Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I didn't and haven't used any restricted products. For me, and each answer will be from a personal perspective, I lost about 4 pounds a week for 10 weeks. Some people have used restricted from the beginning without issue. You can do this one of two ways. You are paying a clinic for food and guidance, if they don't have a problem and they will sell you the restricted items (my coach won't) you can use them. If the clinic won't sell them, then you need to decide if you want them enough to order from somewhere else. As far as losing weight... it doesn't seem to effect everyone badly so, you would have to see how your body responds. To that end, you might want to have a week or two of non restricted so you can see if using restricted items does cause a slow down. If it doesn't, go for it in moderation. If it does effect you, wait and try again later.

Jordanna waited 2 months to add restricted items, has 1 or 2 a week now. She had great loss. I am not sure how bevs, or novak, or sylvie, or babs, or cw (chaplains wifey), sassy, or some of the other big losers did but, listen to their advice! They have had truly great success!
Old 06-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #17  

Does anybody is able to post here the ''normal'' amount of fat, calories, and carbs, that we're supposed to eat everyday in pH1 ?

I know that we should keep under 40 g of carbs, but what are the others ?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #18  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Jordanna waited 2 months to add restricted items, has 1 or 2 a week now. She had great loss. I am not sure how bevs, or novak, or sylvie, or babs, or cw (chaplains wifey), sassy, or some of the other big losers did but, listen to their advice! They have had truly great success!
Carla, sound strange to be mentionned as a big loser but that's where I am now! lol My coach allowed me to use restricted packets from the beginning but I didn't buy any on my first 60lbs. When I got back on IP train after the Holidays, I had about 2 a week, to keep sane as my family was having big breakfasts!

Hope this helps!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #19  

Default Phase 3 and 4 Guidelines

Here are phase 3 and 4 with explanations:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase 3 - Ideal Protein.pdf (67.2 KB, 1885 views)
File Type: pdf Phase 3 explanation - Ideal Protein.pdf (276.6 KB, 1815 views)
File Type: pdf Phase 4 - Ideal Protein.pdf (32.5 KB, 1573 views)
File Type: pdf Phase 4 explanation - Ideal Protein.pdf (56.2 KB, 1578 views)
Old 06-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #20  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
Hi
Im gonna be starting IP on Saturday and was wondering about the restricted protein supplements. Is it better if I dont use those untill the third week? Thats what it says on the paper but I was wondering if thats how you all have had those amazing results the first couple weeks, TIA
I didn't use any restricted products till week 4, when I tried the orange pancakes. Though I haven't felt like I've slowed down since I added the restricted items, I can't say as to whether I would have lost faster without them. I'm guessing I would have -- because of fewer carbs/calories.

I tried to only use the restricted items on days when I'm working out. If you're craving something sweet, go for the jello.

Here's a tip: Hit up the in-store deli at your local mega mart, and ask them to sell you some of their smallest plastic containers and lids. They're a lot cheaper than buying the brand name containers in the food storage section, and they're a good size for the jello. I make all 7 at once so that they're waiting in the fridge, ready to go.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
Hi
Im gonna be starting IP on Saturday and was wondering about the restricted protein supplements. Is it better if I dont use those untill the third week? Thats what it says on the paper but I was wondering if thats how you all have had those amazing results the first couple weeks, TIA
Good for you for choosing IP! My husband (Michael) and I started together. Tomorrow will be two weeks. Michael had gotten a sheet of the IP items our clinic carries and I noticed all those bars that sounded so good. Since I wasn't a fan of the soups, nor of the pudding, I had Michael get a bunch of the bars the first week so we could have those as our snack at night. Well, it did sabotage our weight loss. I noticed it quickly though, and realized that they were on the restricted list (only meaning that it is best if you do not use them during the first three weeks). As good as they are (and I mean, they are EXCELLENT), we decided to hold those until later.

I have found that my favorite is the Capuccino drink mix, which I do as a shake by mixing it with 7 oz of cold water and using 3-4 ice cubes made from leftover coffee (I used flavored coffee too), and adding 1 packet of splenda. I have a Cook's mini blender that I use to mix it into a YUMMY coffee-flavored shake. I could have these three times a day!

