3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/185492-ideal-protein-diet-monthly-chat-november-2009-a.html)

PRINCASS 11-06-2009 10:40 AM

Week Two Weigh In!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070...3/165/221/.png
I'm a busy little bee...I have so much energy I almost don't know what to do with it!!

:dancer:
Everyday this diet becomes easier and more normal. I don't feel like I'm being denied anything. I feel wonderful!!:D

Good luck to everyone!! :hug:

coolbreeze 11-06-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ski4ever (Post 3002554)
Hi everybody,

I had my third weigh in last night and had lost another 5.9 lbs. That makes 17.5 in three weeks. How cool it that! On weight watchers it would have taken me at least 2 months to lose that much. Thanks for all the great recipes.
I am a little worried with the holidays coming up that I will want to have just ONE glass of wine, and all my lose will be stopped. I will have to just say no. Easier said than done. I was thinking of bringing one of my pom/cran/blueberry drinks into a club with me and just getting a glass of water. Then I will look like I am drinking and still be legal.

Awesome loss!! My trick during social events is to order a glass of water and put a pomegranite/cherry crystal light packet in it. Everyone thinks I am drinking a cape cod and doesnt question my choices. :-) You and I are pretty similar in build and weight loss goals but you are blowing me away with your big weekly losses! Are you exercising?

Gink 11-06-2009 11:31 AM

Awesome job everyone!

Josh - I would have had to quit the program if I HAD to have the leek soup....it was the worst ever. The chicken is decent and the mushroom is the best in my opinion. I tried the chili (is that spelled right?) yesterday for the first time - it was good but the portion was so small even with extra water. Oh well, at least it's something different for now.

One of my favorites is the omelette. Does anyone have any suggestions for preparing that in the microwave? I bring it to work with me and tried it in the mirco once..... It didn't turn out very well. Just wondering if any of you have any helpful hints for that?

Mom22 11-06-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3003239)
Hey, Josh. I read your blog...keep up the good work. Regarding the soups: after not being able to take them when made per directions, I tried making them with about 10-12 oz. of fat free chicken broth(5 cals/1g carbs per 8 oz.) and adding garlic/onion powder and black pepper. They taste MUCH better and the texture is improved. Someone on this board checked with their coach(I don't have one) about the "legality" of using chicken/beef/vegetable broths and they said to go for it. Hope this helps make them at least palatable. Good luck with your 3rd, and hopefully last difficult day.

I also asked my "coach" about broth and she said try to sekect a low sodium one but that ortherwise it's o.k. to have - opens a whole world of possibilities with making homemade soup.

alwe74 11-06-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gink (Post 3003338)
I tried the chili (is that spelled right?) yesterday for the first time - it was good but the portion was so small even with extra water. Oh well, at least it's something different for now.

If you add veggies to the chili and a little more seasoning (cumin, chili powder), it is way more filling. I add zucchini, green peppers, and broccoli.

valkyrie00 11-06-2009 12:44 PM

Hey guys.. wow there are so many new folks!! Welcome to all!
Just wanted everyone to know I'm still around... still on phase 1 and can't wait to get on my scales in the morning. My official weigh in is next Friday so I'll post where I am. I'm still doing my cardio and am actually jogging some.. quite impressed with myself I must say :)
I'm out of town the next two weeks so I should do really well... not much to do at the hotel other than work and work out... especially in the towns I'm going to be in... lol
Everyone have a great weekend!

echobaby 11-06-2009 12:52 PM

Today was my 1st "weigh-in"(I weighed myself)and I've lost 6 Lbs. That's awesome, but even more awesome is my energy level. I literally am bouncing off the walls and probably should not drink coffee anymore. I think I'm scaring my coworkers.

This is the weirdest thing: for the past 3-4 years I have dreaded exercising. I have so much energy the past few nights that I couldn't get to sleep much before 2 am....so I now WANT to exercise so I can get tired out!!! How bizarre. Who knew this would be so life-changing?

nicnyd 11-06-2009 01:05 PM

Hi guys, hope everyone is having a great week! I had my first official weigh and measure and here are the results, 11.2lbs and 7.25" in the first 7 days! Heres to next week!

saraj1022 11-06-2009 01:16 PM

Stay away from canned mushrooms! I went to buy some today to keep at work so I don't have to remember the fresh ones everyday...I read the label and the of course pack them with carbs

20bydec 11-06-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by df1960 (Post 3002523)
I had my first weigh in today. 8lbs down, I thought it would be more than that for the first week, but it is what it is. Having a hard time with figuring out my lunches at work. Most days I've been having the omelet with broccoli, very good anyone with other ideas.

I make the chicken soup with 6oz of water, add a tiny amount of canned chicken and some broccoli slaw. Heat and eat. I make it the night before and warm it up at work. I've also made the pudding the night before and bring it to work. I've put a tiny amt of shrimp on a lettuce salad also.

coolbreeze 11-06-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20bydec (Post 3003594)
I make the chicken soup with 6oz of water, add a tiny amount of canned chicken and some broccoli slaw. Heat and eat. I make it the night before and warm it up at work. I've also made the pudding the night before and bring it to work. I've put a tiny amt of shrimp on a lettuce salad also.

I also like to doctor up the chicken soup, I steam 2 cups of broccoli, puree it, stir it in, and sprinkle with 1 oz shredded cheddar. Cream of broccoli soup! Very filling and good. I like your idea on some canned chicken.

kaygirl 11-06-2009 02:33 PM

I'm back!! I finally start IP on wednesday. day 3 for me and going great. I read here about the tasted of thing wasn't great. I haven't found anything that I haven't liked except the cappuccino drink I'm not a coffee person and that just right down taste like coffee to me. As for Walden Farm dressings Ranch, Blue Cheese and the Slaw dressing taste great.. My first WI is Wednesday. I decided when starting this diet I wasn't going to cheat until I have all 30 pounds off of me.

echobaby 11-06-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkyrie00 (Post 3003469)
Hey guys.. wow there are so many new folks!! Welcome to all!
Just wanted everyone to know I'm still around... still on phase 1 and can't wait to get on my scales in the morning. My official weigh in is next Friday so I'll post where I am. I'm still doing my cardio and am actually jogging some.. quite impressed with myself I must say :)
I'm out of town the next two weeks so I should do really well... not much to do at the hotel other than work and work out... especially in the towns I'm going to be in... lol
Everyone have a great weekend!

Hi, Valyrie. You're quite an inspiration. Aren't you the one who managed to quit smoking while doing IP? How did it affect the taste of things and your rate of loss?

ottawa 11-06-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3003242)
How long have you been doing IP and how much have you lost?

I started Oct 19 so this is week 3 and I have lost a total of 8.7 pounds, 6.5 first week, and 1 pound a week since then, but hopefully I will lose a bit more between today and Monday morning when I weigh myself again.

valkyrie00 11-06-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3003674)
Hi, Valyrie. You're quite an inspiration. Aren't you the one who managed to quit smoking while doing IP? How did it affect the taste of things and your rate of loss?

No, that wasn't me... I have never smoked :)