3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/185492-ideal-protein-diet-monthly-chat-november-2009-a.html)

Ogdog13 11-24-2009 01:26 PM

sorry, trying another one.

http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/tick...151/303151.png

Ogdog13 11-24-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchlaker (Post 3023584)
OgDog: I want to thank you for taking the time to post all those recipes...that must have taken forever. Today is the first chance I had to actually go thru them.

Does anyone remember a recipe where you put a bunch of garlic cloves in the cavity of a chicken? since I am eating alone on Thanksgiving, and don't want stuffing, I thought I would try that.....but can't remember anything beyond the cloves? (maybe there isn't anything else...lol!!)

Haven't been feeling too good the last few days so barely have gotten to the forum...but there are wonderful posts. I don't weigh in until Wednesday of this week, and doubt if I have lost anything (at least that is what my scale says....). I did order some things from Netrition to help me stay "nearly" on IP while I am gone in December....have no idea how they will taste. I sure couldn't find any puddings that had 18g. of protein in them!!

Have just been reading what is involved in Phase II...etc. Whew...that part isn't a whole lot easier. Still staying on plan and keeping myself busy so I don't think about Thanksgiving (and families) too much....

Torchlaker, don't mention it. I actually started a new job and my boss doesn't have all day to ramp me up because of all his meetings so during my down time I'm putting my internet skills to good use. If there is a particular food that you are looking for just let me know and I'll do my best to find you an IP Phase 1 (or whatever phase you are in) recipe with it.

hockyemom 11-24-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrab (Post 3024313)
Sorry hockeymom - but your post did make me laugh!! Kick that coach to the curb!! put it this way, if he was on survivor he would be evicted, the apprentice - fired, biggest loser - WINNER hands down!! He should absolutley not be saying the things you mentioned....I think the coach can emphasize if they have been on the plan themselves, which many are, or have had or been close to people with weight issues. But obviously you have a good handle on this and know he is WEIGH OUT TO LUNCH!

lol -- I know! When I leave there I find myself shaking my head and wondering. He is one of these people who is very, very fit and healthy and really has no idea what it is like to struggle with weight. I give him full credit for being that kind of person and obviously wish I was more like that, but I'm not! :-) I have to make this work for who I am.

Krispytn 11-24-2009 04:13 PM

Revising Weight Goal

Dog Chef - I know what you mean about revising your weight loss goal. I think that because we are only losing FAT on this diet that you don't have to lose as many pounds to get to the size that you actually want to be at. I've lost 19 pounds and 11+ inches in 15 weeks. At the beginning I thought I would need to lose 35 pounds to get into the size I want to be in comfortably, but I'm already there at 19 pounds. I've lost most of my inches from my waist, hips and thighs. :carrot:

Others that I work with that are on IP are feeling the same way.

dogchef 11-24-2009 04:20 PM

Krispytn...i'm actually thinking I may need to make my goal MORE weight loss though... Simply put I didnt think I'd have the willpower to keep going past losing 100 lbs...but this has been so "easy" that I think I can keep going to a healthier weight...my original goal was to be at 175 lbs (which for my frame is about a size 12 or 14) but I am thinking I may go down to say 155 which for me will probably be a 10 ish (I hope?? anyone else about 5'7" with a large frame? can you tell me about what size you are at different weights...i carry most (ok ALL) of my weight in my stomach.) I will see how I feel once I get down that far...It's been so long I dont even know what I'll look like under 200 lbs!!

echobaby 11-24-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogchef (Post 3024526)
Krispytn...i'm actually thinking I may need to make my goal MORE weight loss though... Simply put I didnt think I'd have the willpower to keep going past losing 100 lbs...but this has been so "easy" that I think I can keep going to a healthier weight...my original goal was to be at 175 lbs (which for my frame is about a size 12 or 14) but I am thinking I may go down to say 155 which for me will probably be a 10 ish (I hope?? anyone else about 5'7" with a large frame? can you tell me about what size you are at different weights...i carry most (ok ALL) of my weight in my stomach.) I will see how I feel once I get down that far...It's been so long I dont even know what I'll look like under 200 lbs!!

Hi, dogchef. I'm also 5'7" with a medium frame.

When I was in the 170s, my heaviest being 179 about a year ago, I was a very tight 12,14,some 16s. In my 150s, I am a 10-12. 140s, 8-10. 130s I remember being a 6 long, but the last time I was in the 130s was in the late 80's and I know they revised the ladies' size charts down a size in the late 90s(A size 10 now used to be a size 12 in the mid to late 90s and before.. This is the garment industry trying to trick us into thinking we are smaller than we actually are, so we'll buy more as Americans grow ever larger.

By all means, if you think you want to get to the 150s, go for it.

This brings another question: someone mentioned that their advisor told them to lose 5 lbs. more than their goal weight, because we would all gain 5 lbs. water weight with the reintroduction of carbs everyday. Anyone else told that?

MeghanO 11-24-2009 06:28 PM

This brings another question: someone mentioned that their advisor told them to lose 5 lbs. more than their goal weight, because we would all gain 5 lbs. water weight with the reintroduction of carbs everyday. Anyone else told that?

EChobaby-My IP said that onces carbs has been reintroduced I will gain a few LBs back & that it might be the route to go to get & stay with your goal weight!

echobaby 11-24-2009 08:12 PM

That makes sense

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanO (Post 3024658)

EChobaby-My IP said that onces carbs has been reintroduced I will gain a few LBs back & that it might be the route to go to get & stay with your goal weight!

