3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/185492-ideal-protein-diet-monthly-chat-november-2009-a.html)

kaygirl 11-09-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TashaW (Post 3006219)
so, i am just ending day 3 and am slightly concerned what the scale will say tmr. I did really good staying on plan with one minor addition. Tonight I had scrambled eggs with sauted leek, spinich and garlic. I added 1/2 tsp of shredded asiago. It was amazing:)))) and for the first time in a week i am full and not starving(mostly from lack of eating form dental surgery)
I hope the small addition of cheese is allowed but I am uncertian. It carries no carbs!! Also I noticed that we are allowed saurkraut i am think it muxt be a specific kind because the type I have has 4 sugars per 1/2 cup. I did have some before I got reading the label. Tmr i will look for saurkraut withour sugars. On the label it was vague. It just said white cabbage, vinigar and spices. I think I had a great day all in all and hopefully the scale refelcts that:)))

Tasha, I was told by my doctor no cheese . as for the saurkraut that question is on my list to the doctor on wednesday I was told by my doctor that it reads less then 1 gram of carbs ,sugar and fat it's ok to eat.
don't go by your scales because of all the water intake it's going to weigh you down besides the doc says don't worry to much about the scales it will show in inches. When my doctor went on it she said for 2 weeks she didn't lose but 3 pounds but her inches showed a loss then she said her 3rd week she lost 9 pounds. Just hang in there and you are doing everything then it will show somewhere.:)
Good Luck

Ogdog13 11-09-2009 10:55 AM

Support is Great
 
Hi eveyone, I'm new to the IP diet....going on 6 days and pretty much loving it. Weigh in tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed for me! Anyway, I read through the posts and get inspiration...keep up the good work y'all. And thanks to all who post on the recipes page, they are VERY helpful. Hopefully you'll enjoy the one's I've found. :D

SylvieG 11-09-2009 11:15 AM

Motivational issues....
 
Has anyone experience motivational issues? The results are showing (-45 pounds), I have about a month to go on the program but any food seems tempting now! (Even the ones I didn't like before going on this diet are tempsting me!) How do you fight cravings?

I "tasted" mashed potatoes, cake icing and bacon ths weekend... :devil: Though they were very small bites (let's say about 1/2 inch square), I am worried it will show up on the results... :(

Thank you in advance for your tips!

echobaby 11-09-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylvieG (Post 3006927)
Has anyone experience motivational issues? The results are showing (-45 pounds), I have about a month to go on the program but any food seems tempting now! (Even the ones I didn't like before going on this diet are tempsting me!) How do you fight cravings?

I "tasted" mashed potatoes, cake icing and bacon ths weekend... :devil: Though they were very small bites (let's say about 1/2 inch square), I am worried it will show up on the results... :(

Thank you in advance for your tips!

I don't know, SylvieG, I'm still in the early stages of being happy with the diet. Did you take a picture of yourself before you started? Maybe looking at that can get you through this. You're doing SO well.

Think about all the other diets you did where you quit before the end, never doing transition phases, and ended up back at square one. At least that was my M.O. before. Of course this is easy for me to say now, only being on week 2. I HOPE I get it this time that transition is the key to keeping it off. I hope I remember how I felt about myself before when I erased any progress I made by being impatient. I hope and pray.

You are an inspiration to us. You've done a fantastic job. Keep it up!

kira 11-09-2009 12:59 PM

TashaW - I'm sure you're going to have a GREAT weigh-in. A 1/2 tsp of cheese is not going to do much damage. My husband also does this when making omelettes. I really believe that you have to find ways for the program to work for you ultimately. Also, I was looking at the Ideal-to-Go recipes, and noticed a few that had cheese included. They had noted that up to one oz of cheese could be used - this was the equivalent of the dairy you're allowed in your morning coffee / tea. My husband also enjoys in Saurkraut - keep looking!

On the topic of ketchup - I think the issue is that tomatoes have naturally occurring sugars. I'm not sure that it's possible to have a completely sugar-free ketchup. I think that's why tomatoes are a restricted vegetable.

I think someone had also posted about canned mushrooms, and finding a lot of carbs in them. Same thing - mushrooms have some naturally occurring carbs. If you compare equal weights of canned vs fresh mushrooms, their nutritional info (at least with respect to sugars, fibers and carbs) seem about the same. I like the fresh, but sometimes substitute the canned if I'm out of fresh.

SylvieG - I think this is going to be the hardest part about the program - how do we live and keep the weight off? I think little bites isn't going to destroy your progress. But maybe balance that with some extra exercise.

I had a few cheats last week (travelled internationally - was good until my last night). I think the worst thing about cheating is that when you do it, you make it easier and easier to continue to cheat. If you hold strong and it's months without cheating, it's hard to make you crack. But if you just had a cheat the day before, the decision to cheat again is so much easier. It's a slippery slope!

feverfixer 11-09-2009 01:15 PM

Weigh in day yesterday! Down another 6 lbs, makes 16lbs in past 2 weeks on IP! I haven't been under 160 in 10yrs and can't wait! My goal is to fit into a beautiful dress for my renewal of vows in Feb. Married for 20years.

Hubby made me the choc muffins with WF choc sauce. Texture was great but the taste was not! Any idea how to tweak this to get it more palatable?

