3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/185492-ideal-protein-diet-monthly-chat-november-2009-a.html)

echobaby 11-03-2009 04:02 PM

testing new signature

echobaby 11-03-2009 04:05 PM

testing

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/...5/130/168/.png

echobaby 11-03-2009 04:07 PM

Hey IP 3FC Vets,

do we have to copy and paste the tracker signature everytime we post? That has been the only way I can post my tracker thus far.

MontanaMom 11-03-2009 04:29 PM

I just tried this:
crushed ice, 3 oz water, Pineapple/Banana packet...crush in blender. Just like a frozen tropical drink..well, almost anyway.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098...126/139.5/.png

echobaby 11-03-2009 04:42 PM

Montana Mom,
How long have you been doing IP?

beachgirl67 11-03-2009 05:16 PM

ukandwit please tell me how to post my weight tracker??? I have been trying but cant get it to work. I started the program Aug. 28, 2009 and lost 41lbs so far. I am still in shock how easy it is.

Sandrab 11-03-2009 08:05 PM

hi everyone,

well i am back after my cheat weekend!! although i did not lose any weight i did not gain any either. i had to weigh the pros and cons about going off the diet for the weekend for my neices social. reality won, as i know i will still have to learn to maintain my wieght once i am in that stage. my lifestyle will always call for the occasional "weekend", trip etc and i will learn to incorporate that into my life. so i am at least happy i did not gain any weight, and i really enjoyed my weekend.

also i am lucky enough to have been invited to another IP info seminar this month and will have an opportunity to ask all the questions i never got to ask the first time round. our local coach is inviting all the existing IP "dieters" and giving opportunity for us to invite guests if we know people who are interested. so that will be great to get more information, it seems the more people i talk to, the more questions i have.

so good luck this week everyone, and although this is the first week i cannot report any progress, i hope to share some next week!

torchlaker 11-03-2009 08:28 PM

Echobaby and BeachGirl: Copy the url that shows under your new weight loss, and go back to "edit signature." Paste the copied URL into the empty box below and then hit Save Signature. Yeah...I have to change it weekly...don't know another way. You first have to go into "Edit signature" -- highlight the url, and delete it...then start all over again. (If anyone knows an easier way..please share).

I also want to remind you all that going to fitday.com is FREE. You can post your weight there..your loss there.....it even shows you a graph (so nice when it goes down altho I wish it were faster). You can journal there also.

Speaking of weight tracker...I finally got to put up a new number today. I lost 3-1/2# last week....biggest loss since the first week. The only time I plateaued so far (on since 9/9/09) was the weekend I cheated...and like Sandrab...I was just happy I didn't gain.

So NOW I am officially past the lowest weight I have been in 17 years! I started lowcarb a month before I decided to go on IP....and tried eliminating things I KNEW I would have to eliminate on IP to see if I could do it (orange juice, diet soda, grains, etc.). On IP - I have lost 24# since 9/9! BUT...here is the great news....I have been on Cloud 9 since 9:30am when they called to give me the results of my bloodwork last week. I DROPPED 40 points off my cholestrol! I wanted to lose weight to see if I could get off some of my meds...to see if my fibromalygia got better....to see if I was healthier! I guess I am! Altho the BMI has gone down slowly...I am at 26.9...down from 31! At 25, you are considered "normal" and NOT overweight. That is my next big goal (also to get into the 150's!!!).

I felt so guilty at first about spending money on this diet. So many people asked why I "couldn't do it myself." I don't know why.....I certainly haven't felt myself since my hubby died 12/31/07...I felt frozen. I had NO willpower...and no motivation. Lose weight for who? NOW...I am realizing that IP came at the right time, right place for me......I will never be the same as I was...but now there is a "new normal". (BTW, those same people -- like my son -- who wanted to know WHY I was spending so much money are now my biggest cheerleaders!!)

Very few of us will have losses like we did the first week! My nurse says that the average that she sees is 3-3.5# weekly. I am averaging about 3#...don't worry about plateaus...it will average out, I am sure. Be proud of yourself that you are making this big commitment. We all need to be healthier for 2010! (OK - I am done "preaching to the choir" now....lol!!)

torchlaker 11-03-2009 08:37 PM

Josh...I am so excited for you. You are young....and sound full of life!! Let us know how you do...and how the "filming" goes!!! Girls...I think we have a potential STAR in our group!

Coolbreeze...you will do fine! Do they measure "inches lost" where you go? Sometimes when there is a small weight loss, I would try to take solace in the fact that my BMI went down...or I lost an inch off my hips!! The scale is only a small part of it.....

I agree with Kira....when it doubt, or if you have to go off IP for a reason, try to keep it as lowcarb as you can. That is what i try to do when I eat out...I don't let them bring the bread, fries, etc. Yesterday at the purse party, I took a slice of pumpkin roll...took one bite, and when no one was looking, threw it out. If I am dining out with someone, I will ask for a "bite" of their bread, or a "bite" of their dessert (obviously, I know the people I am dining with....this probably doesn't work well on a business lunch!!). My son is coming to Michigan Thursday...I bought him some small treats but I put them in his room and closed the door! (again...obviously - I have to play mind games with myself -- lol!!)

MontanaMom 11-03-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 2999214)
Montana Mom,
How long have you been doing IP?

I started on Sept. 21...so about 6 weeks now.

spatime 11-03-2009 09:38 PM

You guys are all SO great! I saw a couple of you say you were the oldest...Out of curiousity, let's post our ages.....that is also encouraging because weight loss gets harder with age, and this program doesn't discriminate.!

I am 55.

nicnyd 11-03-2009 10:01 PM

I am 34. Not the first time I am tring to loose a lot of weight, but definatly the easiest its been so far, as of this morning 4 days 9.2# down.

Josh your first few days of loss will be unreal, a bit of a struggle, but push through. The 2 guys I know who started 5 days ago found day 3 and 4 the hardest for being hungry but have just had extra meat at dinner, and or their snack packet between lunch and dinner I believe. Both have found it alot easier since then. They both have had amazing loses as of this morning one is 16# and the other 19# in 4 days!! Guys loose way faster than women in general. I know you can do this, it is very simple and tasty, you just have to have the willpower to not cheat at all! When you get extra hungry eat you lettuce, or drink water or tea to fill the void. Good Luck Buddy!

ukandewit 11-03-2009 10:13 PM

I'm 27. torchlaker, you said it all!

Optichick1 11-03-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spatime (Post 2999605)
You guys are all SO great! I saw a couple of you say you were the oldest...Out of curiousity, let's post our ages.....that is also encouraging because weight loss gets harder with age, and this program doesn't discriminate.!

I am 55.

Hi.....I'm 57 and started IP on Oct. 25. My first weigh in was yesterday. I lost 4 lbs. Thought I had lost more...didn't cheat one single bit and ate or drank everything I was supposed to. I'm only 5', so I guess 4 is pretty good for the first week. I'm so glad I found this forum. My "coach" is really nice, but not too helpful or informative. So I'm looking forward to all the hints I will find on here.

magenta 11-03-2009 10:51 PM

I am 62 and only 5' as well. Ü