I get that, because remember on other low carb plans if we didn't transition slowly enough, all of a sudden 5+ lbs. would appear in a week? I, most times said, well, forget it! And ended up really pigging out in disgust. Which starts the whole cycle again.

OK, ****. If I can get down to 130, I can do 125, which I weighed last at 20. I wasn't close to anorexic then, so if I look and feel OK by 130, I'll go for it. according to my friend who's a sports medicine Dr.(she did a nutrition plan for me 2 years ago for free. Which I promptly ignored.), by all the body measurements she took of me, My ideal weight is between 123-127. I swear if I weighed that I would walk around in a bikini at the store. In the snow. :D

20bydec 11-24-2009 08:51 PM

I have found it interesting to see how tall everyone is and what their goal weight is. We are all different sized frames and different lifestyles.
I also was told to lose 5# more than my original goal so there would be some "play" room for the weight gain.
I have lost a steady 2.5-3#/week - and have to admit there have been weeks that I have been frustrated - "how come others are losing 5-10# and I'm ONLY losing 2.5#?" Does that sound familiar to anyone? I know I have to keep plugging along, the inches are falling off along with some of the weight. I even had to go buy some new jeans. I usually go to the used clothing stores - I don't like to spend too much money on clothing, especially since IP takes a lot of my extra cash.
Just tried the new BBQ "chips" - WOW, do they have a bite - I really liked them. I also got to try the new cookies and cream bar - really good also - just enough chocolate to get me over hte chocolate crave.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Sandrab 11-24-2009 10:00 PM

I Know the feeling about the 2-3lb weight loss per week. it seems that i am not doing anything differently then i did in the beginning, but i am losing less weight on my weekly weighins. in the beginning (going into 10th week) 9.6lbs, 6.4lbs, couple 4.5 etc,,,,now i am averaging 3 lbs - either just under or just over. i wonder if we lose less as we have less to lose? i have lost just over half of my weight goal, and now wonder if the other half is going to come off!! and if it does how long? it is very frustrating because i dont allow myself any restricted or limited foods, have only had the one planned cheat. but just today my coach was looking at my food diary and pointed out that i do not eat much lettuce. she is right. salads were the first thing i tired of on this diet and really eat very little. i thought the lettuce was just a "filler" to use if needed. like a freebie. she explained that it actually helps in the digestion of what i am eating and directly affects weight loss. i am going to try and eat more and see if that helps. but as many people posted already, 3 lbs weight loss per week is stll a healthy amount of weight to lose. i did not have this success on past programs, so will try to be happy about my weekly 3 lb loss!! and am going to start some exercising as just bought a gym membership as well. been an expensive journey, but def worth it!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-da...7/160/191/.png

Mirazon 11-24-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchlaker (Post 3024013)
Mirazon!! Way to go!! I am so proud of you! You have been consistent, and it is paying off! You started a week after me!! How long since you have seen the TWO's??

Thank you Torchlaker. You are always so encouraging! It was 2002 when I last saw 200's. I was doing WW at the time. Its taken me a long time to find my way back to try wt loss again. With IP I've been fortunate and not had to deal with the carb cravings that were my constant companion on past plans. I also never lost at this rate on other plans!

I hope you feel better and wish you the best with the colonoscopy. The prep is no fun but worth it if you get answers to your problem.

Mirazon 11-24-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3024133)
Mirazon, you have inspired me to only go off plan on Thanksgiving Day. No potluck, no Birthday celebrating with food. Thanks!

Thanks for the recipe. It looks delicious. I'm glad you made a decision about the 3 big events occuring this week. The potluck at work today was surprisingly easy to avoid. Everyone was very understanding when I told them that my planned day to splurge was Thursday.

Happy Birthday!! Please keep us posted on what you do to celebrate your special day.

Mirazon 11-24-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3024616)

I heard the same thing as well. The re-introduction of complex carbohydrates causes water to go into the cells and you gain 3-5 lbs of water weight.

On the other topic, I think gravity takes its toll as we age. So if you get to the same weight you were at 17, things will have shifted!!:dizzy: I think the only time I was not overweight was birth so going down the scale will be a voyage of discovery regarding how I will carry my weight.

MeghanO 11-24-2009 10:42 PM

OK if the lettuce will help with the weigh loss I will eat it, but MAN I am SOOOO sick of salads twice a day. Or maybe it is I am sick of the WF dressing.

Does any one like any of the types of Ranch that WF puts out?
Meghan

echobaby 11-24-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirazon (Post 3024875)
I heard the same thing as well. The re-introduction of complex carbohydrates causes water to go into the cells and you gain 3-5 lbs of water weight.

On the other topic, I think gravity takes its toll as we age. So if you get to the same weight you were at 17, things will have shifted!!:dizzy: I think the only time I was not overweight was birth so going down the scale will be a voyage of discovery regarding how I will carry my weight.

Mirazon, trust me, if I start to look like Amy Winehouse(sp.?)pre-unneccesary boob job..... I'll stop at 140. And I am TRULY VAIN...so believe me.

From your writing, I think you're probably crazy beautiful. I think we'd all agree.....

What you said about potluck..I've already decided what I'll eat (on program). The hard thing will be that these guys party seriously, and alcohol is definitely on the menu. I have been alcohol-free since Oct. 10, in anticipation of the program, I just have to be strong tomorrow. I can hack it. Thanks again.