Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi there!
I am so glad that there is so much support out there for IP, I have been on IP for 12 weeks and have lost 39 lbs and 65 inches!! I love most of the food, had a couple of cheats, i just got married 2 months ago so I fell of the wagon a bit... never gained tho so that was awesome! My sister is getting married in Sept and we just had her stagette this past weekend so i have to see how i did on my weighin tommorrow. My husband started this after our wedding and he has lost 34 lbs and 58 inches after just 6 weeks. This works and I cant wait to get this weight off!! But if you follow it you will lose no matter what!!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Well the weigh in after the stagette was not bad at all! lost 1.8lbs and 1.75 inches not the numbers I normally pull in but I was happy to have lost something! Back on the wagon and cant wait to weigh in next week ( my IP coach is off this week for surgery) Thinking i may throw some zumba in to tone up a bit before I leave on my honeymoon in sept! I LOVE THIS PLAN! Everyone in my family is now on this plan except for my dad but he just said that once my sisters wedding is done he wants to start to, the only thing is he may have to do the alternative plan since he has had a stroke and hauls oil so he doesnt get home until 8-9 at night. Anyways I am super excited for him and My hubby for deciding to do this with us! one step further to being healthy!!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #33  

Default Join us in the daily chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove1981 View Post
Well the weigh in after the stagette was not bad at all! lost 1.8lbs and 1.75 inches not the numbers I normally pull in but I was happy to have lost something! Back on the wagon and cant wait to weigh in next week ( my IP coach is off this week for surgery) Thinking i may throw some zumba in to tone up a bit before I leave on my honeymoon in sept! I LOVE THIS PLAN! Everyone in my family is now on this plan except for my dad but he just said that once my sisters wedding is done he wants to start to, the only thing is he may have to do the alternative plan since he has had a stroke and hauls oil so he doesnt get home until 8-9 at night. Anyways I am super excited for him and My hubby for deciding to do this with us! one step further to being healthy!!
Great work! Congrats on your pounds and inches lost!

I see that you're new. More people will see your great news and cheer you on if you post in the daily chat threads. Also, this thread is for information about Ideal Protein Diet Phases (weight loss, transition, and maintenance). When you're starting to post on this forum, it can be a little confusing.

Here's the thread for today.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...24-2010-a.html

If you see this message after Tuesday August 24, check the main forum and look below all the "Sticky" threads (they have the word "Sticky" in red). You'll see one with the current day's date. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/
Old 08-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 145/142/125

Height: 5.5

Thanks for all the advise!!! I am so proud for you all loosing so well!!! I weighed in today!!! I am going on week 4 and I have lost 11.8 pounds!!!!!! I am now 137.8 - SOOO excited. My goal is 130 and I will be forever happy.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:03 PM   #35  

Oh and if anyone knows how to "edit" what I indicated as my weight, please let me know. I actually started out at 148.3 and I am now 137. I am not sure how I inputed the wrong info but obviously I did. LOL
Old 08-31-2010, 02:05 PM   #36  

I sure will. Thanks!!! I am still trying to figure all of this out. LOL
Old 09-05-2010, 02:09 AM   #37  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnytobe View Post
Oh and if anyone knows how to "edit" what I indicated as my weight, please let me know. I actually started out at 148.3 and I am now 137. I am not sure how I inputed the wrong info but obviously I did. LOL
Look up to the purple bar, far left, and click on User CP. Then go into your profile from the choices at the left. Scroll down until you see what you originally entered.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #38  

I've been considering trying this diet. I noticed so many people have a significant amount to lose. I need to lose around 20...while that may not seem like alot, i'm petite and that's a lot of weight for me. Is this diet appropriate if you don't have large amounts of weight to lose.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendagorman View Post
I've been considering trying this diet. I noticed so many people have a significant amount to lose. I need to lose around 20...while that may not seem like alot, i'm petite and that's a lot of weight for me. Is this diet appropriate if you don't have large amounts of weight to lose.
Brenda! People have started Ideal Protein with 20 lbs to lose. Check out the daily chat thread to put your question to more people.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-05-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #40  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendagorman View Post

This program is for EVERYONE! It is for anyone who has anything to lose and especially for anyone who has 20 to lose and doesn't want to keep on the path they are, gaining and maybe not knowing why.

Ideal protein helps to correct what is happening in your body healthwise and, will help you to understand how your body processes carbs and how to eat in the future so, you don't regain the weight or begin to yo-yo diet.

I have often said, I wish I had know about this and done it when I was "just" 20 pounds over weight. That 20 pounds was so big to me and so essential to me get my weight in control. I have lost just at 90 pounds now, and I would tell ANYONE no matter what the weight.. DO THIS you won't regret it!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

Default Vegitarian Phase 1

Does anyone have the protocol for Phase 1 - vegetarian?
Thanks
Jean
Old 11-28-2010, 03:23 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 191.5/180.5/125

Question Soon to be a beginner....