I am feeling SO much better and my cravings for sweets, bread and fat have GONE (never accomplished that with any other diet). Best thing is that Michael was having major problems with diabetes (type II). He was on four Metformin a day and the day before we started diet his blood sugar reading was 312 (even with the four metformin). During the first week, he reduced his metformin to 1 a day. He is now OFF the metformin and his blood sugar readings have been between 83 and 110!

I wish you the best of luck with your venture. I know this site will help you. Be sure and check out the recipe sections.

Nonna G
Old 07-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #22  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnag View Post
Good for you for choosing IP! My husband (Michael) and I started together. Tomorrow will be two weeks. Michael had gotten a sheet of the IP items our clinic carries and I noticed all those bars that sounded so good. Since I wasn't a fan of the soups, nor of the pudding, I had Michael get a bunch of the bars the first week so we could have those as our snack at night. Well, it did sabotage our weight loss. I noticed it quickly though, and realized that they were on the restricted list (only meaning that it is best if you do not use them during the first three weeks). As good as they are (and I mean, they are EXCELLENT), we decided to hold those until later.

I have found that my favorite is the Capuccino drink mix, which I do as a shake by mixing it with 7 oz of cold water and using 3-4 ice cubes made from leftover coffee (I used flavored coffee too), and adding 1 packet of splenda. I have a Cook's mini blender that I use to mix it into a YUMMY coffee-flavored shake. I could have these three times a day!

I am feeling SO much better and my cravings for sweets, bread and fat have GONE (never accomplished that with any other diet). Best thing is that Michael was having major problems with diabetes (type II). He was on four Metformin a day and the day before we started diet his blood sugar reading was 312 (even with the four metformin). During the first week, he reduced his metformin to 1 a day. He is now OFF the metformin and his blood sugar readings have been between 83 and 110!

I wish you the best of luck with your venture. I know this site will help you. Be sure and check out the recipe sections.

Nonna G
Welcome!!!

You are smart to weight on the restricteds, IMHO, they kind of rob you during the first weeks of the potential success. After a few weeks or more, they don't seem to have the same degree of impact on weight loss.

I love the idea of using the frozen coffee ice cubes. SO much better than diluting the drink with ice. I am certain that tip would be valuable to others too. You might want to post it to the recipes thread!

I am so happy to hear you have better control over your food cravings. I noticed that too! I don't have nearly as much issue as I had on other diets. The best part of this diet is the health changes!! You and your husband must be so excited about his reduction in medication. congratulations on that benefit.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:50 AM   #23  

Icw32,
Thanks for the reply~as well as the compliment. When you first begin this program a great coach will warn you that the first several days you might not feel so great. This is due to your body burning off all of the excess garbage it has stored, but following those days, your energy will soar(as your body begins to literally transform). Yeahhhhh....inches shed, muscle building, fat burning.....you'll become one great walkin', talkin' machine~I mean HUMAN BEING! (grinning, yet sincere).

Considering I am new at this site I had a heck of a time getting back to this spot. Glad I found it, or your comment could have been lost among the zillions of posts here. Again thanks for replying. Have a great night, and sweet dreams.
~SmilinDi~
Old 07-07-2010, 01:14 AM   #24  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinDi View Post
Icw32,
When you first begin this program a great coach will warn you that the first several days you might not feel so great. This is due to your body burning off all of the excess garbage it has stored
you can say that again, but if you can gut it out for the first few (grim) days, it is sooo worth it.

Icw32: it looks like you are starting tomorrow: GOOD LUCK on your journey and we are all here to help each other, so book mark the IP home page (see below) and come back as often as you can. Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinDi View Post
Considering I am new at this site I had a heck of a time getting back to this spot. Glad I found it, or your comment could have been lost among the zillions of posts here. Again thanks for replying. Have a great night, and sweet dreams.
~SmilinDi~
SmilinDi your dedication to change is awe inspiring, thanks for posting!

SmilinDi and Icw32 If you bookmark this link,
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

it will take you to the IP home page, with lots of discussions about IP. Scroll about half way down the page and you will see the weekly "chat", which is generally the most "trafficked" part of the website. The section you are in now "Phases" , which is specific to that topic. You will see that listed toward the top of the home page.
WELCOME!

