Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #61  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabin View Post
will I continue to lose weight in phase 3?
Believe it or not, some people do. In general, the goal of phase 3 is more about stabilizing the weight loss. That is why you should be 100% at your goal by the time you are leaving phase 2.

Phase 3 is starting to "wake up the pancreas". It reintroduces carb based foods at breakfast and your body begins to respond and, hopefully, produce correct level of insulin levels instead of excess insulin.

There are some people who do continue to lose in phase 3 and I have not learned why. It may be because they have more energy and begin adding back exercise.

Most people slow down in phase 3 and reach a stable "end" weight. Remember, adding back carbs will add a small bump in weight as related glucose, glycogen, and water are added back to the body. It is for that reason a coach will usually have you set your goal 3 -6 pounds lower than you expect to be at permanently. Then they have you meet or surpass that goal by the end of phase 2.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Here are some information sheets on each of the different phases of Ideal Protein
thanks so much for taking the time to post these notes Jordanna.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 159.8/137.6/114

Height: 5'2"

I need to figure out if I can exercise...I would like to start walking 3 x a week...
is that allowed on Phase 1?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

Default exercise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silado529 View Post
I need to figure out if I can exercise...I would like to start walking 3 x a week...
I have some of the same questions. From what I've seen here and read from Dr that started this diet, excerise builds muscle, so weight loss may not show up on the scales, since muscle weights more than fat (I think) but lost inches will show. So excerise sounds like a good idea for overall health. Also my diet coach has a place on my weekly food log for exercise done that week on and she is happy when I've entered something, and I am in phase 1 also.

Last edited by thumper; 02-17-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #65  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I have some of the same questions. From what I've seen here and read from Dr that started this diet, excerise builds muscle, so weight loss may not show up on the scales, since muscle weights more than fat (I think) but lost inches will show. So excerise sounds like a good idea for overall health. Also my diet coach has a place on my weekly food log for exercise done that week on and she is happy when I've entered something, and I am in phase 1 also.
PLEASE READ THE EXERCISE THREAD!!!!

Last edited by Linden; 02-17-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #66  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silado529 View Post
Walking is good. Check out the Exercise thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3717156
Old 02-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 169/162.4/135

Height: 5'5"

This is my 10th day and I am struggling. Reading through the various post I have decided that the clinic I chose must not be well trained. I did not get much info at all. I was not told about restricted items at all(other than limit them to one a day). I have been eating either a bar or the chips for snack everyday. Could that be part of my problem? I do love them. I also saw something about an informational DVD but cannot find anything online. I feel like knowledge is power and I am pretty weak. You guys are awesome for sharing!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #68  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I am having scanner issues. SO, I thought I would just share the changes from a phase 1 plan to a phase 1 athletic plan.

Basically your day is the same EXCEPT:

Breakfast is 1 - 2 packets of the omelette or oatmeal
Lunch is normal but you add 1 hard boiled egg or 1/3 can tuna
Dinner is the same as phase 1
Snacks are ONLY puddings and you get 1 -2

it is much more restricted in choices especially at breakfast and snack.

Outside of that it is the same. You get your variety in packets at lunch. You have a normal phase 1 dinner

The notes on the protocol are
"ATHLETES... it is very import to consume 1 -2 grams of protein per lean pound of body weight."

It also says: Reduce intensity of training, at this point priority is on conserving existing mass and trimming fat. Post workout (with in 45 minutes) drink 2 envelopes: peach mango, pineapple banana, or cocoa drink.

Just remember this is for people who exercise near 5 hours a day.

If you exercise a lot some days and not others you might modify it or try just adding 1 or 2 extras protein portions on days you are in a midrange for exercise.

I will add the scan of the actual sheet once my scanner begins to cooperate.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 03-01-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #69  

Default Fruit Juice & Phase 4

it was explained to tat Phase 4 is one week which I continue on into lifetime maintenance. is this correct?

what is the recomendation on fruit juice?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #70  

Does anyone have a problem sleeping after having Protein snack at night?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #71  

I'm on phase one and stayed up too late last night. Thought I would cheat with 2 or 3 m&m's.......Well that led to a handful because I could not stop grabbing 4 more than 5 etc.
What did this do to my diet?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaLaV View Post
I'm on phase one and stayed up too late last night. Thought I would cheat with 2 or 3 m&m's.......Well that led to a handful because I could not stop grabbing 4 more than 5 etc.
What did this do to my diet?
Probably kicked yourself our of ketosis. Today is a new day.......move on and stay OP today. I like to make the chocolate drink into hot chocolate at night. mmmmm warm and chocolatey.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #73  

Default New Phase 1 protocol with up to 8 oz of meat or chicken

This seems to be getting lost in daily threads. It is attached to this post for future reference.

Changes I noticed "at a glance"
- higher limit on beef, poultry, pork, veal protein
- bell peppers on select list with no restrictions about cooked/raw, color

One inconsistency that puzzles me:
- rutabaga is a select veggie -- could have 4 cups a day, 7 days a week
- swede is an occasional veggie -- limited to 2 cups/week
Aren't swede and rutabaga the same thing? (wikipedia link)

Oh IP, do you intentionally do this to confuse your clients and make them dependent on you? <sigh>
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Phase 1 _ 2011 revisions.pdf (78.4 KB, 647 views)
Old 03-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #74  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Thank you so much for posting Phase 2. I couldn't find it till I found your entry. Smile. Very helpful. My husband is ready to begin P2 though I'll be on P1 for another 40 lbs. Smile. 20 down though and I'm happy bout that!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
The second phase lasts between one and two weeks.

a) Morning:
- Coffee or tea.
- 1 packet or 1 measure of protein.

b) Noon:
- Raw or cooked green vegetables.
- 5 oz. lean meat or poultry.
- OR 5 to 6 oz. lean fish. You may have fattier meat or fish 3 to 4 times a week.
- 2 tablespoons oil for flavor.

c) Late-afternoon snack:
- 1 packet or 1 measure of protein.

d) Evening:
Dinner is exactly the same as lunch: 5 oz. lean meat or poultry with green vegetables.

You may have 1 to 2 dairy products per day, such as plain yogurt or 2% cottage cheese.

Comments: The second phase closely resembles the first phase, as your diet still excludes carbohydrates and ketosis continues.

I now tend to shorten this phase to less than one week so that the first phase can be extended as long as possible and protein packets are used for a late-afternoon or evening snack.
Just curious--you say "I now tend to shorten this phase"---does this mean that once you go off the diet you gain the weight back and ARE DOING IT OVER AGAIN?
Closed Thread