Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5 ft 4 in

I have read a lot about this program and would like to start but there is no one to get it from in my area. I looked at their website but I didnt see anywhere you could buy the products. Please help
Old 11-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #212  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy chickadee View Post
I have read a lot about this program and would like to start but there is no one to get it from in my area. I looked at their website but I didnt see anywhere you could buy the products. Please help
http://www.idealtogo.com/login.taf

Click on "contact us" to get signed up with the "Ideal to go" program, then you should have access to everything including purchasing the products.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 203.6/185.8/135

Height: 5'5

Phase I week 4. I really like most of the food but not many of the soups lunch is the hardest meal for me thus far.
W1: 7.8
W2: 5.8
W3: 4.2
Old 11-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

I hope this is the right place to ask- is IP ok for a full-time nursing mom?
In many ways, this seems great for a busy mom of 3- the idea of packets appeals to me, I currently eat garbage a lot of the time, because I just reach for something, anything, to get into my body and keep going.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #215  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
I hope this is the right place to ask- is IP ok for a full-time nursing mom?
In many ways, this seems great for a busy mom of 3- the idea of packets appeals to me, I currently eat garbage a lot of the time, because I just reach for something, anything, to get into my body and keep going.
No - you cannot do IP until you are done nursing. The diet is extremely low calorie and does not provide you with enough calories to support nursing.

You may want to look into Weight Watchers while you are still nursing, to get yourself into better eating habits. Then you can revisit IP once your little one is done with nursing. Good luck!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
No - you cannot do IP until you are done nursing. The diet is extremely low calorie and does not provide you with enough calories to support nursing.

You may want to look into Weight Watchers while you are still nursing, to get yourself into better eating habits. Then you can revisit IP once your little one is done with nursing. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, that's what I figured. You can't do anything it seems while you are nursing!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:50 AM   #217  

I am looking for a Phase Three list that uses ounces instead of gram. Does one exist? I just started P3, and after a great two months and 38 lbs later, I want to make sure I am eating enough of the right stuff.
Thank you!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #218  
Reboot 9/2014

The Phase 3 sheet is talking about nutritional content, not weight, when referring to grams of fat, carbs, protein, etc. Different foods will have different nutritional content so you are not going to find weight measures for what you are supposed to eat. That's one of the biggest challenges in Phase 3 - learning how to plan your meals based on the nutritional content. There are lots of resources both on this forum and on the internet to help with that planning, I use myfitnesspal.com to track my meals and will be using it to build my Phase 3 breakfasts when the time comes.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #219  

Default New here. New to IP

Question...today i started IP. Phew. My coach has me on 5 packets per day for this week? Anyone else do this during the first week? And, because i am not able to reach my coach until monday, i am wondering why she would suggest 5 packets. Any ideas? Thanks so much!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #220  
Reboot 9/2014

[QUOTE=Mikeyscout;4525136]Question...today i started IP. Phew. My coach has me on 5 packets per day for this week? Anyone else do this during the first week? And, because i am not able to reach my coach until monday, i am wondering why she would suggest 5 packets. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

I have seen some coaches do that with their clients who have a lot to lose, or just to make the transition to lower calories easier. I know there are a few people on the boards who have been on 4 packets a day consistently through their losses. You can always bring it up at your next weigh in just to get your coach's personal reasoning for it!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #221  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
It is good to know that there is an alternative if I begin to have trouble... I've liver enzyme hikes in my past and am told by my doc to not ignore problems or pain. He is a little concerned about the ketosis but very much likes the loss I'm seeing. This is good to have if there is a problem reather than throw in the towel. Thanks so much.
I just wanted to let you guys know that this is working. Well, I only started 2 days ago but after my first 2 weigh ins have lost 6 lbs. I wanted to hurry and tell you all that because I know that it will slow down drastically in the days ahead and I just wanted to be able to be excited over a big loss. It makes me happy. Smile.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyscout View Post
Question...today i started IP. Phew. My coach has me on 5 packets per day for this week? Anyone else do this during the first week? And, because i am not able to reach my coach until monday, i am wondering why she would suggest 5 packets. Any ideas? Thanks so much!
The IP handout that I was given when I started (How Your Body May Initially Respond), states that during the first few days, up to 5 packets are allowed (only one restricted item). This is to deal with hunger or low blood sugar.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #223  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Okay, so reading through a lot of posts on this site, it seems like 3 packets for Phase I is the norm. I was put on 4 IP foods per day, and was told that I'd be on Phase I for the entire time until I reached my goal and then went on maintenance. Is that as unusual as it seems from my reading? I have about 25-30 pounds to lose overall.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #224  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Okay, so reading through a lot of posts on this site, it seems like 3 packets for Phase I is the norm. I was put on 4 IP foods per day, and was told that I'd be on Phase I for the entire time until I reached my goal and then went on maintenance. Is that as unusual as it seems from my reading? I have about 25-30 pounds to lose overall.
Welcome to your last diet! Since your protocol sheet clearly says 3 packets per day, it gives you the room to ask your coach the question: why four packets?

Some reasons: you were already exercising. We need extra calories after exercise. IP is an extremely low calorie diet. Another reason doesn't apply to you, which would be excessive body weight. Also, many coaches start clients on 3-5 packets for their first week. My coach put me on 3, with a 4th, as needed. I still use a 4th as needed (rarely, unless I've exercised).
Staying on P1 until 100% of weight loss is achieved is IP's new norm. It used to be 90%. Some coaches still start phasing people off at 90%.

Never hesitate to ask your coach questions. This is a service we are paying for. I have my coach's email, work phone AND cell. I've texted her occasionally. I mostly use her email, maybe once/week (and I advance-email my food order, as well). That way she can respond when she is most able.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #225  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the feedback! I just went back and rechecked the form and you're right - it says 3 packs. She probably just meant that I could use up to 4 if I had to. I'm glad I asked before I ran out of food and wondered why! No wonder I haven't been hungry at all these first 2 days.

I think there was just so much information thrown at me in a short time it was tough to absorb it all. This site has been a huge help. I do have my coach's contact info and she said to email her my food list a couple of days before my WI. She seems very accessible and a lot friendlier and encouraging than some others I've read about here, so that's a definite plus.
Closed Thread