Last edited by Rocky Monarch; 07-07-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: mis-spoke!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

Default Vegitarian Phase 1

Does anyone have the vegetarian phase 1 for IP they can share?
Jean
Old 07-18-2010, 02:04 AM   #26  

I hope I'm writing in the correct area. Just trying to get some tips on how to incorporate Phase 4 into my life. I'm a flight attendant and try to avoid having to eat out too much while away. I have a small cooler I can bring with food and can heat up things in the oven on the plane. Trying to figure out good things to pack in my lunch box that are maintenance friendly. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 07-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonrever View Post
I hope I'm writing in the correct area. Just trying to get some tips on how to incorporate Phase 4 into my life. I'm a flight attendant and try to avoid having to eat out too much while away. I have a small cooler I can bring with food and can heat up things in the oven on the plane. Trying to figure out good things to pack in my lunch box that are maintenance friendly. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Try the Life after Phase 1 thread. There's lots of good information from other folks who are in Phase 4.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
Old 08-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 145/142/125

Height: 5.5

I just started IP this past Tuesday, this is day 5!! I thought I was going to die the first 4 days!! I woke up this morning and feel great!! Thank you Lord because I was seriously thinking to just chaulk this up as a waste of time and money. I am hypoglycemic and it really scares me when my sugar hits low but thanks to the protein bars, I survived!! My scales indicate I am loosing a little, I will wi on Tuesday morning. I am excited now. Everyone please remember me today. I am cooking a big meal for my family. Love to read all of these blogs each day it has also helped me stick with this the last few days. I want to loose 20 pounds!!! Maybe this will be the "LAST DIET".
Old 08-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnytobe View Post
I just started IP this past Tuesday, this is day 5!! I thought I was going to die the first 4 days!! I woke up this morning and feel great!! Thank you Lord because I was seriously thinking to just chaulk this up as a waste of time and money. I am hypoglycemic and it really scares me when my sugar hits low but thanks to the protein bars, I survived!! My scales indicate I am loosing a little, I will wi on Tuesday morning. I am excited now. Everyone please remember me today. I am cooking a big meal for my family. Love to read all of these blogs each day it has also helped me stick with this the last few days. I want to loose 20 pounds!!! Maybe this will be the "LAST DIET".

Please make sure you check out the other "sticky" and "thread" posts. There is a wealth of info on our forum!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Default Good for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnytobe View Post
Hello from a fellow Mississippian! So glad you are doing this wonderful program with me. My husband and I have been on it for almost 8 weeks now. My scales showed 141.8 this morning and Michael's was 204! I weighed in at 161.3 officially, but we didn't start for another week because we were going to a family reunion. Obviously, I weighed a little more when we actually started IP the next week! Officially I have lost almost 20 pounds and Michael has lost 35 lbs. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10 and Michael from a size 46 pants to a size 38 pants! We have a retail store and our customers have really noticed and commented on the difference. Michael had both hips replaced last year and had gotten to the point where he could hardly walk due to back, knee and foot problems. He was on 4 metformin a day and it was still not controlling his blood sugar. Within a week his blood sugar was normal. Within 2 weeks he was off the metformin. He is also off Inderal which he took for 26 years for tremors, and he no longer has the tremors. This program is about more than just weight loss. It has given him his life back. One of the owners of the weight loss clinic we go to is a former pharmaceutical rep we go to church with. One of the other owners is a local doctor. They took about 2-1/2 years to put their clinic together and did a lot of research before going with the IP program. I have been on many different diets in my adult years, and this is the ONLY one I have been able to stick to. The way I feel, and the way I feel about myself, is more important than any donut or piece of chocolate cake. The first few days were hard for me too (I'm sure it was the chemicals and toxins leaving my body and causing headaches), but it passes and you will start really feeling so good about yourself. You will find that "good for you" food tastes so much better - food like okra and cauliflower and broccoli and turnips. Be sure and check out the recipes, but be cautious as not all are for Phase I. Please feel free to email me. Best of luck!
Closed Thread