

My WC K. put me on GYMNEMA for my sweet tooth. Prior to starting IP I had numerous pops a day & candy was a downfall. Since starting that, I have not had a craving for any of the Halloween candy or pop. Woooohooooo! And the only craving I have actually had is for a sweetened shredded wheat square that is in the cupboard at work.

Good luck this weekend on IP!
Meghan
Old 11-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 182/173/135

Height: 5'5"

this is my third week. i love the program because i'm not "cheating" - the first week i lost 5 pounds and then i went on a weeks vacation and a weeks business trip- thought i was "on program" without the food- came back and lost 1 pound- and now i'm feeling anxious that i'm not loosing enough. this morning i had an egg and a slice of tomato- can't stand the powdered eggs.
are there specific vegetables that i have to stay away from? thanks ladies!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #156  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

hi there-

meghan - i also dislike the drinks - all of them except the chocolate, it is really good. i do not buy any of them. i start week 7 on monday coming up, and have yet to buy the drinks (initial ones given, i traded back in). i also have not tried any restricted or limited packets. the only packets i use are the dry cereal - ok and quick and easy for workdays, vanilla and butterscotch puddings, omelet, soups (all flavors) jello, and lots of the choc drinks. it does not matter which protiens you have if they are not limited. drinks are not. i could have 3 choc drinks a day if i choose, or 3 van puddings..i can not stomach the fruit drinks. i occasionally buy the yogurt, not so bad. what i did was purchase extra at first to build up a supply so now i usually only buy 2 boxes per week to keep a constant assortment.

someone asked about lunch ideas - i eat alot of soups with spinach or asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower in it. good way to get protein and veggies at lunch where options are limited. sometimes i make a big salad and do not use any of the above veggies to get a break from them. i will use tiny cherry tomatoes as can have twice week, radish, red onion, celery, and chop up dill pickles. i like this for a change. i really try to switch it up because dont want to get to sick of either. also - i bought those new "steamer" bags that came out - 15 per box about 4$. and i will bring fresh asparagus with sea salt, or broccoli, and just pop them in micro for 4 min. and i make a mustard sauce to dip them in. on those days i bring a pudding or jello for dessert. it is a satisfying lunch. as your on the diet longer your imagination gets flowing with ideas, out of shear boredom if nothing else!! i live off stirfrys for supper, lots of zucchini, bokchoy and bean sprouts. still not tired of them. make a real nice honey garlic one with soy, maple syrup WF, and garlic. really like that.

i lost a week due to a planned cheat ( 2 days off and lost nothing for the week) but up until that i averaged 5 lbs per week. 25lbs in 5 weeks, and i almost always go over 2 cups veggies, was told i could, i use broth every time i stirfry, and in my soups, i do chew spry gum and spry mints. these are all sold right at the coaches office. i do measure carefully for my meats, i do use my tomato option twice a week every week, and never eat anything that is not on my sheet ( except the planned cheat) so i think that there is a variety of info out there, but i am happy with how my results are working for me.

have a good weekend.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
hi there-

meghan - i also dislike the drinks - all of them except the chocolate, it is really good. i do not buy any of them. i start week 7 on monday coming up, and have yet to buy the drinks (initial ones given, i traded back in). i also have not tried any restricted or limited packets. the only packets i use are the dry cereal - ok and quick and easy for workdays, vanilla and butterscotch puddings, omelet, soups (all flavors) jello, and lots of the choc drinks. it does not matter which protiens you have if they are not limited. drinks are not. i could have 3 choc drinks a day if i choose, or 3 van puddings..i can not stomach the fruit drinks. i occasionally buy the yogurt, not so bad. what i did was purchase extra at first to build up a supply so now i usually only buy 2 boxes per week to keep a constant assortment.

someone asked about lunch ideas - i eat alot of soups with spinach or asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower in it. good way to get protein and veggies at lunch where options are limited. sometimes i make a big salad and do not use any of the above veggies to get a break from them. i will use tiny cherry tomatoes as can have twice week, radish, red onion, celery, and chop up dill pickles. i like this for a change. i really try to switch it up because dont want to get to sick of either. also - i bought those new "steamer" bags that came out - 15 per box about 4$. and i will bring fresh asparagus with sea salt, or broccoli, and just pop them in micro for 4 min. and i make a mustard sauce to dip them in. on those days i bring a pudding or jello for dessert. it is a satisfying lunch. as your on the diet longer your imagination gets flowing with ideas, out of shear boredom if nothing else!! i live off stirfrys for supper, lots of zucchini, bokchoy and bean sprouts. still not tired of them. make a real nice honey garlic one with soy, maple syrup WF, and garlic. really like that.

i lost a week due to a planned cheat ( 2 days off and lost nothing for the week) but up until that i averaged 5 lbs per week. 25lbs in 5 weeks, and i almost always go over 2 cups veggies, was told i could, i use broth every time i stirfry, and in my soups, i do chew spry gum and spry mints. these are all sold right at the coaches office. i do measure carefully for my meats, i do use my tomato option twice a week every week, and never eat anything that is not on my sheet ( except the planned cheat) so i think that there is a variety of info out there, but i am happy with how my results are working for me.