TNABEE 11-09-2009 01:54 PM

Hello!
I am new to this forum and the Ideal Protein diet (first day today). I have to say I love this forum already.

Not so sure about the diet yet. It is only the first day and I have a terrible headache and naseau. I am a big sweet lover but I am going to try my hardest to stick with it. I think these boards will help!

coolbreeze 11-09-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNABEE (Post 3007191)
Hello!
I am new to this forum and the Ideal Protein diet (first day today). I have to say I love this forum already.

Not so sure about the diet yet. It is only the first day and I have a terrible headache and naseau. I am a big sweet lover but I am going to try my hardest to stick with it. I think these boards will help!

I swear by a 1/2 tsp seat salt in 8 oz of water. My headaches were gone in 15 min and after the first week, never had them again.

I do"cheat" a little with a bite here and there, and a sprinkle of cheese on the omelette in the mornings. When I do cheat with a bite, I make it low carb. Its my way of staying on plan; otherwise I would go crazy. It hasnt slowed me down and seems to help me in the long run. The other thing about a very small cheat is that I personally believe those few extra calories get my body out of the "rut" it is in on a low calorie diet. If you ever did WW, you may have heard of the "Wendie" plan where you alternate days of high and low calories. On the weekends, I have one day where I sneak a few bites of salami, lunchmeat or cheese etc., and then then next day I have no restricted packets and exercise more. Im still playing around with it but I am hoping it helps keep my metabloism going.

chjsmom 11-09-2009 03:01 PM

Day 4 for me! I feel good and feel we all can do this. My husband is on it too and in 5 days has lost 11 lbs. I haven't felt tired like I thought I would, but did have a major headache on morning of day 2. I did the water and sea salt, but in 15 min the headache was worse, so I took 2 Excedrin Migraine and went to bed for 1 1/2 hours. Afterwards the headache was history!

TNABEE 11-09-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbreeze (Post 3007247)
I swear by a 1/2 tsp seat salt in 8 oz of water. My headaches were gone in 15 min and after the first week, never had them again.

I do"cheat" a little with a bite here and there, and a sprinkle of cheese on the omelette in the mornings. When I do cheat with a bite, I make it low carb. Its my way of staying on plan; otherwise I would go crazy. It hasnt slowed me down and seems to help me in the long run. The other thing about a very small cheat is that I personally believe those few extra calories get my body out of the "rut" it is in on a low calorie diet. If you ever did WW, you may have heard of the "Wendie" plan where you alternate days of high and low calories. On the weekends, I have one day where I sneak a few bites of salami, lunchmeat or cheese etc., and then then next day I have no restricted packets and exercise more. Im still playing around with it but I am hoping it helps keep my metabloism going.

Thanks for the info I will try the water with salt

kaygirl 11-09-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNABEE (Post 3007191)
Hello!
I am new to this forum and the Ideal Protein diet (first day today). I have to say I love this forum already.

Not so sure about the diet yet. It is only the first day and I have a terrible headache and naseau. I am a big sweet lover but I am going to try my hardest to stick with it. I think these boards will help!

Just give it a few days and it will pass.. I didn't get the headache until my 3rd and 4th day today is my 6th day and it has passed.
good luck you can do it:)

20bydec 11-09-2009 05:33 PM

4th weigh in tomorrow. I don't know why i am disappointed with only 3# a week - a guess after seeing a lot of you post that you lost 6# or more/week is a little frustrating. I did just try on some slacks that were way too tight before and now they are almost loose. YEAH!! I usually wear jeans so i didn't notice the inches too much. (jeans seem to be very forgiving and able to hide weight)
Congrats everyone on a job well done.
If feeling unmotivated, try on some clothes that were too tight and see if that doesn't keep you on the straight & narrow.

kira 11-09-2009 05:40 PM

Back in the March timeframe, I picked up some bins to get the clothes that were too tight out of my closet. Last night I checked, and found 6 pairs of pants that fit great! It was such a nice boost to my evening - like a shopping spree without spending any money!

ottawa 11-09-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNABEE (Post 3007191)
Hello!
I am new to this forum and the Ideal Protein diet (first day today). I have to say I love this forum already.

Not so sure about the diet yet. It is only the first day and I have a terrible headache and naseau. I am a big sweet lover but I am going to try my hardest to stick with it. I think these boards will help!


I also had bad headaches etc days 2 and 3 and I was told to try lemon juice in my water and having a bath with sea salt (epsom salt would probably work too). Do not give up because once the headache is gone it will be worth it!!!!

echobaby 11-09-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feverfixer (Post 3007130)
Weigh in day yesterday! Down another 6 lbs, makes 16lbs in past 2 weeks on IP! I haven't been under 160 in 10yrs and can't wait! My goal is to fit into a beautiful dress for my renewal of vows in Feb. Married for 20years.

Hubby made me the choc muffins with WF choc sauce. Texture was great but the taste was not! Any idea how to tweak this to get it more palatable?

Hi, Feverfixer. I've never tasted the WF chocolate sauce(the dressings were enough for me!), so I can't help you there. BUT, this weekend I tried the same fix for the choc. cake that I use for the choc. pudding.

add:
1 1/2-2 packs Splenda
splash of real vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt(maybe 1/8 teaspoon)

It was really good with my coffee. Keep up the good work.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.