3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Phases (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases.html)

wuv2bloved 12-02-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwal (Post 4126867)
So I have been really good all week. I lost 4 pounds and several inches but tonight I had a holiday party and I could not resist the brie cheese and desserts.....So I am really upset, it was going really well...lesson learned I cannot resist the temptation. I ate about 45g of extra fat than I have while I have been on the diet. What do I do to get back on track and how badly did I mess up? HELP!!!!

Get right back on the wagon, don't wait. What is done is done can't change that. Don't beat yourself up, pick yourself up instead :)

karathanasis 12-26-2011 11:36 AM

Hi
I want to try this program but I don't want to join a diet center. In the past when I was on slim 4 life I ordered protein products online. How many grams of protein are in the Ideal Protein diet packets?
I just was wondering if I could do the diet without joining any diet program?
Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.
Thanks

wuv2bloved 12-26-2011 01:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by karathanasis (Post 4146467)
Hi
I want to try this program but I don't want to join a diet center. In the past when I was on slim 4 life I ordered protein products online. How many grams of protein are in the Ideal Protein diet packets?
I just was wondering if I could do the diet without joining any diet program?
Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.
Thanks

See if this will answer your question....Let me know if this is what you were looking for....Lisa

karathanasis 12-26-2011 03:47 PM

Thanks

That is exactly what I was looking for. Did you join a diet program to do the Ideal Protein Diet or are you doing it by yourself?

wuv2bloved 12-26-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karathanasis (Post 4146611)
That is exactly what I was looking for. Did you join a diet program to do the Ideal Protein Diet or are you doing it by yourself?

I joined, I go weigh in once a week and get my food at that time:D

omgzitsmiranda 01-04-2012 10:44 PM

Does anyone here NOT take the vitamins & supplements they suggest that you buy from them? Also, if you're NOT taking them are you still losing as much weight as someone that IS taking them?

wuv2bloved 01-05-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4157152)
Does anyone here NOT take the vitamins & supplements they suggest that you buy from them? Also, if you're NOT taking them are you still losing as much weight as someone that IS taking them?

After I finished my first month of the supplements I didn't buy them from IP again. I just use the Centrum for woman multi vitiam, Omega 3, 6,9 from Sam's, potassium from walmart and the cal/mag from walmart. My weight losses have not changed. The supplements are to get the nutrition we don't get from out diet, not to help you lose the weight.

mamacitaof2 01-05-2012 06:32 AM

I use the same supplements as Wuv. They are very inexpensive and necessary. You also need to have sea salt! I've read a lot of posts of people getting really bad headaches. I did on day two and just ended up going to bed. I hadn't heard about licking salt of you palm and having a glass of water yet. :)

omgzitsmiranda 01-07-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4157282)
After I finished my first month of the supplements I didn't buy them from IP again. I just use the Centrum for woman multi vitiam, Omega 3, 6,9 from Sam's, potassium from walmart and the cal/mag from walmart. My weight losses have not changed. The supplements are to get the nutrition we don't get from out diet, not to help you lose the weight.

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry to bother you, but I was just wondering if you could possibly tell me exactly what yours are? I need to pick some up and I've looked all over the threads, but I'm getting pretty overwhelmed with all the "difference" in what people are taking :(

purple sky 01-24-2012 02:18 PM

Bumping so this thread is not buried. Lots of useful data sheets in here with phases and alternative phases and nutritional info.

VanCanGirl 01-24-2012 06:25 PM

Fatigue!

Hi all,

I am on my second week of IP; started last Monday and I have already lost 6 pounds. Last week I felt fine most of the week, but this week (yesterday and today even more so) I am feeling very tired and lethargic :dz:

My nutritionist warned me that the first 1-2 weeks you may feel tired and to refrain from working out, but since I felt so little fatigue last week, I assumed I'd feel even better this week - that's not the case.

I'm not having any problem with hunger or cravings; I enjoy the food and find the program very easy to follow, but this is the only niggling thing that is bothering me - my low energy levels.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can you offer some suggestions? :shrug:

wuv2bloved 01-24-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCanGirl (Post 4186862)
Hi all,

I am on my second week of IP; started last Monday and I have already lost 6 pounds. Last week I felt fine most of the week, but this week (yesterday and today even more so) I am feeling very tired and lethargic :dz:

My nutritionist warned me that the first 1-2 weeks you may feel tired and to refrain from working out, but since I felt so little fatigue last week, I assumed I'd feel even better this week - that's not the case.

I'm not having any problem with hunger or cravings; I enjoy the food and find the program very easy to follow, but this is the only niggling thing that is bothering me - my low energy levels.

Add some salt to your day, put 1/2tsp of sea salt and lick it off the palm of your hand then drink water. Your BP maybe low or your electorlytes

infoplease 01-24-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

I never did get any kind of energy surge, more of just feeling better a bit at a time as more weight comes off.

First, do they check your blood pressure? Mine dropped pretty low pretty quick. Suggestions for this are be sure you are getting in the 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt per day(I measure it) or even add caffeine (the salt helps me).

Next, are you eating any restricted IP packets? Having one per day also helped. If your clinic is having you hold off on that, be sure to have some of the restricted vegetables twice a week.

Then, the regular non-diet related stuff: are you coming down with something? close to TOM? allergies? weather?

My theory is that some of us have some really bad stuff in our fat and it affects us differently. Also, some of us have really messed up our body systems, so starting to use fat for fuel is confusing (and a bit exhausting) to our bodies, kind of like an old car that you have to start up in just a certain way before it will turn on and run smoothly. It really does get better and the need for so much sleep does let up.

Certainly if you continue to feel badly for a week or two straight, consider visiting your doctor.

Linden 01-25-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Everything info says is really good, I think, especially the bit about blood pressure. I'd just add that not getting enough water can make you tired and stop flushing stuff out of your system. Probably related.

wuv2bloved 01-25-2012 09:43 PM

Updated Phase 1 sheet

1 Attachment(s)
It was brought to my attention by PeggyG that the Phaase 1 sheet is the old sheet, this one is dated 2011 So I am assuming I have the most current one. Someone please correct me if I am wrong :)