I have contacted a nearby clinic that provides IP, but can't attend an introductory meeting till January. Apparently, they don't want people thinking about this program to start during the holidays because of all the temptation. I can see the reasoning. In the meantime, I want to learn some more info about IP from people who have experienced the program. What is the success rate of keeping the weight off? I did HCG (2 rounds) but ended up gaining the weight back. Granted I did go back to eating horribly (not right away), but it seemed like the weight started coming back as soon as I brought the carbs back in (including good carbs such as whole grain pasta, etc.). HCG also made me lose a lot of muscle mass, so I am happy that IP is supposed to maintain your muscle. One really bad side effect that happened with HCG is that I was having severe leg cramps even when I was asleep. My doctor figured it was from a lack of potassium. Are there any bad side effects experienced while doing IP? Last question is regarding something that I was told when I called the clinic...they stated that prior to phase 1 they have you do an elimination phase for about a week. Does anyone have any information regarding the elimiation phase? I want to make sure that I sufficiently research before putting a lot of money towards another weight loss system.

Last edited by nellie83; 11-28-2010 at 03:30 AM. Reason: missing word
Old 11-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie83 View Post
I have contacted a nearby clinic that provides IP, but can't attend an introductory meeting till January. Apparently, they don't want people thinking about this program to start during the holidays because of all the temptation. I can see the reasoning. In the meantime, I want to learn some more info about IP from people who have experienced the program. What is the success rate of keeping the weight off? I did HCG (2 rounds) but ended up gaining the weight back. Granted I did go back to eating horribly (not right away), but it seemed like the weight started coming back as soon as I brought the carbs back in (including good carbs such as whole grain pasta, etc.). HCG also made me lose a lot of muscle mass, so I am happy that IP is supposed to maintain your muscle. One really bad side effect that happened with HCG is that I was having severe leg cramps even when I was asleep. My doctor figured it was from a lack of potassium. Are there any bad side effects experienced while doing IP? Last question is regarding something that I was told when I called the clinic...they stated that prior to phase 1 they have you do an elimination phase for about a week. Does anyone have any information regarding the elimiation phase? I want to make sure that I sufficiently research before putting a lot of money towards another weight loss system.
I am fairly new to IP, 7 weeks, so not the most experienced. Read all the threads here including the daily ones.
My clinic said nothing about an elimination cleanse butyou will find the there are several differences from clinic to clinic.
With IP there are supplements, potassium, magnesium, calcium + a multi vitamin and others as well.
Long term success seems above average compared to other diets. I for one and sure that I can maintain once in phase 4.
Side effects seem to be minimal. One side effect that I like is ................ no longer needing an alarm clock! I have my early 20's energy back! There have been some that experience hair loss, but it is not long term.
If you want to test out IP before January then read the alternative thread and perhaps try doing a psuedo IP plan until January.
I suggest copying and posting your questions to the weekend thread.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #44  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie83 View Post
I have contacted a nearby clinic that provides IP, but can't attend an introductory meeting till January. ...
What is the success rate of keeping the weight off? I did HCG (2 rounds) but ended up gaining the weight back. Granted I did go back to eating horribly (not right away), but it seemed like the weight started coming back as soon as I brought the carbs back in (including good carbs such as whole grain pasta, etc.).

HCG also made me lose a lot of muscle mass, so I am happy that IP is supposed to maintain your muscle.

One really bad side effect that happened with HCG is that I was having severe leg cramps even when I was asleep. My doctor figured it was from a lack of potassium.
Are there any bad side effects experienced while doing IP?

Last question is regarding something that I was told when I called the clinic...they stated that prior to phase 1 they have you do an elimination phase for about a week. Does anyone have any information regarding the elimiation phase? I want to make sure that I sufficiently research before putting a lot of money towards another weight loss system.

I don't know the official numbers of how many maintain and for how long. If you just use this to drop the weight and don't change how you see and use food to maintain a healthy body and weight, you will like gain it back. Fortunately, this program has 4 steps and you do learn, very well how it is the food that helped you lose that weight ( the food helped you put it on too) and how to keep it off.

IP helps you maintain muscle mass but, IT DOES NOT prevent you from losing some muscle. You lose a small amount. No way around it. Your body doesn't need it to carry the excess weight around so, it uses a little to fuel itself in maintaining other muscle and organs. It is DESIGNED to protect essential organs and heart muscle if you use the diet and the supplements correctly.

We take large amounts of potassium on this plan and calcium/magnesium to help with muscle cramps. It could be a side effect here too but, it may not be if you take the supplements as suggested.

The elimination phase may just be your clinics way of saying ween off carbs the week before. I don't know of any other thing like you suggest. I know a few clinics like there clients to use a detox/cleanse with the program.

It could make it a bit easier to get on and stay on phase 1 if you were to ease off the carbs, assuming you are a high carb eater.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #45  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Here's th message I got when I went looking. Could you please put this in the Tips for Newbies thread, too?

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Closed Thread