3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/185492-ideal-protein-diet-monthly-chat-november-2009-a.html)

Sandrab 11-07-2009 11:25 PM

i think the only kind of pickles listed on the sheet are dills. and i dont think they have sugar. can any one order off netrition? even outside of the states?

hehaho 11-07-2009 11:35 PM

Hi Everyone

I have been on the diet since early September. I have never really been on a particular diet before but I started to watch carbs about a year ago as I was having high blood sugars. I became educated on the glycemic index and started reading labels. That was scary -- is corn syrup in everything?? I really have no complaints about the diet but I have to admit I have stolen some bites of "forbidden" foods at times. It is hardest for me during PMS! Crave chocolate!

I have searched some new recipes and found some while looking for the Zero Point WW soup so I posted them and will do some more as I have used many on this site. I have learned to cook so much better for my family so this is a good thing. It hasn't been easy cooking family favorites and not eating them but most of the time it is ok. My family is very supportive. I try to stir fry lots of veggies at one time then reheat for a few meals. I also put together my spinach, radish, cucumber, onion salad in individual containers so it is handy to just add to some lettuce. I do about two days worth at a time. I like vinegar and oil so the dressing is easy.

I bought some little travel bottles for oil and vinegar to take when I have to eat at a restaurant. Eating out has been somewhat of a challege but with practice I know how to order and which places are more accomodating. I love salads at Subway! And you can add a chicken breast if you haven't had your protein for the day.

This site has been a wonderful resource. Thanks everyone for your information. Keep up the good work! :)

TashaW 11-07-2009 11:48 PM

hello everyone!!! I just started on IP yesterday. I bombed the afternoon but got right back on track for the evening and was perfect today. I am finding it very hard because I am only eating IP foods and mostly pudding because i have just had dental surgery and cannot eat anything else. i think it will be much easier when I can have the vegis and the dinner meal is food not mush. Other than being very hungry this afternoon I think the day went pretty good. I was determined not to stray today and happy that I didn't. Tmr will be great and hopefully easier. I am 188lbs and want to be 135. So here it goes :)))

kaygirl 11-08-2009 08:43 AM

Day 5 here for me.. there is a few IP mix I don't care for. This is my first week at it and I know that I can get this week over and pick up my food wednesday I know I don't have to choose the packets I don't like.

I'm really doing great on staying on the IP plan. I found that when I went shopping for veggies I came home and cut everything up and ready for the week to eat. That's really is helpful for me if I do not do that I would cheat because I would find the easiest thing to grab to eat and it wouldn't be healthy for the diet .
Yesterday I wasn't going to be home for my lunch so I took a easy lunch with me. 2 c of Broccoli and Cauliflower IP was Mango & Peach drink.

The one thing I do need to ask my doctor is do I need lettuce at lunch and dinner. when I'm done eating everything that is on my plate I don't have room for lettuce.

toomanycats 11-08-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3005122)
I just found this out in the store today. Pepsi ONE is made with Splenda.
Pepsi 0 and Diet Pepsi are made with Nutrasweet. Whats up with all the different kinds of diet Coke and Pepsi?

Hello, back on track after straying some and not losing and not gaining, now down 3lbs so far this week (w/2 day to go before weigh-in). Re: soda - I would stay away from ALL diet soda even if it has Splenda. Latest news reports say it causes kidney problems long term. Wonder if that is why some have said their kidneys hurt when they started IP? The toxins were being flushed out?? Dill pickles have no sugar (at least the ones in my fridge don't).
And regarding communion - Yes, take it; you SHOULD honor HIM! Who do you think is helping you do this diet? Hope that didn't come accross too strong - I just know when I need strength - I turn to my God.

toomanycats 11-08-2009 10:42 AM

sugar-free ketchup

Several kinds can be found at Amazon.com - even an "organic" one that got 5 stars, but they all look pricey. Also - noticed the heinz does not say sugar-free but "reduced sugar"

Mirazon 11-08-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esterbailey (Post 3004475)
are there specific vegetables that i have to stay away from? thanks ladies!

Hi esterbailey,

If you haven't found it already, Kira posted all the IP information flyers in the Ideal Protein FAQ thread (I think they are also in the Oct. thread).
The Phase 1 information sheet lists all the vegetables which are approved, OK to have twice a week, and the forbidden ones. I printed the information to post of the frig.

TashaW 11-08-2009 03:41 PM

WOW day three:))) I did perfect yesterday :smug: Super proud of myself it was very hard not to stry I certainly hope the temptation part gets a little easier. I weighed myself this morning and I am down 4lbs already in 2 days. So, that is mega exciting and helping me keep my focus. I just realized I can eat 2 whole eggs as the protien so I will make an egg and spinich with asparagus omelet that should be soft enough to eat hopefully:))) Can hardly wait to see what the scale says at the end of a week.