have a good weekend.
You are doing so great, and thanks for the ideas......I find it facinating how
everyone likes something different. I guess it really is personal taste. I don't like any of the puddings or yogurt, the chocolate I tolerate and I thrive on the blueberry pomegranate and the peach mango drinks. I just make sure they are icy cold and drink them through a straw. Isn't it interesting?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #158  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Tomorrow is church & will need to decide if I take communion or not? What would you do? Not to many people know about my diet & I don't want to come out of ketois by having a small piece of bread & a teaspoon of wine??? Oh the choices!
Old 11-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
Tomorrow is church & will need to decide if I take communion or not? What would you do? Not to many people know about my diet & I don't want to come out of ketois by having a small piece of bread & a teaspoon of wine??? Oh the choices!
You won't come out of ketosis with that little. You have to go over a certain amount of carbs and that won't push you over
Old 11-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #160  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't know if anyone else is doing this but I've starting "combining" my IP packets. I use a crepe for a wrap with the scrambled eggs (and assorted veggies), cut in half and save the other portion for later. I figure this is only one protein. I'm going to try this with the chili - I'm thinking chili dog (I know it's a stretch). I bet the cappuccino drink and chocolate drink would be good together - and as long as you only drink 1/2 you should be o.k.

Thanks for the food "tricks" so many of you have posted. I also checked out the recipes - there are some there I am absolutely going to try. Having trouble finding the sugar free ketchup - I love ketchup.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #161  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

i would definitely receive the communion if i were in your situation.. the reality is that you will likely continue with communion after you have reached your goal on IP..

the true intent for me on this diet is to be able to lose weight in a realistic way, that allows me to integrate the food back into my life that makes me happy. we all know, or are learning, it is all about moderation. our IP rep told us that most diets fail because you are not allowed to lead a lifestyle that makes u happy. he told us that most people would not stay in a job they were unhappy in, most leave a unhappy marriage. and the clincher for me was when he said why in the world would you go on a diet, to lose a whole bunch of weight, only never to enjoy what makes you happy again. i would not do this diet if i thought it was all i could eat for the rest of my life. i am doing it because it seems like one of the smarter programs, that will teach me the good eating habits i will need to follow consisitently, but also provides me the tools and knowledge of how to offset the times i will occasionally indulge. eg trips, christmas, etc...

and mom22 - i miss ketchup so much, in honestly, i crave it sometimes. before IP i used to take dill pickles and dip it in ketchup. really miss it. and we dont have the sugar free ketchup either. i heard someone else mention they ordered it off netrition. should maybe take a look at that site.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #162  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=Sandrab;3005049]

I also agree with Sandrab -there is food that makes you gain weight and that's what we're getting a handle on with this diet - and then there's life - communion is part of life - some things can and shouldn't be given up.

And Sandrab - you just might win the all time title for "ketchup queen" - dill pickles and ketchup!!!? Although...maybe.

I've been cutting up cucumbers and onion rings and soaking them in vinegar,water and a hit of Splenda. Makes an awesome snack - got the crunch and the tart of the vinegar - it's like a pickle but without the sugar - I can't figure out how we're allowed to eat pickles - aren't they full of sugar?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #163  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
I don't know if anyone else is doing this but I've starting "combining" my IP packets. I use a crepe for a wrap with the scrambled eggs (and assorted veggies), cut in half and save the other portion for later. I figure this is only one protein. I'm going to try this with the chili - I'm thinking chili dog (I know it's a stretch). I bet the cappuccino drink and chocolate drink would be good together - and as long as you only drink 1/2 you should be o.k.

Thanks for the food "tricks" so many of you have posted. I also checked out the recipes - there are some there I am absolutely going to try. Having trouble finding the sugar free ketchup - I love ketchup.
Hi, Mom22. I see someone already mentioned Netrition.com as a source for sugar free ketchup. That's where I got mine. The sugar free Heinz is excellent. WAY better than WF or any other I tried when I was doing Atkins. I ordered 2 bottles @ I think 3.49 apeice. The shipping was the same as for 1 bottle, so if you really love ketchup, maybe you could order multiples. Shipping takes about 5 days. After I ordered it, I went to a grocery store I never go to and(of course) they had it. It was maybe .10 more. Good luck.

Last edited by echobaby; 11-07-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #164  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigenough View Post
Hi all, I am very new to this IP way of life. Today being my first day. I am used to eating an unhealthy snack in the evening so I think this will be my hardest time. Also, I am used to drinking Coke Zero in the afternoon - any suggestions on anything caffene realted that might help besides coffee. I have a book club meeting tomorrow night at a resaturant and kind of nervous about that. Part of me doesn't even want to go but I will eventually have to handle social things. Any suggestions to help get through those situations?
I just found this out in the store today. Pepsi ONE is made with Splenda.
Pepsi 0 and Diet Pepsi are made with Nutrasweet. Whats up with all the different kinds of diet Coke and Pepsi?

Last edited by echobaby; 11-07-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #165  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
Today was my first day on IP. I had the chocolate pudding which I did not care for at all. I had the pineapple-banana drink mix. It wasn't too bad. I love the raspberry jelly mix! I didn't get hungry between meals. Day 1 was pretty good day.

Is spinach an unlimited food item that we can have or just lettuce?
check the IP recipe section for a great alteration to the choc pudding. I couldn't take the pudding made as directed either. Good luck...after day 3 you'll have to make yourself eat.

Last edited by echobaby; 11-07-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Closed Thread