Can someone please explain to me how I make a ticker:)))

Thanks and have a great day everyone:carrot:

echobaby 11-08-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrab (Post 3005198)
i think the only kind of pickles listed on the sheet are dills. and i dont think they have sugar. can any one order off netrition? even outside of the states?

From netrition.com:

International Shipping Information

For shipments to all other countries, the following rules and restrictions apply:
Do not order items that are illegal to import into your country. Laws are different in every country and we cannot keep up with them all. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to see if your country permits the shipment of our products to your country.
If the package is seized by Customs for any reason and we do not receive the package back, we will not issue you a refund. If we do receive the package back after being seized and the products are in perfect condition, we will credit you the product cost, but you are still responsible for the shipping charges.
Prepayment is required. Payment must be by credit card, US or International Money Order, or personal check drawn on a US bank.
You pay shipping charges based on the weight of the package and the destination. The $4.95 standard shipping charge does not apply to international orders. Shipping by air to most other countries can be very expensive. Shipping charges alone are sometimes 50% to 100% of the total cost of the products. Obviously, small bottles are cheaper to ship than heavy nutrition bars and protein powders. As you add items to the shopping cart, you will be presented with the shipping options and charges. Important: If you write to us or order from us, but do not receive a reply back from us, then there is most likely some problem with your email address. We have received many email messages that we reply to, but - for whatever reason - the message can not make it through. We have no other way way to contact you, so please make sure your email delivery is working properly and that you have given us a correct email address before complaining that we are not replying. In any case where you do not hear back from us, please call us at 1-518-464-0765.

echobaby 11-08-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomanycats (Post 3005561)
Several kinds can be found at Amazon.com - even an "organic" one that got 5 stars, but they all look pricey. Also - noticed the heinz does not say sugar-free but "reduced sugar"

HI, Toomanycats. Yeah, after I recieved the ketchup, I was surprised when the label said "reduced sugar". I obviously didn't look closely enough at the picture on netrition. But then I read the ingredients, and they are:

tomato concentrate
vinegar
salt
onion powder
sucralose(Splenda)

It does have 1 carb per tablespoon. Sucralose is made from sugar, so maybe they can't say sugar free? Anyway, as it was my first week of IP, I used Ketostix every day 3 times a day to see when I was going into ketosis. The ketchup never affected the dark purple of the strip once I was deep into ketosis (after about 3 days). Hope this helps.

TashaW 11-08-2009 08:45 PM

so, i am just ending day 3 and am slightly concerned what the scale will say tmr. I did really good staying on plan with one minor addition. Tonight I had scrambled eggs with sauted leek, spinich and garlic. I added 1/2 tsp of shredded asiago. It was amazing:)))) and for the first time in a week i am full and not starving(mostly from lack of eating form dental surgery)
I hope the small addition of cheese is allowed but I am uncertian. It carries no carbs!! Also I noticed that we are allowed saurkraut i am think it muxt be a specific kind because the type I have has 4 sugars per 1/2 cup. I did have some before I got reading the label. Tmr i will look for saurkraut withour sugars. On the label it was vague. It just said white cabbage, vinigar and spices. I think I had a great day all in all and hopefully the scale refelcts that:)))

Sandrab 11-08-2009 09:27 PM

HI - thanks for the info on the netrition. kind of scared the heck out of me, all for a bottle of ketchup. think i will stick to craving it! no way is customs keeping my ketchup!lol

magenta 11-08-2009 11:49 PM

Do you know you can make your own ketchup from a can of Hunts tomato paste? Add the vinegar, salt, onion powder, and tabasco if you like some zing. Then you can sweeten with whatever you choose. I prefer mine unsweetened and hot. Ü One would simmer this all together in a saucepan to blend the flavors and sterilize to put in in an empty ketchup bottle or a jar. I know WW once had a recipe boiled down from tomato juice with a lot of added spices. This is faster and easier.

spatime 11-09-2009 01:00 AM

Hi there all!

Wondering it any of you had heard or tried the Miracle Noodle?
www.miraclenoodle.com

valkyrie00 11-09-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spatime (Post 3006438)
Hi there all!

Wondering it any of you had heard or tried the Miracle Noodle?
www.miraclenoodle.com

Spatime,
I have tried them and I've got a bunch of packages I'm never ever going to use again. They were extremely slimy, for lack of a better word. I just couldn't deal with the texture. I'd offer to pass them around but just looked and the expiration date is 9/24/09. I'm not sure how hardcore that is though.
I did order some of the tofu shirataki tofu noodles from lowcarbu.com and like those MUCH better. I haven't had them but a couple of times.. I used WF Alfredo sauce, some rotisserie chicken and ate it up! Still a little slimy but not nearly as bad.
A couple of hints.... rinse them VERY well... they smell a little fishy. After you parboil them, dry them very well on some paper towels.